• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oooh, you'll need a Hoppo-chan shirt too...

GOODS-00020750.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I've had Ivy for nearly a month and she's awesome. Sideshow did an excellent job with her. Definitely still getting Kier though. Can't say no to that skull mask.
Cool, shame about the Hulk being too big for you, but if you don't have the room for him you don't have the room...
Found her at the same booth at Frank's were I got my Chun-Li bishoujo back in July. She was $50 back then, she's $75 now. Better than paying 100+ but I should have bought both back then.

I always keep telling myself to start picking up more nendos but bishoujos always win.

Nice pic up, and yeah, nendos are gonna lose against anything really, unless your dedicated solely to them they don't have enough leg to stand on...

It's even better to not order so many figures. :O

2EFGFsq.gif

Bishoujos all look terrible to me.
Those faces are just bleck.

DkMiybR.gif

OK my swimsuit sansei departed japan less than 24 hrs after I placed my order. I don't even.

My Sansei should be here today... Also they just put tanned Towel Girl Student Council President Shinonome Mio Suntanned Ver. - Limited Edition up for order and I'm tapped out, I have to hope you can get her Settin...
Ain't nothing gonna curb my nendo spending like missing out on this chick because I got greedy with the pumpkin heads...

Someone needs to buy that Mammon!

In other news, I decided to keep King Hulk. Despite his massive-ness, he looks fucking epic with dat axe. I can't abandon him.

Now I gotta go pay for Satan. Feb. hasn't been kind to my wallet.

LOL, disregard my previous post, and good luck finding a nice spot for Hulk...

I never knew there was a thread dedicated to figure collecting on this site. I've only known about myfigurecollection but It's really neat to find another place to talk about this hobby. I'm relatively new to this hobby (Started collecting after I attended my first anime convention, Anime Boston 2014) I look forward to talking to you all and posting some of my monthly hauls ^_^

BTW Ive read about 10 pages and some of you have some really nice orders and I feel your pain about being poor X_X lol

I never knew there was a thread dedicated to figure collecting on this site. I've only known about myfigurecollection but It's really neat to find another place to talk about this hobby. I'm relatively new to this hobby (Started collecting after I attended my first anime convention, Anime Boston 2014) I look forward to talking to you all and posting some of my monthly hauls ^_^

BTW Ive read about 10 pages and some of you have some really nice orders and I feel your pain about being poor X_X lol

Welcome!

Ban Puncher

Should I buy Rinko Iori? I've never even seen Gundam Build Fighters.

But she would go well next to my Akiko Minase. I could start a Mitarashi Club collection.

Ryuuroden

Well, FigureGAF, my wallet suffered heavy damage tonight with the threat of more damage in 5-6 months.

Uesugi Kagekatsu has been pre-ordered, as well as Diabolus Inclinatus Desdemona and Yukari.

Why are the prices so damn high now? T.T

I need Hilda and Salamandinay figures.

I just placed my order for Uesugi as well and paid for her. Add to my archer collection.

Waiting for amatsukaze (amakuni) and that gsc kancolle figure to go up for preorder to further inflate my pre-order list. Thankfully we are already reaching into late fall releases now. When looking at it this way, my total new figure list for 2015 should be under 12 again. This goes for preorders. Trying to keep preorders down to 12 a year. Harder to do now with all the exclusives. Anything beyond 12 is stuff I hold off till after release. This way I try to keep potential le-bomba damage to a minimum and keep from overpaying for anything I really really want if prices skyrocket post release.

Guessing all of that is so hit or miss.

Zerojul

Welcome to your wallet's doom !!!

Ryuuroden

Welcome, do you have any themes, genres, or shows/games in particular, that you are looking for so that we can assist in dooming your wallet?

Settin

Thanks!

Welcome to your wallet's doom !!!

Yeah tell me about it >_< Everytime it seems like I I'm going to have a long time to recuperate and fill the bank BOOM! Tons of cute things or things I need happen to be announced. Unfair X_X lol

Welcome, do you have any themes, genres, or shows/games in particular, that you are looking for so that we can assist in dooming your wallet?

Thank you! I usually stick to scaled figures, not into figma's or dolls, not really into nendoroids but I have made exceptions there, I own some nendo's for my favorite characters. My biggest shows that I'm collecting of are Haganai (Kobato being my absolute favorite character and I want to try and own as much merch of her as I can) Love Live! (This is whats absolutely destroying my wallet X_X) and Alters Tales of figures. I have quite a bit of other figures from shows I like or that I think are cute but those 3 are my main collections.

omlet

!!
Ciel is released! Got her bundled with some other things so I'm not sure if it's an EMS-onry box or not. For her and 5 other items:
Subtotal: 59,110 JPY
Shipping: 10,700 JPY
Grand total: 69,810 JPY

ouch...critical hit...

Anyway, what nendos did I miss last night? I had a headache and passed out a few hours before amiami's usual update time. ~_~

Thank you! I usually stick to scaled figures, not into figma's or dolls, not really into nendoroids but I have made exceptions there, I own some nendo's for my favorite characters. My biggest shows that I'm collecting of are Haganai (Kobato being my absolute favorite character and I want to try and own as much merch of her as I can) Love Live! (This is whats absolutely destroying my wallet X_X) and Alters Tales of figures. I have quite a bit of other figures from shows I like or that I think are cute but those 3 are my main collections.

Welcome aboard. Guessing you probably do, but do you have either (or both) of her figures from Kotobukiya? I picked up the Nobel Blood of Night version last year
Also comes in the black dress version but I don't like the face on that one as much as the red one.

You said you use MFC? Here's mine http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Veers

Zerojul

Also they just put tanned Towel Girl Student Council President Shinonome Mio Suntanned Ver. - Limited Edition up for order and I'm tapped out, I have to hope you can get her Settin...
This was worth clicking.
Almost makes me regret there were no student councils in my high school. Stupid non-japanese and non-fictional country.

!!
Ciel is released! Got her bundled with some other things so I'm not sure if it's an EMS-onry box or not. For her and 5 other items:
Subtotal: 59,110 JPY
Shipping: 10,700 JPY
Grand total: 69,810 JPY

ouch...critical hit...
Dat 10k shipping. Once again, you are my hero.

It appears I did not get my February Amiami paiement request yet because of a stupid 1,9k NXEDGE figure. Hurry up, Bandai.

Welcome aboard. Guessing you probably do, but do you have either (or both) of her figures from Kotobukiya? I picked up the Nobel Blood of Night version last year
Also comes in the black dress version but I don't like the face on that one as much as the red one.

You said you use MFC? Here's mine http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Veers

Thanks! Yeah I have both I got the black version last year when I attended my first anime con and last summer I imported the beautiful red version from a french shop who even with the Euro being more powerful then the dollar was really cheap. I have her still sealed but I'll be opening her soon. I'm in the process of getting a new bedroom furniture set and rearranging my bedroom so once that's all set I'll be filling up one of my detolfs with all my Kobato figures.

and yeah, some really nice figures you have! That Momohime figure is so beautiful! Shame she's so expensive.

Here's mine, http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/DuchessBianca

Welcome, and nice Oreimo collection.

omlet

Thanks! Yeah I have both I got the black version last year when I attended my first anime con and last summer I imported the beautiful red version from a french shop who even with the Euro being more powerful then the dollar was really cheap. I have her still sealed but I'll be opening her soon. I'm in the process of getting a new bedroom furniture set and rearranging my bedroom so once that's all set I'll be filling up one of my detolfs with all my Kobato figures.

and yeah, some really nice figures you have! That Momohime figure is so beautiful! Shame she's so expensive.

Guessing you got it from ixu's? That's where I got mine. Speaking of DETOLFs, be sure to show off your setup after you finish rearranging. People here like that. I just recently finished rearranging my room where my figures are; it was a lot of work but worth the effort! http://i.imgur.com/Lc7JpQ9.jpg

Yeah, I can understand being cautious about spending 40k on a Griffon scale.

Yeah, It's a shame too because griffon does make some figures of characters who get very few figures and sometimes has some pretty nice concept designs but their execution and final products are usually always different and it doesn't seem like they are improving all that much as time passes.

LiK

oh man, didn't expect my Danganronpa figure collection to be so huge now. I'll need to set up a display soon.

Holy hell you did all that in a year?

Also welcome.

welcome... and wow that collection. kinda hard to believe you got all of em in 1 year
if I haven't been around here for quite some time :p

Holy hell you did all that in a year?
Also welcome.

For the most part yeah. I had few of the goods and a couple of the items that were from video game collectors editions I had but after going to my first con last march and seeing the loads of anime merchandize I decided I needed this hobby lol. Thats when I found out about shops like Amiami and Mandarake and Myfigurecollection. A combination of the good exchange rate finding, great sales from MFC users, and amiami's preowned section have definitely helped me get what I have.

welcome... and wow that collection. kinda hard to believe you got all of em in 1 year
if I haven't been around here for quite some time :p

Thanks! and yeah this hobby is quite addicting. I've always been a video game collector and then when I had I great library I said to myself "Now I'll finally have tons of free money all to myself" Then I started building an anime collection instead of just watching them online then last winter before the con I said to myself "I have quite the anime collection now and I'll finally once again have all kinds of free money" and then the rest speaks for itself lol

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
My AmiAmi payment request came in. 6,940 JPY for shipping. Well, that's not too bad, I think.

Sometimes when I get my AmiAmi boxes, I'm like "this box feels awfully light...no way would it cost 8000 JPY to ship..." =_=

Yaari

Welcome! Nice to see that you appreciate the best idol as well.

s.gif

Yeah, It's a shame too because griffon does make some figures of characters who get very few figures and sometimes has some pretty nice concept designs but their execution and final products are usually always different and it doesn't seem like they are improving all that much as time passes.

Maybe they are getting a lot of profit for doing those figures that nobody usually does and since people keep buying they are not bothering in doing better products. Dunno, just a theory.

---

Guys, sad to say but I'll stop buying figures for a while (like, no figures until September). I know it will be hard, but after the taxes that I had to pay today (in which they changed the value of my product, and when I said I would appeal they just said "sure, no problem, we'll change the value, but you'll have to pay a fee to us for holding your package and another for paying it late), I'm probably going to have problems later if I keep this going.

jonathantornado.gif

I'll be here to post the ones that I bought already, but no new ones.

To complete this awesome day, my amiibos arrived and two of them have problems, Mario's paint is fucked beyond repair and Ike has a black spot on his face.

Theonik

Registered? usually 2-3 weeks.
Time isn't the issue here as much as I am uncertain about other things. Registered is a pain in the bum too. Will have to sign 3 authorisation forms before I leave abroad again so I can have people pick them up from the postal office.
Edit: Assuming my 2 Mandarake orders don't ship in the interim.

Guessing you got it from ixu's? That's where I got mine. Speaking of DETOLFs, be sure to show off your setup after you finish rearranging. People here like that. I just recently finished rearranging my room where my figures are; it was a lot of work but worth the effort! http://i.imgur.com/Lc7JpQ9.jpg

Ooops I somehow missed this reply sorry >_< and yeah I got her from Ixu's was a really great price and cheap shipping. Will do! The bedroom furniture set should be in by the second week of March so I'll give some pictures of my room and my collection. and wow thats an absolutely beautiful setup!

Maybe they are getting a lot of profit for doing those figures that nobody usually does and since people keep buying they are not bothering in doing better products. Dunno, just a theory.

---

Guys, sad to say but I'll stop buying figures for a while (like, no figures until September). I know it will be hard, but after the taxes that I had to pay today (in which they changed the value of my product, and when I said I would appeal they just said "sure, no problem, we'll change the value, but you'll have to pay a fee to us for holding your package and another for paying it late), I'm probably going to have problems later if I keep this going.

If I had to pay the fees that some of you guys do, like these taxes or the customs charges I would be saying the same thing. Sucks man but I completely understand. Hope you stick around with us though.

If I had to pay the fees that some of you guys do, like these taxes or the customs charges I would be saying the same thing. Sucks man but I completely understand. Hope you stick around with us though.

It was fine until now, but I have some financial problems on top of that so I'll have to step it down a bit lot

SoldnerKei

the only way to save myself from customs is shipping with SAL registered, I know some people here say it's like one of the worst options but at least I don't have to pay 15dlls more when it arrives

the only way to save myself from customs is shipping with SAL registered, I know some people here say it's like one of the worst options but at least I don't have to pay 15dlls more when it arrives

I was under the assumption that SAL registered was the second best option behind EMS.

SoldnerKei

I was under the assumption that SAL registered was the second best option behind EMS.

It is, so far as I know. SAL Parcel is the one that's terrible.

that would explain it, I think I had them mixed up lol

thou EMS took almost 2 months to deliver in my country, and they actually had a disclaimer regarding that specific issue, didn't pay customs on that order but it took so long that I thought it was lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom