• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
More pics.

PCEEUCc.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/goods/cfb/news/news_140507.html

Personally I think they chose the wrong artwork to begin with especially for her expression. I am disappointed.

Aw, come on. Come ON! I don't know if there's anything they can do to fix up the face. That's just a total buzzkill.

That sucks so hard. Morrigan is one of my favorite characters and I really want a figure of her.

TnK

1. Pass
2. I used to use hanging shelfs but I ended knocking them over during a black out. Too tall for my own good. I know people use Detolfs and place them in various locations. I am currently clearing space on the shelves that are part of my desk and moving the old stuff to another room. After a while there is just no more space.
3. I don't know, have not heard of those.

1- She says no way the PVC boobs can match her real boobs, so no worries there. Previous girl just roled her eyes and ignored them... Been lucky so far.

2- BESTAs from IKEA, wall to wall shelves.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114184369&postcount=1441
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114185794&postcount=1447

3- If you like them and the price is right for you, why not? (that's what I keep saying to myself, I might have a problem...)
1. My SO doesn't care and bought me one of the figures I own as a gift. I buy him the occasional Gundam so I think it's a fair trade. haha

2. I've actually run out of space where I tend to keep my figures and my project for the summer is making a proper display for them.

3. Not an expert on these figures but I recommend checking comments on myfigurecollection for those who have purchased them and going for it if the comments don't dissuade you and the price is reasonable.
1. My girlfriend calls them dolls and makes fun of me for them, but lovingly. She is into some stupid stuff so we just make fun of eachother. She saw my latest Nendoroid and almost squealed because she was so cute.

2. Only Nendos for me, so it's quite easy. Of course, I only have seven of them.

3. wat
1. GF teases me about my "doll" collection and scolds me whenever I get figs in the mail, but it's all in good fun. I have a pretty good control over my budget. She likes Momohime and my miku figmas, but is pretty ambivalent about the rest of them.

2. I'm buying a house. No, seriously.

3. I don't know.
1. They don't. My figures aren't on display. Therefore, girls I get to the house never see most of them.

2. Closet or dresser. An admittedly "bootleg" location. IKEA sells proper display mounts as have been posted previously.

3. If you like the way they look and the price is right for you, get them. Maybe check comments on MFC to ensure build quality.

Shimakaze is the best ship~
1- It is cool to see that most of your SOs are cool with your hobbies.

2- I asked because I have all of my recent stuff I bought last year till now in boxes, and I am running out of space in my room in general

3- For shame that no one here likes JoJo stuff.

Where can I get that Book btw, The KanteColle(?) one? The figma also looks good <__<

The JoJo figures I was talking about are:
Though not really sure because I don't feel that these two would be cool for display, hence not really being worth it.
I have these though:

Man, I can't believe they fucked up Morrigan's face like that. Did we ever find out what company is actually manufacturing this, or is Capcom doing it in house?

I'm honestly surprised they aren't being blind boxed here.

So much money could have been made if every figure someone pulled ended up being another Diddy Kong or something. :p

They can't do blind boxes with stuff like this. People would riot. You can only do that with useless shit like LEGO mini figs and those dumb bobblehead things funko makes.

They can't do blind boxes with stuff like this. People would riot. You can only do that with useless shit like LEGO mini figs and those dumb bobblehead things funko makes.

They did blind boxes with the Pokemon Rumble U figures.

And people just need to learn the thrills and rage of being figure collectors! Smash WiiU will be a good introduction for them.

Giolon

That Morrigan figure has a face? All I see is boobs. ;)~

That is a really unattractive facial expression.

meijiko

I finally got back from vacation, so I get to open and play with Nimue at last.

pKhAWUI.jpg

Alright, she feels pretty cheap. The sculpt quality really leaves something to be desired, especially on her zipper parts. Her paint is only okay, with a few sloppy places on her dress, but nothing I'm going to cry over. The colors are nice, and I love that she's permanently attached to her stand with a metal bar. Very little assembly required.

I can't get over how cute she is, though. I love her hat, her vacuum thing, her feet, her eyes--I just wish it was better. No regrets, but I'll be thinking really hard the next time I consider buying something from Squenix.

She got a pancake butt too

The bigger tragedy, imo. Also the thighs aren't enough for me.

RMI

Banned
Morrigan and Felicia from Darkstalkers seem like they would be a perfect fit for Bishoujo figs from Koto... wonder why this hasn't happened yet.

I cannot look at this fig without thinking of that creepy Amiami review. It's cute, though.

Ryuuroden

How dare you insult LEGO! LEGO is the brick equivalent of max factory and alter.

Repent or may the gods strike thee down

TnK

Morrigan and Felicia from Darkstalkers seem like they would be a perfect fit for Bishoujo figs from Koto... wonder why this hasn't happened yet.

I cannot look at this fig without thinking of that creepy Amiami review. It's cute, though.

Which creepy review? Also, there are Morrigan and Lilith figures in the same style of bishojou, but were released a very long time ago. They used Shunya's art style.

RMI

Banned
Not figure news per se, but Hatsune Miku Expo is coming to LA and NYC in October. Tickets going on sale tomorrow at 10AM PDT.

I'm going to try and go to one of the LA concerts while out visiting family.

TnK

This creepy review. It made me feel a little dirty for preordering her, but I couldn't say no to her design.

The hell did I just read??!

Also, do most of you guys collect girl figures? My collection is probably half guys, half mechas, and maybe 2-3 girls figures. My favorite figure is probably miku VN02 due to the crazy amount of detail.

The amount of detail put into it is insane. Then again, that's the main reason I buy these stuff. I really appreciate the workmanship and detail that goes into this stuff. If not, I wouldn't have gotten them, lol.

EDIT: Are there petit nendoroid figures of Miku? I seem to like the even smaller size more than the normal nendoroid.

3- For shame that no one here likes JoJo stuff.

I like JoJo stuff. The statue legend figures are just too small for my liking. If they were 1/7 or something, I would indulge.

How dare you insult LEGO! LEGO is the brick equivalent of max factory and alter.

Repent or may the gods strike thee down

Ha ha, I knew that would get you riled. ;)

Because Darkstalkers is a mostly dead franchise, unfortunately.

The hell did I just read??!

The average AmiAmi "review". Comedy gold, most of the time.

TnK

I like JoJo stuff. The statue legend figures are just too small for my liking. If they were 1/7 or something, I would indulge.

The average AmiAmi "review". Comedy gold, most of the time.
The statues I saw that were being sold were the typical average size. How big do you want them to be?
Also, I want to read more of these horrible, horrible reviews lol.

Snow Miku 2014! Randomly stumbled across her (someone reselling from last week's Comic Con in London, UK), she is great :)

ibtTXRIqamDUeC.jpg

ieAiwoRLk0HA9.jpg

iFGwUIzQwMyku.jpg

iXrC9t06vFz3U.jpg

iwQS6WIotZRro.jpg

itORDEGL5aoE9.jpg

ib1dTaDNlgkyhR.jpg

Where can I get this? This is probably the best nendoroid miku I have ever seen...

Also, WHY AREN'T THERE MECHA FIGURE DISCUSSIONS HERE? Last one I got was Mazinkaiser, and that was dope.
BANDAI_SUPER_ROBOT_CHOGOKIN_MAZINKAISER_02.jpg

The statues I saw that were being sold were the typical average size. How big do you want them to be?

AmiAmi lists the JoJo statue legend figures at around 16cm or so. That's only about 6". They would need to be at least 8" for me to start buying them.

TnK

AmiAmi lists the JoJo statue legend figures at around 16cm or so. That's only about 6". They would need to be at least 8" for me to start buying them.
They look good IRL from what I saw. Your choice though.
Got female figures here. Might get a few male ones too sometime though.

And there's quite a few petit nendoroid Mikus:
http://myfigurecollection.net/searc...character_id=1590&type_strict=1&type_id=23360

Thanks.

Hey guys, is it possible to track this Joseph Joestar down? It is a billion time better than the one I posted before:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/189504#tab/user/date/1/1

Problem is, it is a special item that was sold at an event.
*sigh* Just picked this up for 15k.
Old reply, but that's actually a good price. I bought this for my sister I think 4 years ago for the same price.

bigkrev

I'm just posting to get this out of my system and resolve to never buy anymore figures or anything, but ever since Funko announced they were making Planeswalker figures from Magic The Gathering, I knew I would have to own the Jace, and it finally arrived in the mail today

Bp9ljyOCcAAATEp.jpg

Hopefully, this is the last time I will ever post here
till august when the full sized figures come out and I buy all of them :/

I'm just posting to get this out of my system and resolve to never buy anymore figures or anything,

Are you sure? We could show you to some really nifty websites that sell all kinds of goodies? hehe

I'm just posting to get this out of my system and resolve to never buy anymore figures or anything, but ever since Funko announced they were making Planeswalker figures from Magic The Gathering, I knew I would have to own the Jace, and it finally arrived in the mail today

gosh, you caved already?

Welcome!

Bombless

*rubs hands* Good, good, another one.

More pics.

PCEEUCc.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/goods/cfb/news/news_140507.html

Personally I think they chose the wrong artwork to begin with especially for her expression. I am disappointed.

I'm so disappointed. When I heard they were making a figure for her I had such high hopes but seeing this.....damn.

Her facial expression is just awful. :(

She's adorable !

I'm so disappointed. When I heard they were making a figure for her I had such high hopes but seeing this.....damn.

I know, right? I was looking forward to finally getting an awesome Morrigan figure.

Come on, Max Factory! Morrigan re-release!

Morr-i-gan re-re-lease! Morr-i-gan re-re-lease! Morr-i-gan re-re-lease! Morr-i-gan re-re-lease!

Where can I get this? This is probably the best nendoroid miku I have ever seen...

She was being sold at the GoodSmile stall at London (UK) Comic Con last month, but goes on general release next month. She is one of the most elaborate nendos I own, and worth every penny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom