• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Those prize figures are nice but I don't see the need to get them. There will be scaled figures of both of them in school uniforms in the future. Phat's duo will be enough for me for now (along with the figmas).

javac

Those prize figures are nice but I don't see the need to get them. There will be scaled figures of both of them in school uniforms in the future. Phat's duo will be enough for me for now (along with the figmas).

I guess I won't stop until my shrine is full. I think I'm going to grow my eyebrows out too...

javac

Yeah, I had to order the KLK prize figures. Those are the costumes I was hoping for instead of the lewd ones Phat is going with. Sega is moving on up in the world.

You uh....... might want to rephrase that.

Oh I know what I said ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hahahaha, I thought this was cute and thought I might buy her. Then I looked at the price. XD
HOB-FIG-7919.jpg

A/B - 25,480
B/B - 20,380

kewlmyc

Yeah, I had to order the KLK prize figures. Those are the costumes I was hoping for instead of the lewd ones Phat is going with. Sega is moving on up in the world.

How big are they? I wanted to wait for GSC, but considering their pricing nowadays, I don't really want to anymore.

How big are they? I wanted to wait for GSC, but considering their pricing nowadays, I don't really want to anymore.

According to MFC, 7.41".

Ok, that is straight up crazy. Is it that valuable of a figure or just super overpriced?

Well, once a figure is discontinued, the price can go either way depending on demand. The price will go as high as the aftermarket will allow. Some figures, like Max Factory Aoba, Max Factory Morrigan, and GSC Hatsune Miku Love is War DX ver. have gotten into the $400+ range.

Busaiku

I'm not all that interested in them, but why the heck do the Kuroko's all of such limited pre-order runs?
Like the last 2 were gone after a weekend or something.

I'm not all that interested in them, but why the heck do the Kuroko's all of such limited pre-order runs?
Like the last 2 were gone after a weekend or something.

High demand. Same with most of the One Piece Portrait of Pirates figures. Some things just sell out wicked fast.

Busaiku

Is it really just high demand and not more limited productions?
I know Kuroko's Basketball's popular among certain demographics, but other popular brands, like Attack on Titan, manage to at least get pre-orders through till release for the most part.

Is it really just high demand and not more limited productions?
I know Kuroko's Basketball's popular among certain demographics, but other popular brands, like Attack on Titan, manage to at least get pre-orders through till release for the most part.

It depends on a variety of factors. Total production run, the allotment that each retailer is set to receive, and (especially in the case of AoT figures) PRICE. If a figure is priced higher than a good portion of the fanbase is willing to pay, such as GSC Mikasa, then pre-orders will be available for while, or at least won't sell out too quickly.

cajunator

Banned
Hows everyone feeling about this Utena figure? I'll be honest, I haven't seen the show but it's been somthing I've wanted to watch for a very, very long time. You think this is worth 8k or thereabouts?

I dont think it is. Its not Utena enough. You should watch Utena. Its a classic and also one of the strangest anime you will likely see. In a good way. Its incredibly unique.

I'm still puzzling out how I feel about her. As representations go, the SEGA prize figure of Utena was more accurate. It seems like MegaHouse threw in a lot of extra bells and whistles to drive up dat price. Plus they're obviously looking to milk the series, as they have the next girl sculpted already.

For reference, here's the SEGA prize figure.

I like that one!

That Xiaomei is nice. I have her. But try to find the one where shes kneeling in a playful pose with the taiyaki in her mouth. Hnnnnng. Thats one of my favorites.

as someone about to go on a 12 hour plane ride thanks for this :/

jk lol glad you made it back safely

i should watch NGNL...eventually

NGNL is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!

aechris

I've received a $10 GC for the Crunchyroll store that I won't use; someone here is more than welcome to it (quote to reveal).

Nice! Thought it was just me :0 Probably won't get her because I'm guessing her price will drop after she comes out? Hard to predict that stuff but we'll see :)

So I don't know if anyone is aware, but Sega have some Premium Prize Figures up for pre-order for both Satsuki and Ryuko. Granted they are prize figures, but they look friggin awesome. I've been keeping my eyes on them for a while now and I've spotted them for pre-order on both BIJ and HLJ. Some pics below to entice you all :p

I think they look great and I obviously ate them up. Insert them into me now please. Thanks.

Links:
BIJ
Kill la Kill - Kiryuuin Satsuki Premium Figure
Kill la Kill - Matoi Ryuuko Premium Figure
1990Yen Each

HLJ
Kill la Kill - Matoi Ryuuko Premium Figure
Kill la Kill - Kiryuuin Satsuki Premium Figure
1710Yen Each

October release I think. What do you think? They're cheap! Go for them! :)

AAAAAHHH!

FORGIVE ME WALLET!

Danferno

Does anyone know if prize figure boxes are as large as normal PVC figure boxes (assuming same figure scale)? The reason I ask is I wonder if they can pack two ~7.5in figures into one Unregistered SAL box. I've never had much luck combining shipping since I always use Unregistered SAL.

Does anyone know if prize figure boxes are as large as normal PVC figure boxes (assuming same figure scale)? The reason I ask is I wonder if they can pack two ~7.5in figures into one Unregistered SAL box. I've never had much luck combining shipping since I always use Unregistered SAL.
Some can be the same sized boxes, most tend to be half the size and width because they tend to be packed with slight assembly required, read base seperate and figure is in half when you take it out of the box. But should be easily put in SAL delivery, unless the manufacturer was weird and made the box huge.

I ordered Phat Matoi directly from Trigger, do we know when that's shipping? I'm putting some monies on my card on the 26th, I hope they don't cancel my order before that :/

kewlmyc

Watch the movie.
Kyubey is not small. Homura is cosmic.

I have. It just looks weird in figure form.

Well look at this... Those GSC shitbags are trying to copy the brilliance of that base on Koto's new Saber.

Left: Kotobukiya / Right: GSC

Lol, GSC shitbags.

Both were announced at around the same time, but yet again, Koto's looks more like the actual character. It's Mikasa all over again.

Also I see a lot of new figure pictures popping up. Is there some sort of figure event happening this weekend?

Busaiku

Man, I hate having multiple faces.
At least with arms, it's ok, since it lines up with the clothes, but I don't like the parted hair at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom