• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

How far did you blow up that image res wise? :p

XD I don't remember, did it a few months ago.

This is the pic I cropped it from (which is already half the resolution of the original photo). I shrank it down even more then blew it back up to make it pixelated on purpose.
3qprOE4.jpg

When I got Shinku I couldn't help but take a few pics of Suigintou trolling her.

A few others of just Suigintou http://imgur.com/a/543Xc

Ultimadrago

HLJ also allows automatic cancellations now. Also Private warehouse yooooo 1.3k yen shipping for both!

Private Warehouse is awesome, but those dolts lost me a Phat Iori pre-order. I almost wasn't able to get her for retail price because of their goof and all they responded with was "Durr". I ain't forgetting that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

You have failed me! You are meant to be the king of stealth and yet when I sent you on a SAL UNregistered mission you were caught!

Go hide under your box in shame.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
All good reasons. The shipping is the biggest surprise, which is apparently $40 for QOTD. Won't be trapped in customs either since FedEx use the bill you later method.

As for HT, I'm still waiting on my IM Heartbreaker from OSB. I know they've had difficulties, but I might switch it up next time.

OSB used to be soo good too, I'm still hoping they get back to being what they used to be, but yeah use Collectables Direct instead...

would you guys get a Beach Queens if you knew that was the only way that character would ever get a figure?

Nope...

So I got my small-ish Amiami January order today....

With the Yellow Sticker of Doom™ :(

I could have avoided customs if I had shipped separately I think. Grouping was a poor decision in that case. Oh well.

SD Convoy/Optimus look like it will be a lot of fun and easy to build, glad I preordered Megatron to go with him. I'll put Starscream on my MFC wishlist, too :p

Box of awesome... Neat the see the custom sticker though...

You have failed me! You are meant to be the king of stealth and yet when I sent you on a SAL UNregistered mission you were caught!

Yeah, feels like SAL's getting looked at harder lately, or we're all having a run of bad luck around the same time...

I can't remember when was the last time my unregistered SAL items safely passed custom check :\

omlet

awesome pics, really funny xD
Suigintou looks pretty neat, never got much into Rozen Maiden but I really like her

I avoided nendos for years. Then Suigintou got a nendo and I saw the promo shots. The RM dolls work so well in nendo form. I couldn't resist any more. I preordred. When she arrived in her stylish black and silver packaging, it was like staring into Pandora's Box throw wide open. Thus began my descent into the dream world. Suigintou nendo broke me.

(Shinku had already gotten a nendo but I didn't know about it until I saw Suigintous and went looking... had I know I might have cracked sooner.)

Rozen Maiden is fun and those two nendos are great. I wouldn't call it a great show/manga because it has some things I dislike about it, but overall it's enough of the right mix of cute, funny, and serious to appeal to me so maybe check it out.

I really hope they make some more RM nendos. Getting Suiseiseki would be the best but I'd probably buy any and all if they did more.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't buy enough to take advantage of private warehouse. Last time I tried it the one item I bought just sat on its lonesome for the whole time until I was forced to send for it.

Private Warehouse is awesome, but those dolts lost me a Phat Iori pre-order. I almost wasn't able to get her for retail price because of their goof and all they responded with was "Durr". I ain't forgetting that.
What happened?

customs seems like a bitch, glad that the states are incredibly lax
I don't mind paying customs since it's a couple of pounds. The killer is the handling charge which is something the royal mail slap on top no matter the value. If the tax is less the handling fee I think it should be wiped. You're paying for a service you didn't even request.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I avoided nendos for years. Then Suigintou got a nendo and I saw the promo shots. The RM dolls work so well in nendo form. I couldn't resist any more. I preordred. When she arrived in her stylish black and silver packaging, it was like staring into Pandora's Box throw wide open. Thus began my descent into the dream world. Suigintou nendo broke me.

(Shinku had already gotten a nendo but I didn't know about it until I saw Suigintous and went looking... had I know I might have cracked sooner.)

Rozen Maiden is fun and those two nendos are great. I wouldn't call it a great show/manga because it has some things I dislike about it, but overall it's enough of the right mix of cute, funny, and serious to appeal to me so maybe check it out.

I really hope they make some more RM nendos. Getting Suiseiseki would be the best but I'd probably buy any and all if they did more.

Loved the first 2 tv series of Rozen Maiden. The 3rd one can DIAF though.

I got into the Pullips D:

I have to say messing around with Figma Motoko more not only is her face probably the single best Figma face, of all the GitS merchandise it is the best representation of SAC Motoko.
The facial expressions are absolutely perfect, her lips even have separate colors as well as the smallest black lines ever to give a sense of depth.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been stuck on the MFC signup page for ages trying to think of a unique username. In 2015 all websites should offer changeable usernames!

omlet

Loved the first 2 tv series of Rozen Maiden. The 3rd one can DIAF though.

D: I liked the third series... I mean it's quite different, but I liked it, too.
Okay, maybe partly that was just because I'm actually tsundere for Rozen Maiden and it had been a long time since the first two shows and OVA.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
D: I liked the third series... I mean it's quite different, but I liked it, too.
Okay, maybe partly that was just because I'm actually tsundere for Rozen Maiden and it had been a long time since the first two shows and OVA.

I loved the 3rd one too. I really like the new art style, especially Suigintou. The manga just ended not long ago, unfortunately the translation is really slow since it is not that popular.

Oh glorious Griffon, please deliver a great Suigin. I will never talk trash about you again.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So last week I discovered that staining wood does not work when there are glue stains. I guess you're supposed to scrape it off and such, but that's kinda hard when you're doing miniature-scale, and using fragile Balsa wood. Acetone and cotton swabs didn't solve it either.

Next time - use less glue and work more cleanly! For now I'm waiting on some acrylic paint to arrive.

They really should just make new Nendoroid Play Sets dammit, or re-release the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom