• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely not shocked that Sonico has more figs than Miku. Saber was a surprise though.

Eh I trust amiami's rating system, and if some weirdo licked all my B/B figs and they made the grade still then I couldn't care less. Ignorance is bliss and a hefty savings in this case.

This is pretty much my opinion. Honestly, *I'm* not going to lick my figures, and if it was something that didn't already look nice and clean, I'd just rinse them off anyway. Is it possible? Sure. Does it make a damned bit of difference? Not really, IMO. Shit's all water soluble anyway.

Wait, is there a difference in quality between Kotobukiya and GSC? Because I adore the Koto's eyes on that figure.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Eh I trust amiami's rating system, and if some weirdo licked all my B/B figs and they made the grade still then I couldn't care less. Ignorance is bliss and a hefty savings in this case.

Yeah, I was just kidding. I buy pre-owned figures from time to time. I'm not too concerned about it.

kierwynn

Hey guys I feel like I drive by post so sorry about that. I need an opinion from you guys if I may I'm wanting to order a saber figure and was able to narrow it down to two.

first one is from GSC

Or the same one from Koto

Both are around the same price but I dunno whoch to choose!

I think I like the design of the koto one better over all, but I prefer the colors on the GSC one. They both look pretty good tho!

exemp30

I feel like I should just get both lol sadly I can't. Koto's face looks great but the GSC one looks like it has more detail Ah desicions desicions..

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Hey guys I feel like I drive by post so sorry about that. I need an opinion from you guys if I may I'm wanting to order a saber figure and was able to narrow it down to two.

first one is from GSC

Or the same one from Koto

Both are around the same price but I dunno whoch to choose!

IMO just by the photo GSC is superior, it could be the lighting, but GSC had deeper, more realistic color. The red Koto used made the dress looks like plastic. Koto had no shading on the hair, and the smile is awkward for a battle stance. GSC version also come with the better weapon, koto looks like she is holding a cardboard weapon made by a budget cosplayer.

I doubt the GSC figure really look as good as the photo, all the shading could be from the lighting instead of the paint.

gsc based on record.

Koto is solid but can be sloppy. There CS is meh.

GSC is godlike in CS. Also they have a record of being very good in quality.

I heard stories (no idea if true but possible) where Koto wouldn't do a replacement for a quality issue. GSC on the otherhand does it no prob.

kewlmyc

Wait, is there a difference in quality between Kotobukiya and GSC? Because I adore the Koto's eyes on that figure.

GSC: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/189145
Koto: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/197621

Read the comments of the Koto one. There are some small defects with the Koto one apparently, which is why I said GSC. GSC looks more in line with the original character art as well.

6xoQ2lp.png

Acid08

Banned
GSC will be higher quality for sure. Honestly your preference of pose/face/accessories will be the biggest deciding factor though.

exemp30

Yeah I'm going with GSC, thanks for the opinions I do like the pose better and koto's does look more plasticy looking at pics on MFC gsc is the way to go.

Ryuuroden

Does the new thread need a mod reminder already?

doubt you were trying to be a dick or anything and was probably trying to help but I would say that the thread self modded itself pretty quick a page before you even posted that.

As in people shut it down pretty quick and NO ONE who brought it up was glorifying it or making jokes about it.

TIER LIST TIME

THE 5 GODS OF JAPANESE FIGURES
1) Alter 2) Max "The Beast" Factory 3) Good Smile "Murderface" Company 4) Native 5) Orchid Seed

A Tier
Amakuni, Skytube/Alphamax, Kotobukiya, Megahouse (when they want to try), Yamato

B Tier
Phat Company, Vertex, Freeing

C Tier
Embrace Japan

Ass Tier
Griffon, Pulchara

Definitely now I need to watch some of the fate series so I know why she is so amazing that she needs hundreds of figures made.

That Saber is actually from the PSP game Fate/ Extra. I like it because that was my first introduction to Fate. The current airing of Fate Stay Night is really good, and aparently Fate / Zero is amazing.

TIER LIST TIME

THE 5 GODS OF JAPANESE FIGURES
1) Alter 2) Max "The Beast" Factory 3) Good Smile "Murderface" Company 4) Native 5) Orchid Seed

A Tier
Amakuni, Skytube/Alphamax, Kotobukiya, Megahouse (when they want to try), Yamato

B Tier
Phat Company, Vertex, Freeing

C Tier
Embrace Japan

Ass Tier
Griffon

Add Pulchara to ass tier

And while I love my Neptunia figures, Broccoli is C Tier. The sculpt in general is on spot, and QC is decent, but they need to work on faces.

WING floats around B tier as well imo.

He's currently $35 with free shipping on Amazon.

Having difficulty opening your wallet to make the pre-order? Maybe you should tri-force?

Between the 1/4 figure, and my super crazy techic Lego Miata design, I've dropped around $400 already this paycheck. My paychecks are $600. I *really* don't need to spend any more.

EDIT: But if anyone wants to order it for me, and accept $40 here in two weeks via PayPal, I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom