• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

I still like the original Olivia better. Only the blue version would catch my interest really. I'd get that and pass the one I already own to mom. I'm sure there wouldn't be any objections on her part.

Luigi, that custom job looks great. Your next custom will look even better :D

Also, I went for that Princess Bitch unopened. It's a figure worthy of going over my "no new orders this month" rule.

Man, I'm so impressed with the Lineage figures.
Showing off Kamael's best asset! /thumbsup

Mine is still in customs, it's been 6 days. I'm giving up on EMS, it's really not worth it anymore. No matter the price, Customs always keeps mine forever (since I started using monthly orders).

Far from perfect, and rough around the edges... But this was a fun little project. A good learning experience for if I ever decide to do another custom. Learned what I should do, what I definitely shouldn't, etc. I'm pleased enough with the result. Again, she was made from a 6" DC Unlimited Wonder Woman action figure.

Cool stuff.

RMI

Banned
got my Miho Nishizumi figma and GSC 1/8 Madoka in the mail yesterday, but they're just going to have to live in their boxes (along with all of my other scale figs) until we're done with all this moving.

I_Kyubey1400673707.jpeg

is how I feel about keeping figures in boxes.

TnK

You did a really good job with what you had to work with. Can't wait for your other works if you had better base to play around with.

I like pony tails and the red color, but for some reason the original still looks better for me:

Original looks much better, that is correct. Some part of me regrets not ordering this figure due to the crazy craftmanship going on. The amount of detail is staggering.

Is it still possible to get one? lol.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Original looks much better, that is correct. Some part of me regrets not ordering this figure due to the crazy craftmanship going on. The amount of detail is staggering.

I think amazon had it on back order for 140. I asked the customer service but they don't know when they will get restock.

She still turns up now and again on AmiAmi pre-owned if you're willing to pay around list price (13,900 JPY) for her.

Arveene

Neo Member
My pic doesn't give a good sense of scale, but it's A4-sized and very thick. The main bulk is profiles for all ship daughter fleets, in full colour. A section is given over to general art, and there are some interviews with the voice actors from the game. I would have preferred a smaller edition with more general artwork, but it wasn't too expensive and is very good quality.

You sold me on this. Just ordered the book off Hobby Search yesterday.

Goddamn that Olivia... I really shouldn't get another one. I really, really shouldn't. But the twin tails and the red and the hnnnnnng.

Oh, exclusive?
Nevermind, then. I don't love her that much.

If they make a blue though...

If enough people buy red, I'm sure they'll make the blue one! Gogogo! If she didn't take up so much space I'd consider it, but I'm already downsizing due to space issues.

Luigi87

Thanks all. Definitely want to do another project like this, though with less mistakes (IE: actually thinning paint properly).

Good work Luigi! What materials did you use to make it?

6" DC Unlimited Wonder Woman as the base. Aves Apoxie Sculpt for her additional armor + weapon. A mix of Tamiya acrylic paints, and Testors Model Masters acrylics. Also her hands were an unused pair from my KOS-MOS figma.

On another note: ... Continued wishful desire for twin-tails Olivia...
But more desire for the blue version to be made into a 3D reality...

omlet

I've considered getting that Totori before (mainly because it has Chim)... how is the quality up close on that one? The base is pretty boring compared to the other Totori figure but I like the expression/costume better on this one, plus major bonus points for Chim.

arhra

Got my Riela Nendoroid today from Mandarake. Unfortunatly the spike center of her shield is missing. Anyone know what to do now?

I've had pretty good experience with Mandarake's customer service the one time I've had to contact them for anything (unopened figma Drossel arrived with her twintail joints snapped off in the box; after bouncing a few emails back and forth and verifying that it wasn't mangled in shipping, they shipped me an entire replacement figure).

You might well end up dealing with someone who doesn't speak english fluently though, depending on which store you got it from, so bear that in mind (their main overseas customer service contact is great, but you have to deal with the individual stores eventually, and unless you bought it from one of the big Tokyo stores, they're most likely not great at english).

If that doesn't pan out, GSC themselves have pretty fantastic customer service, although getting replacement parts for older figures can be a bit of a lottery (obviously, if they don't have them still available, there's not much they can do for you).

WolfStark

Thanks, great to get a little insight and to know that you had good experience with them, I will contact them then and hope one is able to get me just a replacement for the shield.^^

Strike Witches 2 - Francesca Lucchini 1/8 Complete Figure(Preorder)
Unit price 8,580 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 8,580 JPY

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - Dark Magician Girl 1/7 Complete Figure (Release)
Unit price 6,480 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 6,480 JPY

Subtotal: 15,060 JPY
Shipping: 4,840 JPY
Grand total: 19,900 JPY

I don't know why I exepcted shipping to be around 3.8k lol

10k Sasaki
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
semi nsfw. Bare chest angel thats all. Nothing lewd

Boom. I was looking at her earlier today wondering when she'll be up. I wonder if Ryuko is still planned for this month.

Just saw at the end of the article with all the pictures that it should be.

Will be released this month, "Come Matoi-ryuko God clothes fresh blood ver. I hope ◎ if you can decorate to suit with all means, "

When you click the link it has it takes you to the page for Ryuko

I'm just messing around but seriously I've spent waaayyy too much, in a perfect world she'd come out next year lol. Fuck this shit man...

Ya I agree. Well maybe not on the delay lol I want that figure. In general though I need to step back from AmiAmi for a while. To to much lol. Gonna really start trying to limit my purchases to shows I really love instead of "hey that looks cute/awesome lemme buy it!"

kewlmyc

They lack of confirmation on Phat's Kyoko (and their Ryuko for the people who want it), is starting to worry me. Mid-month and still no confirmation if it's been delayed or coming this month. Usually if it was coming this month, they would have posted it in their weekly release update by now.

Damn...

As I mentioned in the last page they claim it is still coming when those posted those Satsuki pics. I am really hoping this is the case but a delay wouldn't kill me.

kewlmyc

As I mentioned in the last page they claim it is still coming when those posted those Satsuki pics. I am really hoping this is the case but a delay wouldn't kill me.

That still doesn't reference Kyoko. ;_;

I honestly don't really care about the Ryuko figure, it's just I know a lot of people here have her preordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom