• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of the figure game for so long that I forgot about the hellish anticipation that comes from seeing your figure clear customs, but not go out for delivery...

And though a bit late to the party, I swore up and down that I'd only buy figures related to the games I've worked on (Miku is an exception, life is just better with Miku figures around). I've been MOSTLY successful, but with the coming storm of GG stuff, I'm pretty much doomed...

Which reminds me, I still need to pre-order Kokonoe...

I've been out of the figure game for so long that I forgot about the hellish anticipation that comes from seeing your figure clear customs, but not go out for delivery...

And though a bit late to the party, I swore up and down that I'd only buy figures related to the games I've worked on (Miku is an exception, life is just better with Miku figures around). I've been MOSTLY successful, but with the coming storm of GG stuff, I'm pretty much doomed...

Which reminds me, I still need to pre-order Kokonoe...
I like your taste in games at least!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
lewd leaf gaf, never forget.
iEVDAeekuc7zc.png

Normally with SAL its like a week after it leaves Japan it finally arrives in the US.
Used EMS on that Jill statue I previously mentioned as im finally making decent money lately, it leaves Japan yesterday afternoon check this morning it already arrived in the US early this morning.

Definitely pricy though, cost me nearly 3,000¥ on a 3,500¥ figure.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Dayam, Hot Toys Hulkbuster is $824.99. Who else getting? LOL

It doesn't come out until Q3 2016, by the time it hits the states it'll be like Decemeber 2016, no rush to pre-order a suit that's gonna be in the movie for a few minutes before Hulk smashes it to bits, I'll wait until after I see the movie.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
How long do pre orders usually stay up? Won't know about that job for 2 weeks.

Like everything in this hobby, it's varies by figure, I'd like to say you should have no trouble still getting your pre-order in two weeks but I can't guarantee it... Even if you miss it, it's just a MegaHouse Excellent Model figure, not many of them get expensive down the line or hard to find...

----------------

ThreeZero are planning on making 4 Berserk figures:

So sounds like Casa/Skull Knight and 2 others tbc....

I'd wager Berserk Armored Guts wouldn't be out of the question seeing as Medicom did band of the Hawk Guts, and the upcoming Black Swordman Guts, and that would leave the fourth figure as maybe Griffith or Femto...

Six Nendos set up and I'm already exhausted...
Lol take breaks... Lots and lots of breaks...

Better to take your time and get 'em just like you want them, then to just get them up and out of their boxes...

Like everything in this hobby, it's varies by figure, I'd like to say you should have no trouble still getting your pre-order in two weeks but I can't guarantee it... Even if you miss it, it's just a MegaHouse Excellent Model figure, not many of them get expensive down the line or hard to find...

Better to take your time and get 'em just like you want them, then to just get them up and out of their boxes...

Ok cool. Also I don't have any Nendos, are they a pain in the ass to display or what?

----------------

ThreeZero are planning on making 4 Berserk figures:

So sounds like Casa/Skull Knight and 2 others tbc....

I'd wager Berserk Armored Guts wouldn't be out of the question seeing as Medicom did band of the Hawk Guts, and the upcoming Black Swordman Guts, and that would leave the fourth figure as maybe Griffith or Femto...

How much ThreeZero figures usually go for? And will these figures be released this year?

Do we know why Sega makes those figures? I know this may sound silly, but I'm looking for something beyond "for the money", etc. Why them?

Wouldn't Sega own the arcades or have multiple games there so its probably cheap enough for them to make the figures to give incentive for people to go to their arcades.

Come for the chance to get a figure, burn the rest of your money at something else there.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Ok cool. Also I don't have any Nendos, are they a pain in the ass to display or what?

Not that bad individually, but Ein's entire collection is 99% nendo so yeah, that would be a pain to most anyone. It's the good kinda pain though, because when you get it how you want they look good...

How much ThreeZero figures usually go for? And will these figures be released this year?
They can go from $100 - $230 so far, it all depends on the figure. They don't have a prototype of anything yet, so if we are lucky we might see on before years end. They are wasting their time on the new Robocop and TMNT movie figures :(

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So after letting the high wear off, I've been looking at danganronpa figures for a few hours, and sorta settled on just these three for now:

Might get the Monokuma, and Monomi nendo's if after getting the Phat figures I think I need more. Sad there isn't at least a Hajime nendo...

I wanted this:

But that second shot is awful, does she really look that bad in hand?

None of the prize figures do much for me, and the two Koto figures of Hajime and Nagito don't float my boat either. I thought about getting the Koto one coin sets, but
considering how half the cast has a second look through most of the game it feels like there should have been a third set of figures... I mean it's not Fuyuhiko without an eye patch.

Also no Aoi, Akane, Peko, Sonia, or Mikan scales are right up their with Ragyo in terms of "why the fuck don't these people want my money"...

kewlmyc

So after letting the high wear off, I've been looking at danganronpa figures for a few hours, and sorta settled on just these three for now:

Might get the Monokuma, and Monomi nendo's if after getting the Phat figures I think I need more. Sad there isn't at least a Hajime nendo...

I wanted this:

None of the prize figures do much for me, and the two Koto figures of Hajime and Nagito don't float my boat either. I thought about getting the Koto one coin sets, but
considering how half the cast has a second look through most of the game it feels like there should have been a third set of figures... I mean it's not Fuyuhiko without an eye patch.

Also no Aoi, Akane, Peko, Sonia, or Mikan scales are right up their with Ragyo in terms of "why the fuck don't these people want my money"...

I have the Junko and really like it, but her hair color is darker than in the prerelease shots, so it depends on how picky you are about details. You should be able to get her for pretty cheap.

They can go from $100 - $230 so far, it all depends on the figure. They don't have a prototype of anything yet, so if we are lucky we might see on before years end. They are wasting their time on the new Robocop and TMNT movie figures :(

Sort of relieved, I want the figures but need to budget for them.

johnsmith

remember me
I wanted this:

What are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with her in the 2nd pic besides that it's a crappy cell phone pic. I've had her since day 1 and love it.

I guess some people were upset she has brown instead of pink or blonde hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom