• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

That Asuka is definitely great. I might have to get her someday.

BTW on MyFigureCollection I sometimes see people mention giving a pre-order away, how does that work? Never done it before.

Einbroch

Banned

BTW on MyFigureCollection I sometimes see people mention giving a pre-order away, how does that work? Never done it before.

They get the item when it releases, then they send it to you. Most of the time you don't have to pay them until they get it (or when they have to pay for the order). It's a red flag if they make you prepay.

As far as I know, you just give them monies and they'll put you as the shipping address. At least that's my understanding.

kewlmyc

They get the item when it releases, then they send it to you. Most of the time you don't have to pay them until they get it (or when they have to pay for the order). It's a red flag if they make you prepay.

As far as I know, you just give them monies and they'll put you as the shipping address. At least that's my understanding.

Both of these actually. I've done both at least. 2nd is better imo. It takes a lot of trust though from the buyer's side.

Yaari

Ah, I see. I've got no feedback on there, so no one is going to take that 5 Year K-On! Azusa from me then haha. Damn, sucks having to get a figure that I no longer want.

cajunator

Banned
Preorder placed :>

JsyDWXv.jpg

These are for Meyneth because Otaku Mode won't ship to Canada.

This month suddenly turned into a $1000+ month thanks to these pay-up-front preorders. No more preowned browsing for me for a few weeks.

What sort of job do you have because it must pay a lot

Yaari

JsyDWXv.jpg

This month suddenly turned into a $1000+ month thanks to these pay-up-front preorders. No more preowned browsing for me for a few weeks.

Did you go for the extra pose they offered when you bought them together? It was slightly cheaper too, but that was with N-Y anyway. They don't even offer them anymore. But Im glad they are paid off. Most expensive stuff this year.

Probably going to have to forget about that oversized Kirino too. I need to put some money aside for different things, and buying her will definitely not contribute to that happening haha. That said I won't be surprised if I lack the persistence to do so :(.

omlet

Did you go for the extra pose they offered when you bought them together? It was slightly cheaper too, but that was with N-Y anyway. They don't even offer them anymore. But Im glad they are paid off. Most expensive stuff this year.

There is no extra for buying them together. Sayaka comes with the optional hand part so it doesn't matter if you buy them as a bundle or not.

Ugh, I told a seller on MFC I was willing to pay the costs for shipping a figure overseas and they seemed to agree on a price and then they ignore my pm's and sell it off to someone else...-_-

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Got an order in. Figma Telos. Her feet kind of suck and are hard to pose but other than that she's great. She also has seperate boob plates.

Nice score! I have the Figma T-elos and Kos-Mos. They're a great pair.

Ugh, I told a seller on MFC I was willing to pay the costs for shipping a figure overseas and they seemed to agree on a price and then they ignore my pm's and sell it off to someone else...-_-

What a jerk.

Femto.

March orderrrrr!!!

So I added an A/B Jubei to my April order last night and this was the result...
Uesugi_zps2xdh9bje.png

I hate exclusives, but I've got a fetish for chicks with bows.

My family has like 5 birthdays this month (including my fiance's and mine) so we had a little birthday party this weekend. I went ahead and gave him his Raiden figure. It's reaaaaally nice in person.l
Is that the one by Gecco? I really want him, he looks rad.

Still cheaper than Max Factory Guts! ;)

HHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG
HNNNNNG all around. Wallet be damned.

I was going to post the pope but I don't want to risk a ban.
Pope?

HAHAHA

Ryuuroden

Just got another package without paying taxes. The latest two that I got were tax free, and the common thing is that I never checked the tracking number. I heard from a member that lives here that if you check too much you'll get taxed, I thought it was just coincidence but the evidence is piling up.

Sort of makes sense. If your checking tracking it must be important/valuable. Easy way to tag Which packages to spend time checking cutting manhours and costs.

Femto.

Just got another package without paying taxes. The latest two that I got were tax free, and the common thing is that I never checked the tracking number. I heard from a member that lives here that if you check too much you'll get taxed, I thought it was just coincidence but the evidence is piling up.

It sucks that your packages get taxed the way they do but if you've found a loop hole then exploit it by all means. I'd probably quit buying figures if I had to deal with that kind of BS.

Ryuuroden

March orderrrrr!!!

So I added an A/B Jubei to my April order last night and this was the result...
Uesugi_zps2xdh9bje.png

I hate exclusives, but I've got a fetish for chicks with bows.

Is that the one by Gecco? I really want him, he looks rad.

HNNNNNG all around. Wallet be damned.

Pope?

HAHAHA

Good choice on getting Uesugi. I also have her ordered and I am also a fan of chicks with bows. You aren't the only one.

kewlmyc

I feel like I'm addicted or something. I just reordered a figure I sold off to someone.

Damn you Guilty Gear, quit being such a good series with good character designs.

Femto.

The Juri bishoujo is bigger than both Cammy and Chunners. I wonder if Sakura will be the same.

Good choice on getting Uesugi. I also have her ordered and I am also a fan of chicks with bows. You aren't the only one.
She caught my eye ever since I've seen her sculpt, it was only a matter of time and I started watching Samurai Girls. Still on season one though, the only other that I want is Keiji.

kewlmyc

lol, this means you've got it bad. Which figure?

Dizzy. Thought I didn't have room for her, but after selling off about 1/3 or my collection, plus buying Sol Badguy, I have a shelf to put her on and another figure to display her with. Plus I getting her for pretty decent price.

Yeah, the catholic church one that looked like Palpatine.

Sort of makes sense. If your checking tracking it must be important/valuable. Easy way to tag Which packages to spend time checking cutting manhours and costs.

Yeah, if that's true then I don't mind not checking anything.

It sucks that your packages get taxed the way they do but if you've found a loop hole then exploit it by all means. I'd probably quit buying figures if I had to deal with that kind of BS.

I'm starting to slow down a bit, but I like to collect stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My guess is Dizzy.

Dizzy. Thought I didn't have room for her, but after selling off about 1/3 or my collection, plus buying Sol Badguy, I have a shelf to put her on and another figure to display her with. Plus I getting her for pretty decent price.

Ah yes. I think she's definitely one to hold onto if you plan on keeping any figures at all. Good thing you managed to secure another one so quick!

Femto.

Ah yes. I think she's definitely one to hold onto if you plan on keeping any figures at all. Good thing you managed to secure another one so quick!

I'll probably pick up Dizzy when that Ky scale gets closer to release, it would be nice to have those two together.

JsyDWXv.jpg

hmm forgot to get the red one

Anony

Dragon's Crown Elf came; it's really nice
readjusted space for vanillaware section, moved other stuff
Iwxtivb.jpg

it's way too cluttered; i need another shelf (which i have no space for), sell off some old figurines (the ones i dont really want, no one will want them probably, but they still hold alot of sentimental value), or really hold back on buying (or buy and not open any)
sKY6oEw.jpg

ideally, i'd want an entire case just for my gundams

also, i suck at taking pictures and/or my camera sucks

Dragon's Crown Elf came; it's really nice
readjusted space for vanillaware section, moved other stuff
Iwxtivb.jpg

it's way too cluttered; i need another shelf (which i have no space for), sell off some old figurines (the ones i dont really want, no one will want them probably, but they still hold alot of sentimental value), or really hold back on buying (or buy and not open any)
sKY6oEw.jpg

ideally, i'd want an entire case just for my gundams

also, i suck at taking pictures and/or my camera sucks

Nice collection. If you think that's cluttered it is because you haven't seen mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom