• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I have told you before Kewl...no leaving!

tumblr_ms03i0cC8O1s1ny8xo1_500.gif
I swear you have a K-ON gif for everything. It's borderline Simpsons tier at this point.

I still think emo girls were / are a myth, never found one in the flesh here.

Saying this because of that Hot Topic comment.

I used to be big in the Hard Core music scene. Trust me they exist and you are probably a better man for never finding one. I think that whole scene style died out super hard though.

You didn't grow up in the right area apparently.

Yeah, everyone was... kinda normal and boring here.

we were pretty loaded on them in my high school

We had 3 groups
Emo
Goth
Scene (I never knew what this actually meant exactly)

Marie fits in the the Scene group

Hm, I'm completely out of this kind of stuff, to be honest.

I used to be big in the Hard Core music scene. Trust me they exist and you are probably a better man for never finding one. I think that whole scene style died out super hard though.

The most outlandish thing that I ever found were otakus. What a boring life, sigh.

I had a black denim trenchcoat, jnco jeans, ball bearing necklace, and those red and black gummy bracelets. I was fucking hard core in high school!

I enjoy laughing at those years of my life

EDIT: My username comes from a line in this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onivr1EWlPg

I still dress the same. Classic vans, jeans and a tshirt or western style snap shirt. I still listen to the same music I used to but stopped going to shows because it became more about people looking to fight instead of being a community.

Einbroch

Banned
I've evolved from a clean-shaven, Abercrombie wearing teen to full-on lumberjack. Flannel, beard, washed out jeans, boots, the works.

I still dress the same. Classic vans, jeans and a tshirt or western style snap shirt. I still listen to the same music I used to but stopped going to shows because it became more about people looking to fight instead of being a community.
music hasnt changed for me, I still listen to metal, and I still goto shows, but my clothes are generally just khakis and a tshirt. I stopped wearing skate shoes and wear reebok zigtechs cuz they are super comfortable

My music style matured a bit, and I must say that I'm more tolerant of other styles than before. In the clothing department, I'm using basic work clothes, just without the tie.

Acid08

Banned
In high school I was way into the Bay Area punk scene. Not crust punk stuff, didn't have a mohawk or two tone hair. More just black jeans, white Chucks, black sweatshirt, and a jean vest type of thing. Shirt colors were super varied, never had a problem wearing pink, yellow, or purple stuff. Prefer it usually.

on the topic of Marie and Yukari, look what I did to this Yukari
qd4FT4N.gif

That Yukari is such a scrub. Just spamming normals.

Thank you for a new combo.
the combo is actually a bitch, because its very character dependant. against
Marie, Yu, akihiko, kanji, and Mitsuru
j.C > 5AA > 5C > 5BB > jc > j.C > 5AA > 5C > 5B > 2AB > 236A > 236236C~A

for yukari, yukiko, margeret I think, junpei, ken, chie
j.C > 5AA > 2B > 5BB > jc > j.C > 5AA > 5C > 5B > 2AB > 236A > 236236C~A

for Rise, Naoto, aigis
j.C > 5AA > 2B > 5BB > jc > j.C > 5AA > 5C > 2AB > 236A > 236236C~A

the rest of the cast, the jc > j.C whiffs

Acid08

Banned
That's really not fair. That's probably all the clothes Igor gave her, and she has no income.

Doesn't stop Large Marge from looking fab as fuck. Elizabeth looks a bit goofy but not Marie goofy at least.

My entire problem with her is that she felt totally out of place in P4 for me. Most of those characters felt very well realized and they all fit into the style and aesthetic that P4 had going on. It was cohesive and amazing. Then P4G comes out with Marie inserted in and she sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't actually add much to the story. Marie just feels like a half baked idea from beginning to end.

Also that stupid awful bath house scene they added with her. What a crock of shit that thing was.

Doesn't stop Large Marge from looking fab as fuck. Elizabeth looks a bit goofy but not Marie goofy at least.

My entire problem with her is that she felt totally out of place in P4 for me. Most of those characters felt very well realized and they all fit into the style and aesthetic that P4 had going on. It was cohesive and amazing. Then P4G comes out with Marie inserted in and she sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't actually add much to the story. Marie just feels like a half baked idea from beginning to end.
I thought she added a lot to the story
Izanami doesn't make nearly as much sense in vanilla.
I also just really enjoyed her social link, the dynamic with the whole cast was so nice, and I hope it shows something to come for P5 design.
Her valentine's moment was also really well done, and in P4 Arena her soft spoken lines directed at Yu "I'm so glad I got to see you again" and "Did my feelings for you come through" just make me d'aw.

She also was clearly meant to stick out in her design, I liked it, she clearly wasn't someone from town, and she didnt belong in the velvet room either

I dont normally like the tsundere archetype, but for some reason I love Marie. Margerat is fly as fuck though, no arguing that

SoldnerKei

I remember that I thought that Marie girl looked pretty much like that rocker chick from Nana
I have never played persona, just P4 Arena thou... maining Mitsuru for life :x
so P4A is my only source of reference for anything Persona related

Acid08

Banned
I thought she added a lot to the story
Izanami doesn't make nearly as much sense in vanilla.
I also just really enjoyed her social link, the dynamic with the whole cast was so nice, and I hope it shows something to come for P5 design.
Her valentine's moment was also really well done, and in P4 Arena her soft spoken lines directed at Yu "I'm so glad I got to see you again" and "Did my feelings for you come through" just make me d'aw.

She also was clearly meant to stick out in her design, I liked it, she clearly wasn't someone from town, and she didnt belong in the velvet room either

I dont normally like the tsundere archetype, but for some reason I love Marie. Margerat is fly as fuck though, no arguing that

See, there was almost no group dynamic there with her though. Just forced scenes that only happen in her social link. The rest of the group gels together so well because they come together organically over the course of the entire game. They only interact with Marie in her social link....she's not even around for almost all of the important moments in the game. If they wanted to do her right, they would have made her a party member and done more work to actually get her into more scenes. As it stands she's just tacked on and feels poorly implemented.

Which totally clashes with the consistent aesthetic that helped made P4 such a great experience.

Edit: Sorry everyone for derailing the thread. I'll stop now :p

See, there was almost no group dynamic there with her though. Just forced scenes that only happen in her social link. The rest of the group gels together so well because they come together organically over the course of the entire game. They only interact with Marie in her social link....she's not even around for almost all of the important moments in the game. If they wanted to do her right, they would have made her a party member and done more work to actually get her into more scenes. As it stands she's just tacked on and feels poorly implemented.
but if you compare Marie to an Ai or a Yumi, shes integrated into the group as opposed to just a side friend of Yu's

Shes clearly not part of the main group dynamic since shes not venturing into dungeons or anything, but the interactions in her social link are at least justification enough for the group to be on board for the bonus dungeon.

Being a party member would have been cool though and would have probably fit pretty well.

Edit: Sorry everyone for derailing the thread. I'll stop now :p
meh, its a community thread, this always happens and is nice

look at the shit people talk about in the NHL thread

omlet

Okay, question about large amiami orders. I know they'll do forced EMS because that's happened before, but this month's order is record size. Like 11 nendos and 2 scales. Is there a point where it would be cheaper to split up the order for shipping, or will they do that if the order is too big? A box big enough to hold 13 figures might seriously be too big to fit in my car :lol...

RMI

Banned
Okay, question about large amiami orders. I know they'll do forced EMS because that's happened before, but this month's order is record size. Like 11 nendos and 2 scales. Is there a point where it would be cheaper to split up the order for shipping, or will they do that if the order is too big? A box big enough to hold 13 figures might seriously be too big to fit in my car :lol...

I think they might send multiple boxes? I'm not sure though, you can just email them.

Theonik

This is why AmiAmi's system kinda sucks you have to wait several days to know how much shipping will be and you can't easily split them My current order has 4k SAL and I am sure if I broke it into two would be 1.5k + 1.5k

Edit: SAL and EMS are size base and weight based charge there is a table so you need to calculate it by hand.

omlet

I'm estimating about 13 pounds of nendo packaging (at about 500g/nendo) and two scales probably weighing in around, I dunno, 5 pounds maybe? Homura is not very heavy but I bet Ciel's box is going to be large because even at 1/8 she has a large base, a large weapon, and a large weapon attachment. So, uh, about 8kg or so?

...lol...

...holy crap this shipping bill... I'm doomed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom