• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY (Agito XIII) Type-0 |OT| Occupy Suzaku

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Glorious OP, by the way. I might have gone "When 9 and 9 Become One" for the subtitle, though :D

Edit: Even though I have no freaking clue what it means yet.

B.K.

toleoring said:
it has FINAL FANTASY as well? Wow, it's good to know.
what a shame, FFXIII!

I was listening to the Final Fantasy Legends soundtrack last week and even it has The Prelude and Final Fantasy.

Aeana

Oh my.
So I got through the tutorial mission, and first impressions are: this is so much better than the demo. First, the phantoma system is absolutely LOADS better. But also, I think the balance is actually sane. I knew that the demo felt out of whack. Everything just feels "correct" now. Camera-wise, though, I'm not seeing much of an improvement. Will keep playing and see how it goes.

Aeana said:
Oh my.
So I got through the tutorial mission, and first impressions are: this is so much better than the demo. First, the phantoma system is absolutely LOADS better. But also, I think the balance is actually sane. I knew that the demo felt out of whack. Everything just feels "correct" now.

Get hype!~

Early impressions are sounding good! I'm really tempted, but I'll try to hold out and hope a Vita release in English comes through.

AuthenticM said:
Is the track Final Fantasy the one heard when crossing the bridge in the original game?

Yes, it's traditionally been the "main theme" of the series.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:
Oh my.
So I got through the tutorial mission, and first impressions are: this is so much better than the demo. First, the phantoma system is absolutely LOADS better. But also, I think the balance is actually sane. I knew that the demo felt out of whack. Everything just feels "correct" now. Camera-wise, though, I'm not seeing much of an improvement. Will keep playing and see how it goes.
Nice regarding everything else but the camera.

This is probably going to be a "maybe" purchase for Christmas, then... depending on how people feel about the camera. If it continues to be lacklustre, I might wait until Vita.

Aeana

Dark Schala said:
Nice regarding everything else but the camera.

This is probably going to be a "maybe" purchase for Christmas, then... depending on how people feel about the camera. If it continues to be lacklustre, I might wait until Vita.
So far I've been doing okay just double tapping R to center it. I don't even bother trying to control it manually.

B.K.

AuthenticM said:
Alright! I wonder why there are some Final Fantasies that don't have it. VII and X come to mind. I remember when I first booted XII and heard it in the gorgeous intro video; I had goosebumps! I'm glad it's back.

It was in VII. It was in the ending credits. The only games that don't have Final Fantasy are II, X, X-2, XIII, and I assume XIII-2.

B.K. said:
It was in VII. It was in the ending credits. The only games that don't have Final Fantasy are II, X, X-2, XII, and I assume XIII-2.
It's been years since I beat VII; I guess I forgot. And by XII I take it you mean XIII?

Aeana

I love Ace's ability set. The different things he can do with his "deck open" command, like heal himself or heal his MP using his ability gauge is pretty rad.

B.K. said:
It was in VII. It was in the ending credits. The only games that don't have Final Fantasy are II, X, X-2, XIII, and I assume XIII-2.

XII does too have Final Fantasy in it. And I should know, I played that version at the end of my fucking wedding.

Aeana

I really regret playing the demo because it soured me on the game. The full game explains everything better, has a more balanced difficulty, and of course has many gameplay improvements over the demo.

Moral that we already knew: RPG demos suck.

Epcott

Damn Kagari, you and Bruce Leroy make GAF proud.

I hope this is released on PSN soon after its U.S. release... I'd really rather play this on Vita so I can control the camera with ease using the second stick (hopefully). This game looks amazing.

Aeana

I think my biggest complaint so far is that you have to level up each character individually. Fortunately, you can "grind" by redoing old missions from the mission list on the title screen, but honestly that still kinda stinks. It just makes the risk in using special orders even greater, because if one of your main people dies, you're stuck with an underleveled substitute.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, I love how the OP is a picture and it has revolving screenshots within. That is fucking cool.

I really wish I could get a confirmation of an English version, though. I would be perfectly fine with subtitles even =(

Aeana

Also, after playing a couple of missions and trying all of the different characters, I think Ace is my favorite to control by far. It may change as I power up the spells and I can start relying on them for the occasions when I have need a ranged attack, but Ace really has it all. Ranged attack, wonderful speed, and his deck command is fantastic. It can heal HP, heal MP, and even cast stop on enemies. I don't want to pigeonhole myself in with one character, though, so I'm going to keep rotating and see if I can find a couple I like controlling in addition to Ace. Right now, Rem is my #2 but her daggers are so short-range.

Top Bottom