• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach Queens hoarders are like Amiibo hoarders.
They were
cheap, cute, and collectible. Then they looked back on their collection and said realized how boring and low quality they were, sold them, and now collect real figures.

I wouldn't buy it but I thought the Ryuko was nice looking. They are mostly generic. the Saber one annoys me snice it seems like they increased her bust size.

SoldnerKei

Beach Queens hoarders are like Amiibo hoarders.
They were
cheap, cute, and collectible. Then they looked back on their collection and said realized how boring and low quality they were, sold them, and now collect real figures.

this post totally nails it

I almost got Tomoe Mami first Beach Queen, then I saw a few pics from users in MFC and was kinda turned down, not as much for the boring, but for the quality weird looking at some parts & her butt :x and by that time it was like 60dlls everywhere, nope

Einbroch

Banned
Speaking of Nendos am I the only one who has trouble getting their legs to go in different ways? Like that Kaga pic?

I always just end up leaving them alone....

Probably a really stupid question to a Nendo Lover Extraordinaire like yourself, but you are twisting them at the top, right?

I wouldn't buy it but I thought the Ryuko was nice looking. They are mostly generic. the Saber one annoys me snice it seems like they increased her bust size.

I more meant the hoarders, not the people who buy the occasional one. I also think the Ryuko one looks nice. The Saber one is my favorite, bust size increase and all.

Einbroch

Banned
would you guys get a Beach Queens if you knew that was the only way that character would ever get a figure?

Sure. Nothing wrong with them, for the most part. I think they've gone up in price a bit recently, which is a shame, but they're not horrible quality or anything. I just think that swimsuit figures are boresville.

Wanderer5

No Kaga? :eek:

I mean just look at this

FIGURE-006053_03.jpg

Just went to change her pose on mine before coming here to see that.:p She sooooo good.

omlet

Gotta prioritize with the budget being what it is ;_;.

I will probably go with Kaga. Dunno. This is getting dangerous. I have an effectively unlimited budget but the more I order the more it makes me re-evaluate my life...

Anyone considering getting Kaga or Akagi without the other is really doing it wrong. You're also doing yourself a disservice because once you get one you'll decide you need the other and will just have to pay more shipping for your inevitable second purchase.

Josephl64

Sure. Nothing wrong with them, for the most part. I think they've gone up in price a bit recently, which is a shame, but they're not horrible quality or anything. I just think that swimsuit figures are boresville.

I guess I don't find the swimsuits boring...then again I don't own any figures that have them.

I would generally agree but how can you resist this.

Funnily enough I was thinking about Kay from GuP, but then I realized there's a premium polystone line? How is that?

Zelda & Samus beach queen would be something that I would seriously think in getting P:

Probably, also definitely a Peach.

Anyone considering getting Kaga or Akagi without the other is really doing it wrong. You're also doing yourself a disservice because once you get one you'll decide you need the other and will just have to pay more shipping for your inevitable second purchase.

See I am only going to get Kaga to make the current squad on the show. I wouldn't display her with Akagi even if I got both.

Probably a really stupid question to a Nendo Lover Extraordinaire like yourself, but you are twisting them at the top, right?

Ya I do, they just seem odd to move around sometimes.

Nah the hands and legs are my least favourite parts of nendos. So fiddly.

Ah ya the arms can be a pain too.

Just went to change her pose on mine before coming here to see that.:p She sooooo good.

Soon as I opened mine I knew I had to display her like this lol

Theonik

Easily. :p

Cute is cute, but boring cute is just wasted potential.
You understimate my love for fluffy hair and hats I guess.

OK you win. This reminds me of the Ninchijou nendos. I was skipping buying them for some time because I could never quite find them both. Now they go for at least 11k each I think.

Zerojul

God this is cute. I really need to avoid watching Kancolle at all costs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I got my small-ish Amiami January order today....

With the Yellow Sticker of Doom™ :(

I could have avoided customs if I had shipped separately I think. Grouping was a poor decision in that case. Oh well.

SD Convoy/Optimus look like it will be a lot of fun and easy to build, glad I preordered Megatron to go with him. I'll put Starscream on my MFC wishlist, too :p

Einbroch

Banned
Been seriously considering switching to Amazon at some point. I have yet to pull the trigger on a order from there though.

The unfortunate thing with Amazon is their selection is awful for international users. They have like 15-20 Nendos available at any moment, and only like half that are for preorder are able to be shipped internationally.

The unfortunate thing with Amazon is their selection is awful for international users. They have like 15-20 Nendos available at any moment, and only like half that are for preorder are able to be shipped internationally.

Ah ok...maybe stick to artbooks with them at least. I am getting tired of paying for the crazy shipping from Ami with them.

Two sunk, impressive work Admiral omlet.

God this is cute. I really need to avoid watching Kancolle at all costs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I got my small-ish Amiami January order today....

With the Yellow Sticker of Doom™ :(

I could have avoided customs if I had shipped separately I think. Grouping was a poor decision in that case. Oh well.

SD Convoy/Optimus look like it will be a lot of fun and easy to build, glad I preordered Megatron to go with him. I'll put Starscream on my MFC wishlist, too :p

Props for that Alteisen. That's my favorite mecha design, maybe ever.

Einbroch

Banned
But with private warehouse you can go even crazier in combined shipping! Prices are pretty comparable usually I find.

I'm a little confused. Private Warehouse seems like they're hold orders for 60 days so you can ship them out any way you want. Like AmiAmi's combined monthly shipping, only with a greater deal of flexibility. So you can split orders into smaller, SAL orders or combine them in such a way that you can avoid EMS. But you can technically do that on AmiAmi if you email them. Private Warehouse sounds great, but Nendos are like 20% cheaper on AmiAmi, so that's worth the hassle of sending them an email, imo.

AmiAmi's is technically a thirty day hold at most, so 60 is great, yeah. Cancellation thing, sure. Duh, that's awesome. But I don't preorder things I can't afford. SELF CONTROL, PEOPLE.

AmiAmi's is technically a thirty day hold at most, so 60 is great, yeah. Cancellation thing, sure. Duh, that's awesome. But I don't preorder things I can't afford. SELF CONTROL, PEOPLE.

Normally I do as well, but I've had a couple of "shit happens" moments over the years that makes that flexibility worthwhile.

Theonik

Normally I do as well, but I've had a couple of "shit happens" moments over the years that makes that flexibility worthwhile.
That and often pre-orders end or things go out of stock before I am able to determine by budget for a month. Especially with things popping up all the time.
It's nice to be able to secure an order then decide your priorities later.

That and often pre-orders end or things go out of stock before I am able to determine by budget for a month. Especially with things popping up all the time.
It's nice to be able to secure an order then decide your priorities later.

Yep...I've got a lot of life stuff going on so budgeting is tricky business certainly for the rest of this year, probably next year too. The more flexibility I have, the better.

omlet

Okay, you all broke me (I'm weak). Ordered Kaga from HLJ.

OK you win. This reminds me of the Ninchijou nendos. I was skipping buying them for some time because I could never quite find them both. Now they go for at least 11k each I think.

Pupupupupupupupu!

See I am only going to get Kaga to make the current squad on the show. I wouldn't display her with Akagi even if I got both.

Am I gonna have to torpedo you, too?

Best part about the KanColle Nendos? Beside the adorableness of course, all the extra Furniture they come with :3

That's what tipped the scales for me getting Kaga, Akagi, and the Kongou sisters.

Not Nendo but I didn't even consider Kaga until I had Figma Akagi in my hand,
Now I really feel that she needs her sister.

Sadly I have to wait as I haven't seen Kaga for a decent price, amiami had a preowned for $80 is the cheapest I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom