• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Sayaka was my least favorite character on the show, so I only bought her kind of grudgingly to complete the set, but I wound up loving her figure. Kyoko is great too, but towards the bottom of the pack for me. Mami is actually my least favorite of the figures. Her expression is a little too plain for me, but I love her pose and the design of her outfit is maybe my overall favorite. There was a GSC Homura up on Amiami recently for not crazy price, like 8-9k or something. I guess you missed it.

I saw that Homura up there but I just couldn't swing it right now unfortunately. She averages about 10k so whatever I end up paying won't be that much more than what she was going for.

Sayaka is my favorite character from the show so I got her figure first and it didn't disappoint at all. Gorgeous sculpt.

That Madoka figure seems very readily available(can still buy her new from Ami) so I might go for her next. After Rebellion I'm not in a super rush to get a Homura figure haha.

kewlmyc

Loved the Madoka series, but still not sure how I feel about the movie, despite watching it in theaters two years ago. Gonna buy it and watch the whole series dubbed and see if I can pinpoint my feeling on the final movie.

You can probably tell who my favorite character is.

So I paid like $4 for this little Merida and she is actually a lot cooler than I thought she would be. She'll look great next to my Banshee when it is done being painted.

f6xh3Hm.jpg

Edit. Also Samurai is gorgeous. That is all.

Acid08

Banned
Loved the Madoka series, but still not sure how I feel about the movie, despite watching it in theaters two years ago. Gonna buy it and watch the whole series dubbed and see if I can pinpoint my feeling on the final movie.

You can probably tell who my favorite character is.

Part of the problem with it for me is where it ends. Not so much what actually happened but it just doesn't feel like a conclusion at all. It was basically Empire Strikes Back in the way it played out at the end. Empire got a sequel though, hopefully the same happens here.

$200 FOR A GOLD SPRAY PAINTED MARIO AMIIBO HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

I don't have a picture adequate for what i'm feelign .

Can't believe it.

SoldnerKei

Sayaka is my favorite character from the show so I got her figure first and it didn't disappoint at all. Gorgeous sculpt.

same here Sayaka is my fav, not only because she has swords(I instantly love swordie characters) with her story I kind of felt bad for her and I felt related to her reasons to become a Mahou Shoujo, also my first scale was Sayaka P:... but I also like Mami, she is pretty badass(that fight in
Rebellion
omg), her outfit is pretty damn good, and what a lovely pair of
hair drills

Ultimadrago

If Madoka is only a middling show, then Nichijou is only good for wiping poop with.

Did you come up with that one all by yourself? There's a doggie biscuit in the top shelf.

u wot m8?

Posting one of the worst offenders in of the series does not refute my statement. Sayaka's motivation and descent into madness is so poorly executed because of the petty nature of her transformation.
Her selfless wish turn selfish desire is an interesting concept trounced from the fact that she digs a pit for herself and freely skydives into it (metaphorically speaking). It's difficult to offer remorse or sympathy for a character that has a sense of logic rivaling a roach approaching a RAID bait. Even taking age and immediate mahou context into consideration, her choices ranging from holding back from Kyou to allowing corruption had a clear right and wrong option going into them, to which she would consistently take the latter in name of love and depression. No grey here.
That's not healthily flawed characterization, it's bad characterization.

omlet

want to buy her badly while she's still in stock, but Jubilee is coming out soon and I'm broke. What do I do?!?
Pray that she doesn't skyrocket in preowned and snag as soon as you can!

Did you come up with that one all by yourself? There's a doggie biscuit in the top shelf

Yum!

Actually one of my teachers in middle school would jokingly say that about stuff he didn't think highly of. It's basically the main thing I remember about that guy lol

And as mentioned before I don't really think that lowly of nichijou. It didn't engage me but I can see the appeal.

kewlmyc

Part of the problem with it for me is where it ends. Not so much what actually happened but it just doesn't feel like a conclusion at all. It was basically Empire Strikes Back in the way it played out at the end. Empire got a sequel though, hopefully the same happens here.

I know they said that they have no future plans for a sequel, but I don't see anyone believing them.

Acid08

Banned
Did you come up with that one all by yourself? There's a doggie biscuit in the top shelf.

Posting one of the worst offenders in of the series does not refute my statement. Sayaka's motivation and descent into madness is so poorly executed because of the petty nature of her transformation.
Her selfless wish turn selfish desire is an interesting concept trounced from the fact that she digs a pit for herself and freely skydives into it (metaphorically speaking). It's difficult to offer remorse or sympathy for a character that has a sense of logic rivaling a roach approaching a RAID bait. Even taking age and immediate mahou context into consideration, her choices ranging from holding back from Kyou to allowing corruption had a clear right and wrong option going into them, to which she would consistently take the latter in name of love and depression. No grey here.

If I'm remembering correctly it's said that whatever wish you make WILL have an opposite reaction in equal proportion to what you wished for. Everything that happened to her after was a direct result of the wish she got granted, that's the way of things in that universe. I think you're dismissing the power of the emotions behind her wish far too easily. And expecting logic and reasoning to override her thinking in such an emotionally charged, weird situation is unreasonable.

chrono01

Sorry to hear this, but with your 60% tax on stuff it's not hard to believe, may you recover swiftly...

----------------

Hot Body Muramasa arrived, and instead of posting my pics I'll just link my MFC account Luse666, pics are there, don't want to lewd* the place up too much, I will however post one shot of my 4 darker skinned beauty's just for sake of skin tone comparison:

* I don't think she's lewd at all, but I know fact that I don't know where the line should be drawn, and everyone has different versions of said word...
Nice, thanks for the picture!

I should receive mine tomorrow. Hopefully [EMS].

Also:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/42952941.html

商品受注時に掲載された写真の状態が再現可能な「穴の開いていない差し替え用のボディパーツ(水着着用なし)」を発送させていただきます。

It sounds like they'll be shipping out replacement bodies [sans swimsuit] for all orders. That means no paint transfer/peg holes. O_O

I really hope N-Y acts as a medium for this. They should, considering I purchased her from them.

RMI

Banned

Is it poorly executed though? I've seen people act in crazier ways IRL. She seems positively sane in regards to what I've seen recently.

SoldnerKei

those are some reasons of why I liked her, everything regarding her transformation into a witch was a big fucked up decision and she knew it, after all if whatishisface-kun would end up with her, she was still a "zombie"-girl, and between her helping others but not helping herself mentality you could see more or less what this "despair" that magical girls eventually fall into is like, but yeah, her reasons & examples were pretty childish(like she getting mad at those guys in the train lol) but still gave us a hint

to me she was pretty much the typical magic girl steriotype(saving others, happy endings, etc) that doesn't work on her world/rules, someone good who made bad desicions, something that some people can relate to, maybe why I feel sorry for her :'D

All anime sucks, let's not argue. Except Listen to Me Girls, I Am Your Father!! Dat shit da bomb.

it was Persona Waifu wars a few pages back, now it's Madoka wars!! j/k

I like to know the opinion of others regarding those shows, because you can end up seeing something from a different perspective

Einbroch

Banned
This is what I think is happening anytime anyone tells me to watch Oreimo.

The premise of Oreimo is actually quite good, and it has it's moments.

Then it goes full wtf. Reminds of me Sword Art Online. Harmless, kinda fun, not bad, then...jesuswhatdidyoudo.

kewlmyc

This is what I think is happening anytime anyone tells me to watch Oreimo.

Oreimo was hilarious from an outsider's perspective due to the western fans slowly realizing that the show was exactly what the title suggested it was towards the end of the series.

Ultimadrago

Yum!

Actually one of my teachers in middle school would jokingly say that about stuff he didn't think highly of. It's basically the main thing I remember about that guy lol

And as mentioned before I don't really think that lowly of nichijou. It didn't engage me but I can see the appeal.

cd8i0jcb.gif

If I'm remembering correctly it's said that whatever wish you make WILL have an opposite reaction in equal proportion to what you wished for. Everything that happened to her after was a direct result of the wish she got granted, that's the way of things in that universe. I think you're dismissing the power of the emotions behind her wish far too easily. And expecting logic and reasoning to override her thinking in such an emotionally charged, weird situation is unreasonable.

I suppose that's a case. Emotional charges can lead to crazy reactions. Still rather drastic spiral though.

those are some reasons of why I liked her, everything regarding her transformation into a witch was a big fucked up decision and she knew it, after all if whatishisface-kun would end up with her, she was still a "zombie"-girl, and between her helping others but not helping herself mentality you could see more or less what this "despair" that magical girls eventually fall into is like, but yeah, her reasons & examples were pretty childish(like she getting mad at those guys in the train lol) but still gave us a hint

to me she was pretty much the typical magic girl steriotype(saving others, happy endings, etc) that doesn't work on her world/rules, someone good who made bad desicions, something that some people can relate to, maybe why I feel sorry for her :'D

I can't be mad at this. ;__;

Is it poorly executed though? I've seen people act in crazier ways IRL. She seems positively sane in regards to what I've seen recently.

I would question who you've seen recently (besides Florida_Man)! But people do be crazy tho.

Oreimo was hilarious from an outsider's perspective due to the western fans slowly realizing that the show was exactly what the title suggested it was towards the end of the series.

I had the feeling something was close to that was gonna happen. I was right.

I'm not weirded out tho.

Since this is anime time right now, I'm trying to catch up on Reconguista and dear lord, this is my reaction:

Even following the episodes it seems like there is a couple missing, like I'm only watching odd numbered episodes.

Is there anyway to pay for stuff at AmiAmi other than PayPal? For some reason it's forcing me to create an account, which it never did before.

And since when did this bullshit start, anyway?

kewlmyc

Join us folks ;D
Though even I'm not sure what we'll talk about in there XD

What the hell is this?

Eh, will join will I get home. I'm 20 hours into MH4U and I think I'm ready to go online with my scrubby dual swordsman once I'm done grinding Kut-ku armor (fuck this monster, seriously).

johnsmith

remember me
Cool. I have to e-mail them directly, or is there a link buried on their site? I'll go poke around, but any insight would be appreciated.

After Satan is paid for, I have no more figures lingering... Feels good, man. Feels good.
Log in and there's an option to modify shipping and payment method on your orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom