• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you washing them for? I usually only go as far as dusting. Unless maybe you've had them collecting dust for a few years?

Let's just say I bought this Rei in like, 07, and she has literal footprints on her base where she's been standing.

I wouldn't imagine that the water would be harmful, just wanted to check before something horrific happened haha.

I can't handle marathoning shows anymore and I need my animes now, so I got used to subbed anime.

That being said, I will never NEVER watch FMA or FMA:B or Medabots in Japanese. I don't care, I don't want to know (⇀‸↼‶)

Yeah it definitely leaves you catching up a lot, the unfortunately reality is that not everything gets dubbed unfortunately so if theres an anime I really want to watch and its subbed only (Like Oreimo and before today Love Live!) I will watch it subbed but I just get a lot more enjoyment when watching anime dubbed. Just hoping my top two Anticipated animes, Sora no Method and Amagi Brilliant Park get dubbed by sentai filmworks. They got the video rights but haven't announced whether or not they'll dub either of them yet.

The dub for FMA/Brotherhood was absolutely amazing imo
--------------------------------------------
Now back to figures and stuff an item I purchased 3 times on mandarake only to have them cancel the order and immediately relist (probably didn't like that a foreigner bought it XD) finally got confirmed. They probably gave up lol

Muzicfreq

Banned
Let's just say I bought this Rei in like, 07, and she has literal footprints on her base where she's been standing.

I wouldn't imagine that the water would be harmful, just wanted to check before something horrific happened haha.
The paint can run and sometimes make things worse
/s

Theonik

Don't mind me, just sittin here washing mah figures.

Speaking of which, how harmful is it to leave some water droplets on them as they dry off?
Depends on the paint used. Most figures shouldn't have a problem with that.
But droplets drying could leave stains which can be worse depending on how hard the water in your area is.

Giolon

Don't mind me, just sittin here washing mah figures.

Speaking of which, how harmful is it to leave some water droplets on them as they dry off?

You really want to dry her off as much as possible. Water can leave mineral deposits behind resulting in discoloration which are very difficult to get off of your figure. How much of an issue this is will depend on how hard your water is.

I really hate watching subbed anime so I need to wait until it's fully dubbed lol but yeah I agree with you on Aniplex, their prices are waaaaaay overpriced but I love SAO and it's probably the only overpriced thing I'll buy from them lol

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with anyone who hates dubs and prefers sub but for me I'm a dub person.
we can start a club colette. I dont bother with subs

EDIT: Have you checked out Funimations broadcast dubs? was pretty nice getting to watch Psycho/pass season 2 quickly after it came out

Muzicfreq

Banned
I really hate watching subbed anime so I need to wait until it's fully dubbed lol but yeah I agree with you on Aniplex, their prices are waaaaaay overpriced but I love SAO and it's probably the only overpriced thing I'll buy from them lol

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with anyone who hates dubs and prefers sub but for me I'm a dub person.
I for the most part cannot stand dubs. Futari was pretty cute is an example why I can't, they butchered the names.
Nagisa Misumi is Natalie Blackstone... Heh..heh
Honoka Yukishiro is Hannah Whitestone... Heh...heh... ...
1f2yZ7s.gif

kewlmyc

You should absolutely do it. >:)

eh, ill eventually be paying $X for Revy

Do it, then when I look at my $220 Kino, I can look to you and say "hey, at least I'm not as bad as that guy."

:D

You're supposed to say "no Kewlmyc, that's silly. Don't waste your money on that." This is the worst support group ever. :p

I need to see how big she is. Between Chaika and Sinon, I've taken an interest in snipers recently.

I did dry them off pretty much as good as I could, but I wanted to make sure that having a drop here and there that I couldn't get wasn't going to be particularly damaging. I didn't wash Figma Samus because I was worried about how much water she'd get, but except for two or three of them I went ahead and washed em all. A lot of them are notably better, particularly ZSS's hair. Or possibly placebo, who knows.

Most of my figures are of the cheap variety though. I made sure any worth more than $50 were almost completely dried off.

I for the most part cannot stand dubs. Futari was pretty cute is an example why I can't, they butchered the names.
I dont remember the last time I watched a dub that renamed characters

I generally dislike japanese style acting, especially the way the "cute" archetype is acted.

My main reason though for not bothering is because I like to multitask, cant read subs while running Salvage on FFXI

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, all of these delays leaves me with an empty end of April. Snake/Lucina pls

we can start a club colette. I dont bother with subs

EDIT: Have you checked out Funimations broadcast dubs? was pretty nice getting to watch Psycho/pass season 2 quickly after it came out

A club colette huh? That could work, we can have a weekly game of "Is the Coffee hot or is it cold?" lol

and I've heard of them doing that but no I haven't checked it out yet. I'm assuming thats a subscriber feature?

No worries! We are all fans whether we watch it subbed or dubbed :D
I wouldn't really know if a name or anything was changed unless I heard about it online lol

You're supposed to say "no Kewlmyc, that's silly. Don't waste your money on that." This is the worst support group ever. :p

I need to see how big she is. Between Chaika and Sinon, I've taken an interest in snipers recently.

I'm Spending near $400 on a giant Kirino made by griffon! What do you expect me to say about you wanting to spend $400 on an Alter figure? XD

chrono01

Oh, I thought I would post this here since a few of you showed interest in that Oda Non artbook I mentioned earlier in the thread.

If you don't want to use a proxy for the "Super Special and Extra Lewd Tapestry + Bonus 16-Page Artbook Edition", HMV Japan is still offering the base Limited Edition artbook on its own [for 2,700 yen]. I've used them before and everything went great, and they ship 18+ items outside of Japan [without the need of a proxy].

Pre-Order Link [Possibly NSFW, once the cover art is attached to the listing]

To keep it back on the subject of figures, I don't know how but I completely forgot about this figure, based on one of Oda Non's artwork, was announced. It will be mine [assuming the painted product lives up to my expectations].

Original Artwork [NSFW?]

Acid08

Banned
Oh, I thought I would post this here since a few of you showed interest in that Oda Non artbook I mentioned earlier in the thread.

If you don't want to use a proxy for the "Super Special and Extra Lewd Tapestry + Bonus 16-Page Artbook Edition", HMV Japan is still offering the base Limited Edition artbook on its own [for 2,700 yen]. I've used them before and everything went great, and they ship 18+ items outside of Japan [without the need of a proxy].

To keep it back on the subject of figures, I don't know how but I completely forgot about this figure, based on one of Oda Non's artwork, was announced. It will be mine [assuming the painted product lives up to my expectations].

Original Artwork [NSFW?]
"Super Special and Extra Lewd Tapestry"

no thanks

chrono01

It won't. But you'll buy it anyway. I know you Chrono-kun.
Probably.

"Super Special and Extra Lewd Tapestry"

no thanks
Regular Limited Edition it is!

No seriously, what's really important is the artbook, everything else is just extra. Considering the popularity of his art, and the fact that this is his first official artbook, I can see it increasing in-value pretty quickly.

I've always loved his art, so when I heard he was releasing an artbook, needless to say I had to have it.

Welp, given that when Lucina gets here, I'll have 3 figmas, I'm REALLY tempted to get the Little Armory kits now.

These are gonna be so fucking awesome hahaha.

chrono01

I don't own many figma [the joints tend to bother me], but I will admit that they have a lot of potential when it comes to posing. Nendoroid do too, but with figma you get a more varied amount of range in which to do it, not to mention to the overwhelming amount of accessories they tend to come with [as mentioned above].

BTW, for those that pre-ordered Ken Kaneki [Tokyo Ghoul], here you go. A preview video from Kotobukiya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANfwcdON6ls

kewlmyc

Quick question. For those who have enough figures that they need to have entire shelves and detolfs dedicated to them, where do you display your figures at? The living room? The bedroom? An entire separate room dedicated to just figures? I'm apartment browsing and I'm not sure if I should go for a one bedroom and store my figures in my living room, or go for a two bedroom and have one room dedicated entirely to figures.

Also, I ordered a preowned Alter Yoko Littner from Solaris Japan. I'll let you know how it goes.

george_us

Quick question. For those who have enough figures that they need to have entire shelves and detolfs dedicated to them, where do you display your figures at? The living room? The bedroom? An entire separate room dedicated to just figures? I'm apartment browsing and I'm not sure if I should go for a one bedroom and store my figures in my living room, or go for a two bedroom and have one room dedicated entirely to figures.

Also, I ordered a preowned Alter Yoko Littner from Solaris Japan. I'll let you know how it goes.
I display all of my figures in my living room, but I usually only display five or six at a time.

Giolon

Original Artwork [NSFW?]
What extras come from where? I don't care about the tapestry but an extra art book...

And that figure looks like it could be pretty awesome based on that art. Probably couldn't buy it though. XD

I keep all my figures in my living room and adjacent dining area. That's why everything has to be displayable. :) I have a guest bedroom, but when I have people stay over I feel like I want to have a place that's pretty neutral that they can escape to without having figures staring at them.

Similarly, I'm keeping my own bedroom figure and anime free. I just don't want my entire place to feel like it's been overrun by anime stuff everywhere. Though I will admit, that the number of figures in my living room could make it feel like that to some visitors.

I should try to get a photo of my whole collection this weekend. That is if I can clean up my living room enough to be willing to share a photo of it on the internet. XD

I have some framed posters in my bedroom, which are comic and game related, but they're fancy schmancy posters. Not the 5.99 Target posters. The >$50 kind.

I've got my vintage Urusei Yatsura movie 1 & 2 posters framed in my living room, and my KLK poster framed in my hallway.

Femto.

In my room I have ikea vittsjo shelves that are inside an empty closet that has no door. I have another closet just outside my room that I use for clothes so I've never used the one in my room other than displaying stuff inside it.

However, when I move I plan to have my gaming stuff and figures in one room together.

chrono01

What extras come from where? I don't care about the tapestry but an extra art book...

And that figure looks like it could be pretty awesome based on that art. Probably couldn't buy it though. XD
Toranoana and Melonbooks both have a tapestry containing a different piece of art. To make it even more cruel, when both tapestry are placed alongside each other they complete the picture, revealing a single image, compelling you to pre-order from both places. Thankfully, they look great on their own so it's not exactly needed.

For the 16-page artbook, they're available at both Tornoana and Melonbooks too. It's unclear as to whether or not they differ [the image on the site is different, at least, so it's possible]. Toranoana offers one additional bonus that Melonbooks doesn't, that being a collector's box in which to store the artbook itself.

gokieks

I live by myself in a reasonably spacious (900 sq. ft.) 1BR apartment. The living room just extends to the breakfast area, and I have basically everything that's not my bed there, including the 4 DETOLFs.

I have a separate room for mine. Also got a gaming room :p

I have an entire separate room

chrono01

Last call for anyone who was thinking about the Kotobukiya sexyface exclusive version. The Kotobukiya web shop is showing very low inventory. Now or never!
And if you think you can't, stop yourself. You ken if you kaneki can.

I actually don't have him pre-ordered either. Nice sculpt, I just don't feel the need to own him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom