• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

nvm its 16k apparently fuck that. Skytube, you can keep it
Yeah, I was really looking forward to this one, but the price just kills it for me.

Granted you do get a nice-looking pedestal with her, as well as having many pieces of her [such as the veil] removable [which definitely adds to the cost], but that's still a lot of money to ask for a 1/8 scale/non-exclusive figure. ~_~

Damn it, Alphamax.

chrono01

You know shit is going downhill when Alphamax starts getting greedy.
Incoming 17,000 yen Megahouse figures!

In all seriousness, Alphamax really improved over the last year or so. Their releases, especially under the Skytube name, are all great [if you like Tony Taka's style as much as I do]. Still, that's a lot of money to ask for something like that. A lot. Manufacturers need to do something about these increased prices. :/

chrono01

I finally finished Muramasa, now to decide if the Momohime figure is worth it.
Momohime is one of the figures that I'd recommend to any/every figure-collector out there. She's flawless.

But her [if you can, I know she's pretty difficult to track down for a decent price, especially in new/great condition].

But her [if you can, I know she's pretty difficult to track down for a decent price, especially in new/great condition].

I got her last year for about $105. I can only imagine what horrible things have happened to the price since then. She's also a pretty small figure. But she's exquisite, too.

darklin0

Banned
tumblr_n8upfhSN771qzdctco1_500.jpg

I would totally buy this. Sadly it is a garage kit. ]:

Femto.

So there is a figma on Mandarake that I want but the title says "opened/box damaged/figma only"

So does that mean it doesn't come with any of the figure's add-ons/accessories?
Not entirely sure what it means by figma only.

Edit: This figma was released along side with a manga volume, so does it mean that it's only the figma itself being sold without the item it was released with?

if you're talking about the guts figma. it came with the latest manga volume. i think -figma only- means everything figma related is included.

if your're nervous about the description, maybe it's best to ask.

Yaari

Momohime looks awesome. But those prices are insane. I think the only place to even get her is ebay and prices are through the roof.

I think if she gets offered on any of those pre-used sites, it takes only minutes before someone else buys them.

Femto.

if you're talking about the guts figma. it came with the latest manga volume. i think -figma only- means everything figma related is included.

if your're nervous about the description, maybe it's best to ask.
Right on the money with your first guess haha

Yeah I guess I should, probably will in the morning. I'm so tired at the moment.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
if you really do go to WF would you mind doing pickups?

Nope, not really. Assuming it's not a hellzone like comiket (which, in my years of following WF, I've never gotten the impression that it is) then I don't mind. Will try to figure out if I'm going.

Giolon

HobbySearch posted a review of MegaHouse Elf. Looks like that hideous opaque change to the foot support is the final version. And the kicker? The knee support stand is still present. You can try to display her without it, but I'm sure folks who have other precariously posed figures will tell you, gravity alway wins so neglect using it at your own risk.

http://www.1999.co.jp/blog/140717

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I swear there's a new Sonico every other week.

I could've sworn that Sonico was already out. There are so many that I can't even tell anymore.

HobbySearch posted a review of MegaHouse Elf. Looks like that hideous opaque change to the foot support is the final version. And the kicker? The knee support stand is still present. You can try to display her without it, but I'm sure folks who have other precariously posed figures will tell you, gravity alway wins so neglect using it at your own risk.

Good lord, that cone is hideous.

kewlmyc

wibkyNo.gif

She looks mediocre as hell, but it's probably the only figure we'll get of her.

Goddammit, it isn't hard to paint the white cone or turn it into a rock or a tree trunk or somthing, so the fact that they didn't even bother pisses me off.

Einbroch

Banned
I don't understand. Why didn't they just make it a log or something? I could live with the knee brace if that giant florescent light looking cone wasn't there.

Bombless

I'm not buying to resell, and in this particular case I'm fairly certain getting rid of that white cone would increase it's value :D

RMI

Banned
will be waiting for that elf to land in the bargain bin. even with the cone and the knee support I can imagine her looking pretty good on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom