• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
00_134_7.jpg

Still tempted...

RMI

Banned
^^ she looks great but i'm not entirely sure what's going on in that pose. Was she like running and her shoe fell off and she twisted her ankle or something?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
It was fine until now, but I have some financial problems on top of that so I'll have to step it down a bit lot

Sorry to hear this, but with your 60% tax on stuff it's not hard to believe, may you recover swiftly...

----------------

Hot Body Muramasa arrived, and instead of posting my pics I'll just link my MFC account Luse666, pics are there, don't want to lewd* the place up too much, I will however post one shot of my 4 darker skinned beauty's just for sake of skin tone comparison:

* I don't think she's lewd at all, but I know fact that I don't know where the line should be drawn, and everyone has different versions of said word...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dear fig makers. If you're struggling to shift stock just repaint your current stock gold and it'll be sold out in minutes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hot Body Muramasa arrived, and instead of posting my pics I'll just link my MFC account Luse666, pics are there, don't want to lewd* the place up too much, I will however post one shot of my 4 darker skinned beauty's just for sake of skin tone comparison:

* I don't think she's lewd at all, but I know fact that I don't know where the line should be drawn, and everyone has different versions of said word...

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing! Where did you order from? Mine just shipped.

Acid08

Banned
I never knew there was a thread dedicated to figure collecting on this site. I've only known about myfigurecollection but It's really neat to find another place to talk about this hobby. I'm relatively new to this hobby (Started collecting after I attended my first anime convention, Anime Boston 2014) I look forward to talking to you all and posting some of my monthly hauls ^_^

BTW Ive read about 10 pages and some of you have some really nice orders and I feel your pain about being poor X_X lol
Welcome! Sent you an MFC friend request.

!!
Ciel is released! Got her bundled with some other things so I'm not sure if it's an EMS-onry box or not. For her and 5 other items:
Subtotal: 59,110 JPY
Shipping: 10,700 JPY
Grand total: 69,810 JPY

ouch...critical hit...

10k for shipping O______________________O

oh man, didn't expect my Danganronpa figure collection to be so huge now. I'll need to set up a display soon.

There are what, 4 scales out? Plus some nendos and prize figs. Hoping for even more, there are a bunch of characters I would still get figures for. If a DR2 anime happens then maybe we'll get more, if not then prolly not ;_;

omlet

Actually, on the note of DETOLF and stuff, since I have been asked several times about my setup, I finally put together a blog post on MFC that consolidates it all in one place. Many of you have seen these pictures as I first posted them, but if anyone wants to refer back to it or if any new folks haven't read back in the old posts/thread about it, here's a link:

Building a Better DETOLF

Did you figure out what you're doing above your TV yet?
I haven't done anything yet. I am leaning towards not putting nendos up there and instead getting 2 more DETOLF and putting them on a 36"x16" raiser (half width of my others) against a different wall. Will depend on whether or not I can find anyone to make an IKEA run for me soon :p

Ooops I somehow missed this reply sorry >_< and yeah I got her from Ixu's was a really great price and cheap shipping. Will do! The bedroom furniture set should be in by the second week of March so I'll give some pictures of my room and my collection. and wow thats an absolutely beautiful setup!
Yeah, it was my first time importing from them but I had no issues. And for more on the setup, see the link above!

I was under the assumption that SAL registered was the second best option behind EMS.
It is, so far as I know. SAL Parcel is the one that's terrible.
SAL Parcel can ship things that are too big for SAL/RSAL. It's still slow but it's cheaper than EMS (but not by a lot... that 6100 EMS shipping I just paid for 7 nendos had SAL Parcel as an option... for like 5700..... so of course I just did EMS).

10k for shipping O______________________O
I know.... O___O Ciel's box must be mega. Because I know the sizes of the other stuff are't that huge.

If any of you guys reach that magical 18k shipping like I did last month, make Amiami break it up. It was a total pain in the ass to get that box in the house lol.

LiK

What all do you have?

pretty much bought everything I could get my hands on that came out recently. and when I mean everything, I mean everything. I just don't have a lot of the older figures. I think the only old figure I have is a Junko prize figure from Manda.

omlet

If any of you guys reach that magical 18k shipping like I did last month, make Amiami break it up. It was a total pain in the ass to get that box in the house lol.

I was probably gonna have something like this lol... so I did have them break up my order because, yeah, I was thinking the box might not fit in my car and/or front door...

The part I paid yesterday shipped out today, so today's order should go out tomorrow.

I never knew there was a thread dedicated to figure collecting on this site. I've only known about myfigurecollection but It's really neat to find another place to talk about this hobby. I'm relatively new to this hobby (Started collecting after I attended my first anime convention, Anime Boston 2014) I look forward to talking to you all and posting some of my monthly hauls ^_^

BTW Ive read about 10 pages and some of you have some really nice orders and I feel your pain about being poor X_X lol

Preview: Character Vocal Series 01. Miku Hatsune Risa Ebata Ver. 1/7 Complete Figure by MAX Factory
Today's Miku figure is cute and gorgeous to the MAX! Let's see what the figure maker had in store for us when we arrived at their monthly figure preview session.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Preview: Fate/Apocrypha (Original ver.) - Jack the Ripper 1/8 Complete Figure by Phat Company
Jack the Ripper may have eluded the coppers in life but she couldn't escape my lens at the recent Phat Company figure preview session!

Fate/Apocrypha (Original ver.) - Jack the Ripper 1/8 Complete Figure [Phat Company]

Leave it to serial killer extraordinaire come Assassin of Black, Jack the Ripper, to get first blood on Fate/Apocrypha figure status, beating out even Ruler and Red Saber!
=================================
Nendoroid Plus: Major League Baseball / HELLO KITTY
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I’ve never been able to keep a game of catch going for more than a few throws… I’m just terrible when it comes to any ball games!

Today I’m going to be introducing everyone to…

Nendoroid Plus: Major League Baseball / HELLO KITTY&#9734;
o0515038213229312858.jpg

MLB / HELLO KITTY is joining the Nendoroid Family!

The popular ‘HELLO KITTY’ brand loved all around the world is joining the Nendoroid Family! The set contains ten different figures each wearing the uniform of MLB baseball teams and placed in dynamic poses you’re likely to see at a baseball match!

Each also comes with a special Nendoroid base which can be placed together to create a baseball field for them to play on – all the more reason to collect them all!
PLAY BALL!! ( &#12539;&#12610;&#12539;)&#1608;

These were sold at various baseball events and stores around November last year!

Unfortunately, they are not scheduled to be on sale overseas… but at the very least enjoy the cute photos! If you’re in Japan, sales at the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP have just opened up!

Each of the cute figures stand about 55mm in height!
They also have special stands to make a baseball ground! &#9834;
o0515033113229312859.jpg

&#9651; They’re so… relaxing to look at!!

Plus not only are they all in adorable baseball team poses… they’re also all wearing uniforms from Major League teams!!! (&#963;&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;)&#963;
---------------------------------------------------
Shigure Kai Ni
“My contribution to this victory was trivial.
It was all thanks to the rain… and you, Admiral.”
o0515044113227523992.jpg

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan) Today I’m going to be taking a look at the latest item to roll out from the GSC Naval Base!

Shigure Kai Ni! &#9825;
o0515068913227523200.jpg

From the hugely popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ comes a 1/8th scale figure of the 2nd Shiratsuyu Class Destroyer, Shigure Kai Ni! The pose is based on the illustration used on Shigure’s card in Bushiroad’s card game, ‘Wei&#946; Schwarz’ – it features different ship parts to those seen in game with a confident and powerful looking pose that fans are sure to enjoy!

Additionally, Shigure Ni Kai comes with alternate parts that allow you to display her more true to the games illustration, with the larger ship parts attached to her back and smaller turrets on her arms – a rather large variation for a scale figure. The smaller turrets on the side of the larger parts that connect to her hands, as well as the torpedo launchers on her legs are all articulated, allowing you to place them at the angle that you think suits her best!
Oooooooooooohhhh!! (´&#9633;&#65344;&#65377;)

Her skirt and hair accessory almost actually seem to be moving in this dynamic pose! A figure that shows Shigure is ready for battle! The pose comes from a card in Bushiroad’s trading card game, ‘Wei&#946; Schwarz’! The illustration by Ichiso Kujou has been very carefully transformed into a figure while keeping as much of the original charm as faithfully as possible! &#9834;

The characteristic hair sticking out at the sides seen on the ‘Kai Ni’ version is also sculpted beautifully! (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;)

The original illustration only ever showed the front of Shigure, so the back of the figure thought up and sculpted without any specific source to work with!
o0515036513227523198.jpg

This is quite a common occurrence with KanColle figures!

The original illustration is very carefully taken into consideration while the back is designed. The final design is of course checked with the publisher to ensure that nothing is out of place! The good thing is that there are lots of mecha fans at GSC, which makes coming up with how these ship parts are attached an easy task… plus they look great!
=============================
Embrace Japan reveals Original Character Tibalt official photos (regular and special ver.)
Official photos of Original Character Tibalt by Embrace Japan have finally been released today. The figure, announced and revealed unpainted back in September last year, is sculpted in a 1/8 scale standing 27 cm tall, and proposed in two different versions.

The regular edition shows Tibalt wearing a dark outfit which does a perfect color combination with her pale skin; her hair is of a deep blue color, and she’s provided with a giant spear placed in her hands, as well as a very original base, composed of a bloody skull and the now very common little frog the company is placing on their figures, just like it happened with their “Demon Squeezer” Diabolus Inclinatus (Desdemona) one.

The variant version, Dengeki special edition, sees a Tibalt with a darker skin, pink hair and on overall more light color combination, once again making a perfect contrast with her skin. Both versions are schedeled for release this year, with precise date and price still to be announced.

Original Character Tibalt (Regular ver.)
embrace_tibaltreg-1.jpg

Original Character Tibalt (Dengeki Special ver.)
embrace_tibaltspecial-1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------
“The Seven Deadly Sins” Beelzebub 1/8 Aoi no Koromo by Amakuni official announcement & painted prototype
Official announcement of variant version “Aoi no Koromo” of “The Seven Deadly Sins” Beelzebub figure manufactured by Amakuni comes today along with official photos of painted prototype.

In her 1/8 scale, Aoi no Koromo variant version of “The Seven Deadly Sins” Beelzebub share same specs with the original version of the figure; her height is of 21 cm (base is 8.5 cm), she is castoaffable, and is sculpted by Hiroshi (Sakurazensen), based on an illustration by Nishii.
amakuni_beel-intro.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------
[Updated] Flare reveals “Shining Blade” Roselinde Freya official photos and information
ETA 2/26/2015: “Shining Blade” Roselinde Freya 1/7 scale figure by Flare is now officially up for pre-order. Both price and release date are confirmed.
flare_freya-1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------
Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ Inazuma Cu-Poche by Kotobukiya up for preorder
Kotobukiya officially opens pre-orders today for their Inazuma Cu-Poche figure from popular browser game “Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~”, which was revealed painted by the company last month. Inazuma comes with three expressions including a smiling face, a serious expression, and a crying one. She’s also provided with optional parts, like extra body parts and her gear.

Following Ikazuchi Cu-Poche, which will be released in June this year, Inazuma is sculpted by BTA, scheduled for release in July 2015 and listed for a price of ¥4800.
koto_inazumacupoche-intro.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------
Preview: Nitro Super Sonic Sonico 1/6 Cheerleader Suntan ver. by Orchid Seed (preorder information)
Orchid Seed is almost ready to open pre-orders for their 1/6 scale figure of Nitro Super Sonic Sonico Cheerleader, proposed in her Suntan version. Variant of Super Sonico “Cheer Girl” figure released back in October 2014, the figure was revealed last month.

In her Suntan version, the NitroPlus mascot is sculpted in a 1/6 scale standing 30.5 cm by Tanaka Masanori and based on an illustration by Tsuji Santa.

Pre-orders for the figure will officially open tomorrow, February 27th, 2015. Price and release date are still to be announced so, for now and while waiting for pre-orders to start, here’s the official preview Orchid Seed released today.
orchid_sonicocheersuntan-1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------
X-Plus reveals “Fairy Tail” Lucy Heartfilia Gigantic Series Swimsuit ver. painted prototype (preorder information)
X-Plus releases today official painted prototype photos of their “Fairy Tail” Lucy Heartfilia Gigantic Series Swimsuit ver. figure, also revealing a variant version for the regular edition of the soft vinyl item, which was presented at Wonder Festival 2015 [Winter] earlier this month.

Lucy is proposed in a regular edition wearing a completely pink bikini, and in a variant version which sees the Fairy Tail character with a pearly white bikini decorated with hibiscus flowers.

Both versions stand 41 cm tall and are sculpted by Zenko, proposed for a price of ¥15000 each and with release date scheduled for May 2015 (the 31st according to today’s news). Variant version of Lucy will come with a eco bag decorated with the Fairy Tail logo as special bonus at Rakuten.

Pre-orders for the figures will start tomorrow, February 27th, 2015.

Regular edition.
xplus_lucygig1-1.jpg

Variant version.
xplus_lucygig2-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Preview: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super Sailor Moon S.H.Figuarts by Bandai (preorder information)
After release date announced on February 13th, Bandai releases today a rich preview for their “Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon” Super Sailor Moon S.H.Figuarts figure along with pre-order information. The action figure, which stands 14.5 cm tall, comes with a lot of optional parts and accessories, including different facial expressions, her scepter and her Moon Chalice, as well as arm replacement parts to allow a wide variety of poses.

S.H.Figuarts Super Sailor Moon will be up for pre-order starting next Monday, March 2nd, 2015 with a price of ¥4500 and release date scheduled for July 2015.
bandai_supersailomoon-1.jpg

Finally for Ultimadrago, Line has come for you:
Greet your contacts with something easier to understand than a friendly "selamat pagi" with these Nichijou Line stamps drawn by author Keiichi Arawi. As if you needed a way to make sending text over a telephone any more surreal.

Official homepage: https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/1104417/ja
preview.png
It was fine until now, but I have some financial problems on top of that so I'll have to step it down a bit lot
Sorry to hear that man, but you can join me Monster Hunting and enabling updating figures to the peeps here ;D

SoldnerKei

Actually, on the note of DETOLF and stuff, since I have been asked several times about my setup, I finally put together a blog post on MFC that consolidates it all in one place. Many of you have seen these pictures as I first posted them, but if anyone wants to refer back to it or if any new folks haven't read back in the old posts/thread about it, here's a link:

Building a Better DETOLF

thanks for sharing, I haven't read this, awesome work!

well, if they make a Marine General EX line, Kanon, Sorrento, Io & Baian are a must, poor poseidon arc finally getting some love lol

also kinda salty with that Lucy figure(yeah Lucy in yet another bikini), I'll be waiting forever for Levy to have a figure...

Zerojul

Myth Cloth SeaDragon is good news, but a preorder date for God Cloth Leo would be much, much better.
NXEDGE OO-Riser is as good as preordered.
OMG at those micro-transformers.
And thanks a lot for the pics, Samurai, that's a lot of work you put into this every day and it's awesome.

well, if they make a Marine General EX line, Kanon, Sorrento, Io & Baian are a must, poor poseidon arc finally getting some love lol
True, although regular Myth Cloth for the Marine Generals are among the best of the line IMO. And I'd like to see an Ex Krisaor too. And Kraken. Well, all of them in fact :)

kewlmyc

Building a Better DETOLF

I haven't done anything yet. I am leaning towards not putting nendos up there and instead getting 2 more DETOLF and putting them on a 36"x16" raiser (half width of my others) against a different wall. Will depend on whether or not I can find anyone to make an IKEA run for me soon :p

Yeah, it was my first time importing from them but I had no issues. And for more on the setup, see the link above!

SAL Parcel can ship things that are too big for SAL/RSAL. It's still slow but it's cheaper than EMS (but not by a lot... that 6100 EMS shipping I just paid for 7 nendos had SAL Parcel as an option... for like 5700..... so of course I just did EMS).

I know.... O___O Ciel's box must be mega. Because I know the sizes of the other stuff are't that huge.

Wow, I wish I was competent enough with tools and actually knew someone who had tools to be able to build something like that. I have 3 Detolfs was was wondering about buying two of these to prop them on just to make sure they don't bend over the weight.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90275844/

kewlmyc

pretty much bought everything I could get my hands on that came out recently. and when I mean everything, I mean everything. I just don't have a lot of the older figures. I think the only old figure I have is a Junko prize figure from Manda.

Do you have the Sakura prize figure?

SoldnerKei

True, although regular Myth Cloth for the Marine Generals are among the best of the line IMO. And I'd like to see an Ex Krisaor too. And Kraken. Well, all of them in fact :)

damn, I forgot Isaac! I love using him in Brave Soldiers, dunno how I forgot about him xD
and yeah, that would make 5 EX I would like to have, let's add the other 2 already xD

Einbroch

Banned
$200 FOR A GOLD SPRAY PAINTED MARIO AMIIBO HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

omlet

Wow, I wish I was competent enough with tools and actually knew someone who had tools to be able to build something like that. I have 3 Detolfs was was wondering about buying two of these to prop them on just to make sure they don't bend over the weight.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90275844/

I think those would probably work for 3 DETOLF. Depending on how sturdy it feels side-to-side you may want to put a backing on it to keep it from domino'ing (I know there's a proper word for this but I forget what it is). Since I had 4 and didn't want to split them up I need something longer than 5 feet.

Building the shelves that I built was really not hard at all, if you have access to the tools. You really just need some basic wood tools, 4 hands, and some time. As I mentioned in the post, it's my first time doing "real" carpentry and they turned out fine :D (I have done stuff like building or fixing deer blinds and other stuff on a ranch that didn't really require much precision, but nothing like this before.)

yeah, but its Mario. How many times you think they'll release a Mario amiibo?

Man just watch, the first counterfeit Amiibos will begin with the Gold Mario, someone will buy a regular Mario spray paint it Gold, fake the packaging, Gold Mario Amiibo boom and it'll probably work especially if the NFC feature is a regular Mario.

Man just watch, the first counterfeit Amiibos will begin with the Gold Mario, someone will buy a regular Mario spray paint it Gold, fake the packaging, Gold Mario Amiibo boom and it'll probably work especially if the NFC feature is a regular Mario.

Amiibowars, Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

LiK

or just sell them loose and they might go for a couple bucks as well.

You mean Nintendo isn't already doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom