• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I was wondering why you didn't post the image, then I went to mfc, yeah.... not going to post that.
Unfortunately they're scans, so I can't post them here otherwise I would have. :(

Belial sure is top-heavy.
Sure is indeed.

They altered her pose slightly from the original artwork, which isn't surprising. If they didn't, she definitely would have had balancing issues.

Please don't be an exclusive.
She probably will be. The last several Hyakka Ryouran girls have been. It wasn't always that way!

Why did you have to go and change, Alter? Why!?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just saw the painted Hestia Kotobukiya preview picture.

Max Factory needs to hurry up on their prototype to make this decision easier.

chrono01

Max Factory needs to hurry up on their prototype to make this decision easier.
Seriously.

I'm tempted to go for Kotobukiya's version if she looks good, but I know Max Factory will pull off something amazing and then I'll instantly regret it. But then, Max Factory's will likely be several thousand yen more expensive than Kotobukiya...

Muzicfreq

Banned
And I'm out. Later, GAF. Was a good run.
7yDQVXv.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Man, the more I look at Ayesha the more I really like her. Such a warm and inviting looking figure.

LOL the advice isn't always "Get a better camera!", though moving from a super simple point and shoot to something with more manual controls available is almost always helpful.

That being said, the one thing I want to talk about is the flash. The camera flash is often your worst enemy. It produces very harsh, flat lighting. "But it's too dark without it!" you think. Try a desk lamp (or two) off to the side instead. A table lamp can work but usually has yellowish light (which can be corrected somewhat w/ photo editing software). If you feel you absolutely must use the flash, try to soften it by putting a piece or two of tissue over it. If you can, angle it up towards the ceiling with your finger.

Try to think about what you're trying to show with your picture. Is it an interesting angle? What are you trying to highlight on the figure? Is the framing right? Look up the Rule of Thirds, though realize that it's not a 100% hard and fast rule - I disagree with it often, but I'm no professional.

This, IMO, is your best photo of the lot:

I feel it could possibly be made better if the camera were lowered to a position where her eyes are looking back at the viewer. However, that might ruin the nice diagonal she creates across the frame that gives her a real sense of motion. It's all about experimentation until you get the shot you want!

This one would be fantastic on a snowy background. I like that you leveled the height of the camera for this one. Even though it's partially breaking the Rule of Thirds (she's centered horizontally, but her face is pretty close to the top third line), I think this is one of those instances that shows when rules are meant to be broken. The figure has such a serene look that it stands out just by showcasing her.

Thank you! I'll play around with my lights, I have two in my room that might be able to work. They both give off yellow light though so I guess I'll just have to play around with some of the camera settings. They're very, very limited.

As for composition, that's something I'm just now trying to get a feel for. I'm been taking a film class in school so I've learned the basic stuff behind the Rule of Thirds so I'll just have to apply that and see if I can come up with some cool shots!

A new [painted] image of Hestia [Kotobukiya] is out. That hometown! I'm still interested in seeing Max Factory's version first, but I fully expect Kotobukiya's version to sell out nearly instantly [given her popularity]. I am undecided.

Also, sculpts for Belial [Seven Deadly Sins] and Charles D'Artagnan [Hyakka Ryouran]. Both look amazing, and will be owned by me. I just hope I don't have to go through a proxy for Belial. Damn you Orchid Seed for restricting sales of Seven Deadly Sins outside of Japan. :mad:

I want them all!

Griffon >>> Alter :p
Literal keks

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Cu-poche >>> nendroid
And I'm out. Later, GAF. Was a good run.

Some lines were never meant to be crossed.

Seriously.

I'm tempted to go for Kotobukiya's version if she looks good, but I know Max Factory will pull off something amazing and then I'll instantly regret it. But then, Max Factory's will likely be several thousand yen more expensive than Kotobukiya...

Koto's is shaping up nicely. But Max Factory is really so consistent in quality. I think I'll have to wait unless Kotobukiya blows it out of the water.

Ryuuroden

A new [painted] image of Hestia [Kotobukiya] is out. That hometown! I'm still interested in seeing Max Factory's version first, but I fully expect Kotobukiya's version to sell out nearly instantly [given her popularity]. I am undecided.

Also, sculpts for Belial [Seven Deadly Sins] and Charles D'Artagnan [Hyakka Ryouran]. Both look amazing, and will be owned by me. I just hope I don't have to go through a proxy for Belial. Damn you Orchid Seed for restricting sales of Seven Deadly Sins outside of Japan. :mad:

Also, an announcement for a Takanashi Rikka - Bunny ver. figure, but I'll be passing on that one.

OH Shiiii, finallly D'Artagnan, only been waiting over 2 years since she was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom