• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow for 15k those are terrible. Teerrrrible. At first I was wondering what was THAT bad about them, till I saw the price.
Also I don't play the games so Iunno what they are SUPPOSED to look like.

CDaUjCoVAAAX10r.jpg:large

My little dungeon crawling nendo can't be this cute!

RMI

Banned
Quick question. For those who have enough figures that they need to have entire shelves and detolfs dedicated to them, where do you display your figures at? The living room? The bedroom? An entire separate room dedicated to just figures? I'm apartment browsing and I'm not sure if I should go for a one bedroom and store my figures in my living room, or go for a two bedroom and have one room dedicated entirely to figures.

Get a dedicated room. I have a few in the living room but they're not prominently displayed, just sort of tucked away in shelves with other things The office is where I keep the majority of my collection on display.

Man, I don't get it. There's this old GSC figure I want... And everywhere I see her for sale, she's $150-$300.... But every time she pops up on AmiAmi or Rakuten or something, she's around 6.8k... This is seriously fucked.

Theonik

the face is fucking terrible
Not worried about phone pics BUT DAT EYE WHAT THE FUCK!?
Like others have mentioned, they positioned it a bit odd. The reason is it looks better from some angles. It's a sort of Anime forced perspective. This is the original artwork she's based on:

How the hell can you even consider this poor.

I give up. I simply can't take pictures for shit, if I can't even match "poor phone pics" with my P&S then why the hell am I even trying.

I actually ordered a Sony a5000 today but I'm just going to cancel it, it's going to be completely wasted on me.
This is the best Figure-foo I've been able to get out of this iPhone 4S:
http://a.pomf.se/spkpxb.jpg
http://a.pomf.se/btedkm.jpg

I really need to buy a DSLR again.

chrono01

Whaaaaat!

Want! (pending final paint)
It surprised me too. I didn't expect to suddenly see a finished sculpt.

Anyone know if the golden week holiday off time that sites take counts against your payment deadline?
It counts, but I don't believe they'll ask you for confirmed payment on a day where they don't work. As long as it's paid/confirmed on the day they return back, it should be fine.

I wouldn't go over the seven days [AmiAmi] if I were you, though. I wouldn't want to risk it. >_<

Man, I don't get it. There's this old GSC figure I want... And everywhere I see her for sale, she's $150-$300.... But every time she pops up on AmiAmi or Rakuten or something, she's around 6.8k... This is seriously fucked.

Welcome to the nightmare I had in acquiring Hattori Kiriko. Her price has gone up now, but at the time I was looking she was 6-8k on Manda; unfortunately she only showed up like once a year and sold almost instantly. In the end I found a good deal locally on ebay before I managed to get one from Manda/amiami/etc.

more Akatsuki-chan

Yay more flat figures! <3 She looks really cute. Next time rightstuf has a sentai sale on gonna buy it lol

It counts, but I don't believe they'll ask you for confirmed payment on a day where they don't work. As long as it's paid/confirmed on the day they return back, it should be fine.

I wouldn't go over the seven days [AmiAmi] if I were you, though. I wouldn't want to risk it. >_<

Oh okay thank you! I still have a few more items waiting to become instock before I get the invoice I was just more or less curious if those days counted as part of the deadline.

What's your point? You're just trying to make me feel even worse?

Dont worry I understand your pain. The lighting in my apartment is god awful and I have a phone camera too. For some strange reason my apartment has no ceiling lights so I rely on lamps and unless its early morning when the sun is rising in my living room it's near impossible to get enough light to make halfway decent pictures lol

Theonik

What's your point? You're just trying to make me feel even worse?
Camera doesn't really do much besides noise, focus, etc.
It can help in your case though, some better cameras have significantly better image stabilisation which can help a lot, and better sensors can get away with shorter exposure so become less shaky. For the Hibiki shots I have my phone set upright on the shelf itself so it's pretty stable so it is close to the best that camera can do in those light conditions which admittedly are pretty poor.

Another awesome Hot Toys fig came in, still no time to properly unbox and pose it.

I should probably do something about that, it's getting ridiculous :/

Grats! I admit that I'm not big on realistic figure but they do have some impeccable painting and sculpting.

I was tempted to get http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...eywords=mr+bean$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1 at one time as I love Rowan Atkinson and I mean who wouldn't want this face by your bedside?

:D lol

but I decided not to as it was too pricy

Zerojul

Grats! I admit that I'm not big on realistic figure but they do have some impeccable painting and sculpting.
Tbh, I don't collect them because they're realistic, I get them because they're the best Marvel action figures on the market. I don't care at all about actor "likeness", I want them as close to the comics as possible. That's why I didn't get a Wolverine from them, when I get a Wolverine I want him to look like Wolverine and not like Jackman in his pj's. On the other hand I might get ASM2 Spidey because that costume is almost comics-like.

And that Atkinson is scary and awesome at the same time :D

Tbh, I don't collect them because they're realistic, I get them because they're the best Marvel action figures on the market. I don't care at all about actor "likeness", I want them as close to the comics as possible. That's why I didn't get a Wolverine from them, when I get a Wolverine I want him to look like Wolverine and not like Jackman in his pj's. On the other hand I might get ASM2 Spidey because that costume is almost comics-like.

And that Atkinson is scary and awesome at the same time :D

Yeah I understand, I dont like Marvel or the superhero genre in general but they all look like very nice figures ^_^

and yeah thats the charm of him XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom