• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY (Agito XIII) Type-0 |OT| Occupy Suzaku

jonno394

Famassu said:
Yeah, it's an evolution of the Crisis Core system.

Brilliant, just what I wanted to hear. I absolutely adored Crisis core.

I don't own a PSP anymore but hopefully this comes westward on the PSN and i'll download and play it through a Vita.

Levyne

Banned
Aeana said:
The combat is Crisis Core's battle system with party members. And some extra stuff, and sans DMW.

Costly Punch!
Costly Punch!
Costly Punch!

Looking forward to english release

Dunan

Gravijah said:
remember when it was a cellphone game

Remember the cell phones people were using back then?

I'd be amazed if even one in ten of those phones is still in use, at least by the people buying this game.

Thoraxes

Someone took upskirts of all the characters in the game and posted pictures of the collection of them, reports Andriasang.

To answer any quick questions should you not want to be spoiled, yes, some of them have differing colors of panties. Also their colors change based on their costume.

There be character spoilers on there apparently though.

LiK

Thoraxes said:
Someone took upskirts of all the characters in the game and posted pictures of the collection of them, reports Andriasang.

To answer any quick questions should you not want to be spoiled, yes, some of them have differing colors of panties. Also their colors change based on their costume.

Haha, yea, wtf. Cant believe that's being reported.

anaron

Thoraxes said:

Classy.

LiK said:
Haha, yea, wtf. Cant believe that's being reported.
There was an earlier report on Andriasang interviewing the woman designing the girl's panties. If I recall correctly, apparently there were going to be black voids under skirts initially, but this lady decided it would give the player a little extra thrill to give the girls some undies.

Labadal

Subscribeb!

Type-0 and Grand Knights History are the 2 games with no set (Western) release date I will get day 1.

LiK

Fine Ham Abounds said:
There was an earlier report on Andriasang interviewing the woman designing the girl's panties. If I recall correctly, apparently there were going to be black voids under skirts initially, but this lady decided it would give the player a little extra thrill to give the girls some undies.
That lady knows what we want.

anaron

Fine Ham Abounds said:
10n7z80.jpg

Netto-kun

Data installs for the game.

Disc 1: 554 MB or 865 MB
Disc 2: 651 MB or 1242 MB

Playing my friends PSN version while I am waiting for my retail copy.

New drawing by Tetsuya Nomura.

Go_Ly_Dow

Amazing OT, Kagari.

Meanwhile, director Hajime Tabata shared a pic of himself at the game's Tsutaya launch event.

Iv9Wl.jpg

He also included a pic of what he looked like five years ago at E3 2006 when the game was first announced.

nvOG3.jpg

I hope Nomura does the same for Versus. The difference will be hilarious.
and depressing

Muffdraul

I'll probably import Type 0 for almost $100 and play it for about an hour and never touch it again, as I tend to do with most handheld games. I have a problem.

Aeana

Muffdraul said:
I'll probably import Type 0 for almost $100 and play it for about an hour and never touch it again, as I tend to do with most handheld games. I have a problem.
Not as big of a problem as the people who buy tons of special editions of consoles.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Seeing this makes me want to buy the game D: But I didn't enjoy the demo... (and I don't have the money for it anyway.) I'll probably wait and get it super cheap next time I'm in Japan.

Still can't wait to read impressions though.

Aeana

Lissar said:
Seeing this makes me want to buy the game D: But I didn't enjoy the demo... (and I don't have the money for it anyway.) I'll probably wait and get it super cheap next time I'm in Japan.

Still can't wait to read impressions though.
I had serious issues with the demo, so I'll be sure to post my impressions and compare the game to the demo as much as possible once I start it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dunan said:
Folks, if any of you were on the fence about whether or not to buy this game, this should sway you.

The voice actor for Cid, named Shuichiro Moriyama, used to do the Japanese TV dub voice for Kojak.

Kojak.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/gallery/data/1732/kojak.jpg[img]

Normally I don't give a fig for [i]seiyuu[/i] and the senseless hype that surrounds them, but this is too good not to care about. Kojak![/QUOTE]
[B]No.[/B] You are NOT going to persuade me with just this, sir!

[spoiler]Takahiro Sakurai being in this game was one great thing, but this is really cool. But I'm still holding myself back since I want to hear more about the improvements made to control/camera/movesets (re: King, Ace, Machina since apparently they made them "easier to use") before deciding to import.[/spoiler]

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Got through the first hour of heavy tutorials (good lord, so much to remember!), and am pretty thoroughly impressed.

The mood and atmosphere are superb, it's easily the best-looking PSP game, and Ishimoto is conquering the score. I'll play it over the weekend and talk about it on our podcast.

PS -- is it at all worth finishing Natsubi to get the "summer uniform"?

klee123

Did anyone try to preorder the LE? I never had the chance to preorder it.

Still yet to order the game. I ordered Senritsu no Stratus instead. Might order Type 0 this weekend

Aeana

Aokage said:
Got through the first hour of heavy tutorials (good lord, so much to remember!), and am pretty thoroughly impressed.

The mood and atmosphere are superb, it's easily the best-looking PSP game, and Ishimoto is conquering the score. I'll play it over the weekend and talk about it on our podcast.

PS -- is it at all worth finishing Natsubi to get the "summer uniform"?
If you don't want to finish it, you can just download a save that already has them unlocked.

pirata

Aeana said:
(psst, they're all named after a deck of cards)

Correct. Ace is obviously an ace and deuce is a common name for a 2 card. The next three are strange spellings/pronunciations of French terms for 3-6 (Trey=trois, Cater=quatre, Cinque=cinque, and Sice=six). The next three are English numbers, the three after that the face cards, and the two after that don't seem to have anything to do with anything.

Definitely shows the game's origin half a decade ago as a card battle game. Or is it still that?

Aeana

pirata said:
Correct. Ace is obviously an ace and deuce is a common name for a 2 card. The next three are strange spellings/pronunciations of French terms for 3-6 (Trey=trois, Cater=quatre, Cinque=cinque, and Sice=six). The next three are English numbers, the three after that the face cards, and the two after that don't seem to have anything to do with anything.

Definitely shows the game's origin half a decade ago as a card battle game. Or is it still that?
Huh? It was never a card battle game. It started out as a multiplayer cell phone game, but the combat was always a derivative of ATB Kai (FF10-2, Crisis Core).

pirata

Aeana said:
Huh? It was never a card battle game. It started out as a multiplayer cell phone game, but the combat was always a derivative of ATB Kai (FF10-2, Crisis Core).

I could have sworn that they originally said it was all going to be card-based. It's so hard to remember that far back...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Something that can be added to the OT if Kagari feels like it - the official Type-0 Ultimania will be out on 24/11:

dXAhc.jpg

Muffdraul

pirata said:
I could have sworn that they originally said it was all going to be card-based. It's so hard to remember that far back...

Cards definitely figured into the game somehow, though I've never paid enough attention to recall if they ever claimed the battle system was card-based.

Final-Fantasy-Agito-Xiii.jpg

duckroll

pirata said:

No, the game was never card based, it was never announced as card based, and it was never intended at any point to be card based. It was always an action RPG. I think you're confusing it with the fact that one of the main characters uses CARDS as a weapon.

Muffdraul said:
Cards definitely figured into the game somehow, though I've never paid enough attention to recall if they ever claimed the battle system was card-based.

That's Ace, the first character they had in the first trailer. He uses cards as a weapon. He STILL DOES.

Muffdraul

duckroll said:
That's Ace, the first character they had in the first trailer. He uses cards as a weapon. He STILL DOES.

OK, OK, Jesus Christ.

You were a lot nicer when we worked on jetfuel's Xenosaga Ep. I JP version FAQ together. =P

duckroll

pirata said:

Ace, deuce, trey, cater, cinque and sice are the traditional names for the numbers of a six sided dice. That's the origin of the format.

rataven

Gorgeous OP Kagari.

Have read some wonderful and thorough impressions from a pal, so I guess I'm going to be playing this vicariously, while still keeping hope alive for an eventual NA release.

Dark Schala said:
No. You are NOT going to persuade me with just this, sir!
Aww, you're not getting it yet?! I was looking forward to your impressions. Always enjoy your write-ups.

duckroll

Muffdraul said:
OK, OK, Jesus Christ.

You were a lot nicer when we worked on jetfuel's Xenosaga Ep. I JP version FAQ together. =P

Yeah and then I had to play Xenosaga Ep2. It does that to people. :p

Top Bottom