• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
0000000027802.jpg

0000000027782.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-10070.html

Both of those look really good, but neither of them need to be mine...

Oh, you've got $1200 for Guts, but you can't buy 4 dinky turtles at $130 each? ;)

R6g0olA.jpg

I feel that if I get all four of the TMNT, the I've hit the peak of figure collecting, and nothing else will come close to meeting their perfection. It'll be all downhill from there.

Don't worry the Enterbay 1/4 BD T2 T-800 is the peak of figure collecting, and even that can be improved upon.

Dat furo poster for 1.2k.

Edit : Hot Toys AoU Hulk.

Not impressed :/

I like the DX option, and that the DX head has a Buscema like mouth, but I hate the overall look of the figure...

Received my Ryuko today. Had to resort to Ebay for mine but it was worth it!
Congrats, she looks awesome...

StayDead

Hi.

Thank you for mailing us.

The order has been shipped on December 22 however it is not traceable as i
t was shipped via unregistered sal.

Please note that while we generally ask customers to expect their SAL ship
ments to arrive within 2-5 weeks, it does take quite a bit longer for them
to arrive at times. During particularly busy times of the year, or if ther
e is an unusual delay (caused by inclement weather, natural disasters, etc
) it is not unusual for SAL packages to take upwards of 8 weeks for delive
ry. Please note that you may even have other orders which were sent out ea
rlier arrive before your "late" order does. This is because SAL shipments
are not considered to be "priority" shipments. They are only shipped when
there is extra room available on a plane, truck or train. Some shipments m
ay move through relatively quickly, but others may be delayed or take quit
e a while to reach their destination.

Please note that unregistered SAL shipments have no type of Tracking Numbe
r or Delivery Confirmation Code. They are sent basically like you would se
nd a letter via the post - without any way to track or locate the item onc
e it has been shipped. Unfortunately this means that unless your package i
s returned to us as an undeliverable piece of mail we will be unable to tr
ack, trace, or locate your shipment.

In any event, almost all SAL shipments will arrive at their final destinat
ion if given enough time. If your item is returned to our warehouse we wil
l let you know as soon as possible and will arrange for re-shipment. In th
e meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

Regards,
AmiAmi

The last bit echos what theonik said so hopefully I'll get lucky. I guess for now I best not order the stuff again. :p

Zerojul

I like the DX option, and that the DX head has a Buscema like mouth, but I hate the overall look of the figure...
I don't like it much either, to the point that I think I actually like the first one better, and might try to get one for a decent price to complete the team. If I can't, well there's always Infinity War :/

The last bit echos what theonik said so hopefully I'll get lucky. I guess for now I best not order the stuff again. :p
Fingers crossed, hope you finally get it one way or another.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm almost ashamed to say I missed Figma Samus. Yes, all three runs. Here's hope for a 4th :/
NY still have her for 5.5K, if the third run was the final one her price will just climb again. It's amazing to me that 3 runs were done and people are still looking for her, and yet we have no new fucking game to play.

Hope it doesn't take much longer, and that maybe in the future the little more that tracking cost will be worth it to ya.

I don't like it much either, to the point that I think I actually like the first one better, and might try to get one for a decent price to complete the team. If I can't, well there's always Infinity War :/
First one's awesome, but I'd expect the prices to start going up if the majority of people dislike this new one.

StayDead

Hope it doesn't take much longer, and that maybe in the future the little more that tracking cost will be worth it to ya.

I mainly avoided higher price as it feels to me that I get charged customs more for tracked parcels than when I just do unregistered. I've used unregistered now for 4 years outside of on big orders and I've never had any issues. The only time I've actually had problems was the time I ordered something registered and rather than sending it to my address they sent it back to Japan.

Ah well, all I can do is sit and wait now. If it doesn't show up and I miss out on my Neptunia Re;Birth 3 LE and Honoka nendo because of it I'll be really annoyed as I've got all the others, but I suppose it can't be helped.

Theonik

I know because I had this exact thing happen to me. My Akari nendoroid was sent 25/12/2012 to the UK. She arrived back in AmiAmi in 14/06/2013 and arrived together with my Miho Nendoroid in that same summer. She was SAL registered.

So yeah you might wait a loooooong time.

Zerojul

I know because I had this exact thing happen to me. My Akari nendoroid was sent 25/12/2012 to the UK. She arrived back in AmiAmi in 14/06/2013 and arrived together with my Miho Nendoroid in that same summer. She was SAL registered.

More than 6 months for registered SAL ? Seriously ? Screw that :/

I don't know if last Amiami preowned update was a real one of if they were just sorting their listings (a lot of 0 JPY stuff there), but I missed every single item I could have possibly been interested in. I begin to see a pattern here.

I don't know if last Amiami preowned update was a real one of if they were just sorting their listings (a lot of 0 JPY stuff there), but I missed every single item I could have possibly been interested in. I begin to see a pattern here.

Don't worry, you will get used to it.

Theonik

More than 6 months for registered SAL ? Seriously ? Screw that :/
6 months till she turned back up in AmiAmi yes. They didn't refund the shipping either and charged me again to ship her back. This time it was outside holiday peak and I sent her over to Greece so she showed up fairly quickly with no issues.
Registered really doesn't give much benefit with international mail since they don't have to give you tracking once it passes the border. (most the problems will always be after it leaves the origin from experience.)
Just be patient is my only advice, freak stories like mine are fairly rare and I ship a LOT of stuff.

Theonik

Looking at the list and pages is they are sorting out their orders. The 0jpy are unpaid orders waiting to go back into the pot I think. Deadlines for the last pre-owned roll should be gone now if people have been combining them.

Zerojul

Just be patient is my only advice, freak stories like mine are fairly rare and I ship a LOT of stuff.

Yeah, I've been shipping stuff from japan since 2001 and that kind of situation never happened. Even huge boxes of retro games (more than 10 kilos) that I used to ship by boat took 3 months max.

Theonik

Yeah, I've been shipping stuff from japan since 2001 and that kind of situation never happened. Even huge boxes of retro games (more than 10 kilos) that I used to ship by boat took 3 months max.
Be aware that the delay is less to do with actual shiptimes in this case though but going to the UK Royal Mail botching it and sending it back. +however long it took AmiAmi to get it and contact me. So you can't really compare it.

preorder starting soon.

Don't really care for ship girls but this figure was amazing at WonFes.

Ugh....tempted. So tempted. Will check out when she releases and of course see how bad her shipgirl tax is.

Also decided to pass on Chino, going to get her Nendo anyways.

Same. Her pose is a tad boring and plain. Maybe if the scale pops up somewhere for 5k, or if they do a nice group statue, but I'd rather spend moneys on the Nendoroid.

I would have been more interested if she was in her cafe uniform honestly. I agree though, if I see her super cheap I might jump.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Kohina (Gugure! Kokkuri-san) Pure Neemo doll. Ironic, because "Kohina Ichimatsu is an expressionless elementary school girl who lives alone, proclaims herself to be a doll, and eats nothing but instant noodles."

Kohina (Gugure! Kokkuri-san) Pure Neemo doll. Ironic, because "Kohina Ichimatsu is an expressionless elementary school girl who lives alone, proclaims herself to be a doll, and eats nothing but instant noodles."

She would be another amazing Nendo, include some cup noodles with her. Pllleasseee GSC.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
ATTN:John Smith, the second batch of Dean Yeagle Mandy's have been arriving to people, with no word of warning or dispatched emails, don't know how you have your stuff shipped to you but keep your eyes opened or she could end up sitting on your porch all day...

GSC seems to have changed their paint scheme, finish, or something, because both this and the Rail Wars girl figure look incredibly well painted.

Ya really...so vibrant. I hope she looks as great in production though. Same with Sakurai....who I am still debating.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Beat Tales of Hearts R (well beat the main game, not touching the grade shop or ex stuff), and while I said my next game was gonna be Persona 4, I'm going danganronpa next instead, how much damage is this game gonna do to my wallet figure wise?

Einbroch

Banned
Beat Tales of Hearts R (well beat the main game, not touching the grade shop or ex stuff), and while I said my next game was gonna be Persona 4, I'm going danganronpa next instead, how much damage is this game gonna do to my wallet figure wise?

Surprisingly little. The best figures from the series are cheap as dirt on Amazon.

RMI

Banned
There was a Max Factory I-no on AmiAmi preowned this morning for 6.8k and I slept through the notification. Fuck my life.

LiK

bit the bullet and bought an overpriced Teddie Nendo. it was the only one from an Amazon seller for Prime. everyone else is in Japan and it'll take like close to two months to arrive. F that.

Also picked up a Izanagi prize figure. I want the D-Arts one to match my Thanatos but he's pretty overpriced atm. still thinking about it. but not gonna bother until I get a Yu figure to go with it.

Ban Puncher

People say Nichijou is hilarious but every time I try to watch it after the first couple of episodes I want to commit sudoku.

NichiBros > Nichijou

omlet

Nichijou bored me to tears, too, and I tend to like slice of life comedy. It still has some amazing scenes (and gifs and amvs).

Anyway, here are some things on amiami of potential interest that survived the night:

If anyone was looking for GSC Homura 1/8 (original), amiami has a B/B for 8800 which is a great price since she usually goes for more like 10k.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-4313

A/B Miku Append 5.3k
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-3027

A/B Shinobu (doughnut pile) 14k
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-4417

A/B Mikan (lounging version) 18k (lol)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004687

C/B Lucifer (wardrobe malfunction) 12k
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-7221

A-/B 7th Dragon Samurai 27.8k (in case you gotta have it)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-6120

B/B Ignis 3.3k (this was my first figure ever)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=HOB-FIG-3577

B/B Buddy 3.8k (still available, or available again)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-1933

Animation version of some BRS stuff:
A-/B Strength 10.6k
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-2609

A-/C Gold Saw 23k
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-2418

A-/B Dead Master 12.5k
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-2229

StayDead

Holy shit, 6 months? Well, time to just sit and wait then. o_o

Theonik

Holy shit, 6 months? Well, time to just sit and wait then. o_o
If it didn't contain the game I'd say you should look into buying the fig if you find it cheap then flip for a profit if the one you got at AmiAmi price turns up. But yeah you might be waiting for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom