• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this today:
BpYK44RIIAAN81V.jpg:large

Box of Hidamari Sketch Graphig++:

Got all of them now:

Reversible heads:

Mokoi

Banned
Decided to order the Honoka figure. Don't really like her too much, but hey I need to start building up my collection.

Qy4tvUb.png

Figmas aren't scaled right? Kind of want the Samus figma as the armor hides joints quite well.

I think they are, or at least loosely. Samus figma is taller than Link. Either way, the Samus figma is EXCELLENT and regardless of scale, if you want it you should absolutely go for it

So if I admit to not having the Sakura Nendo ordered I am going to get shunned? Cause I have never seen the show, she is cute but nothing is making me want to order it.

Judge away guys...I can take it.

So if I admit to not having the Sakura Nendo ordered I am going to get shunned? Cause I have never seen the show, she is cute but nothing is making me want to order it.

I'm on the fence of ordering her. I think she looks cute but hasn't reached throw wallet at screen level.

A6Stjaz.png

I used to watch it when I was a kid, it's a very nostalgic anime for me but I personally prefer regular figures over Nendos.
The only exception being Windwaker Link, because he was fucking made to be a Nendo.
If there was a Scaled Sakura figure, or even a figma, I might consider looking into it but I'm not much into the magical girl genre....unless it's Madoka.

Giolon

Figmas aren't scaled right? Kind of want the Samus figma as the armor hides joints quite well.

Figmas are all roughly scaled the same, which is why there's such a big market for generic figma-sized accessories (bikes, desks, cars, etc.) and how people are able to have such fun swapping parts.

However, Samus is huge. She's about 33% larger than your average figma. None of her parts are compatible with other figmas. Her hands are huge. Don't let that dissuade you from picking her up though. This is the best action figure of Samus we're probably likely to ever see. It helps that it is actually great too.

Link and Pit also have a different scale than other "normal" figmas - but all 3 Nintendo characters seem like they might be properly scaled compared to each other (Samus is the biggest, then Link, then Pit).

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Anyone ordered dark angel Olivia from amazon? The estimated delivery is tomorrow and they still haven't ship her yet.

If you never watch the show there are no reason to get her. She looks great, but if you never watch the show you missed a lot of the nostalgic value.

cajunator

Banned

You just havent watched the show. Sakura Tange is absolutely adorable voice actress and Sakura is a little happy go lucky optimistic moenuke character. It had wonderful music and a solid storyline. CCS is anime gold.

kewlmyc

Not getting it because I'm not into the show, sue me.

ROCKET POWERED FISTS

Would buy the set for this alone lmao.

The rocket effects come separately in the Mazinger Weapon Set kit,
(fucking Bandai, I swear to god),
but the cool thing is that it's only about 10 bucks. For all the iconic poses you can show off with them, I would say the Weapon Set is worth it.

RocBase

The rocket effects come separately in the Mazinger Weapon Set kit,
(fucking Bandai, I swear to god),
but the cool thing is that it's only about 10 bucks. For all the iconic poses you can show off with them, I would say the Weapon Set is worth it.

Aw seriously? Sucks how they do that, goddamn. But then again here I am feeding their pockets LOL
Where did you get them?

Aw seriously? Sucks how they do that, goddamn. But then again here I am feeding their pockets LOL
Where did you get them?

I got Mazinger from a convention. It's the first release, so it was a tad overpriced but I would have paid the same amount online with shipping.
Since Mazinger Z recently got re-released, they also started selling the Weapon Set again. Unfortunately they're both sold out now on Amiami.

i just came into the sudden realization...that the 2 strike witches I have on po might
will
drop in price =(. Lucchini is the one I wanted most so... I'm ok with that. Lynette was more for "gotta get them all" and I do like snipers.

I held out on Perrine because that was super obvious to drop in price.

I didn't realize that the Samus figma was sold out again. Once the 2nd release came and they announced that they'd be selling them in Gamestops, I figured it was just easy to get now.

fake edit: I just checked, Amazon has them for $50, prime and smile eligible

RocBase

I got Mazinger from a convention. It's the first release, so it was a tad overpriced but I would have paid the same amount online with shipping.
Since Mazinger Z recently got re-released, they also started selling the Weapon Set again. Unfortunately they're both sold out now on Amiami.

Ah cheers! Managed to find them on NY so not all is lost.
There seem to be a bunch on the listing page, and the one you have is going for an obnoxious price lol, will the set work with any?

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/modules...=desc&search_query=Mazinger+&id_category=none

johnsmith

remember me
Finally ordered Olivia on Amazon. Bummed I missed the crunchyroll deal but at least I won't have to pay ridiculous shipping. Plus she was free with credit card cash rewards.

Ah cheers! Managed to find them on NY so not all is lost.
There seem to be a bunch on the listing page, and the one you have is going for an obnoxious price lol, will the set work with any?

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/modules...=desc&search_query=Mazinger+&id_category=none

A lot of those are insanely priced because they have alternate colour schemes. The weapon set and the very last Mazinger on that list (the ones that's selling for 2.7k) look to be fair prices though, a lot less than what I had to pay for my Mazinger. I say go for it.

As for the weapon set, It will work with any Mazinger figure (Great Mazinger, Mazinkaiser, etc.), but there's a good change that it will also be compatible with any other figue in the SRC line.

Edit: the data sheet for the 2.7k one doesn't list diecast under the materials. I'm going to look into this further.

pooptest

I dunno, man. Dat price. Not feeling it. I'm leaning toward Astaroth because of how unique she is, but she's got a lot of distracting details. Maybe too much going on... and that hair seam is a bit nasty.

I'm not feeling the price either. But I have all the current Alisa figures, I have all the upcoming Alisa's pre-ordered, and I just paid for Nana Kazuki. I want to complete the set of GEB/GE2 figures, whenever they decide to stop making them...

I'm not feeling the price either. But I have all the current Alisa figures, I have all the upcoming Alisa's pre-ordered, and I just paid for Nana Kazuki. I want to complete the set of GEB/GE2 figures, whenever they decide to stop making them...

None of the other GE figures really struck me as must-haves. I like Alphamax's most recent Alisa (the one with the original costume) but she was still a bit pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom