• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY (Agito XIII) Type-0 |OT| Occupy Suzaku

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

z_Top_II.jpg

z_Feat_Left_II.jpg
Zero_Feature.gif
z_Feat_Right_II.jpg

Uex3g.jpg

z_FTPanel_Left.jpg
Zero_Panel_System.gif
z_FTPanel_Right.jpg

9vad0.jpg
z_Media.jpg

z_M_SubT_Left.jpg
z_M_SubT_Right.jpg

z_M_SubD_Left.jpg
z_M_SubD_Right.jpg

z_Bottom_II.jpg

Special Thanks to Falsate!

Skilletor

Really looking forward to impressions.

I loooooved the demo.

lol.l One of those screens has a character with Vergil's spiral sword thingy.

Road

Leona Lewis said:
Whoa, nice OP! Love the embedded YouTube links, I've never seen that before.
All the collage as one big image is really interesting, with gifs and links and what not.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Beautiful OT.

At this point, I really don't think the PSP version's going to make the jump. Maybe they'll just port it to the Vita.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Great |OT|.

The game itself is good so far, although I was only to play it for an hour. Phantoma sucking is much faster compared to the demo and it's the same with the camera, I didn't really have any problems with it yet.

Famassu

I have the OST under way. This will probably be like Xenoblade where I got the OST day 1 and the game was localized & released outside Japan over a year later (and I still don't have the game, for some reason... the OST is awesome, at least :lol).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nice OP!

I cancelled my UMD preorder, but my LE OST is coming in the mail. So psyched for a new Ishimoto soundtrack! :D

I hope other GAF members playing this have favourable impressions regarding the control and camera (which were the gripes I had after the demo, but the multitude of characters available and their different movesets were cool, though!). If so, I might pick this up in time for Christmas.

Dunan

Nice OT!

My game is still in transit (hurry it up, Amazon.jp!) so I bought the World Preview to get hyped up. 840 yen is like $11.00, but this book looks worth it; nice fold-out poster and that kind of thing.

Stuff gleaned from the book so far:

* Our heroes, unlike Japan's poor beleaguered salarymen, need to eat and sleep, so you can only be in action 12 hours a day. When you have a certain number of days before a mission starts, keep this in mind if you want to train, wander around, etc. beforehand.

* The main characters are all named after numbers/cards, but they aren't the only ones. The spellings obscure them, but two of the l'Cie, Zhuyu and Caetuna, are pronounced shuyu and setsuna which are the -- rarely used, I'll admit -- Japanese words for 10^-15 (須臾) and 10^-18 (刹那), respectively. (Has anyone noticed this before?)

* Lots of battle screenshots, monsters, eidolons, scenes in the Peristylium, etc. It'll teach you how to play, particularly if you never played the demo.

* Voice actress Aki Toyosaki dressed up as her character, Sice, and did a pretty good job of it!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Kagari. OT looks great:)

Dunan said:
Nice OT!

* Our heroes, unlike Japan's poor beleaguered salarymen, need to eat and sleep, so you can only be in action 12 hours a day. When you have a certain number of days before a mission starts, keep this in mind if you want to train, wander around, etc. beforehand.

Yup...Am playing and wondering whether there are any missables due to choice. I'm down to 2 hours (i.e. one event with a person with an exclamation mark on their heads) and I have like 5 or 6 events to trigger >_>

So treading carefully....

The camera feels alright most of the time. Seems improved from the demo. Phantoma gathering is very much improved.

Aeana

Finally! Good times.

I was going to wait until I got my Vita to play the game, but I caved and bought it on PSN last night. Since I should be able to play that on Vita later, it worked out all right. I haven't started yet, but I will once I finish Dark Souls this evening.

Both of the game files just barely fit on my memory stick with 26MB to spare. (._. )

fernoca

Damn awesome OT! :)
Loved how the entire post is like that. The closest , which kinda gave me inspiration (to experiment) was the banner of the Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light OT and I recently experimented with it in another thread and got it to work.

It's kinda of a pain to make, since you have to crop everything with nice precision (unless someone has a better tip :p); but definitely something I'll consider for my next OT. XD

kadotsu

Banned
Did SE disclose the shipping numbers for this because I have no idea how successful this title might be in Japan? It should outsell the Dissidia titles at least, I hope. But regardless, great OP, game looks great, hoping for a localization.

Dunan

Kagari said:
My copy has yet to ship but my OST should be here today.

Did you order the OST well in advance? I ordered mine (Amazon.jp; domestic shipping) on the spur of the moment yesterday and it's supposed to take two weeks to get here; the game, on the other hand, went out yesterday. So I'll probably be getting the game first.

creid

Beautiful OT. Kinda wish I had gotten that LE, but I guess the availability was probably pretty brief?

Dunan

Folks, if any of you were on the fence about whether or not to buy this game, this should sway you.

The voice actor for Cid, named Shuichiro Moriyama, used to do the Japanese TV dub voice for Kojak.

Kojak.

kojak.jpg

Normally I don't give a fig for seiyuu and the senseless hype that surrounds them, but this is too good not to care about. Kojak!

Dunan said:
Folks, if any of you were on the fence about whether or not to buy this game, this should sway you.

The voice actor for Cid, named Shuichiro Moriyama, used to do the Japanese TV dub voice for Kojak.

Kojak.

kojak.jpg

Normally I don't give a fig for seiyuu and the senseless hype that surrounds them, but this is too good not to care about. Kojak!
Fucking sold.

Well, I was anyway, but...

Great OT, Occupy Suzaku though made me instantly think of kidnapping Kagami from Last Blade...

Gravijah

Aeana said:
It isn't a true FF game until it's on PS3.

don't you worry the PLAYSTATION 3 Computer Entertainment System is getting an exclusive 1on1 fighting game called FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII.

jonno394

Looking at the videos I get the idea that this is more akin to Crisis Core than a standard Final Fantasy, would this be a correct assumption?

Aeana

jonno394 said:
Looking at the videos I get the idea that this is more akin to Crisis Core than a standard Final Fantasy, would this be a correct assumption?
The combat is Crisis Core's battle system with party members. And some extra stuff, and sans DMW.

Famassu

jonno394 said:
Yeah, it's an evolution of the Crisis Core system.

Top Bottom