• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nnbyd6rXC81r7jzano1_r1_540.gif

Its a good thing I'm not into cat girls. Still cute tho.

antibolo

Banned
Hey this talk about where figures are displayed reminded me that I also had a question to you folks who own a ton of figures:

Do you keep all of your figures' boxes?

I keep all of mine in the upper shelf of a closet in my apartment, and while my collection is still small enough that it's not a hassle, I have to wonder if I'll be able to keep this up as my collection grows.

cajunator

Banned
Hey this talk about where figures are displayed reminded me that I also had a question to you folks who own a ton of figures:

I keep all of mine in the upper shelf of a closet in my apartment, and while my collection is still small enough that it's not a hassle, I have to wonder if I'll be able to keep this up as my collection grows.

Yes. Theres a storage closet attached to the bathroom. I set up a box fort in there.
I shall take a pic later.

chrono01

Why? Does it get me more points?

Also, where is Ryosuke? He can't dethrone me and then not show for the rematch.
Sure, why not? Let's make it a cool 100-points.

Not sure where Ryosuke is. Haven't seen him in a while. Probably cashing in that gold crown for winning that highest number of posts.

Keep everything, even the little plastic inserts in case you ever need to store your figure/transport it to keep it safe. Not only that, but it adds to the re-sale value if you ever get rid of it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Boxes are a part of the figure! Plus you can resell them later if you're in a pinch.

I only keep my Figma/Figuarts/etc boxes.

Acid08

Banned

Definitely keep all of them. My closet is packed full now though, going to have to come up with another solution for storage.

antibolo

Banned
I feel like figure boxes are the dark underbelly of the figure collecting world...

It's all very meta. The hidden collection behind the collection, etc.

antibolo

Banned
At one point, doesn't box storage start to become a bigger problem than actual figure display space??

Or am I just thinking too hard about this?

At one point, doesn't box storage start to become a bigger problem than actual figure storage??

Or am I just thinking too hard about this?

I'm with you, while I dont have tons of open retail in my detolfs for more figures I do have enough for quite a few, where as I have about 6-7 large AmAmi boxes full of figure boxes that are making my 2 closets near capacity lol

kewlmyc

The floor of my pretty big walk in closet.

gokieks

Yes. And the space that takes up is considerably more problematic than displaying of the figures themselves. My apartment includes a fairly sizable storage closet, but I have a lot of boxes beyond just figures (LEGO, electronics, computer parts, etc.), and the space gets filled up quickly. I have one shelf within the closet that's just figure boxes stacked to the ceiling:

The boxes there are for the most recently obtained figures. As I run out of space, I then put them into a bunch of plastic storage tubs, as well as giant cardboard boxes (courtesy of AmiAmi), which are filled with nothing but figure boxes and just stacked up in the corner of the my apartment (in what would be the breakfast/dining area but which I don't actually use except as a light box photography table.

Penguin Slap

Neo Member
Hi, I've lurked for a few weeks or so. I started collecting a while ago with the Yui K-On figma. Then Yui seemed lonely playing the guitar by herself, so I got Azusa. Then I got the whole band...and now I'm scouring the internet for figures of my favorite characters. It's fun.
Anyway here's my MFC: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Lobelias
...I keep all the boxes in my closet, even the few I've ripped in my enthusiasm.

Hi, I've lurked for a few weeks or so. I started collecting a while ago with the Yui K-On figma. Then Yui seemed lonely playing the guitar by herself, so I got Azusa. Then I got the whole band...and now I'm scouring the internet for figures of my favorite characters. It's fun.
...I keep all the boxes in my closet, even the few I've ripped in my enthusiasm.

Welcome. May your shelves be full and your wallet empty.

RIP Penguin Slaps wallet. 04/24/2015.

antibolo

Banned
Since we were talking about that Hibiki and I guess some of you are not on LINE and to build up hype I took some pics of mine. Sorry for the poor phone pics:

How the hell can you even consider this poor.

I give up. I simply can't take pictures for shit, if I can't even match "poor phone pics" with my P&S then why the hell am I even trying.

I actually ordered a Sony a5000 today but I'm just going to cancel it, it's going to be completely wasted on me.

Meyneth

Yes, in a closet. Every couple months I reshuffle the stacks for optimum Tetris power.

At least nendo boxes look cute when stacked together (ꈍᴗꈍ)

Acid08

Banned
Since we were talking about that Hibiki and I guess some of you are not on LINE and to build up hype I took some pics of mine. Sorry for the poor phone pics:

http://a.pomf.se/chvmwo.jpg
http://a.pomf.se/xwjhjn.jpg
http://a.pomf.se/cvbfry.jpg
http://a.pomf.se/dysupe.jpg
http://a.pomf.se/osyvlx.jpg
If that re-release ends up happening I am THERE.

Welcome! Good choices for your first figures. I recently got the whole set too and love them :)

I have no orders with amiami for April, so I'll be missing a post card. I'd just buy the new release of Blazblue, but it's sold out. This is a serious problem and I have no idea what to do. Also haven't found anything in the used section that I'd commit to.

gokieks

How the hell can you even consider this poor.

I give up. I simply can't take pictures for shit, if I can't even match "poor phone pics" with my P&C then why the hell am I even trying.

I actually ordered a Sony a5000 today but I'm just going to cancel it, it's going to be completely wasted on me.

Get some proper lighting and your picture quality will dramatically increase even if you keep using a phone or P&S.

johnsmith

remember me
Quick question. For those who have enough figures that they need to have entire shelves and detolfs dedicated to them, where do you display your figures at? The living room? The bedroom? An entire separate room dedicated to just figures? I'm apartment browsing and I'm not sure if I should go for a one bedroom and store my figures in my living room, or go for a two bedroom and have one room dedicated entirely to figures.

Also, I ordered a preowned Alter Yoko Littner from Solaris Japan. I'll let you know how it goes.

I use a separate room as my PC/figure room. If you can afford it I'd definitely try to get a place with an extra room or office. No figures at all outside this room.

As for storing my figure boxes, I keep them in huge plastic storage containers. I have a huge, lighted, cement floor crawl space. I'll never run out of storage space.

I'm consistently enjoying Hestia Knows Bestia. It's one of those shows that's over before you know it. If this keeps up, it might be my favorite show this season. Nothing to do with ribbons, either.

So where are these teaser pics of Koto's painted Hestia? I want to see.

Edit: The painted pic popped up at MFC. She looks good so far. Can't wait to see the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom