• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My Iori

Phat_Iori_Minase_04.jpg

Phat_Iori_Minase_05.jpg

antibolo

Banned
Yeah her box is slightly bigger than Kyouko's, which was already pretty huge.

PS: Amiibos are a shit show.

I've officially given up. The fact that scalpers are now selling the Lucina amiibo for more money than the figma is worth, is the final nail in the coffin for me. I don't want to support Nintendo's scalper-enabling scam any longer, even for characters I really care about.

I'll probably sell them all soon, they waste precious shelf space in my apartment that could be used for superior figures anyway.

george_us

I have a strict "no lewd figures" policy and yet I kinda want it as well.

the design sits somewhere in this realm of absurd that I genuinely appreciate

no lewd policy prevents a purchase though
Shadow sums up perfectly why I'm tempted: The sheer absurdity of it. Plus the little clothing that she is wearing actually looks pretty awesome. Love the weird demon shoulder pads plus glasses. But...damn. She makes Mammon look like a nun.

Yeah the box is huge. Also the cardboard they used for it is super thick.

This made me giggle for some reason.

Also, no, I'm not a furry. My avatar is a character from a comic by Stjepan Sejic called Sunstone. It's a BDSM girl/girl romance comic that he posts on his deviantArt page and it's being published in trade format by Image Comics. There are a few of us over at ComicGAF that are way into it. You can read it [NSFW] here [NSFW] if you're curious. There are bare boobies and vajayjays, as well as lots of ropes and latex. You've been warned.

My avatar is one of the main characters drawn as a furry. It was in one of the strips, and is by the artist himself. So it's legit. :D

antibolo

Banned
Why do you immediately assume that we're going to judge you based on your avatar.

People who do this sort of shit are idiots and you don't have to explain yourself to them.

Acid08

Banned
This made me giggle for some reason.

Also, no, I'm not a furry. My avatar is a character from a comic by Stjepan Sejic called Sunstone. It's a BDSM girl/girl romance comic that he posts on his deviantArt page and it's being published in trade format by Image Comics. There are a few of us over at ComicGAF that are way into it. You can read it [NSFW] here [NSFW] if you're curious. There are bare boobies and vajayjays, as well as lots of ropes and latex. You've been warned.

My avatar is one of the main characters drawn as a furry. It was in one of the strips, and is by the artist himself. So it's legit. :D

It's because you're a perv. A lovable perv.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
This isn't even close to true. They're constantly putting out SEED kits. Freedom just got announced for a new HG.

Try being a G Gundam fan. We're never going to get updated kits for the Devil, Shuffle Alliance, or Rising.

They only release like 8 mg per year, I didn't think they would have slot.

At least the new GBF all bring a good variant of God and rising Gundam.

kewlmyc

It's SAO, but not shit, with better designs. I mean, it could go to shit...

But, yes. And I love it.

I don't believe you. Seems the same so far except the MC isn't completely OP from the beginning unlike Kirito.

I'll continue giving it a shot though. Even SAO was good for the first few episodes.

Einbroch

Banned
I don't believe you. Seems the same so far except the MC isn't completely OP from the beginning unlike Kirito.

I'll continue giving it a shot though. Even SAO was good for the first few episodes.

I actually didn't mind SAO at all the first 14 episodes. Kinda got dumb towards the end of those 14 episodes, but I still enjoyed it.

Unless it jumps the shark like SAO, I can see myself watching this for a while. Plus the character designs are so good.

antibolo

Banned
There's still plenty of time left for them to turn all into faeries, and for the MC to get a cousin/imouto who secretly wants to bone him.

Acid08

Banned
Oh man, Sepang Miku is back up on Ami....for almost 2k more than the price I got when I pre-ordered her. Is that common as they get close to release?

kewlmyc

I actually didn't mind SAO at all the first 14 episodes. Kinda got dumb towards the end of those 14 episodes, but I still enjoyed it.

Unless it jumps the shark like SAO, I can see myself watching this for a while. Plus the character designs are so good.

SAO lost me from the moment Asuna went from being a pretty good and strong character to running to Kirito for protection against her own bodyguard, who was way weaker than her. Runs into the same issue most harems have where the characters are way better when they aren't within a 10m radius of the MC. Glad I didn't bother with the Fairy Arc as well. Animation was nice though.

Despite not liking SAO, I still pre-paid for this though: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198579

YOU MONSTER!

:p

I liked SAO.... Until the end of Episode 14. Then it got fucking stupid.... And then it was good again when Sinon showed up.... Then it got meh when they all went into ALO.

Oh man, Sepang Miku is back up on Ami....for almost 2k more than the price I got when I pre-ordered her. Is that common as they get close to release?

The only other time I've seen it happen was for Alter's Mefmera.

Einbroch

Banned

Yup. They creep the price up the closer and closer a figure gets to release. Get 'em early or pay a premium.

I liked SAO.... Until the end of Episode 14. Then it got fucking stupid.... And then it was good again when Sinon showed up.... Then it got meh when they all went into ALO.

While I agree the first arc was the best, I did really enjoy the second arc too and it's one of my favorite animes. Been eagerly awaiting season two as it seems Aniplex is finally releasing the blu-ray sets starting in June so I'll finally see it soon lol

Alters Luke, Lloyd and Asbel are all higher priced on AmiAmi now compared to when AmiAmi first put them up, luke being about 2k more as well.

kewlmyc

Wait, what? How have you not seen SAO2? If you live in the US, there's no reason not to sub to Crunchyroll. Because seriously, fuck Aniplex.

Maybe she wants to watch it dubbed?

After I get my April order, I'll only have 3 figures left that aren't already paid for. Yayifications!

Wait, what? How have you not seen SAO2? If you live in the US, there's no reason not to sub to Crunchyroll. Because seriously, fuck Aniplex.

I really hate watching subbed anime so I need to wait until it's fully dubbed lol but yeah I agree with you on Aniplex, their prices are waaaaaay overpriced but I love SAO and it's probably the only overpriced thing I'll buy from them lol

Maybe she wants to watch it dubbed?

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with anyone who hates dubs and prefers sub but for me I'm a dub person.

Acid08

Banned
For Love Live people, the notebooks are all in stock(with the exception of Nozomi) on Ami. Get 'em while you can :p

Yup. They creep the price up the closer and closer a figure gets to release. Get 'em early or pay a premium.

Glad I got it early then. 11k isn't a price I'd be willing to pay for her.

After I get my April order, I'll only have 3 figures left that aren't already paid for. Yayifications!

One day, I will join you in the sun.

I really hate watching subbed anime so I need to wait until it's fully dubbed lol but yeah I agree with you on Aniplex, their prices are waaaaaay overpriced but I love SAO and it's probably the only overpriced thing I'll buy from them lol

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with anyone who hates dubs and prefers sub but for me I'm a dub person.

I don't hate dubs, I mean, I'm not a snob about it. But I'm endlessly amused by BD/DVD advertisements for shows being released when I saw them months ago. Though I do occasionally pick up a dub myself when I really loved a series, or am just curious enough to blind-buy something.

Acid08

Banned
I po'd Kotori and Nico's but now I'm thinking to get them all lol Hopefully if I order Nozomi that ami can secure a copy since it's backordered.

I had Nozomi and Maki po'd. Have Kotori, Rin, and Eli in my cart right now. I wonder how heavy they are, books can jack up shipping depending on how big they are haha.

I don't hate dubs, I mean, I'm not a snob about it. But I'm endlessly amused by BD/DVD advertisements for shows being released when I saw them months ago. Though I do occasionally pick up a dub myself when I really loved a series, or am just curious enough to blind-buy something.

Oh no worries, I wasn't talking about you, your cool :p I know in some places there's dub hate and fighting and my personal opinions are the more options the better :) subs will always be there and adding a dub just lets more fans enjoy a series so it's win win! I support dual audio for games even though it does nothing for me but i know others like it and that just means more happy fans :D /end off topic rant lol

yeah it's definately been a hard wait, waiting all this time though lol by the time animes get dubs it's usually a year or so after it aired in japan but at least it means there's always new things to look forward too haha.

I had Nozomi and Maki po'd. Have Kotori, Rin, and Eli in my cart right now. I wonder how heavy they are, books can jack up shipping depending on how big they are haha.

Yeah not sure how heavy they are, hopefully not too much though.

Meyneth

I can't handle marathoning shows anymore and I need my animes now, so I got used to subbed anime.

That being said, I will never NEVER watch FMA or FMA:B or Medabots in Japanese. I don't care, I don't want to know (⇀‸↼‶)

Giolon

Jesus you weren't kidding. Looks like they wielded two hot air balloons on her and called it a day.

You know what's really disgusting? I kind of want it.

I have a strict "no lewd figures" policy and yet I kinda want it as well.

the design sits somewhere in this realm of absurd that I genuinely appreciate

no lewd policy prevents a purchase though

Shadow sums up perfectly why I'm tempted: The sheer absurdity of it. Plus the little clothing that she is wearing actually looks pretty awesome. Love the weird demon shoulder pads plus glasses. But...damn. She makes Mammon look like a nun.

My rule has long been I have to be comfortable displaying it in my living room when guests come over. That means that sexy is definitely ok in my book (no swimsuit figures because they're boring), but it can't be too lewd and it definitely can't be naked! Asmodeus with her underboob was the closest I ever came to the line (I couldn't deny her magnificent presence though) and Mammon was the first purchase that made me go completely past my line with the hopes that I have enough willpower to not turn it into a slippery slope! Lucifer's extremely abbreviated bikini bottom is also right up on the line (couldn't they have given it more frontal covering?) since I pushed her to the back of the bottom detolf shelf next to Mammon.

But now Belial...it's like...almost mesmerizing how ridiculous she is. It's beyond just laughable. I can't possibly put that on display though!

Don't mind me, just sittin here washing mah figures.

Speaking of which, how harmful is it to leave some water droplets on them as they dry off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom