• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

I'm probably going NY, then getting them through their France shipping. A big package like that, I can be sure to get custom charges.

Really wonder if NY will also have a Mami available after launch. After all, I think I got my Homura that way from them.

Are there no official Aniplex distributors in Europe (like Rightstuf is here for US and Canada)?

It was the classic collector internal debate:

It's so damned expensive.

Is she on the List of Figures You'll Definitely Get?

Yes.

So you'll definitely get her one day?

Yes.

And the price will just go up, the longer you wait, right?

Yes.

So the cheapest you'll probably ever get her at is this price, right now.

Yes.

So the best time to buy her is at this precise moment.

Yes.

(Click.)

tumblr_ls04uzIryo1qcn7d7.gif

Hahaha, that gif is perfect. I know what I'll be using ITT from now on.

Yaari

Are there no official Aniplex distributors in Europe (like Rightstuf is here for US and Canada)?

For Mami? I think just resellers. The cheapest I found was 159 EUR. And that was excluding like, 15 EUR shipping from Germany. Thats like 190USD. Pretty ridiculous.

Funko Pops are $12-$20 (for the crazy ones), and they're incredibly prolific. If there is any - any - even somewhat-popular western IP, there will usually be a Funko Pop series for it. Now, there are some I'm sure who just love the designs of them (I love a nicely deformed riff on a popular character, myself), and for others, the Funko Pop line permits you to collect display figures for characters you don't anticipate will ever get a better fig. Given that the style, size and quality of the Funkos are consistent across the line, you can put together a fine little collection for your property of choice at a very reasonable price.

For example, last night, I finally ordered my holy grail - the Alter Selvaria Bles.

dxO5QQQ.jpg

Yay! Pricy as hell!

For less than half of her cost - for about the launch cost of any high-end scaled fig, in fact - the GF and I have been able to put together a display of the entire Adventure Time main cast in vinyl form:

h4rmMtg.jpg

And I suspect no one needs to explain the appeal of that.

Selvaria is one of my favorite characters/figures, and I still want to kick myself when I think I had the opportunity to buy many versions of her (swimsuit one, the one that you bought, the new vertex one), but I already had things coming so I couldn't.

Ryuuroden

Funko Pops are $12-$20 (for the crazy ones), and they're incredibly prolific. If there is any - any - even somewhat-popular western IP, there will usually be a Funko Pop series for it. Now, there are some I'm sure who just love the designs of them (I love a nicely deformed riff on a popular character, myself), and for others, the Funko Pop line permits you to collect display figures for characters you don't anticipate will ever get a better fig. Given that the style, size and quality of the Funkos are consistent across the line, you can put together a fine little collection for your property of choice at a very reasonable price.

For example, last night, I finally ordered my holy grail - the Alter Selvaria Bles.

dxO5QQQ.jpg

Yay! Pricy as hell!

For less than half of her cost - for about the launch cost of any high-end scaled fig, in fact - the GF and I have been able to put together a display of the entire Adventure Time main cast in vinyl form:

h4rmMtg.jpg

And I suspect no one needs to explain the appeal of that.

I SALUTE YOU GOOD SIR, for you have made me jealous and proud as a fellow collector of personal holy grails without regard to price in some instances. (Unfortunately I do not think I will ever be able to let myself buy Yoko Litner Bounty Hunter version even if she is my ultimate holy grail cause dat price....) I did buy both Yamato and Musashi heavy arms though so I may eventually not be able to find any more price excuses.

I could buy a bloomin UCS Lego Super Star Destroyer at Yoko prices tho....

I can't really comment on the quality of Anime Island but they have him for $73.

might get it there. it'll save me like 10.50. has anyone heard of them.they do have good ratings on amazon and ebay.

also posted this in the bst but i'll post this here in case anyone is interested

If someone can pay relatively soon I will sell Rosalina for $28 dollar Amazon gift card + $7 paypal gift (for shipping)

also would sell a shulk for $39 Amazon gift + $7 paypal gift (for shipping).

want me a wii fit trainer and a meta knight, unless someone just wants to straight trade rosalina for trainer and shulk for meta knight

Chance

I SALUTE YOU GOOD SIR, for you have made me jealous and proud as a fellow collector of personal holy grails without regard to price in some instances. (Unfortunately I do not think I will ever be able to let myself buy Yoko Litner Bounty Hunter version even if she is my ultimate holy grail cause dat price....) I did buy both Yamato and Musashi heavy arms though so I may eventually not be able to find any more price excuses.

I could buy a bloomin UCS Lego Super Star Destroyer at Yoko prices tho....

It might have been a bad call (I have like 3 Nendos on their way from Amazon, as well), but yesterday was my CC bill date, so I've got like five weeks and two paycheques to get her paid off.

The thing is, though, Grails rotate. Once you get your Grail (it's like that Needs Pyramid in 9th grade social studies), you move on to what we once lesser concerns, and the appetite for them becomes your new highest priority. Once I got Momohime, it became the Megahouse Amazon. Now that I've got the Amazon, it's Selvaria.

Once I get her, what's next?

x8NPTRT.jpg

8wdHewf.gif

Hahahano.

But there will be something, one day. Maybe that new Velvet...

omlet

For Mami? I think just resellers. The cheapest I found was 159 EUR. And that was excluding like, 15 EUR shipping from Germany. Thats like 190USD. Pretty ridiculous.

Well, for Mami, yeah, but for Aniplex stuff in general. Like Rightstuf here sells the exclusive figures and their media releases.

Laputa_94

Hello figure GAF, been a lurker for a little bit and I figured since I got activated I'll share my collection. (Sorry for the overall low image quality)

vd1DvY0l.jpg

F0RfhGdl.jpg
X3rbLe2l.jpg

ynCVxlRl.jpg

68q3LCEl.jpg
s1GYuu4l.jpg

DjVWIvll.jpg

PkaACdGl.jpg

Using some time today to catch up on Durarara X2. I was going to swap some figures out of my display cases with some new ones, but I have four more coming from an AmiAmi order, so I'll put that off until next weekend.

I'm calling first dibs if you do decide to sell.

I bid $1 more than whatever jrod offers

I bid $2 more than Settin.

Wow, there are still so many people looking for it?

First dibs is first dibs, tho. But like I said, I have to see how the Vertex one comes out first.

Chance

around 16k yen i guess since there's 2 on mandarake atm

Holy crap.

Wait... this item description tells me nothing....

"ALTER Alter Valkyria Chronicles Seruberia Breath no Valkyria Ver * opened using box Itami
Item Number sby-toy64148
Price 16,000 yen
Stock Storefront Item
Details

* The state of goods , I am listed in the back of the title ( trade name) .

· Actual product image I might state is somewhat different .
It will be secondhand goods , some of the damage ( individual differences of small attrition small scratch box small scratch paint , etc.) is ( we have stated in the case that stands out ) , please understand ."

So... if I'm understanding this (via google translate), this Selvaria is opened, may have some paint problems, may have missing parts (the stand that holds up her lance)?

Yes/no? 'Cause I told Amazon I'd pay like three times this and I'd rather pay 16K yen if I'm getting the same value - but this description worries me.

Holy crap.

Wait... this item description tells me nothing....

"ALTER Alter Valkyria Chronicles Seruberia Breath no Valkyria Ver * opened using box Itami
Item Number sby-toy64148
Price 16,000 yen
Stock Storefront Item
Details

* The state of goods , I am listed in the back of the title ( trade name) .

· Actual product image I might state is somewhat different .
It will be secondhand goods , some of the damage ( individual differences of small attrition small scratch box small scratch paint , etc.) is ( we have stated in the case that stands out ) , please understand ."

So... if I'm understanding this (via google translate), this Selvaria is opened, may have some paint problems, may have missing parts (the stand that holds up her lance)?

Yes/no? 'Cause I told Amazon I'd pay like three times this and I'd rather pay 16K yen if I'm getting the same value - but this description worries me.

I'm usually against open boxes, to be honest. But that's just me.

Settin

Using some time today to catch up on Durarara X2. I was going to swap some figures out of my display cases with some new ones, but I have four more coming from an AmiAmi order, so I'll put that off until next weekend.

Wow, there are still so many people looking for it?

First dibs is first dibs, tho. But like I said, I have to see how the Vertex one comes out first.
Naw I'm just being a jerk

Oh it pretty much is now since I just bought a master grade of Unicorn Gundam and the Ver. Ka of the Nu Gundam.

I like you. You have good taste. Stick around. Please tell me you got the OVA version of Unicorn and not the Ver ka. That NU is a beautiful kit though and I want to get it someday.

Mandarake? If there are any noteworthy issues with it, it would be in the item description along with extra photos of exactly what the issue is. And the price wouldn't be 16k. Even so, I tend to only buy from shops that have more English in the description, but that's just me.

Laputa_94

I like you. You have good taste. Stick around. Please tell me you got the OVA version of Unicorn and not the Ver ka. That NU is a beautiful kit though and I want to get it someday.

Thanks dont worry I am sure I will keep buying more figure, Yeah I got the OVA version, I did consider the ver. ka but it comes with so much stuff I probably will never use.

Mandarake? If there are any noteworthy issues with it, it would be in the item description along with extra photos of exactly what the issue is. And the price wouldn't be 16k. Even so, I tend to only buy from shops that have more English in the description, but that's just me.

Pretty much this. they are usually what Ami would consider B quality which is pretty good.

Edit: The Ver Ka Unicorn has shitty legs. It only has about a 45° bend at the knee so they retooled it to be 90° with the OVA version.

Laputa_94

The Ver Ka Unicorn has shitty legs. It only has about a 45° bend at the knee so they retooled it to be 90° with the OVA version.

I see, also the OVA version of Unicorn was not too expensive either which is a plus. (got it from Amazon.ca)

I admire people that can make gunplas, I'm not that good at it. Some of them look amazing when done properly.

I never thought I would be good at it myself, but I just get master grades so I dont need to paint them.

So is there a exact release date for the a Lucina figure? I know it comes out next month but I just want to make sure.

Just the end of April, but we'll probably get an announcement in April that she is delayed until june.

Also another question. How hard do you guys think it will be to get Amatsukaze around release for not jacked up prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom