• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Nintendo isn't already doing that?

Oh, you.

I have a friend who buys amiibos and sells em back out like triple the price and people are buying. Been doing since they first launched.

A friend, right.

74200-Not-Sure-Fry-meme-gif-Flanders-5NyZ.gif

Shulk and Rosalina are SELLING for $99.99 on eBay. Selling.

What the fuck. Seriously, wow...

I'm not a scalper and never wanted to be, but in the financial condition that I am I must say that I seriously thought about selling my amiibos. I have 2 Mega Man coming, 1 Shulk, 1 Rosalina.

If only I lived in Canada.

SoldnerKei

some wallets are really feeling it

man, and this month third wave hits our local retailers
lol third world country
so I will be able to grab Rosalina for 15dlls or something around that price(250 pesos to be exact)

Man the Amiibo thirst is real isn't it. People can get nice scales for that cost. Glad I don't have much investment in Nintendo properties. I'd rather buy Nintendo Figmas than Amiibos. Wait till Lucina Amiibo goes for more than her Figma.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

LiK

I joined the dark side with some dupes I got. it's paying off my new thirst for P4 figures. gotta be a scalper to pay for scalper prices, lol

The only Amiibo I want left is Robin that's announced. I probably would have gotten it too if AmiAmi stops leaving their amiibo updates to the dead of night already. :E

Well I mean I guess there are some not announced yet, but going to cross that bridge when it comes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People were telling me to buy another Alter Akari to paint it gold for a real life GAF AotY award. If I had done that I could have sold it today for at least £10,000. What a missed opportunity.

The problem with painting stuff with one color is that you need to have everything on high relief, otherwise you're fucked. I'm talking about eyes, details, etc.

kewlmyc

I think those would probably work for 3 DETOLF. Depending on how sturdy it feels side-to-side you may want to put a backing on it to keep it from domino'ing (I know there's a proper word for this but I forget what it is). Since I had 4 and didn't want to split them up I need something longer than 5 feet.

Building the shelves that I built was really not hard at all, if you have access to the tools. You really just need some basic wood tools, 4 hands, and some time. As I mentioned in the post, it's my first time doing "real" carpentry and they turned out fine :D (I have done stuff like building or fixing deer blinds and other stuff on a ranch that didn't really require much precision, but nothing like this before.)

Access to tools is my main problem. I would have to buy all of the tools, since I don't even own a drill. I have a hammer and a few screwdrivers, and that's it. It'll would be a super expensive endeavor. Might as well just go to Ikea.

Acid08

Banned
Rest of the stuff I ordered came in!

Mami Tomoe 1/8

She looks incredible in person. Paint is absolutely perfect, definitely my favorite of the GSC Madoka figures I have. Unfortunately, I broke her left index finger off playing with the gun positioning. It just didn't seem to fit in right so while I was twisting it around the finger just popped off. It was easily fixable but it's a super fragile piece, so just look out for anyone else getting her.

Mami Nishikino prize fig

6th of the set I've gotten, and I think she looks the best. Paint is really good and her pose is really cute. She seems to be by far the hardest to find of this line so I'm really happy I got her, even if she was a little expensive.

Jack Frost Nendo

HE'S SO ADORABLE. So happy to finally have him. He's the first old style nendo I got and I can see just how far they've come when comparing him to the Mako nendo. The joints are all pretty loose and the stand kinda sucks. Still, can't deny how great he looks. Was my first order from Jungle too and I'll definitely use them again, he was SUPER well packed. He was B quality and there were a couple lil marks on him that I was able to just wipe off so he looks good as new now!

omlet

Access to tools is my main problem. I would have to buy all of the tools, since I don't even own a drill. I have a hammer and a few screwdrivers, and that's it. It'll would be a super expensive endeavor. Might as well just go to Ikea.

Yeah. I think the IKEA thing would be fine. If you're doing wiring for lighting then you may want to look into borrowing a drill if you don't want to run wires into the top hole.

Mami Tomoe 1/8

She looks incredible in person. Paint is absolutely perfect, definitely my favorite of the GSC Madoka figures I have. Unfortunately, I broke her left index finger off playing with the gun positioning. It just didn't seem to fit in right so while I was twisting it around the finger just popped off. It was easily fixable but it's a super fragile piece, so just look out for anyone else getting her.

My Mami, Homura, Sayaka, and Madoka are all stuck in SAL hell :( :(

Mami Tomoe 1/8

She looks awesome. Still my favorite Madoka girl. Sucks about the finger.

Ultimadrago

While the middling (as best) series itself is overrated, Madoka has come out with some rather nice figures. I wish more Ume designs got decent scales.

People were telling me to buy another Alter Akari to paint it gold for a real life GAF AotY award. If I had done that I could have sold it today for at least £10,000. What a missed opportunity.

Akari? Lame. At least a Golden Mitsuba could double as a Buddha.

RMI

Banned
I found it boring, but that's just my opinion.

Everybody has different tastes, and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but coming around and calling that show mediocre and overrated without any explanation whatsoever... I don't think it's unreasonable to think that might ruffle a few feathers around here.

Everybody has different tastes, and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but coming around and calling that show mediocre and overrated without any explanation whatsoever... I don't think it's unreasonable to think that might ruffle a few feathers around here.

Sure, but that's bound to happen with many people here with different opinions posting, not everything needs a dissertation alongside it. I've seen some animes that I like being mocked here too, but I let it go, it happens.

Acid08

Banned
Madoka figures? They're awesome. A+ for you Acid08, now get the rest of them if you don't already have them.

Still need to get Madoka and Homura. Gonna get the second GSC Madoka, I like her pose a lot more. Ultimate Madoka at some point too but I don't know when.

Of the ones I have I like Sayaka and Mami the most. Kyoko is good but she seemed kinda....plain, I guess?

omlet

Still need to get Madoka and Homura. Gonna get the second GSC Madoka, I like her pose a lot more. Ultimate Madoka at some point too but I don't know when.

Of the ones I have I like Sayaka and Mami the most. Kyoko is good but she seemed kinda....plain, I guess?

GSC's Kyoko is the first one I got (besides Ultimate Madoka) because I like her best, but you're not wrong...her sculpt is disappointingly plain and it's why I waited for so long to get her. I really wanted a good sculpt with her spear in chain-mode, or something more aggressive looking. Some of her prize figures have great poses.

Sure, but that's bound to happen with many people here with different opinions posting, not everything needs a dissertation alongside it. I've seen some animes that I like being mocked here too, but I let it go, it happens.

Yeah but it's how things are put out there that make a difference. I'll usually say "I don't understand the appeal of X show," but that doesn't make it bad. It was the original comment of calling it middling or overrated that was unnecessary. I thought it was enjoyable but not even close to my top favorite shows.

But yeah some great looking g figs.

Just got my Samurai in. She's pretty great.

RMI

Banned

Sayaka was my least favorite character on the show, so I only bought her kind of grudgingly to complete the set, but I wound up loving her figure. Kyoko is great too, but towards the bottom of the pack for me. Mami is actually my least favorite of the figures. Her expression is a little too plain for me, but I love her pose and the design of her outfit is maybe my overall favorite. There was a GSC Homura up on Amiami recently for not crazy price, like 8-9k or something. I guess you missed it.

Just got my Samurai in. She's pretty great.

want to buy her badly while she's still in stock, but Jubilee is coming out soon and I'm broke. What do I do?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom