• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Figure panties are serious business.
KcCAJU3.gif

cajunator

Banned
I didn't really see it as her panties, more like they just closed the gap on her skirt between her legs. But yeah after it checking again I guess you're right (and I feel dirty now).

Panties are only as dirty as the observer makes them. They are just underwear.

antibolo

Banned
I want to get serious in taking photos of my figures (I have this great idea for a photoshoot with my incoming Sakura Miku nendo) but the best I have are an 1st gen iPad Air and a Nikon Coolpix L610 and they both take garbage pictures (all pictures I've posted on this thread were taken with the Nikon and are a blurry, over-compressed mess). Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent, not too expensive DSLR?

I want to get serious in taking photos of my figures (I have this great idea for a photoshoot with my incoming Sakura Miku nendo) but the best I have are an 1st gen iPad Air and a Nikon Coolpix L610 and they both take garbage pictures (all pictures I've posted on this thread were taken with the Nikon and are a blurry, over-compressed mess). Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent, not too expensive DSLR?
The a5000 is what I started off with. I'd buy it used, because its likely to make you want the a6000, its bigger brother, but if you get the camera and have no want of upgrading, its great for the price. Also very, very tiny for what it is.

Also, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151708484&postcount=1832
You're welcome.

I wonder how much higher companies are going yo try and push their prices. There's always a tipping point.

The sky is the limit. As long as people keep paying, the prices will keep rising. Femto ordered a $1200 Guts statue. It's not going to stop anytime soon.

I was really surprisd that GSC priced their Super Saiyan Ryuko as "low" as they did.

This reminds me of something funny.

When I bought Alter Panty I took a few pictures of it and posted it on my blog. A lot of people seemed to like the pictures, but given that it's tumblr there's bound to be a loose screw in there somewhere. Some guy complained that I didn't take any panyshots of the figure (I try to keep my blog clean), and when he got called out by another commenter for being a huge weeboo he got all butthurt and said something along the lines of "at least I didn't buy a toy that has panty written on the base." Laughed my fucking ass off that day.

There was also another comment that said there was a lack of.....
hot glue
in the pictures. It still makes me cringe so hard.

antibolo

Banned

That's awesome! Thanks, it's exactly what I was looking into for getting started (I should mention that I have absolutely no photography experience and/or knowledge).

I'm still not entirely sure that I want to spend that much money into photo equipment, but the way I'm seeing it right now, if I just keep using what I already have it's all going to be lots of time wasted on a shitty end result.

The sky is the limit. As long as people keep paying, the prices will keep rising. Femto ordered a $1200 Guts statue. It's not going to stop anytime soon.

I was really surprisd that GSC priced their Super Saiyan Ryuko as "low" as they did.

Yeah figures do have lots of variety in prices and very fancy figures like that guts definitely aren't cheap. There are still some nice figures that do get surprisingly cheap prices. I just wonder what the limits are for non dynamic smaller figures.

Acid08

Banned
This reminds me of something funny.

When I bought Alter Panty I took a few pictures of it and posted it on my blog. A lot of people seemed to like the pictures, but given that it's tumblr there's bound to be a loose screw in there somewhere. Some guy complained that I didn't take any panyshots of the figure (I try to keep my blog clean), and when he got called out by another commenter for being a huge weeboo he got all butthurt and said something along the lines of "at least I didn't buy a toy that has panty written on the base." Laughed my fucking ass off that day.

There was also another comment that said there was a lack of.....
hot glue
in the pictures. It still makes me cringe so hard.

Yikes. People need to chill.

The yen being shit has to be factoring into this as well.

antibolo

Banned
Well I feel dumb, I just figured out now how to operate the optical zoom on my Nikon...

I also never bothered to use the flash and I'm now experimenting with it. Still unsure of when to use it or not? Should I always use it? Bleh I really know nothing.

That's awesome! Thanks, it's exactly what I was looking into for getting started (I should mention that I have absolutely no photography experience and/or knowledge).

I'm still not entirely sure that I want to spend that much money into photo equipment, but the way I'm seeing it right now, if I just keep using what I already have it's all going to be lots of time wasted on a shitty end result.

I'm currently trying to improve with my phone. I figure there isn't really a point in me putting money into a good camera if I don't at least understand composition and framing.

Well, that Nikon probably takes better photos than a phone, and more importantly has controls more similar to a more fully featured camera. See if you can't use the lessons in that post, since that's what it's all about -- I even say as such right in the beginning!

I'm currently trying to improve with my phone. I figure there isn't really a point in me putting money into a good camera if I don't at least understand composition and framing.

While that's true, part of the composition, IMO, is also what aperture you shoot at. Having a blurry background is a far different effect in composition than a focused background, so there's only *so far* that you can go before the effects of a camera will become apparent.

Ryuuroden

my pictures look like crap but they have mostly been hey look at what i just got or Work in Progress pics. When Orthanc is done, Ill be spending about an entire day taking photos. Trying to get access to a large photo space to set it up in so I can add backgrounds and such in easily with Photoshop. Less work to do fixing things if I can take pictures in a good environment in the first place.

antibolo

Banned
While that's true, part of the composition, IMO, is also what aperture you shoot at. Having a blurry background is a far different effect in composition than a focused background, so there's only *so far* that you can go before the effects of a camera will become apparent.

There doesn't seem to be any aperture control on my Nikon, so I guess this is one of those effects you just can't get on a basic camera?

EDIT: Instruction manual says: "2 steps (f/3.3 and f/6.6 [W])". From what I can tell it's always using F 3.3 (it says so in the HUD when auto-adjusting focus), dunno how to use F 6.6, or if it will really make a difference.

EDIT 2: No wait it seems to be directly tied to the optical zoom, if I go full zoom it says F 5.9. So I guess it's really static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom