• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. How did I miss this? This needs to be real.

Edit: Ha ha holy shit. I found it on MFC - 1/3 scale. ROFLMAO. So much for that.
I'm surprised those wanted Maou didn't get the Kotobukiya release of her:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/143933
143933.jpg

It's 24cm but it's Kotobukiya, so quality assured.

Okay guys... I decided to go SAL Unregistered for that MegaHouse Lunamaria Hawke figure I got pre-owned for 1.4k. It knocked about 400JPY off the shipping, so I figured why not?

I've never used SAL Unregistered before. Pray for me.

Okay guys... I decided to go SAL Unregistered for that MegaHouse Lunamaria Hawke figure I got pre-owned for 1.4k. It knocked about 400JPY off the shipping, so I figured why not?

I've never used SAL Unregistered before. Pray for me.
You make it sound like SAL unregistered is terrible, boo boo-urns you. It's good if you aren't in a rush for the figure, though expect the package from 1-4 weeks.

You make it sound like SAL unregistered is terrible, boo boo-urns you. It's good if you aren't in a rush for the figure, though expect the package from 1-4 weeks.

The time isn't an issue, I do SAL all the time. It's just the unregistered bit I've never used before, so I don't know what to expect. It'll be nice not having to pick up something at the post office, though!

I used SAL Unregistered for my last package from AmiAmi and it came in about the same time as SAL Registered.

I just had no idea where it was the whole time so there was less tracking it every day.

I kinda regret choosing SAL Unregistered for my July order since I kinda want to know where it is right now, lol

Ah guess registered does give peace of mind but as long as your postal service doesn't have a corrupt/thief/incompetent individuals working there it should be fine XD

Think I did tracking several times before and felt the tracking was pretty useless for SAL cause it only updates when it has entered/left the country etc, not enough updates to make it that useful =/

I think the tracking is decent enough at least for me.

When it leaves Japan, when it arrives to the States, when it gets stuck in Customs and when I have to go to the post office cause it is already being delivered without me knowing.

StayDead

I'm aware of that but seeing as how I haven't even bought on other Nendos (Luigi, Isabelle and others) I think I'm fairly good with temptation lol.

I like SAL Unregistered as I don't get so many dumb handling fees and objects stuck in customs when I use it (UK).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I might try unregistered. I mean the Royal Mail never updates their database in time for me to make use of tracking so it's pretty pointless.

chrono01

I've only used SAL Unregistered once or twice, and mostly that was because I wasn't aware HS offered the Registered option until afterwards [all you need to do is leave a message in the comment section and they'll add on the additional surcharge for Registered]. The package arrived perfectly fine, but I missed the option of being able to track it while en-route to me. Tracking alone is worth the extra cost to me.

The two shipping methods I use most are EMS [because of combined shipments from AmiAmi and the ones I need NOW] and Registered SAL [for the smaller items]. It's not that SAL Unregistered is unreliable, it's the same as Registered, you just don't get all of the additional perks with it.

Speaking of AmiAmi, my monthly order shipped today. I'm especially excited because it contains my Danganronpa 2 coat, as well as my Asuka [Senran Kagura]. Other than that, it's been a pretty light month, although the ones to follow look pretty brutal, even more so if you look at the video game releases scheduled for those months. ~_~

Oh, my Card Captor Sakura Collection Blu-ray shipped from Rightstuf too. The day, it keeps on giving.
And so does my wallet. ;_;

Yaari

Might not get Snow Miku after all, I don't look forward to multiple character figures that much and I was going to stay out of Nendo's anyway. And that Miku that was recently posted here looks just as great to me.

Still want that Renge and Mashiro though, sigh.

Happy b-day Freezasaurus :D

RMI

Banned
I've had registered packages get lost in customs limbo, so the only way to track them down was via the tracking. So, I wouldn't go SAL unregistered unless I had no choice. I'm happy to pay the few extra bucks for the tracking info.

cajunator

Banned
I need this in my life, and in my heart.

I dont like the sculpt of this so much..

Oh. Huh. Guess I won't be getting that. 1/3 is far too fuckin' huge, and I'm sure it'd command a $300+ pricetag. I loved that show and I loved that character but I don't love it THAT much.

Also, why haven't there been ANY normal Ryuko figures/statues. They're all transformation, in her underwear, or a nendoroid.
500px-Ryuuko_Matoi.png

I would buy a normal Ryuko too. Shes a cutie like that.

I'm surprised those wanted Maou didn't get the Kotobukiya release of her:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/143933
143933.jpg

It's 24cm but it's Kotobukiya, so quality assured.

I have her. Worth every penny. Shes gorgeous and verrrrry heavy.

Nope its a mass market line releasing in the US soon.
These are the 3.75" line, they already showed a prototype for OOT Ganondorf as well
They are doing plush figures, 6" figures, 3.75" figures and 2.5" figures.

6" line Bowser and Donkey Kong are supposedly at Toysrus already.

They got the rights to pretty much everything from Nintendo, and they already hinted that they will likely do every version of Link and such.

2.5" Line

2.5" Zelda sets will be very interesting

Their plush figures look like shit though

actually seems like people are finding them in the US today.
Definitely going to need Link.

Hero

Funny enough I found the World of Nintendo figures at Target today. Picked up Mario. Not bad, very minor issues with the paint on his face.

Hero

The World of Nintendo Mario is the exact same as the Figurarts.

Edit: Not actually exact but heavily modified.

Yup, I just was looking at it more closely and the leg joints are different. Can't do all the poses that the Figurarts promo shots show.
Yeah its cheaper and different, but being sold at Walmart,Target and TRU so it will be much easier for some to get their hands on at least.(especially kids)

Yaari

Has anyone used Anime-Jungle? I see something I want with a B notification. It does not mention the figure being damaged, only the box. Which I am fine with. Anyone bought used from them?

EDIT: Oh well, we'll see. They don't mention the figure damaged, so I guess they are professional enough to be honest about it just being the box. Regardless I just saved 80USD because I was going to get it for much more than that. I was not really feeling that deal in the first place but I was getting a little too drawn into a figure I really liked. A wise lesson I guess, lol.

sca2511

So the arms were actually in the packaging, just in some flap that I didn't see. They replaced the body with the paint chip, I had to destroy the old body. Also some of my older pick ups that I finally opened.

Giolon

Has anyone used Anime-Jungle? I see something I want with a B notification. It does not mention the figure being damaged, only the box. Which I am fine with. Anyone bought used from them?

EDIT: Oh well, we'll see. They don't mention the figure damaged, so I guess they are professional enough to be honest about it just being the box. Regardless I just saved 80USD because I was going to get it for much more than that. I was not really feeling that deal in the first place but I was getting a little too drawn into a figure I really liked. A wise lesson I guess, lol.

Anime Jungle is legit.

So the arms were actually in the packaging, just in some flap that I didn't see. They replaced the body with the paint chip, I had to destroy the old body. Also some of my older pick ups that I finally opened.

Those sideshow statues always look so nice. I can never bring myself to pay that kind of price.

chrono01

Don't worry, they will.

So do you think Range Muse is going to be out before 2015? I don't even know what's going on with her at this point.
You can't really say with Alter, but honestly...she feels like a Q1/Q2 2015 release to me. The lack of updates surrounding her isn't exactly comforting. :(

Bishoujo Cammy is so good. Wonderful job. This bodes well for She-Hulk's sculpt.

You making me jelly, bro. I haven't bought her yet because I'm waiting for the inevitable alternate colorway to be announced (probably at NYCC). I was never a huge fan of the green costume.

Bombless

I'm hope Koto will keep the rest of the Street Fighter line in action poses. It's impossible to display these two without setting them against each other!

Yaari

Those spiderman statues are so cool. Unfortunately very heavy and the only way I can get them here is for 300EUR each.

RocBase

i have a question for any figuregaf canadians: you guys have to deal with customs right? what are the spending limits and if possible, is there a way to avoid them by going with SAL? for example i was told that SAL packages generally flow under the radar despite the declared amount in the uk

really gorgeous :)

Bombless

A bit late, but Happy Birthday Freezasaurus! All the figures for you!

Also, as a small FYI to everyone here, selling some figs on MFC http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Dabookerman/shop/

I'm also gonna be putting up Koto and GSC Makise Kurisu, but need to find them.. Need to take pics as there is some minor damage on the figures themselves.

How much would you guys take off for minor damage on figures?

In need of space? :(

In need of space? :(

Not quite there yet... but I can see me needing space if I don't work something out >.<

These ones i've been planning to sell for a while. Tharja and Elf I have two of. Link and Arisa, I don't like them enough to want to keep.

I will be making a list of figures that I am far less fond of, and so I'll end up putting them up for sale. Problem is, I have a great fondness for most of them :(

Still got the big Hot Toys 89 Batmobile that needs selling. That will be a pain in the butt.

Bombless

Not quite there yet... but I can see me needing space if I don't work something out >.<

These ones i've been planning to sell for a while. Tharja and Elf I have two of. Link and Arisa, I don't like them enough to want to keep.

I will be making a list of figures that I am far less fond of, and so I'll end up putting them up for sale. Problem is, I have a great fondness for most of them :(

Still got the big Hot Toys 89 Batmobile that needs selling. That will be a pain in the butt.

Oh good, I wouldn't had been able to ever forgive you for selling Tharja and Elf.

I would had thought that Batmobile would be an easy sale, I assumed it was very sought after?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom