• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
I've wanted to but most of them are old/expensive. So I don't.

I have a few but not as many as I would like to. Sadly, most of the good ones came out when I was in high school so I didn't have enough money to grab much. They are bloody expensive though.

I see. Not seeking to start such a collection but I've always wanted a Ryofu scale as she's my fave from the series. I do notice quite a few of them look old (not as detailed) but want to ask one's opinion on who made the best representations of 'em gals (in normal/fighting clothes, not swimsuits/nude/etc). Looking for the best Ryofu scale but I'm not sure which one that may be since catalog photos can be deceiving.

You are going with the BBTS route? I ended up doing GSC for the bonus.

What bonus? The aluminum print? It doesn't matter where you buy them. You just need the four vouchers or UPCs or however they're going to do it. That's not a GSC shop-exclusive offer. You just need to buy all four.

darklin0

Banned
What bonus? The aluminum print? It doesn't matter where you buy them. You just need the four vouchers or UPCs or however they're going to do it. That's not a GSC shop-exclusive offer. You just need to buy all four.
Wuuuut? That is cool. Might get the other two through BBTS then. It looks like their listing is off? Michelangelo is slated for July on GSC list but March on BBTS.

Wuuuut? That is cool. Might get the other two through BBTS then. It looks like their listing is off? Michelangelo is slated for July on GSC list but March on BBTS.

Probably placeholder dates. But yeah, if the print was a GSC shop deal, there would be a little banner under it on the GSC shop saying "Pre-Order Bonus." But the TMNT figures don't have that.

Femto.

Man, what kind of fucked-up childhood did you have if Guts was your hero? ;)
writing-bad.gif

kewlmyc

I feel that if I get all four of the TMNT, the I've hit the peak of figure collecting, and nothing else will come close to meeting their perfection. It'll be all downhill from there.

I feel that if I get all four of the TMNT, the I've hit the peak of figure collecting, and nothing else will come close to meeting their perfection. It'll be all downhill from there.

The same could be said of a chance to have group sex with Jessica Alba, Scarlet Johansson and Olivia Wilde. It doesn't mean you don't do it.

darklin0

Banned
Probably placeholder dates. But yeah, if the print was a GSC shop deal, there would be a little banner under it on the GSC shop saying "Pre-Order Bonus." But the TMNT figures don't have that.
kk, will end up doing BBTS most likely now. How much would shipping be through them?
Fuck it, I'll do it. Last hurrah, I guess. Well, depends if I get this new job and have to live on my own or not.
Spending all our money on turtles, *insert clever pun here*

Fuck it, I'll do it. Last hurrah, I guess. Well, depends if I get this new job and have to live on my own or not.

Yeah, figure prices rising like they are, cutting back hard would be good for all of us from a financial perpsective. These turtles will make a great display, though. I'm envisioning a (relatively) small display case just for them, with the aluminum art print mounted on the wall above them. :O

kewlmyc

Yeah! Something like that. And a pedestal to place it on like the holy grail. Gotta wait for final size dimensions, though. Donnie is going to be standing over a foot high, easy with that base. I think the turtles themselves are 8.5" on average.

The 18" should easily cover it.

darklin0

Banned
In other news my failed SAL Parcel order is still displaying "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment." Why must this option be so bad?

At this point I feel like my February order will arrive earlier. T-T

Wanderer5

Oh got my package today, so Pathro is out and about, and he turned out pretty good outside of a couple tiny paint issues and the knee caps. $11 for this guy was totally worth it. Here is his box and a quick comparsion with Samus figma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom