• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'm really not liking what they're using to prop her up. Seems jarring and takes away from the entire scupt. Hopefully it's temp, but I doubt it. I guess not everyone can be GSC and prop up a figure with a small golden peg.

Also, anyone who had someting delayed within the last few days, have you received your AmiAmi notification yet and did they automatically change your order yet?

yeah Kyoko :(

Giolon

God that base is terrible. It's huge! I wonder if it ended up being necessary for balance.

And that material change on the peg stand....hideous.

george_us

I think I'm starting to understand why it was delayed a month. They had it suspended in air another way, but it started to bend. Just speculation.
God that base is terrible. It's huge! I wonder if it ended up being necessary for balance.

Couldn't they just wrap the base in leaves or make it some kind of stone or tree stump? Anything else would be better than a cream white plastic cone that literally clashes with everything else.

Bombless

The size is because of her balance. Remember that she used to be displayed with a second support on her knee. It was ugly as sin so I guess that's why they went with this other type. But the white blob thing...#WHY

Giolon

The size is because of her balance. Remember that she used to be displayed with a second support on her knee. It was ugly as sin so I guess that's why they went with this other type. But the white blob thing...#WHY

I'd rather they have kept the knee support since it'd make the footprint overall smaller. It makes it easier to pack figures closer together on shelves when there aren't bases artificially using up more space.

chrono01

Don't worry about your order disappearing, AmiAmi does this sometimes when they need to move an item or two around.

It should be updated shortly. You'll likely receive an email telling you that the items that have been delayed.

I'm really not liking what they're using to prop her up. Seems jarring and takes away from the entire scupt. Hopefully it's temp, but I doubt it. I guess not everyone can be GSC and prop up a figure with a small golden peg.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU That's going to be a leaner unless they have a clear support under her knee.

Also, anyone who had someting delayed within the last few days, have you received your AmiAmi notification yet and did they automatically change your order yet?

They emailed me the other day about the delay. Then they completely buttfucked my entire order into August.

meijiko

I have to say, this figure captures Shinji pretty perfectly.

XfP2LJ8.jpg

What other figures do you have where you can stare at ass and face at the same time?

Seriously, they're both looking right at me.

The closest was Kotobukiya's second Black Widow bishoujo, but this looks even worse. If you just look at the top half, you'd expect her to be facing you. But then you look down and it looks like she's got a bad case of front-butt.

Also forgot to post this earlier... Kotobukiya has revealed their Rikka Takanashi (Dark Lord Shingan) from Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.

Koto has been fuckin' killing it with their base designs.

kewlmyc

Also forgot to post this earlier... Kotobukiya has revealed their Rikka Takanashi (Dark Lord Shingan) from Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.

Kotobukiya has been killing it lately (excluding their questionable bishoujo line). Not only are they great figures, but they're not overly expensive and release on time. They're probably my favorite company nowadays.

fave company is still alter and GSC.

Kotobukiya is still B tier. Olivia being glued to the base with no metal peg/screw is such a dumb decision.

kewlmyc

Kotobukiya is still B tier. Olivia being glued to the base with no metal peg/screw is such a dumb decision.

Both are great, but GSC keeps raising prices while Alter keeps delaying everything and not releasing Labrys, which is a crime since it's been done for months now.

Both are great, but GSC keeps raising prices while Alter keeps delaying everything and not releasing Labrys, which is a crime since it's been done for months now.

prototype is done. Not mass production, also we don't know if its alter holding it back or Atlus for marketing reasons. Obviously issues can arrive with the mass production one that cause delay, which is fine.

Same thing went for Bayonetta, and thank god phat company delayed that. There were so many things that could of went wrong with that.

Kotobukiya is great for solid figures at a great price, but their quality isn't even close to alter or GSC as a whole yet.

george_us

I have yet to own an Alter figure. That'll change if I can find Momohime and Kongiku for decent prices though.

Max Factory currently reigns supreme for me.

meijiko

Glad to see that someone else is finally making another decent Rikka. I seriously thought that anime would spawn more figures by now.

Not interested unless they make a napping Kumin, though.

The closest was Kotobukiya's second Black Widow bishoujo, but this looks even worse. If you just look at the top half, you'd expect her to be facing you. But then you look down and it looks like she's got a bad case of front-butt.

Omg...must buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom