• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Miku isn't real????

Lies!

S7LhwHt.gif

kewlmyc

Not really figure related buy YAY! I just won an auction for the Tales of Graces F Day One edition that was exclusive to the UK, I've been on the hunt for it for awhile since it being UK only wasn't available in the US but i found a seller on the UK ebay who was willing to make an exception and ship here.
What all comes with it?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

RMI

Banned
I couldn't care less about Black Rock Shooter but I would pay good money for this figma and her ridiculous weapon

Black Rock Shooter is awful but some of the figures are really awesome. That one looks rad. Also I bet it's super expensive now.

Wanderer5

Wasn't it package with a special edition of the dvd/blu-ray for the anime series? Could explain why it that much.:p

I thought the original OVA was okay, but there some really cool designs in BRS. Insane looks amazing, and I like the game version of the character too

So I bought this cool Star Wars figure (Asajj Ventress) that caught my eye years ago. It's from a line called Star Wars Unleashed. They're figures of various characters in action poses. I was looking through some of the other ones they have, and the Darth Vader one is utterly hilarious. It looks like "Darth Vader falling down the stairs."

This is the one I bought:

Wanderer5

So I bought this cool Star Wars figure (Asajj Ventress) that caught my eye years ago. It's from a line called Star Wars Unleashed. They're figures of various characters in action poses. I was looking through some of the other ones they have, and the Darth Vader one is utterly hilarious. It looks like "Darth Vader falling down the stairs."

Lol Clumsy Vader

I remember that line. I always wanted the Darth Maul and Luke Skywalker one.

RMI

Banned
So how does Fig in Stock work?

you add notifications and it sends you an email when that thing comes into stock on amiami or mandarake with a link to the item. For some items that are very in demand you need to be ready to buy at a moments notice, cause they can go out of stock really fast.

I recommend going this route rather than buying from amazon or ebay sellers. I've had good experiences with Japan-based amazon sellers in the past, but besides risk of running into bootlegs you also wind up paying a huge markup on ebay/amazon.

omlet

So how does Fig in Stock work?

The fairies press F5 for you.

Actually what happens is you put in a search query and it will search listings on amiami and mandarake and try to find things that match your search query.

This sounds great but there's a catch to this.

Figinstock's search feature does exact match on the search string rather than using "contains" logic. Edit: To be more clear, it uses "contains" logic on your entire search string as a whole rather than parsing each word and doing and/or searches with all your keywords.

Mandarake creates new listings for every item which means the full item name is almost never the exact same thing twice. The words will be in different orders or the title will have fewer or more words than usual or the will be written in Roman letters or in kana or in both. This means that in order to effectively search mandarake you should put only the name of the character (or robot or whatever). You'll get more item listings than you wanted, but you won't miss out on something because you set up a FIS search for "Nendoroid Homura" while the mandarake listing was actually "Homura Nendoroid" or "ほむら ねんどろいど" or something.

Amiami re-uses page listings when they get preowned items in so you can more reliably find things there using multi-word FIS searches.

Anyway, you get an email with a link directly to the item. Be the first one there and you can buy it before someone else does.

omlet

That's because of how amiami lists preowned things (they often activate the page listing before actually adding the preowned stock) so it's more their fault than FIS'.

Einbroch

Banned
The service is fine, but the point of it, to get me the figures I want, doesn't work. That's why I said it doesn't work, at least for me.

I like those. I found ep. 3 obi wan and anikin for like $15 bucks I think. Maybe $20.

kewlmyc

Every single time I get the notification the item is sold out, even if I check the second I get the notification.

I noticed that if you add the figure under restock as well as preowned, the figure shows up in restock first. Preowned figures show us as restocked as well. This has helped me get the figure 95% of the time. That and I have an icloud email account on my phone that only receives figinstock emails and sends off siren noises the moment I get an email from that account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom