• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Ended up writing an email to AnimeJungle as it had been 3 weeks since I had sent the payment and they had not confirmed reception of it (only Paypal did). They confirmed it today and mentioned the August delivery date.

Happy future Leviathan owner here!

Giolon

Not by much, lololololololol.

Legs + Face = W-T-F

Matches up to the artwork really nicely:
ZfrH2MU.jpg

Bravely Default follows the Fire Emblem Awakening school of "What are feet?"

Giolon

Her legs look broke as fuck, though.

Yeah, I can see that. They removed the cuff from the top of her boot. In the artwork, it looks more just like a continuation of her calf than a bend. But high-heels don't really work at all when characters don't have feet...

Yaari

No Kate Nendo for me either, I don't know how to explain a figure like that.. haha. It's too bad because I thought the show was pretty good, even though I thought it dropped in quality. But a certain smoking scene was the funniest thing I've seen in Anime thus far.

Luigi87

I return to Canada from my trip to Tokyo, and one of my suitcases of luggage wasn't put on the plane apparently...

Conveniently not the one full of all the figures I bought, so I have them ready to be added to my collection display, just the suitcase full of ALL MY CLOTHES

I return to Canada from my trip to Tokyo, and one of my suitcases of luggage wasn't put on the plane apparently...

Conveniently not the one full of all the figures I bought, so I have them ready to be added to my collection display, just the suitcase full of ALL MY CLOTHES

Ugh...sorry to hear that.

It's ok you can always buy more clothes hehe

kewlmyc

Wow that's shitty. They're not going to reimburse you or anything? What would have happened if you have had expensive things or family heirlooms in there?

Luigi87

So what? You'll just be naked. Who needs clothes?

Ugh...sorry to hear that.

It's ok you can always buy more clothes hehe

=P

Wow that's shitty. They're not going to reimburse you or anything? What would have happened if you have had expensive things or family heirlooms in there?

Well if it arrives via the next flight, they'll ship it right to me. If not, then I'll have to deal with travel insurance... Hopefully the former.

Don't even have the energy to unpack my figures, lol. Need to set up all the nendos a certain way now...

=P

Well if it arrives via the next flight, they'll ship it right to me. If not, then I'll have to deal with travel insurance... Hopefully the former.

Don't even have the energy to unpack my figures, lol. Need to set up all the nendos a certain way now...

Hope you get it back....

Make sure you take some pics for us when you open everything!

johnsmith

remember me
Her nose seems to have disappeared between prototype and production. I have a feeling this is going to be another max factory bomba.
rM5PRqa.jpg

chrono01

Sorry to hear that. :(

Here's hoping they can find your remaining luggage quickly! At least your figures are okay [I know, small comfort :/].

Her nose seems to have disappeared between prototype and production. I have a feeling this is going to be another max factory bomba.
rM5PRqa.jpg
Well that's disappointing.

It could just be the angle/lighting, though.

Greetings, all. After a lengthy absence from this thread, I return with joyous news! My Snow Miku finally arrived at my PO Box! I will be picking it up tomorrow. I think she'll be a work figure; depends on how much room I left on my desk...

Oddly enough, it says it was shipped from Gardena. If that's true, I could've just drove over to the warehouse and picked it up myself.

Anyway, time to abandon thread before the addiction rears its ugly head. Hopefully my drama will be over soon so I can start indulging again.

Greetings, all. After a lengthy absence from this thread, I return with joyous news! My Snow Miku finally arrived at my PO Box! I will be picking it up tomorrow. I think she'll be a work figure; depends on how much room I left on my desk...

Oddly enough, it says it was shipped from Gardena. If that's true, I could've just drove over to the warehouse and picked it up myself.

Anyway, time to abandon thread before the addiction rears its ugly head. Hopefully my drama will be over soon so I can start indulging again.

Welcome back, hope your problems are resolved soonish.

Luigi87

Got to be a bad photoshop image enhancement.

-----

She's finally here!

*bad cell phone photo warning*

There are so many optional parts and accessory, I counted like 8 arms.

Oh god, so cute... Beginning to make me regret not grabbing her when I saw her while in Japan >_< (but it would have blown my budget even higher...)

chrono01

Got to be a bad photoshop image enhancement.

-----

She's finally here!

*bad cell phone photo warning*

There are so many optional parts and accessory, I counted like 8 arms.
Very nice.

Speaking of, my Snow Miku + Armin Figma STILL hasn't shipped. Why, GSC? Why? You charged me early in July for these. ~_~

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Very nice.

Speaking of, my Snow Miku + Armin Figma STILL hasn't shipped. Why, GSC? Why? You charged me early in July for these. ~_~

I ordered from GSC also, got a tracking number yesterday and received it today. It is shipped from California, I never expected it to arrive so soon.

chrono01

I ordered from GSC also, got a tracking number yesterday and received it today. It is shipped from California, I never expected it to arrive so soon.
Maybe it's a problem with Canadian orders? I've heard of a couple people on MFC getting theirs, and I believe they're also from the US.

I'm hoping mine is shipped via EMS and not UPS, though. I always pay brokerage charges on UPS, so I'd hate to have spent 2000 yen on shipping [which is taking forever] only to have to pay even more when it's delivered.

chrono01

0rmlzE9.jpg

Muse's original artwork. The sculptor (this was a GK before being picked up for PVC release) took some serious liberties.
It would have been better if the figure replicated the...assets....of this artwork more, and not so much "balloon-boobs". :/

chrono01

oh, definitely. But the question is, are supergiant boobs a reason not to buy a figure I otherwise really dig?
Well, I did purchase Kongiku [and recommend her to everyone], so it's not as though something like that would necessarily stop me. I'm just not sure if it's worth the purchase since I don't know anything about where she comes from, aside from it being a Japan-only release. Of course, that hasn't stopped me before...

I just wish she was a bit more moderately-sized, especially considering that in the original artwork she wasn't as exaggerated.

I just wish she was a bit more moderately-sized, especially considering that in the original artwork she wasn't as exaggerated.

I do want to keep January super-light, though. All I have at present is that adorable Yasuna + Sonya figure from Phat. I anticipate Batwoman bishoujo in February. All my hhhnnnggg and want. Juri isn't until April. I has a sad.

Also, this is adora----AAAAAHHHHHHHHH Griffon....

Giolon

oh, definitely. But the question is, are supergiant boobs a reason not to buy a figure I otherwise really dig?

Sometimes? lol

Personally, I think that new witch figure from Alphamax will end up being a much better sexy witch option! This one is so simplistic and lacking in fine details. Combined with the unnecessary inflation, unless she were incredibly cheap, makes her a far less attractive buy.

Edit: This one:

Personally, I think that new witch figure from Alphamax will end up being a much better sexy witch option! This one is so simplistic and lacking in fine details. Combined with the unnecessary inflation, unless she were incredibly cheap, makes her a far less attractive buy.

Fair point. But I have a feeling that Alphamax witch is going to have an amazeballs price. That looks like one of the best sculpts I've ever seen from Alphamax, and you can bet they know it.

chrono01

I do want to keep January super-light, though. All I have at present is that adorable Yasuna + Sonya figure from Phat. I anticipate Batwoman bishoujo in February. All my hhhnnnggg and want. Juri isn't until April. I has a sad.

Also, this is adora----AAAAAHHHHHHHHH Griffon....
I'm trying to keep my January free too. As of now, I have nothing for the month, but I know there will likely be a figure or two that will tempt me. That is, of course, one of my many pre-orders for 2015 aren't delayed into January, which is a definite possibility.

Actually, one current figure that's scheduled for January is on my "wish-list" [Narukami Yuno from Alphamax]. I know, she's overpriced for what she is, but that particular Tony Taka illustration has always been one of my favorites, and it's very tasteful compared to other Tony Taka figures. Also, there's a lot to her [that podium, wedding dress, and shien on her clothing] that I can kind of see why they're asking the amount they are. Kind of. Also, considering it's Skytube, the odds of her being available post-release for a cheaper price is pretty slim. We will see...

Also, that Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi is adorable. But Griffon. #_#

Sometimes? lol

Edit: This one:
She's definitely going to be pre-ordered by me, unless she's ridiculously over-priced. I love everything about her.

So yeah, uhh..... I bought this.

More out of nostalgia than anything else. Way before I was into collecting figures, I remember seeing her online and being like "oh man, awesome!" This was years and years ago.

I figured nostalgia is worth at least 1.4k for an A/B Lunamaria Hawke. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom