• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

d4a82112.jpg

October
18k+tax

Cast-off image (NSFW)

antibolo

Banned
So when AmiAmi lists a figure as "ITEM:A/BOX:B" I assume it means it's basically still new except the box was too damaged for them to sell it as new without getting into trouble?

Acid08

Banned
So when AmiAmi lists a figure as "ITEM:A/BOX:B" I assume it means it's basically still new except the box was too damaged for them to sell it as new without getting into trouble?

Basically. Though you'll quickly find out that "box damaged" means fucking nothing as all that stuff is basically brand new.

Man, if you buy a B-grade box, you'll think it's brand new. They're so strict about grading that a barely noticeable crease will get something demoted to B or C.

Einbroch

Banned
Even if he did, it's not like he paid 25k for an 8 year-old figure off of Manda like some people.

Who and what?

Nah. They have a special tag for that, like (New Item) I believe. A/B just means the person/company they bought it from never opened it. Basically it's great all around.

omlet

Nope, it means they bought it from someone who was pawning off their collection (or some other reseller selling unsold inventory to them to resell) and that person never opened it. If the item is their own stock they will not rank it like preowned but if it is damaged they will list it with a note.

I've gotten new figures from Amiami that would be A/B or A/C condition if they were preowned (new in box, but box was scuffed, nicked, etc.), but they weren't preowned so they don't get ranked. Preowneds ranked A/A are rare but do exist.

chrono01

My finger slipped
five times.

ESQL1AQ.png
Hate Love when that happens.

I did it, I ordered her since All my orders were delayed 1 month or more. Now I will have 5 seven sins figures !_!
Congrats man, excellent purchase. Trust me, once you get all seven, it will be worth it.

Actually, it's worth it for Satan alone. She is breathtaking. I'm sure you'll agree when you receive her. d(^_^)v

Wow, that was fast. She's not showing up under the "Pre-order Items" link which is strange. Nice job finding her.

But yeah, happy with the original version. Hopefully. I'll see once I receive her.

Is that show terrible? It seems like it would be terrible.
I actually really enjoyed it. It's not nearly as "fan-service heavy" as one might think, it's more slice-of-life than anything else. It's actually pretty tame in the T&A regard. It also has a pretty good sense of emotion to it [at least for me]. It was a lot of fun.

But then, I like weird anime.

Nope

Only thing im not liking about Figma Nagato so far is that she seems really "lanky" compared to others from the same series.

I don't like how restricted her leg movement is. I don't think it's the straps either. I haven't figured out why yet. Other than that I think she's awesome.

Interesting. I don't think Jessica has voiced anything before. Not that a Sonico role is that huge of an undertaking.

She did a voice on RWBY. Not awful but nothing special.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is that show terrible? It seems like it would be terrible.

It's much better than I expected it to be. It feels more like a slice-of-life show. It's less fanservicy than I expected too, because it focuses more on Sonico as a musician than Sonico as a model. Zombie ep is best ep.

chrono01

It's much better than I expected it to be. It feels more like a slice-of-life show. It's less fanservicy than I expected too, because it focuses more on Sonico as a musician than Sonico as a model. Zombie ep is best ep.
I'm glad to see someone here share my opinion [read above]. d(^_^)v

Giolon

Too worried that pieces of clothing will warp during shipping to a point it's unusable (see Leviathan horrible t-shirt).

I have over a dozen figures that are cast off, and I've only ever had that sort of problem once. The entire rest of the 7 Sins line that I own is fine, for example (Asmodeus, Lucifer, Mammon and Satan). Leviathan was a particularly egregious example of what can go wrong with bad cast off designs.

For the curious, the figure I had the problem with was MH Vante/Vingt. Her underwear shrank or something and wasn't able to attach properly to her bodysuit (as well as the body suit had that same type of really awful soft-plastic material w/ tiny pegs to hold together). Fortunately, you could wedge them between her legs and they would stay in place.

chrono01

Also, that Oda Non Artbook is such a tease...
Hobby Search/Amazon
Japan
has it for pre-order!

But yeah, because of the 18+ limitation, it's impossible to simply order it from the usual sites since they won't ship outside of Japan. I'm kind of tempted to purchase both exclusives, from Melonbooks [already pre-ordered] and Toranoana, just so I can have both tapestry [they line up next to each other, completing the picture].

But that would be insane. Right? Maybe, if someone was interested in just the artbook itself, I could purchase the second exclusive bundle and sell the book [at retail cost, plus shipping] to someone here when it's released. I'm still going through the decision in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom