• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
CDS_tkAWgAAl8kj.jpg

350x700px-LL-e16f6ff7_birdman_zpse16bb8e4.gif

Bombless

I have over a dozen figures that are cast off, and I've only ever had that sort of problem once. The entire rest of the 7 Sins line that I own is fine, for example (Asmodeus, Lucifer, Mammon and Satan). Leviathan was a particularly egregious example of what can go wrong with bad cast off designs.

For the curious, the figure I had the problem with was MH Vante/Vingt. Her underwear shrank or something and wasn't able to attach properly to her bodysuit (as well as the body suit had that same type of really awful soft-plastic material w/ tiny pegs to hold together). Fortunately, you could wedge them between her legs and they would stay in place.

Damn it Giolon, stop trying to enable me, she's too expensive!

gokieks

Even if he did, it's not like he paid 25k for an 8 year-old figure off of Manda like some people.

At least the exchange rate is (probably) favorable right now. I went back and looked at how much I paid for the GSC Azusa Miura Happy Wedding figure, and it was 32K after shipping at a time when 1 USD was ~95 JPY rather than ~120. Still the most I've ever paid, but you can kind of justify it for figures that are so old and rare (mine was a 2007 release).

At least the exchange rate is (probably) favorable right now. I went back and looked at how much I paid for the GSC Azusa Miura Happy Wedding figure, and it was 32K after shipping at a time when 1 USD was ~95 JPY rather than ~120. Still the most I've ever paid, but you can kind of justify it for figures that are so old and rare (mine was a 2007 release).

As was the Kino I bought. Her price hasn't really gone down, and a reissue seems unlikely, so I just bit the bullet.

My other ship girl came in

WIxI8me.jpg

I'm staying with 1/700 scale ships. The 1/350 behemoth requires soldering photo etched parts so, yeah, fuck that.

Wargaming's upcoming World of Warships will hopefully lead to an explosion of naval kits being retooled/released. Japanese ships in particular are very well represented and popular.

chrono01

Just like Bombless above, stop enabling me!
Would Hobby Search ship internationally?
That would a "no", same 18+ restriction. It's not even available on the English site for this reason. :(

You still need to use a proxy. I haven't found a site yet that will ship it Internationally/outside of Japan without one [because it's labelled as "Adult", I'm guessing].

There's been some talk in OT about Gunbuster lately.

What a coincidence that Bandai is gonna bring back its Soul of Chogokin GX-34 Gunbuster with a 'Gunbuster GX-34R Buster Alloy Color' version.

If this means it'll have even more die-cast than the original I might double-dip and pre-order this one...tempting.

Theonik

What a coincidence that Bandai is gonna bring back its Soul of Chogokin GX-34 Gunbuster with a 'Gunbuster GX-34R Buster Alloy Color' version.

If this means it'll have even more die-cast than the original I might double-dip and pre-order this one...tempting.
How much should one expect?

Acid08

Banned

Holy fuck, depending on price and release date I am all over this.

cajunator

Banned
Been watching Vivibutts. Feels good to watch a show and not feel the need to get any figures from it.

Yeah I love that show but the character designs were pretty forgettable and the only good figure is the mc on her bike thing.

Me, and this.

GSC Kino. But this is some grail figure stuff right here. I posted pics early in the thread when I got her.

Im still salty ._.
But I might have an opportunity in a few days to nab one for a not ridiculous price. (by OOP holy grail standards)

Chiaki GET! She's so awesome!

The Danganronpas are now at their new permanent location, on top of my PVM.

Excellent. The two best on a CRT TV. Just beware of heat affecting them. They do look great together and likewise on my shelf!

Nnnnggh that 1/4 scale Miku v3 figure looks stunningly beautiful, but I would have no idea where to put such as large figure.
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4878/Hatsune+Miku+V3.html
774ad3b4e57de6f1484981d390f4177b.jpg

This is like Rurounizel's dream figure.

THEY'RE BRINING IT BACK?!

I don't fucking care how much it is, I'm pre-ordering that DAY FUCKING ONE. Please tell me that there's a release date.

Just got my payment request for Koto's Annabel from Anime Island. This was my first order from them and I have few more pre-orders from them so so far so good with them. Heard some good and some bad about the shop so I had some slight worry.

cajunator

Banned
Just got my payment request for Koto's Annabel from Anime Island. This was my first order from them and I have few more pre-orders from them so so far so good with them. Heard some good and some bad about the shop so I had some slight worry.

Anime Island is legit dont worry. They just take a while. They are good if you missed a preorder period and have no other options.
I got Mami from them after I decided I needed all the Madoka figures.

Anime Island is legit dont worry. They just take a while. They are good if you missed a preorder period and have no other options.
I got Mami from them after I decided I needed all the Madoka figures.

Yeah, I was only worried because they charge at least 25% to pre-order and I've read quite a few posts on MFC saying that they never shipped out the items or stole their money so it had me a bit worried. Probably could be users who didn't think that they'd have to wait longer then the Japanese release and thought they were being scammed. They do usually have pre-orders open once many/all the japanese sites are closed so they are a good source to look at then.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I was only worried because they charge at least 25% to pre-order and I've read quite a few posts on MFC saying that they never shipped out the items or stole their money so it had me a bit worried. Probably could be users who didn't think that they'd have to wait longer then the Japanese release and thought they were being scammed. They do usually have pre-orders open once many/all the japanese sites are closed so they are a good source to look at then.

You have to wait longer than the Japanese releases because its not a japanese located company. they get later shipments. but they do receive and ship what they say they will.

You have to wait longer than the Japanese releases because its not a japanese located company. they get later shipments. but they do receive and ship what they say they will.

Yeah I'm fine with waiting, during their black friday sale where if you pre-ordered $100 worth of items you got free shipping, so I pre-ordered Sorey and Koto's 1/6 Sakuya so I got free shipping on that huge figure that probably was 5k+ ems only to ship lol

Acid08

Banned
Photo DUMP

Chiaki Nanami

She's pretty fucking awesome, everyone. Mine didn't have any defects I could see. The box is HUGE just like Kyoko's was though it's way heavier if I remember correctly. The base is huge, this one takes up a lot of room. Chiaki herself is super well painted, my only little gripe is the hair. It looks good but up close it's not really all that well done. Assembly wasn't too bad, the only piece I actually had a lot of trouble with was the stand that connects to the TV. The piece was slightly misshapen so I just had to slowly kinda nudge it in there.

Ayesha Altugle

She looks VERY pretty in person. The paint is really well done and I love the colors. Base is ridiculously plain though. Like, shockingly plain.

Sochie Heim, Loran Cehack, and MG Turn A

I loooooove these two figures. Sochie is probably the best quality RAHDX figure I own. her dress is super well sculpted and painted. Loran is a bit basic but the pose is so good for fans of the show. MG Turn A was recently built too, amazing and unique kit. If you're going to build this one you have to panel line it, takes the look to a whole other level.

Koto Hitagi Senjougahara, figma Hanekawa, figma Kanbaru, and Nendo Araragi Koyomi

Hitagi: She's a very cool figure with a great vibe. Captures this arc of Monogatari super well. The details are a bit underwhelming though. She's painted preeeeetty well but not perfectly. There are some less than stellar parts on her uniform. The base is also really cheaply made. I like what they were going for but it looks bad up close.

figma Hanekawa: She comes with three different hair options, each from different parts of the series which is pretty awesome. She doesn't come with much beyond that though, her only accessories are a book and glasses. Still, she looks great!

figma Kanbaru: This figma is AWESOME. She comes with all of her monkey paw parts and the raincoat she wears. Four different faces too for a variety of poses. I can't wait to play around with this one some more!

Nendo Koyomi: Totally fucking awesome. His faces and accessories are great. Went with the Nendo over the figma because of the face in the picture. The pervy face is required for anything involving Koyomi.

Nendo Petit Hitagi Senjougahara and Toy Tomica AE86

Got this Nendo Petit because it's Hitagi in her outfit from my favorite episode of Bakemonogatari. I'm surprised by how good the quality is! She's super adorable and even came with two different hair pieces! The AE86 was like $5, it's basically a Hot Wheels car. I love Initial D though so I wanted some kind of merch for it. The Fujiwara Tofu Shop sign on the side is great. Going to proudly keep it on my desk!

SEGA Yui Hirasawa prize figure

She is super impressive. Put her next to the Max Factory 1/7 Mugi for some scale. Absolutely massive and weighty, even by SEGA prize figure standards. She's painted perfect and is just so solid all around. Totally love it.

figma Azusa Nakano(plus the other four)

Azusa is just as quality as the rest of them and I LOVE them all together. Completing this set feels so good. One weird thing though, AmiAmi ranked her B/B but she's actually missing the guitar strap piece. I don't know if I should email them about it or not. It's not a super big deal but all of the part are not included. B is supposed to include all the pieces, right?

Overall I'm totally thrilled with this haul. So much great stuff. Now to just figure out where it's all going to go :p

RMI

Banned
figma Kanbaru: This figma is AWESOME. She comes with all of her monkey paw parts and the raincoat she wears. Four different faces too for a variety of poses. I can't wait to play around with this one some more!

yep she's great.

kewlmyc

Photo DUMP

Chiaki Nanami

She's pretty fucking awesome, everyone. Mine didn't have any defects I could see. The box is HUGE just like Kyoko's was though it's way heavier if I remember correctly. The base is huge, this one takes up a lot of room. Chiaki herself is super well painted, my only little gripe is the hair. It looks good but up close it's not really all that well done. Assembly wasn't too bad, the only piece I actually had a lot of trouble with was the stand that connects to the TV. The piece was slightly misshapen so I just had to slowly kinda nudge it in there.

How hard was it to put together?

antibolo

Banned
I must have nudged the part that connects to her back for at least two minutes before it got fully settled in. Everything else went fine.

I think I had more trouble overall in assembling Kyouko, because of the hair.

Acid08

Banned
How hard was it to put together?

Really wasn't too bad. Like I said the only piece I actually had some trouble with was the stand that plugs into the TV. The rest are tight fits so you just have to be firm but patient when assembling. I forgot who posted it in here but someone gave advice for the piece that goes into her back that worked out for me. Instead of just trying to put it straight in you put it in at an angle and just push a bit until you can feel it get snug in there.

From what I've read some people get straight up misshapen stand pieces. They're not cut particularly well so I could definitely see that happening.

antibolo

Banned
I just realized that I didn't properly insert the controller in Nonomi's right hand. I'm afraid that I might break her arm if I forcefully try to force it in. Anybody else had the same problem? I'm somewhat confused as to how to properly insert it in so that the right hand also holds it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just got it! Looks great now. You have to somehow slide it under her thumb. But it's not easy to keep it in because her "thumb" is really just a tiny bump.

Acid08

Banned
I just realized that I didn't properly insert the controller in Nonomi's right hand. I'm afraid that I might break her arm if I forcefully try to force it in. Anybody else had the same problem? I'm somewhat confused as to how to properly insert it in so that the right hand also holds it.

You just kinda fit it in there. I put the side with the peg in first then just slid the other side into the groove in her hand.

edit: nm lol

antibolo

Banned
Chiaki has visible panties, oh my. Kyouko did not, so that surprised me when I unpackaged her. Personally I prefer not having visible panties because that's a bit too pervy for my tastes, but I'm getting used to it lol.

Also her boobs are huge. Yeah I know that Chiaki is supposed to be busty, but seeing the figure in person kinda brings it out to an extreme degree, despite her not showing any cleavage or anything.

cajunator

Banned
Chiaki has visible panties, oh my. Kyouko did not, so that surprised me when I unpackaged her. Personally I prefer not having visible panties because that's a bit too pervy for my tastes, but I'm getting used to it lol.

Also her boobs are huge. Yeah I know that Chiaki is supposed to be busty, but seeing the figure in person kinda brings it out to an extreme degree, despite her not showing any cleavage or anything.

Skirts and other outfits like that will show panties. Thats not really a pervy thing thats how clothing works. How else would they model it put a big void blocking the view? That wouldnt be how skirts work.

Kyoko has brown panties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom