• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

So then do the math on how much splitting would be. I'd do each scale separate but run the math on that. It sounds like a 14k yen SAL bill the way you describe it at least.
Edit: About 11-14k EMS 10k SAL Parcel according to AmiAmi but I don't think that accounts for size and you will get real numbers afterwards. Also you will get screwed over on packaging.

A question for everyone: did Orchid Seed's Satan get cancelled? I was curious about whether it was delayed so I went to both Hobby Search and AmiAmi, but it appears they outright deleted their entries for her.

Sorry if this was answered before, I've somehow managed to escape the figure vortex and don't want to get sucked back in... Yes, famous last words, I know.

george_us

A question for everyone: did Orchid Seed's Satan get cancelled? I was curious about whether it was delayed so I went to both Hobby Search and AmiAmi, but it appears they outright deleted their entries for her.

Sorry if this was answered before, I've somehow managed to escape the figure vortex and don't want to get sucked back in... Yes, famous last words, I know.
She's scheduled to release tomorrow. I assumed Hobby Search and AmiAmi deleted her because she sold out? Or it could be a glitch on both of their sites.

omlet

So then do the math on how much splitting would be. I'd do each scale separate but run the math on that. It sounds like a 14k yen SAL bill the way you describe it at least.
Edit: About 14k EMS 10k SAL according to AmiAmi but I don't think that accounts for size and you will get real numbers afterwards. Also you will get screwed over on packaging.

I know 3 normal sized nendo boxes can be SAL'd no problem, for about ~2k of yo yenz yip yip.

Would need to split it into like 6 orders to attempt to avoid EMS. That's just not worth the hassle to me... amiami doesn't list package weights for stuff so I'd have to do a lot of digging around to get anything exact.

I asked them to split it into 2 orders. They'll be EMS, but after this year's terrible SAL times, I'd almost rather just pay the EMS and get it over with. And the boxes should be managable size.

It's going to be a lot for shipping this many things either way I cut it.

Femto.

I used to be big in the Hard Core music scene. Trust me they exist and you are probably a better man for never finding one. I think that whole scene style died out super hard though.

I still dress the same. Classic vans, jeans and a tshirt or western style snap shirt. I still listen to the same music I used to but stopped going to shows because it became more about people looking to fight instead of being a community.

Wow, ditto. Yeah scene/emo chicks are highly overrated, dated a couple, won't do so again.

lol check your PMs regarding Shepard!

B-nC_zUVIAAjlDo.png

(Twitter scrounge)

Theonik

I know 3 normal sized nendo boxes can be SAL'd no problem, for about ~2k of yo yenz yip yip.

Would need to split it into like 6 orders to attempt to avoid EMS. That's just not worth the hassle to me... amiami doesn't list package weights for stuff so I'd have to do a lot of digging around to get anything exact.

I asked them to split it into 2 orders. They'll be EMS, but after this year's terrible SAL times, I'd almost rather just pay the EMS and get it over with. And the boxes should be managable size.

It's going to be a lot for shipping this many things either way I cut it.
In case you haven't looked at this.
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html#2

SAL Parcel would be your only choice for packages of more than 2KG besides EMS.

omlet

In case you haven't looked at this.
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html#2

SAL Parcel would be your only choice for packages of more than 2KG besides EMS.

Yeah, I know about that. It's what I was using to do my estimates.

I'd probably have to split it like...
3 nendo
3 nendo
2 big nendo
2 big nendo
Ciel
Homura + nendo

That would keep things small so I could probably save around 4k on shipping doing it this way, but a few of those those would be way over the 6k insurance limit for SAL, and I'd be waiting 4+ weeks for them if my current orders are any indication. Splitting it into two chunks should keep things manageable in terms of box size. I haven't paid for EMS in a few months so I will justify this by telling myself it's cashing in on all those savings. :v
that's not how it really works but ok

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, I know about that. It's what I was using to do my estimates.

I'd probably have to split it like...
3 nendo
3 nendo
2 big nendo
2 big nendo
Ciel
Homura + nendo

That would keep things small so I could probably save around 4k on shipping doing it this way, but a few of those those would be way over the 6k insurance limit for SAL, and I'd be waiting 4+ weeks for them if my current orders are any indication. Splitting it into two chunks should keep things manageable in terms of box size. I haven't paid for EMS in a few months so I will justify this by telling myself it's cashing in on all those savings. :v
that's not how it really works but ok

Why the aversion to EMS? Just a cost thing?

omlet

Why the aversion to EMS? Just a cost thing?

Yeah, I mean it adds up quickly. Usually I can wait, but usually I get RSAL within 2 weeks, maybe 3 at the most (with them getting to the US in 2 weeks then taking 1 more week to get to me). Some of my RSAL from this year are going on 4 weeks without making it to the US yet which is just further incentive to not try to split this up for SAL-sized orders.

I'm not really looking to get out of EMS for this month's order. I don't think it's really feasible, but at the same time 13 items is a lot so it probably is gonna have to be broken up at least a bit. The point of showing an example of how I'd have to break it up to fit everything into SAL is to show it's kind of a hassle, plus I may get some things wrong and get hit with some of those actually being too big for SAL, anyway.

Amiami boxes with as few as like 5 or 6 items are already too big for my trunk of my car in the event I miss a delivery and have to go pick them up (so I put them in the front seat, but much larger and they wouldn't fit through the door, either lol).

Thanks for the info re: Satan. I guess I'll wait for my payment request...

And that will be the last of my pre-ordered figures...

Will I be able to stay strong...?

Acid08

Banned
Anyone here have the K-On nendos? Are they good(stand-wise I guess)? They look really adorable. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm still not super familiar with nendos :x

Chance

FigureGaf! I call upon your collected wisdom. Behold Cyril Brooklyn, of infinite leg

41en5dUH3GL._SY445_.jpg

I've realized I need this sexy figure in my life and Detolf, but the market is now rife with bootlegs - where would you go to obtain sexy Cyril? She's on Amazon.jp for 10k.

Thoughts?

FigureGaf! I call upon your collected wisdom. Behold Cyril Brooklyn, of infinite leg

41en5dUH3GL._SY445_.jpg

I've realized I need this sexy figure in my life and Detolf, but the market is now rife with bootlegs - where would you go to obtain sexy Cyril? She's on Amazon.jp for 10k.

Thoughts?

damn. I kind of want one too now.

Yaari

Anyone here have the K-On nendos? Are they good(stand-wise I guess)? They look really adorable. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm still not super familiar with nendos :x

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148781195&postcount=13114
That might help you.

I decided to skip them for now, I wanted the best impression from the first Nendo I bought. I'll definitely get back at them because I agree they are adorable. Haha.

It took me forever to get Shimakaze set up but I'm absolutely stunned with the quality. I don't think any pictures do them justice until you really see them. I cant wait to buy more.

I have Mio and Azunyan:

ibxC6O60qMJvO0.jpg

iv5g8a3sJ0SEp.jpg

Mio tends to fall out of her stand every now and then, but otherwise both are fine.

Acid08

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148781195&postcount=13114
That might help you.

I decided to skip them for now, I wanted the best impression from the first Nendo I bought. I'll definitely get back at them because I agree they are adorable. Haha.

It took me forever to get Shimakaze set up but I'm absolutely stunned with the quality. I don't think any pictures do them justice until you really see them. I cant wait to buy more.
Thanks! So they have those old stands people don't like. That's kinda disappointing. I'm trying to decide between the nendos and figmas.

I have Mio and Azunyan:

ibxC6O60qMJvO0.jpg

iv5g8a3sJ0SEp.jpg

Mio tends to fall out of her stand every now and then, but otherwise both are fine.

ahhhhhhh they're adorable

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

41en5dUH3GL._SY445_.jpg

Thoughts?

Setting already gave you a link to find Cyril, but I want to show you her partner Iris Hallett
of infinite straps, just as perky with more guns:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/78760#tab/official/date/1/5

You need the both of them for ultimate pairdom.

I keep meaning to pick them both up myself, but things keep getting in the way...

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Knock it off, guys...I'm trying my damnedest not to go back to the pre-owned section and buy more Nendos. Maybe I should stop reading FigureGAF until March 1st.

*changes his mind and goes back to AmiAmi*

Ya the stands can be a pain in the butt but once you have them in a good spot and don't mess with them they usually stay put. At least mine do.

They look amazing and all capture each girl pretty well. I still need to get Ui sometime soon.

arue

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what do you guys think of Air Mail? Amiami says the delivery time is between 1-2 weeks and the cost is in between RSAL and EMS.

Is it worth to pay 500 more just to bump my delivery time from 3 weeks with RSAL to 2 weeks with Air Mail (assuming it takes at most 2 weeks to get here)?

omlet

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what do you guys think of Air Mail? Amiami says the delivery time is between 1-2 weeks and the cost is in between RSAL and EMS.

Is it worth to pay 500 more just to bump my delivery time from 3 weeks with RSAL to 2 weeks with Air Mail (assuming it takes at most 2 weeks to get here)?

I don't use it. If I can wait, then I can wait (RSAL). If I can't, then I can't (EMS).

Wanderer5

Well I had ordered the Thundercats 2011 6'' Panthro, and should be getting it alongside new headphones by tomorrow, so guess I not leaving feb without a figure (who was thankfully pretty cheap XD). Not really sure if I would get the rest of the 6" line through, nor the classic ones, but looks like bandai didn't do a bad job on these figures that are $15.

Reminds me that I didn't finish watching the new series...

taoofjord

Welp... my order just shipped! It's the biggest one yet and will likely be that way for the forseeable future. Once these arrive it's just 1-2 figures a month for the next 6 months or so. (I'm also running out of space and am would prefer to not buy a detolf since I mostly have smallish figures)

Model Kits:
- Mega Man, Roll & Proto Man
- RX-78-2 Gundam

Revoltech:
- Lupin & Jigen

Desktop Real McCoy:
Goku

Sentinel Black Getter is also on its way. Grabbed it for a decent price off of eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom