• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
dog_cupcake_tease.gif

Some people on the Internet really like their Beach Queens

No worries I would never do that to any figure of mine.

Dice//

Banned
First4Figures. They make ugly overpriced figurines. And I don't like them because Nintendo keeps going with them.

I LOVE their ideas. But you're right, they're otherwise really plastic-y looking, very hit-or-miss quality, and seem to have one of the worst problems you can for figures: It doesn't look very 1:1 with the source material.

Like the Midna/Wolf Link is brilliant and there's a serious lack of Midna in buyable Zelda items/accessories. But her face is completely off. Same with Link and the Sky Bird; great idea, but Link looks like he just slaughtered a group of people. And it's all yours for about $300.

Those cheap[er] little figma figures/nendos caught Link better.

Ultimadrago

This MFC user is selling a lot of their wares (Largely nendo/figma, but with some scaled too). Seems legit, etc.

Supposedly including a new SIF Velvet for $100. I don't know if that's her usual aftermarket price post-rerelease though. In other news, I had no idea she was cast-off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Looking through that list quickly the only one I'd probably be interested in is the Alter Yui.

Yes, I did see the Xenoglossia Haruka on the last page before you ask.

This MFC user is selling a lot of their wares (Largely nendo/figma, but with some scaled too). Seems legit, etc.

Supposedly including a new SIF Velvet for $100. I don't know if that's her usual aftermarket price post-rerelease though. In other news, I had no idea she was cast-off.

Nothing I see that interests me (and that I'm willing to drop money on). Only looked through it once and not looking through it again (and looks like the first page crashed so works for me)

Finished Dangan Ronpa 2 yesterday and now I have no choice but to buy a Chiaki figure. Life is tough. Getting the obvious Phat Company one unless anyone tells me it's a bad idea.

It looks great, just don't expect it this year.

A June 2015 release confirmation for Lucina is nice.

Tempting.

Ok, I'm trying to get down into figure model kit hobby by buying this tank from Valkyria Chronicles.

169626.jpg

Anyone know how long usually it takes to paint all the parts for 1/35 size model?

omlet

Nah. I've actually never played Vesperia so I'll probably pass and let someone who's a fan get it.

Yuri's pretty cool. I missed that figure completely, nuts how it doubled in price, but it is what it is. I sent the guy an email. Maybe too late but worth a try.

Giolon

Ok, I'm trying to get down into figure model kit hobby by buying this tank from Valkyria Chronicles.

169626.jpg

Anyone know how long usually it takes to paint all the parts for 1/35 size model?

Given the patterns on there that you're going to have to tape off? That thing is going to be dozens of hours to get it all accurate looking. I've considered picking it up myself, but I've mentally debated if I'll realistically put in all the time.

It would be super cool to have, and there are all sorts of add-ons for metal parts, the armored barrel, and a glowing ragnite radiator kit and stuff. It costs about $200 to buy all the tricked out parts.

kewlmyc

Yuri's the only good Tales protag. There are a few not-bad ones, but he's actually good.

I can agree with this, at least with the 3D Tales. Xillia 2's protag is pretty cool too, but he's mute so whatever.

Asbel and Emil are the low points for 3D Tales though. Sorry DtL.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Guess I scrolled too fast...as I just looked at Alter's upcoming Mu-12 figure. That base is beyond badass! Most definitely an insta-preorder...however much it might cost be damned.

Glad I didn't buy any of her previous figures. Wish BlazBlue got more attention in terms of figures. So far I only have a full set of Nendo Puchis and a D-Arts Noel.

kewlmyc

My Frau finally came in, and I decided to not display her with her "base" (just a clear plastic circle to place her bench on) and pocky decorations since all those individual pocky boxes look easy to lose and the base is pretty big.

She's cute and all, but I honestly forgot why I bought her. I watched the show and she was the best thing about it, but that's not saying much since the show was pretty mediocre. Oh well, just need to stop with the impulse buys.

Not my picture, but here's the figure I'm talking about.

omlet

She's cute and all, but I honestly forgot why I bought her. I watched the show and she was the best thing about it, but that's not saying much since the show was pretty mediocre. Oh well, just need to stop with the impulse buys.

I actually bought that one from amazonjp also this week because it was pretty cheap and pretty cute. Should be here tomorrow. Wasn't like a must-get figure for me but it is pretty unique with its props so I felt like I could spring $60 (shipped) for it while it was on sale.

Haven't seen the show and don't plan to :p

I also need to slow down on "this isn't a must-have" buys. I don't really impulse-buy much of anything in terms of see it -> buy it since I usually wait a few days to see if the curiosity wears off but that doesn't always stop me from buying things that I could probably go to sleep at night without having.

Right!? I like her, but she just looks very bland and lazy sitting on the shelf next to some of these exciting, colorful waifus in action poses.

omlet

It definitely is one of the more sedate figures out there and I definitely wouldn't have paid more than I did for Frau when there are more exciting, colorful waifus in action poses out there waiting to be purchased, but I have a couple other sitting figures though so she'll have some company.

Anony

FIGURE-004938.jpg

and
FIGURE-004888.jpg

release dates have been push back, again

at this point, i really wish i could cancel one of them from amiami :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom