• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikirin

I really should order a set of these Super Sonico dinner plates. You know, for when friends/family come over.

NSFW?

If I bought any of these designer dishes I'd never use them.

I'd be to afraid of ruining them. I know what my mom's dishware looked like new, and what it looks like now 5 years later.

Acid08

Banned
Congrats! I'm still on the prowl for her myself, but admittedly I haven't been searching all that hard recently. Still hesitant after emptying my wallet for Bloodborne and Devil Homura a few weeks ago.

Thank you! I'm super excited I got her. This is the last month my spending can be kinda out of control and I somehow lucked into getting the last pieces to complete a couple sets.

Prize figures are a hell of a slippery slope. I have made 7 orders in the span of two days. D:

fb0.jpg

Muzicfreq

Banned
OMG I totally forgot the anime convention I went to once and who I met.
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, the VA for Major Motoko Kusanagi. She also did the voice of Doctus in Xenosaga 3

I know it's not figure related but something I forgot about... Well at least to keep it on topic
Probably the best KosMos I have ever seen.... sadly
1. Garage Kit
2. $500+
But it is a 1/4 scale
I_Kyubey1364217808.jpeg

Giolon

doubt you were trying to be a dick or anything and was probably trying to help but I would say that the thread self modded itself pretty quick a page before you even posted that.

As in people shut it down pretty quick and NO ONE who brought it up was glorifying it or making jokes about it.

Just in case people forgot - plus we have quite a few relatively new faces even since that post popping into the thread(s).

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, the VA for Major Motoko Kusanagi. She also did the voice of Doctus in Xenosaga 3

I know it's not figure related but something I forgot about... Well at least to keep it on topic
1. Garage Kit
2. $500+
But it is a 1/4 scale
I_Kyubey1364217808.jpeg

Wow, I never realized that got a CharaGumin version. It was a regular GK years ago around the time I was first getting into collecting, and there were the usual pre-painted E2046 and Hobbyfan bootlegs of it (which still cost $500) that were actually really nice. There was even a legit PVC version w/ a sword instead of the gun: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/27937.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Just in case people forgot - plus we have quite a few relatively new faces even since that post popping into the thread(s).

Wow, I never realized that got a CharaGumin version. It was a regular GK years ago around the time I was first getting into collecting, and there were the usual pre-painted E2046 and Hobbyfan bootlegs of it (which still cost $500) that were actually really nice. There was even a legit PVC version w/ a sword instead of the gun: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/27937.

I even saw one NSFW that doesn't look too bad.
Although I find it odd the Prepainted PVC one costs more... I guess assembly costs?

Replicant

Koto,

Please start making MK bishoujos

MEHTALITY

I saw that and was momentarily tempted until I realised I have never heard of the company's name beforehand. Then sanity prevailed and I instead ordered Figuarts' Kamen Rider Agito and Koto's upcoming Ironman mark 43. Now I'm I'm wondering if I really need another Ironman figure. This hobby is dangerous. :/

I even saw one NSFW that doesn't look too bad.
Although I find it odd the Prepainted PVC one costs more... I guess assembly costs?

I have the e2046 version of 1/4 T-elos. A very beautiful figure. I have not got the time to build it, but eventually I will. http://myfigurecollection.net/item/104778

29pic012.jpg

You don't want to know how time-consuming it is to build a GK, especially for a 1/4. It requires a lots of work and skill in order to build a GK as beautiful as the official image, though I don't know if e2046's Prepainted PVC could achieve that level. Many people I know prefer to buy the prepainted one because building a GK is too demanding. I think the price is quite reasonable.

I hope I will get the KOS-MOS eventually, these two figures are so beautiful that they should not be separated.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I have the e2046 version of 1/4 T-elos. A very beautiful figure. I have not got the time to build it, but eventually I will. http://myfigurecollection.net/item/104778

29pic012.jpg

You don't want to know how time-consuming it is to build a GK, especially for a 1/4. It requires a lots of work and skill in order to build a GK as beautiful as the official image, though I don't know if e2046's Prepainted PVC could achieve that level. Many people I know prefer to buy the prepainted one because building a GK is too demanding. I think the price is quite reasonable.

I hope I will get the KOS-MOS eventually, these two figures are so beautiful that they should not be separated.

Mad jelly and not at the same time. I probably could put the work into it but I personally rather not.
Kinda wish I still had some of the materials for models and stuff. then again it's all ancient and would be better with an airbrush.

Maybe I should get good at sculptris on PC and once good enough get ZBrush and make my own 3D renders.
Drawing and 3D modeling are 2 completely different beasts -_-

Mad jelly and not at the same time. I probably could put the work into it but I personally rather not.
Kinda wish I still had some of the materials for models and stuff. then again it's all ancient and would be better with an airbrush.

Maybe I should get good at sculptris on PC and once good enough get ZBrush and make my own 3D renders.
Drawing and 3D modeling are 2 completely different beasts -_-

Yeah, airbrush is great. I am only a beginner, so mine is not the high-class one. But it is more than enough for me to do some basic paintings. I don't know the price in other places, but my modelling tools are not very expensive in my country.

I am also interested in 3D rendering, but I believe my low-spec PC cannot run the software. Hope I can learn about it eventually, as there are quite a lot of characters I hope to own their figures.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Yeah, airbrush is great. I am only a beginner, so mine is not the high-class one. But it is more than enough for me to do some basic paintings. I don't know the price in other places, but my modelling tools are not very expensive in my country.

I am also interested in 3D rendering, but I believe my low-spec PC cannot run the software. Hope I can learn about it eventually, as there are quite a lot of characters I hope to own their figures.

Sculptris and ZBrush run differently from things like Blender and such. I only run an i3 4130 and a 750ti and Sculptris runs just fine

1. Garage Kit
2. $500+
But it is a 1/4 scale
I_Kyubey1364217808.jpeg
Thats seriously gorgeous...only thing that would make it better is if it was episode 1's look.

Sculptris and ZBrush run differently from things like Blender and such. I only run an i3 4130 and a 750ti and Sculptris runs just fine

Haha, the spec of my laptop is much lower.I only use my computer for work, so I didn't really care when I brought it. Maybe I will buy a new one when I got the time to look into these softwares.

omlet

Two things...

1) For those who got the new Sakura Miku nendo, I guess only the first batch has gone out? I ordered 2nd batch an no word yet from GSC.

2) My Alisha figure got here last week and I haven't even unboxed it yet :( My excuse is that I really have no room left in my DETOLFs but the truth is I couldn't stop playing DFO long enough to free her. Where do I turn in my collector card?

FUCK YEAH NABBED A GSC MADOKA SCALE MY COLLECTION IS COMPLETEEEEEEEE

Ultimate Madoka? Or the regular one? Either way, grats.

AmiAmi had the Yukiko Nendo up with B/B at 2300. I grabbed that so quick :3

As in this one?
Definitely one of the cutest nendos.

OOH, wow. She is....beautiful. But can't buy anything else this month, damn it.

+4000ish yen EMS (not kidding, her box is very big). Also red version is superior and doesn't have the same degree of leaning problems as the white one (from what I've read).

1) For those who got the new Sakura Miku nendo, I guess only the first batch has gone out? I ordered 2nd batch an no word yet from GSC.

Same here. I knew there wasn't a precise date, I guess I was just expecting to see a payment request suddenly appear sometime during this month or early May. No cause for panic just yet.

Meyneth

Two things...

I thought the April date that they gave for the second batch was more of a tentative date. Wasn't there was an update and they said they'd try their best for April but no promises?

Edit:
This product is the first product to be mass-produced at our 'Lucky Factory' in Tottori prefecture. We want to ensure everything made in this factory is of the utmost quality, however as the process and factory are still in their early stages, there are many factors that we cannot predict at this point in time.

Due to this, we are currently unable to put an exact date on when orders of the second release will be ready for shipment. We will begin shipping out orders as stock becomes available in April 2015, however they will be sent out on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on when the order was made.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you will support our endeavour to produce figures directly in Japan!

Good Smile Company CEO, Aki Takanori
From Here

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

1. Garage Kit
2. $500+
But it is a 1/4 scale
I_Kyubey1364217808.jpeg

That's a really nice Kos-Mos!

antibolo

Banned
Just realized that the new Sakura Miku comes with a bottle of sake! And a drunken face! That's awesome.

Kinda regretting buying the previous Sakura Miku model a few days ago.

Oh well. Anyway I have big plans for her (ie. I got an idea for a photoshoot, it will involve a certain chocolate candy).

I was considering cancelling those small K-On figures that come out in August. Went to do just that and noticed they sold out on HLJ....I think I will keep the order for now :eek:

Not really figure related buy YAY! I just won an auction for the Tales of Graces F Day One edition that was exclusive to the UK, I've been on the hunt for it for awhile since it being UK only wasn't available in the US but i found a seller on the UK ebay who was willing to make an exception and ship here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom