• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
millia's hair is the forbidden beast angra. She fights with it in generally the most badass way any character that fights with hair does. (I like her more than bayonetta)

the figure seems to be based on her primary GGXrd art

Great character design, looks like a great transition to the figure (if painted right)

Zerojul

To be fair they already do that it's called the RG (Real Grade) line of kits. Besides that they'd have to re-engineer the entire kit so they'd probably outright cancel it before changing the scale on anything.

Yes, of course, I know about the RG line. What I meant was changing the real size of an annouced set suddenly, like, say Bandai annouced a 18cm MG Z-II that out of nowhere became a 14cm kit along the production process (ridiculous scenario, I know). But that's apparently an entirely different thing here, that's just a more accurate labelling for the scale of the figure. No harm done :)

Hot Toys I go two ways:
A) Straight outta C̶o̶m̶p̶t̶o̶n̶ Hong Kong, almost always ends up the same price as ordering one from Sideshow, only I get it right away.

Do you have a regulate seller on eBay or something or do you use an online shop like Animarket ? I think I won't have the patience to wait for my local dealers to get their figs for long. Might as well spend a few more bucks and get them earlier.

omlet

I would like to request some advice guys. Having a fair number of poseable figures, I've had a couple of accidents.

I've never had to fix anything this tiny, but for assembling miniatures for boardgames and for fixing a couple figures, I've had success with medium consistency model glue (fairly thin stuff like superglue, not a thick adhesive). I got a small bottle for like $3 at Hobby Lobby and a little bit goes a long way just like with super glue. You just need to make sure you only apply a little bit so that it doesn't make a mess. It will adhere just fine to painted surfaces but it will also make a mess if you let it smear/run on painted surfaces (as in it will leave glue film, not like it dissolves the paint).

Fixing Aigis' accessory may be difficult because of how it's shaped and how small it is but I'm sure it would work for the fin-hand on the second picture since it has a small peg you could dab a little bit of glue on.

Stuff I've had success using it on:

Assembling the entire Super Dungeon Explorer miniatures set. Not my picture but you can get the idea. I don't have mine painted but I did assemble them all and some of the joints are very small (weapons, hands, etc.).

Fixing a scale figure's broken base. Figure has metal peg in foot, plastic base actually had a small piece crack off so the figure couldn't stand up. A dab of glue fixed the base and now the figure stands good as new.

Nendoroid petite hand that kept popping out. Since they're not able to be posed to the extent that real nendos are (hand not designed to turn at the wrist, in this case), I just glued it in.

I can't remember what it was (I think it was a nendo) but I know there was something else where I had a situation like what you mention on the Amatsukaze's turret's fin and I got tired of the piece popping out so I just used a tiny dot of glue to put an end to that.

posting on the first page

just so there's some actual content, I ordered these two weeks ago

B9SrOVQCMAE4Qde.jpg

You bought the whole petit madoka set? How much did the whole box run you? Im so jealous.

I've never had to fix anything this tiny, but for assembling miniatures for boardgames and for fixing a couple figures, I've had success with medium consistency model glue (fairly thin stuff like superglue, not a thick adhesive). I got a small bottle for like $3 at Hobby Lobby and a little bit goes a long way just like with super glue. You just need to make sure you only apply a little bit so that it doesn't make a mess. It will adhere just fine to painted surfaces but it will also make a mess if you let it smear/run on painted surfaces (as in it will leave glue film, not like it dissolves the paint).

Fixing Aigis' accessory may be difficult because of how it's shaped and how small it is but I'm sure it would work for the fin-hand on the second picture since it has a small peg you could dab a little bit of glue on.

Stuff I've had success using it on:

Assembling the entire Super Dungeon Explorer miniatures set. Not my picture but you can get the idea. I don't have mine painted but I did assemble them all and some of the joints are very small (weapons, hands, etc.).

Fixing a scale figure's broken base. Figure has metal peg in foot, plastic base actually had a small piece crack off so the figure couldn't stand up. A dab of glue fixed the base and now the figure stands good as new.

Nendoroid petite hand that kept popping out. Since they're not able to be posed to the extent that real nendos are (hand not designed to turn at the wrist, in this case), I just glued it in.

I can't remember what it was (I think it was a nendo) but I know there was something else where I had a situation like what you mention on the Amatsukaze's turret's fin and I got tired of the piece popping out so I just used a tiny dot of glue to put an end to that.

Thank you! I had considered using model glue, but was unsure if it was safe to use. It may be hard to see because it's so tiny, but that bullet has a little tab that fits into a little slot on the fire bit. It just won't stay without adhesive.

I had the idea of dabbing a toothpick into a bit of adhesive, and tapping that on the slots of both pieces, because in both cases a drop is too much.

EDIT:
I did this with Nichijou. No regrets.

There's a Nichijou Petit line? WHERE!?

Oh god I searched Nendoroid Petit on ebay. There are so many.

Lucky Star, Nichijou, Black Rock Shooter, Watamote, K-On!...

What pandora's box did you unleash on me!?

EDIT: Kan Colle too!!

Bring money... they aren't cheap now, and they've been out for a couple of years.

ibkqGrKJJh7u8g.jpg

I'm willing to poop out a good bit. I'm a sucker for the petit's.

Might make a good surprise present for HD too since he's obsessed. :)

I didn't realize you could buy whole sets over just a few of these boxes. >.>

My problem with Ebay is that a lot of those look off brand. Like poor replications. I would hate to spend a ton of money on those and they end up being fake. I've heard terrible stories so ordering on there always worries me.

My problem with Ebay is that a lot of those look off brand. Like poor replications. I would hate to spend a ton of money on those and they end up being fake. I've heard terrible stories so ordering on there always worries me.

Yeah, if I find something I like on ebay, I usually do a bit of research to find if there's somewhere better to buy it first.

Also, I found the best Nendoroid line ever. I'm shocked you guys kept this hidden from me for so long.

Theonik

They are trading figures so you're looking at some really annoying stuff too. What we should do is Nendo Petite pools here. We could get a system going. The idea is simple.
Each box will have a fixed number of figs with no dupes but you are not guaranteed to get all you want from 1-2 boxes. So we could consolidate dupes this way and trade them among ourselves in bulk.

They are trading figures so you're looking at some really annoying stuff too. What we should do is Nendo Petite pools here. We could get a system going. The idea is simple.
Each box will have a fixed number of figs with no dupes but you are not guranteed to get all you want from 1-2 boxes. So we could consolidate dupes this way and trade them among ourselves in bulk.

I would be down with that idea for certain series. I'm at my budget limit until late march though.

BadWolf

Saw this Hayao Miyazaki awesomeness on hlj:

yy1jcYt.jpg

Too bad it's a kit that you have to put together or I would have been all over it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Opened one. Just one.

Got
_best
girl.

Yep. I'm glad I got these. Super cute.

Well I might consider picking up a box as they are still available. With a second set of petites already announced I don't expect a third and if there is one they may do an iM@S and just recolour them (iM@S really needs a new set of petites since the old faces are kind of bland).

StayDead

I've got two of the sets of iDOLM@STER petits, the K-ON set, the Angel Beats sets, some vocaloid ones and a Photokano special edition one of the little sister character.

No more. Not for now, they're a pain to set up and they take up so much space o_o

LOL

I order directly from Sideshow for a lot of reasons:
A) I'm impatient
B) If it has an EX like Hellboy it's the only way to get it
C) If anything is broken Sideshow will take care of it right away, directly...
D) Shipping is dirt cheap, BBTS will charge 3 to 4 times the shipping price Sideshow does...

Hot Toys I go two ways:
A) Straight outta C̶o̶m̶p̶t̶o̶n̶ Hong Kong, almost always ends up the same price as ordering one from Sideshow, only I get it right away.
B) UK seller, depends on how much I want the figure

All good reasons. The shipping is the biggest surprise, which is apparently $40 for QOTD. Won't be trapped in customs either since FedEx use the bill you later method.

As for HT, I'm still waiting on my IM Heartbreaker from OSB. I know they've had difficulties, but I might switch it up next time.

Theonik

Are Petits random then? That's interesting. Never even heard of them.
They come in many forms. Sometimes when they are bundled in an LE or something they are pre-defined. But they usually sell them as random trading figures.

Fate/Stay Night TYPE MOON -10th Anniversary- Saber 10th Royal Dress ver. by Stronger, Aniplex up for preorder
Aniplex recently opened pre-orders for their 1/7 scale figure of Fate/Stay Night TYPE MOON -10th Anniversary- Saber in her 10th Royal Dress version. The figure was on display at Wonder Festival 2015 Winter last Sunday, teased a couple of times both as unpainted and painted prototype, and is now up for pre-order until April 17th, 2015.

Sculpted by Hiroshi (Sakurazensen) in a 1/7 scale, Saber 10th Royal Dress ver. stands 25 cm tall and is scheduled for release in September 2015 with a price of ¥14040, is manufactured by Stronger and distributed by Aniplex, exclusive to Aniplex+ Web Shop.
aniplex_saber10th-1.jpg
aniplex_saber10th-2.jpg

===========================================
Preview: 7th Dragon 2020-II Lucier 1/7 by Flare (preorder information)
Flare reveals official photos of their “7th Dragon 2020-II” Lucier figure along with information. First official photos of painted prototype came a while back at the beginning of this month, and now the figure is almost ready to go up for pre-order. In her 1/7 scale, 7th Dragon 2020-II Lucier is sculpted by French Doll standing 23.5 cm tall, and is based on an illustration by Miwa Shirou.

Release date is set for June 2015, with a list price of ¥11481. Pre-orders will open soon.
flare_lucierpr-1.jpg

============================================
TOY-001782.jpg

Pop-up pirate boat girl
3000 JPY
TOY-001706.jpg
TOY-001705.jpg
TOY-001708.jpg
TOY-001707.jpg

750 JPY each
TOY-000992.jpg

800 JPY
2_20150210183134a4d.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9880.html
2015y02m10d_195504620.jpg
2015y02m10d_195511590.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9949.html
aokosuki-1.jpg
aokosuki2-1.jpg

aokosuki-3.jpg
aokosuki-5.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9950.html
w-IMG6401.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/55217/
20b0cd3f.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/42713120.html
82bebfd8.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/42698542.html
Report of Wonder Festival 2015 in Winter. [Alter]
Report of Wonder Festival 2015 in Winter. [WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU!! Part.1]
Report of Wonder Festival 2015 in Winter. [WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU!! Part.2]
Report of Wonder Festival 2015 in Winter. [Kotobukiya]
Report of Wonder Festival 2015 in Winter. [Jojo]
Report of Wonder Festival 2015 in Winter. [AZONE]

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They come in many forms. Sometimes when they are bundled in an LE or something they are pre-defined. But they usually sell them as random trading figures.

Should add that you can usually buy a box which has all of them plus one spare.

Ryuuroden

Each box will have a fixed number of figs with no dupes but you are not guaranteed to get all you want from 1-2 boxes. So we could consolidate dupes this way and trade them among ourselves in bulk.

interesting idea

Saw this Hayao Miyazaki awesomeness on hlj:

yy1jcYt.jpg

Too bad it's a kit that you have to put together or I would have been all over it.

beautiful

If you just buy the "set" as it's released on amiami you're guarenteed to get all the different figures!

tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom