• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

I still haven't heard back from them after confirming my preferred shipping method and in the email they sent me before that the deadline was 7th of July, written in BOLD BIGGER FONT LETTERS.

I'm starting to think they oversold and will just let lots of orders pass the arbitrary set deadline.

well she is sold out on the order page. I wonder if they will cancel all those people who haven't payed yet like you said.

Femto.

Figure GAF, I need your help.

I'm fairly new at collecting and I've been wanting to get this Mai Shiranui figure for quite some time now:

03.jpg

I've had it wish listed on Amazon for the longest time, but I've recently discovered that this figure has been heavily counterfeited.

I did come across a used one on ebay that looks to be in good condition, product page

All I know is the authentic copies have the golden Capcom sticker on the packaging, which this dude shows. However, I'd like to know if this is actually legit.

Or

Would I be safer buying from this site? Plamoya
I've read that this site sells legit figures, but I'd like your guys' input.

johnsmith

remember me
Figure GAF, I need your help.

I'm fairly new at collecting and I've been wanting to get this Mai Shiranui figure for quite some time now:

I've had it wish listed on Amazon for the longest time, but I've recently discovered that this figure has been heavily counterfeited.

I did come across a used one on ebay that looks to be in good condition, product page

All I know is the authentic copies have the golden Capcom sticker on the packaging, which this dude shows. However, I'd like to know if this is actually legit.

Or

Don't buy from ebay. It will be overpriced, and there's the possibility of a bootleg. Plamoya will be legit but also overpriced. Your best bet is to wait for one to pop up on mandarake or amiami preowned. She shows up fairly frequently. You should be able to get her for around $100.

Giolon

Well shit guys, I just discovered when I got home today that all my photos were taken in JPG instead of RAW. No idea how the mode got switched on my camera, but now I'm super bummed. No post-work improvements in store for my photos, so what you see from before is what you got. Sorry, I failed!

Femto.

Don't buy from ebay. It will be overpriced, and there's the possibility of a bootleg. Plamoya will be legit but also overpriced. Your best bet is to wait for one to pop up on mandarake or amiami preowned. She shows up fairly frequently. You should be able to get her for around $100.
I only had interest in the eBay one because the seller actually has photos. Does Amiami sell pre-owned sealed, pre-owned opened, or both? Sorry I'm at work.

I've also never heard of Mandarake, what are they like?

Luigi87

So less than two weeks until I go on my Japan trip.
I've never dealt with Mandarake (in terms of buying online), but when a figure says a city next to it, that's that specific shop that has that figure right? IE: Shibuya
And do they still sell the figures they've listed online available to people who go in person?
I ask because it seems they have a certain Saber figure I've long sought...

chrono01

I've never dealt with Mandarake (in terms of buying online), but when a figure says a city next to it, that's that specific shop that has that figure right? IE: Shibuya
And do they still sell the figures they've listed online available to people who go in person?
Yes, in-store stock is shared with the online listings. In fact, it's possible to purchase an item through their online store and later have it cancelled on you due to them selling it first through their in-store locations.

Luigi87

Yes, in-store stock is shared with the online listings. In fact, it's possible to purchase an item through their online store and later have it cancelled on you due to them selling it first through their in-store locations.

Ah, good to know, thanks!
I guess I'll definitely stop by the Shibuya location during my visit then.

Giolon

Yes, they do. The figures online are often out on the shelves in the store (which is why sometimes you can try to buy something and they'll say, "sorry it's sold out!"

The Mandarakes are all kind of disorganized. There are sections for figures, and all the figures will be there in one area more or less, but there's generally not a lot of rhyme or reason to how they're laid out, especially at the two in Osaka. The one in Akihabara seems to be the most organized, and the one in Shibuya is somewhere in the middle. Some of them specialize in particular material. Also, god help you if you go to the Mandarake in Nakano Broadway. It's spread out into different shops all over a 3-story mall. Ask an employee for an English map.

pooptest

Plamoya is very legit. I've ordered a few things off them and ne'er a problem.

Actually, I just ordered the God Eater "B" keyboard since it was on sale. Little did I know, it's the same price on Amazon right now. Albeit, I don't recall whom is selling it on Amazon and I trust Plamoya well enough so no big deal.

johnsmith

remember me
I only had interest in the eBay one because the seller actually has photos. Does Amiami sell pre-owned sealed, pre-owned opened, or both? Sorry I'm at work.

I've also never heard of Mandarake, what are they like?

Amiami does both. Unopened are A, opened are B condition.

Some on mandarake, there's some descriptions of it in the posts right above this.
Here's a couple they have in stock. The one that says doesn't ship by sal means it's ems only, so shipping will be a bit more expensive, like $30, but you'll get it in less than week instead of 2+ weeks.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1390027.html
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-230100.html

Tomopop had a write-up of a GSC conference at AX. I thought this was interesting:
Other announcements included that Good Smile Company will soon be releasing their own headphones. They are also currently making two figures from the anime series, Little Witch Academia.

Giolon

Tomopop had a write-up of a GSC conference at AX. I thought this was interesting:

Yep, isn't that exciting? They had previously said they'd consider LWA figures if the kickstarter did well enough. I was at the GSC panel. I expected it to be a small crowd, but no, in the 2nd largest room available, it was nearly filled to capacity. My poor estimate for the room size is about 300-500 people.

Yep, isn't that exciting? They had previously said they'd consider LWA figures if the kickstarter did well enough. I was at the GSC panel. I expected it to be a small crowd, but no, in the 2nd largest room available, it was nearly filled to capacity. My poor estimate for the room size is about 300-500 people.

Did they say anything new about the impending Aoba reissue?

Giolon

Did they say anything new about the impending Aoba reissue?

Just that it's still coming and that its re-issue is pretty much directly resulting to the fact that when Mamitan made a Facebook post asking people what they wanted re-issued and ~100 people demanding Aoba had sent messages in less than 45 minutes and that they generally need about 3000 people expressing interest to be worth re-issuing a figure.

Also, I just found a promotion document for the LACC, and it says the panel room they were in can hold 1100 people in the configuration they had set up! So yeah... ~1000 people came to see the GSC panel.

Femto.

Plamoya is very legit. I've ordered a few things off them and ne'er a problem.

Actually, I just ordered the God Eater "B" keyboard since it was on sale. Little did I know, it's the same price on Amazon right now. Albeit, I don't recall whom is selling it on Amazon and I trust Plamoya well enough so no big deal.

Amiami does both. Unopened are A, opened are B condition.

Some on mandarake, there's some descriptions of it in the posts right above this.
Here's a couple they have in stock. The one that says doesn't ship by sal means it's ems only, so shipping will be a bit more expensive, like $30, but you'll get it in less than week instead of 2+ weeks.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1390027.html
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-230100.html

Thanks guys.

I ordered the orange one from Mandarake, hoping all goes well and that the item itself is in a fair condition and arrives safely.

Just that it's still coming and that its re-issue is pretty much directly resulting to the fact that when Mamitan made a Facebook post asking people what they wanted re-issued and ~100 people demanding Aoba had sent messages in less than 45 minutes and that they generally need about 3000 people expressing interest to be worth re-issuing a figure.

I imagine they would have reissued Aoba anyway once Ren gets close to release. As Alter did the same thing with Momohime shortly before Kongiku came out.

GSC didn't happen to say anything about a Kino reissue, did they? I believe she also ranked very highly on the poll, but the licensing situation may be murky on that one.

i was at GSC panel also. pretty good stuff, but i now have an intensified hatred for the game rock paper scissors lol
thats how they handled the end of panel give aways

Settin

Thanks guys.

I ordered the orange one from Mandarake, hoping all goes well and that the item itself is in a fair condition and arrives safely.
Don't worry about it. Mandarake is quality. I've gotten 3 figures in minimal time as described.

i was at GSC panel also. pretty good stuff, but i now have an intensified hatred for the game rock paper scissors lol
thats how they handled the end of panel give aways

don't be upset yet. I was 2nd place last year and lost only because the other guy cheated and I was too stupid to think about it.

I "battled" the guy on stage, and was talking mad shit in a friendly competitive way. I was an idiot and chose rock. He chose rock but he definitely delayed his hand to see what I did first.

The rule of RPS. Never choose scissor first. Odds are always against you.

So I'm back from AX. I got 2 maiko madoka figure. Missed on cheerful miku.

Sending one madoka to my friend in hawaii. I could of bought like 3 and got them all rofl. I missed the autograph signing for the creator of madoka.

Bombless

Animejungle update :
Hello,

No problem at all. We shall send you an invoice via PayPal in a timely manner for the shipping rate.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

thank you,

Erick Chavez
Jungle Special Collectors Shop
Anime Jungle

That was 13 hours ago. Still waiting for the Paypal invoice.

A little question for all you AmiAmi "used toys" buyers :)
Is it safe to buy a B item, I usually only get A items with B or C boxes (since I throw those away) but now something I want is only a B. I known I'm never not touching a C item, ever since I saw the description for a Super Sonico figure saying "stains on the belly region".. ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom