• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't strictly figure-related... But does anyone know why Play-Asia now has a notation on their soundtrack listings that says "Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned."

Does anyone know what this is about? Last time I ordered a soundtrack from them, they made no such mention of anything like this. Did they go the AmiAmi route?

Is it a limited edition soundtrack?

Bombless

This isn't strictly figure-related... But does anyone know why Play-Asia now has a notation on their soundtrack listings that says "Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned."

Does anyone know what this is about? Last time I ordered a soundtrack from them, they made no such mention of anything like this. Did they go the AmiAmi route?

Because some scumbags bought them, ripped them then returned them?

I'd buy a bayo figure :3
You could have bought the Phat company Bayonetta. But I'm holding out for the gigantic one from Arcadia.

Is it a limited edition soundtrack?

Nope. As far as I can see, all CD listings carry that notation now. Games and other stuff, don't.

Because some scumbags bought them, ripped them then returned them?

ooooh, okay. That makes sense....sorta. But to not allow cancellations even before an order ships? Whaaaaaaaa?

I ordered the Persona Q soundtrack (which I was going to buy anyhow) from them just to check, and it seems they no longer allow cancellations of CDs.

I don't know a thing about God Eater, but that is tempting as fuck.

It is, but I like her new costume better. Though I don't find the new PLUM figure too appealing for the asking price. I love the pose, though. Hopefully she'll show up pre-owned soon.

omlet

My amiami order from last week arrived yesterday, picked up from post office today.

sabisu~ sabisu~

This mini Ika is too cute.

tahAaNm.jpg

Ooadgc7.jpg

The Alice is, as many probably know, an older figure. This one was listed as A/B preowned and looked like it was never opened.

However, it does have a couple minor cosmetic flaws... one that doesn't bother me much (slight darkening of skin on her butt that is only obvious in brighter white light) and one that bothers me a bit more (a scuff on her back that didn't rub off like some smudges easily do). See (crappy cameraphone) pic:
Neither of these will be visible while she's in the displace case, so it's not a huge deal. She looks great from the front (displaying her with clothes on, ofc).

TnK

Thanks.
Nice, I got Mazinger Z a few weeks ago, been thinking about getting Mazinkaiser.
Mazinkaiser one is a lot better than the Mazinger Z one. IMO of course.

So from all of your answers, mostly girls figures. Got it, lol.
Seems like I made you all feel bad for mostly buying girl figures, ololol.
Will they ever release blue Olivia, cause it looks the best.
Also, this Joseph Joestar figure, yay or nay?
101e3ea635c06ca081f175e066a5e823512449ab.jpg

TnK

The version above...is not so great.

That Joseph Joestar looks great (the original).

Guess what I had in mind is true. Will probably wait for the other color variant to come out (if ever), then decide if I will go for it or not. The second one I posted has unnatural colored lips, looks odd =|
Seems like the figure was a draw prize, that you need to win to simply buy the figure. They only sell it via yahoo auctions now.

darklin0

Banned
Only Tales dude I almost bought was Jude. If I was into figures when Yuri came out, I would have been all over that.

Lewd Sheryl is lewd. Even though this is the variant, I always consider buying her whenever she pops up on AmiAmi pre-owned. I don't know why, as I know fuck-all about Macross.
I am pretty sure we all have a couple of figures we want for almost no reason and from series we are not familiar with.

omlet

I am pretty sure we all have a couple of figures we want for almost no reason and from series we are not familiar with.

About half my collection are figures are from games/anime/whatever that I have never played/seen (and probably never will).

(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Excellent Model LIMITED Queen's Blade EX Bandit of the Wilderness "Risty" -Limited Fukkoku Edition- 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
44%OFF 4,780 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-003321-R004

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Were you on Figure GAF before I came on the thread? If you were... I'm not sorry I got the Alter Yuri for 8,480 JPY when it appeared at Amiami's preowned section last January (2013) =P

Hmmmm. I dunno. I showed up a little bit after that, I think.

cajunator

Banned
My amiami order from last week arrived yesterday, picked up from post office today.

sabisu~ sabisu~

This mini Ika is too cute.

The Alice is, as many probably know, an older figure. This one was listed as A/B preowned and looked like it was never opened.

However, it does have a couple minor cosmetic flaws... one that doesn't bother me much (slight darkening of skin on her butt that is only obvious in brighter white light) and one that bothers me a bit more (a scuff on her back that didn't rub off like some smudges easily do). See (crappy cameraphone) pic:

Neither of these will be visible while she's in the displace case, so it's not a huge deal. She looks great from the front (displaying her with clothes on, ofc).

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

If you like Squid Girl, you should see if you can track down Kotobukiya's Squid Girl. I got her from AmiAmi for about 3.5k, and I love her to bits.

I have this figure. Great quality. Buy it!

My collection is 98% ladies. I just have a few Persona guys.

I'm not against guy figures, but girl figures are just better most of the time, and there's lots more of them, so there's more standout figures.

Yeah I just think female characters have more interesting outfits, designs, poses, are cuter, a lot of things that make them a better display.

omlet

If you like Squid Girl, you should see if you can track down Kotobukiya's Squid Girl. I got her from AmiAmi for about 3.5k, and I love her to bits.

I like the show but her design is rather plain for a scale, plus I really don't like bases like that. Mini Ika is on an ascended tier of cute, though (as evidenced by cajun's expected reaction), and I couldn't pass it up for 450 yen or whatever it was.

chrono01

Oh hey, you know that twin-tailed version of Olivia posted a page or so back? Well, apparently she'll be an exclusive, as well as limited, so don't get your hopes up [unless you don't mind spending the $$$]. Personally, I'm happy with the current Olivia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom