• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna wait on Sorceress until she goes up at HLJ, so I retain the option to cancel. I don't want to be locked into a purchase when I'm not really in love with the figure. It'll be worse if I ordered from AmiAmi and then Orchid Seed came out with something amazing.

chrono01

I think I'm gonna wait on Sorceress until she goes up at HLJ, so I retain the option to cancel. I don't want to be locked into a purchase when I'm not really in love with the figure. It'll be worse if I ordered from AmiAmi and then Orchid Seed came out with something amazing.
Wise words.

I'll likely do the same.

zoku88

Need some advice from people who paint models.

I'm working with a kit that has a lot of small/thin parts right now. (like, ribbons and stuff.) I'm not sure how to paint them in a way that I won't mess up the paint job.

Usually, I drill holes near the parts where I'm going to attach it to another part of the figure and then stick a thin metal rod in the hole so I can paint without touching the part (and also stick it in styrofoam so the part is floating while it is drying.)

I don't reallly think I can drill holes in these parts. Way too thin. So, how should I paint them?

Yesssssss. Just got someone to pay for Sigrid as a late birthday present. Just ordered her to ship with my August AmiAmi order. Ive wanted her for a while, but I thought she was sold out for some reason.

chrono01

Yesssssss. Just got someone to pay for Sigrid as a late birthday present. Just ordered her to ship with my August AmiAmi order. Ive wanted her for a while, but I thought she was sold out for some reason.
First Junko, and now Sigrid? WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE PEOPLE!?

/jealous

After I got a figure I wanted for my birthday and pretty much spazzed when I opened it, I'm hoping my friends will continue to push that button in the future since it gets results :p

chrono01

After I got a figure I wanted for my birthday and pretty much spazzed when I opened it, I'm hoping my friends will continue to push that button in the future since it gets results :p
So you were basically the N64 Kid?

If I displayed my true affections when receiving figures as gifts, I'm not so sure they would feel safe in my presence ever again, let alone buy more in the future. I would likely not be able to control my limbs and would, quite possibly, damage them in the process of myself attempting to display my gratitude.

Bombless

More images of the Alphamax S00rceress here.

I really would had preferred the dress covering a bit more, the nipples boobs effect wouldn't exist then. I think the HLJ option is the best for the moment.

So you were basically the N64 Kid?

If I displayed my true affections when receiving figures as gifts, I'm not so sure they would feel safe in my presence ever again, let alone buy more in the future. I would likely not be able to control my limbs and would, quite possibly, damage them in the process of myself attempting to display my gratitude.

Haha probably not far off. It was evident my heart was full of joy. I'm comfortable acting in an embarrassing manner around my friends, safe in the knowledge that I have memories of them doing the same or worse. After all, the basis of friendship is mutual fear of exposure, right? Right?

chrono01

Haha probably not far off. It was evident my heart was full of joy. I'm comfortable acting in an embarrassing manner around my friends, safe in the knowledge that I have memories of them doing the same or worse. After all, the basis of friendship is mutual fear of exposure, right? Right?
Entirely so!

If you cannot be yourself around your friends, then they are not your friends. DO not be embarrassed, nay...encourage them to join you in your hobby! They may just discover that they have a passion for figure-collecting as well!

...Or not. At least they will know that you value figures as gifts, which opens the door for future surprises.

Entirely so!

If you cannot be yourself around your friends, then they are not your friends. DO not be embarrassed, nay...encourage them to join you in your hobby! They may just discover that they have a passion for figure-collecting as well!

...Or not. At least they will know that you value figures as gifts, which opens the door for future surprises.

Agreed. You know, I recently got my best friend to watch K-ON! as an intro to anime. She seems pretty into it, so you never know...

Speaking of K-ON, more pics 'cause I took them and they're just going to waste otherwise. KyoAni Nakano Asuza Listen Ver:

Box shot. Simple and pretty.

aYWzuVp.jpg

Azunyan herself

nRqBLA3.jpg

Inside the strawberry and...

ql7VAk7.jpghttp:

YO THAT SHIT LIGHTS UP

fVaJNNO.jpg

Seriously it comes with 3 small batteries and everything. Strawberry-ception. KyoAni's manufacturing isn't on the level of the big boys, but I really like the figure. It's terribly cute and pretty unique among my collection. Mio, Ritsu and Yui are on the way, but their designs are from the first ED, not listen.

chrono01

Agreed. You know, I recently got my best friend to watch K-ON! as an intro to anime. She seems pretty into it, so you never know...

Speaking of K-ON, more pics 'cause I took them and they're just going to waste otherwise. KyoAni Nakano Asuza Listen Ver:

Seriously it comes with 3 small batteries and everything. Strawberry-ception. KyoAni's manufacturing isn't on the level of the big boys, but I really like the figure. It's terribly cute and pretty unique among my collection. Mio, Ritsu and Yui are on the way, but their designs are from the first ED, not listen.
Wow, that's really unique.

Azunyan, eating a strawberry whilst sitting on a larger strawberry...inside of which contains a smaller person sitting atop another strawberry. That's certainly an eye-catching figure.

LiK

cute lil surprise but a shame you can't display it with both sides facing you.

Bombless

I've been browsing various Journey art (the PS3 game) and it's such a shame there are no figures out there. The source material is so gorgeous and coulourful...

Cheska

Whoot! Thank you johnsmith, based off of your recommendation to add a figalert for Milla, I was able to snag her for less than $100 shipped, versus the $100+ for the figure alone everyone else.

I also managed to order Jude off amiami and combine him with my monthly order right before he sold out.

Need some advice from people who paint models.

I'm working with a kit that has a lot of small/thin parts right now. (like, ribbons and stuff.) I'm not sure how to paint them in a way that I won't mess up the paint job.

Usually, I drill holes near the parts where I'm going to attach it to another part of the figure and then stick a thin metal rod in the hole so I can paint without touching the part (and also stick it in styrofoam so the part is floating while it is drying.)

I don't reallly think I can drill holes in these parts. Way too thin. So, how should I paint them?

Did gunpla a while back, I used adhesive tape or Blu-Tack to hold them up on one side then wait for the paint to dry and flip it over.

zoku88

Did gunpla a while back, I used adhesive tape or Blu-Tack to hold them up on one side then wait for the paint to dry and flip it over.

I see, so you didn't paint the whole thing at one time, but only painted one side.

I was thinking of doing something, but was afraid of getting slightly inconsistent colours.

Then again, on a part so small, maybe you wouldnt really notice...

LiK

Whoot! Thank you johnsmith, based off of your recommendation to add a figalert for Milla, I was able to snag her for less than $100 shipped, versus the $100+ for the figure alone everyone else.

I also managed to order Jude off amiami and combine him with my monthly order right before he sold out.

wow, Jude actually sold out. Guess the game coming out in the West actually helped it sell,. heh. I wonder if I'll regret not getting it now.

I've been browsing various Journey art (the PS3 game) and it's such a shame there are no figures out there. The source material is so gorgeous and coulourful...

they made Journey scarves but they were only given to the press. sadly.

wow, Jude actually sold out. Guess the game coming out in the West actually helped it sell,. heh. I wonder if I'll regret not getting it now.

I was thinking the same thing, but I know as soon as I'm completely done with the game, I probably won't care. So I can't see spending near enough to $150 tracking down those two.

LiK

I was thinking the same thing, but I know as soon as I'm completely done with the game, I probably won't care. So I can't see spending near enough to $150 tracking down those two.

i already have Milla so it would suck if i end up loving the game. Jude is still available elsewhere but for $100+. Guess I should've bitten on AmiAmi.

i already have Milla so it would suck if i end up loving the game. Jude is still available elsewhere but for $100+. Guess I should've bitten on AmiAmi.

Hahano. Nippon-Yasan has him for $67 and change.

I'm just not biting because I'm all full on orders for this year.

LiK

MY MAN!

Nippon Yasan has been a bit of a hit or miss with their packaging for me lately. Not as good as AmiAmi and the boxes are more flimsy. A small price to pay to get it for that price.

I have't bothered listing all the stuff I preordered this year. Let's just say it's incredibly gross and makes me feel bad...lol

Just checked and they still have Milla too for those who are interested. I'm loving the hell out of Xillia so I'd have been disappointed if I missed out on these two.

yea, i think if i end up not loving the game, i'll sell it. gonna keep it in the box until i'm sure.

Cheska

Just checked and they still have Milla too for those who are interested. I'm loving the hell out of Xillia so I'd have been disappointed if I missed out on these two.

Toki767

Temptation rises...I like Milla more than Jude so far in the game. Plus Jude's face looks kinda weird in that Alter figure. The Milla figure is really nice, but I already have her from the CE. Such a hard decision to make.

LiK

Temptation rises...I like Milla more than Jude so far in the game. Plus Jude's face looks kinda weird in that Alter figure. The Milla figure is really nice, but I already have her from the CE. Such a hard decision to make.

do it. enablers unite!

I chose Jude for my first playthrough, and I really like playing him. It's also nice to see a main character in an RPG that uses something other than a sword for a weapon. :D

Toki767

I chose Jude for my first playthrough, and I really like playing him. It's also nice to see a main character in an RPG that uses something other than a sword for a weapon. :D

I'm playing through Jude for my first playthrough as well. I just meant I like Milla more as a character than Jude, even though Jude as a character is pretty likeable I think.

Cheska

Honestly, I don't think they will be any cheaper. If anything, as hype for the game rises, less stock will be available.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm hovering over Snake Eyes hot toy. On one hand, those movies were dumb

on the other, Snake Eyes looked awesome in them.

chrono01

If you do not do it, the Universe itself will punish you for it. It will actively seek you wherever you go and whatever you do, there will be no escape. It will be HELL!

So for your sake, and the sake of your loved ones...purchase Alter's Milla. While you're at it, purchase Jude as well. They compliment each other beautifully.

Your friends/family, as well as the Universe, will thank you.

LiK

Which shipping option did you choose? Feels like Economic Registered is the best value.

EMS, the prices for the rest with tracking are negligible. One odd thing is FedEx option is not there when I ordered. Not sure why since my previous two orders was with FedEx. Not gonna lie, FedEx hasn;t been handling their packages that well. Both of them were pretty banged up but I didn't bother complaining. I wonder if other customers did.

she's pretty much sold out in other places and her MSRP was around $70+ so the markup ain't too bad.

HA HA. Enabler! Enabler!

With everything I've got on order, plus the stuff for next year I'm definitely going to buy, I'll do the smart thing and pass.

chrono01

she's pretty much sold out in other places and her MSRP was around $70+ so the markup ain't too bad.
Don't forget that those that haven't played Tales of Xillia beforehand [those in North America, for example] will likely clamor for this Milla due to how amazing she is. The figure that comes with the Collector's Edition, while nice, is not a replacement for Alter. If anything, it will convince those interested to track down the release from Alter.

I purchased her before playing Tales of Xillia. Now that I have finally played it, I appreciate the Milla/Jude figures even more.

Got my Play Arts Rinoa today, not another bootleg thankfully.
still in good shape but was missing the pointing hand so im a little disappointed.

These original Play Arts were so much better than Kai. Rinoa looks amazing.
rowyn12979971022.jpeg

god the bootleg looks horrible compared in person, more than inch shorter.

LiK

Got my Play Arts Rinoa today, not another bootleg thankfully.
still in good shape but was missing the pointing hand so im a little disappointed.

These original Play Arts were so much better than Kai. Rinoa looks amazing.
rowyn12979971022.jpeg

god the bootleg looks horrible compared in person, more than inch shorter.

congrats. a lil update on the PA i'm selling. i fucked up and did not find them in the boxes i thought they were in. will try the other boxes when i feel like moving more stuff around lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom