• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I really hope this event is single missions, not explorations, for the candy grind. I feel much better putting on a stage I can auto or "Repeat" a win from while semi-afk than having to manually run around and cause encounters and watch where I'm going for 2 weeks.

Reddit datamined that it will be like the FFT event. A set of explorations and a set of missions.

Castle of the Dead BGN
Castle of the Dead INT
Castle of the Dead ADV
Pumpkin Rider Strikes BGN
Pumpkin Rider Strikes INT
Pumpkin Rider Strikes ADV
Pumpking Dread Knight Arrives PRO

Do TM ranks stack? Like if I combine my Cecils at some point...

Yes

So for example if you had 5 Cecils you would only need to combine them at 16% each for the TM

You only get one copy but its speeds the process up considerable

16x5 = 80 + 20 (5% bonus for each identical unit fused)

CCIE

Banned
Looking at Cecil's skill set, he is simply amazing... Now REALLY thinking about just leveling him to 6* on my ALT account without bothering on his LB. Only at L3, and I could use his amazing skill set in a few weeks time I believe. Won't level him yet, but he is possibly primary after Locke, Agrias, and ExDeath. Not to mention I still have to level CoD and Bartz on this account as well.

Damn, I have a lot to do on my ALT account. Still have to catch up story as well, farm HR, and find some time for TMR to boot.

Reddit datamined that it will be like the FFT event. A set of explorations and a set of missions.

Castle of the Dead BGN
Castle of the Dead INT
Castle of the Dead ADV

Aww snap! No ELT ranked stuffs

Hmmm i wonder if the explorations will have nodes

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Uh, I asked about trust masters, which I knew. I MEANT to ask about LBs. Apologies for the obvious.

Do LIMIT BREAKS stack when enhancing same units?

tariniel

I'm on my third Cecil now, I suppose I should be keeping them all for eventual TMs? My very first Cecil just hit 25% and I can't imagine that I'd want to farm 3 Excaliburs... Perhaps I finish the first, then throw both of the others into a party until they get 50% and fuse them to get that 2nd Excalibur? Also today I got my 4th Shantotto. It's going to take a year to get all these - isn't she one that I want as many of as possible? So I can't fuse them.

Also I'm really enjoying the break from grinding events right now, I'm actually kind of dreading the Halloween event because I've liked having the free time to do TM or clear up some old stuff I haven't had a chance to do yet. Right now I'm on a crusade to finish all of the explorations I never did and go back to get the bar-ra spells from silver chests that I ignored previously.

Still haven't cleared ELT for the tower though, to be honest I haven't even tried since the first attempt since I was missing bar-aerora (although it's in the oven now). I kind of wasn't too concerned with it because it was just a trust moogle and then the game rains TM units on me.

Lyrian

Uh, I asked about trust masters, which I knew. I MEANT to ask about LBs. Apologies for the obvious.

Do LIMIT BREAKS stack when enhancing same units?

No they dont and its bullshit :/

Would be a nice middle ground if they let LB experience carry over in fusions

lol, that was the answer I erased from the previous post.

As the good doctor noted, LBs do not transfer over on fusion. Complete weaksauce.

I'm on my third Cecil now, I suppose I should be keeping them all for eventual TMs? My very first Cecil just hit 25% and I can't imagine that I'd want to farm 3 Excaliburs... Perhaps I finish the first, then throw both of the others into a party until they get 50% and fuse them to get that 2nd Excalibur? Also today I got my 4th Shantotto. It's going to take a year to get all these - isn't she one that I want as many of as possible? So I can't fuse them.

Also I'm really enjoying the break from grinding events right now, I'm actually kind of dreading the Halloween event because I've liked having the free time to do TM or clear up some old stuff I haven't had a chance to do yet. Right now I'm on a crusade to finish all of the explorations I never did and go back to get the bar-ra spells from silver chests that I ignored previously.

Still haven't cleared ELT for the tower though, to be honest I haven't even tried since the first attempt since I was missing bar-aerora (although it's in the oven now). I kind of wasn't too concerned with it because it was just a trust moogle and then the game rains TM units on me.

The thing that worries me most about the halloween event isbthe 2 week runtime

They tend to balance the material drop rate to the length of the event which suck cuz it means you need to efficiently grind like crazy to get all the desired items in time

At least thats how it was during FFT and the Mogcake..... And dear gawd demons unleashed...

FF4, Enchhanted Maze and Land of Plenty have been my faves so far.

The thing that worries me most about the halloween event isbthe 2 week runtime

They tend to balance the material drop rate to the length of the event which suck cuz it means you need to efficiently grind like crazy to get all the desired items in time

At least thats how it was during FFT and the Mogcake

Yep can't wait to get 100 candy per run on that Pro level and you need 30k for a Trust Moogle!! Exciting times ahead!

Edit: I doubt it is that bad...but probably not far from it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
lol, that was the answer I erased from the previous post.

As the good doctor noted, LBs do not transfer over on fusion. Complete weaksauce.

but seriously, respect for reading my mind. we're all talking about LBs and it made me wonder, here i am shitposting about TMs.

Muku

OMG. My main account has gotten Maria TWO days in a row. Ffffffark. This sucks ass. Alt account pulled something else yesterday. But then today my alt ALSO pulls Maria. What the hell? Seriously. This sucks.

I want Cecil so bad, but not even sure spending the tickets will yield me him at this point.

It's almost like they don't want us to grind TMs lol will be nice to get some tickets and star quartz for the event and also I'm confused...can the equipment ONLY be used by the new units?

It's almost like they don't want us to grind TMs lol will be nice to get some tickets and star quartz for the event and also I'm confused...can the equipment ONLY be used by the new units?

Don't think so the abilities yes but I see no restrictions on the equipment. If they did no one would take the time to get them anyway.

Lyrian

It's almost like they don't want us to grind TMs lol

Opportunity cost.

Everyone knows that TM gear/abilities are the best in the game, hands down. Everyone also knows that the only serious way to gain these gear/abilities is via lots and lots of ES spam.

So, to emphasize the rarity/power of these gear/items, costs need to be assigned to them. That cost is the lost gear/awakening mats/materia/trust moogles/pots/etc. that will have to be given up to buy time to farm a TM.

So, yes, if you want to chase event gear and upgrades, then the expectation is that the player must sacrifice pursuing TMs.

Not Gonna lie

Halloween event gear looks awesome on Paper

I dont think the AOE paralyze on the mask is going to be higher that 15% rate though

Still the gear is top priority followed by quartz, tickets and finally 6 star mats

I may rearrange these priorities though depending on just how hard farming mass candy corn is going to be

Im not expecting Gumi to be overly generous here.

Pejo

Castle of the Dead BGN
Castle of the Dead INT
Castle of the Dead ADV

Oh this is totally acceptable. I can do explorations if I want to, and have the time, or I can just relax and auto ADV/PRO depending on the difficulty. A+ Gumi.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pro may just be the new ELT. Or they may just want to make it more inclusive this time since it's a Halloween.

So looking over the event and what I want. I think I'll pull 3 or 4 times for Fina, but otherwise keep saving. Both Lasswell and Rain seem solid, but 6* Fina healer sounds like Mini Tilith.

Good news is, for the items. I'm not overly interested in the Knife. It doesn't seem that good. Specifically if Stab means it is an activate skill.

On the other hand, the Access and Hat are excellent and I will be getting both. The basket is basically on par with the Ruler Ring and if it is a full Heal, shiiittt. Hat is fantastic too. Basically after the recent event and the upcoming trial, two mages will be pimped.

Tickets Star Quartz and some 6* Matts too. I only need a few for 6* Cecil and I'll get started on CoD.

I think I'll be saving more, good news is this banner lasts 2 weeks. Meaning an additional week before the FFIII banner. So we should have the FFXIII and Zero banner before, so it is at least a month away, if not a month and a half. XIII banner will probably be two week event, Zero 1 week, Halloween lasts 2, and if they do decide to stick the FFBF banner into it.

I will not be pulling on the FFXIII and Zero banners for sure. Only unit I would want would be Lightning.

Valentus

So demon Rain has 156 atk...

And he learns doublehanded innate.

Doing some quick calculations

If Rain atk is 156,assuming he had atk 20% innate, his base atk should be 130

130 base
65 Blade mastery
26 atk 20 innate
26 lunge combo materia
13 atk 10 materia

260 total

98 sakurafubuki
60 2 bracers
8 black belt gi
28 black cowl

194 atk x2 (2 dualhanded) = 388 atk

388 + 260 = 648 atk

Sooooo... Not totally worthless?

I forgot to add ifrit's 51 atk. So demon Rain can go to 700 atk.

I need to ser demon rain's skills, but that numbers sounds brutal

Muku

I want the hat and basket, but I'm concerned about the price of stuff more than anything. I know it'll be two weeks so the price of stuff will be ridiculous. After the last two week one, and still trying to catch up on things... ugh. We shall see. Want that Star Quartz and Tickets though.

Also ready for CoD to get her 6*. I have all the mats waiting for her so we can roll straight into it. She'll be first one I have that can do it.

I want the hat and basket, but I'm concerned about the price of stuff more than anything. I know it'll be two weeks so the price of stuff will be ridiculous. After the last two week one, and still trying to catch up on things... ugh. We shall see. Want that Star Quartz and Tickets though.

Also ready for CoD to get her 6*. I have all the mats waiting for her so we can roll straight into it. She'll be first one I have that can do it.

I know I grinded Auracite like crazy and didnt get close to getting everything I wanted

Im expecting more of the same here but at the very least I can already eliminate some of the items and I may only try to get enough material to take Cecil to 6 star IF those mats are available

So basically i can focus all my effort on the gear and whatever other desirables there are

Shouta

Wait, Witch Fina can restore MP to units other than herself? That's a Tilith-like ability.

Depending on the rest of her skill set, she might be equal or better than Refia as a healer.

Iceman829

LBs aren't worth grinding, IMO. Nice if you have them leveled but not something you need to aim for.

I've been trying to decide if I should bother with Cecil's LB. With the Halloween event I could farm materials for his 6* (I already saved up for CoD), but I haven't leveled him up yet. I tossed him on my TM squad and he's close to lvl 2 LB already

I know I grinded Auracite like crazy and didnt get close to getting everything I wanted

What did you end up buying from the event? I ran out of stuff to grind for since I bought everything and grabbed materials for CoD 6*. I spent the last few days grinding out mega/magi in the exploration and did some PRO battles for the rank xp

CCIE

Banned
I will be grinding the crap out of the event. Need to start working on ExDeath and Bartz mats for my PRI account. I also need to get any Gigantaurs available on both accounts (cross fingers). My focus is on leveling units, items, tickets (probably just the first two tiers), and then 6* mats at this time

I'm going to do an 11-pull on the FFXIII banner which will probably be the next one. Vanille, Snow, Hope, and Lightning are all worthwhile units to draw.

Not sure about the ALT account just yet - wasn't expecting to pull Rosa so I have a LOT of leveling to do on that account. Just trying to catch up story first... Thinking my leveling priority is going to be Agrias (halfway to FB), Cecil (screw the LB), ExDeath, Locke, CoD, Bartz, ExDeath #2, Rosa. That all goes out the window if I draw Rydia with one of my pulls between now and then. Because then I could field a team with Rydia, Cecil, Garnet, Lightning, and Agrias to have Esper trophies in no time flat!

Rixa

Yup, would be great to get max 6* healer. Thus if one snags Fina there is not so urgent situation to try get Refia.

I've been trying to decide if I should bother with Cecil's LB. With the Halloween event I could farm materials for his 6* (I already saved up for CoD), but I haven't leveled him up yet. I tossed him on my TM squad and he's close to lvl 2 LB already

What did you end up buying from the event? I ran out of stuff to grind for since I bought everything and grabbed materials for CoD 6*. I spent the last few days grinding out mega/magi in the exploration and did some PRO battles for the rank xp

I got Sword, Shield, Star Quartz, all but one ticket and Mats to 6 star Ramza

Im glad I did but I really wanted his Exclusive Materia

It just cost WAY too fucking much

Ill be bummed if this halloween event has easy access to 6 star mats though. Means I could have snagged that materia

Rixa

What would really be nice is if they did another of those friend point summon events that gave cactuars. Sitting on over 50k friend points waiting for this.

Been over 2 weeks at max and havent claimed friend points from friends either. So long time from last event. TM farming gets so much FP and now it is just wasted.

Muku

Im expecting more of the same here but at the very least I can already eliminate some of the items and I may only try to get enough material to take Cecil to 6 star IF those mats are available

So basically i can focus all my effort on the gear and whatever other desirables there are

I busted my ass for stuff. Maybe that's why I'm burnt out a bit. I got the Shield and Sword mats and made, farmed for all of the Star Quartz and Tickets (yep, even the over priced ones), x20 Calamity Gems, x10 Calamity Writ, x10 Rainbow Bloom, and x5 Divine Crystals. Only thing I didn't get that I ran out of time for was x5 Prismatic Horns. But ended up getting that in this past event.

I just hope the stuff from this one is something I can attain as well. Fortunately I've no one to give the murder knife too, so I guess it allows me to skip on that. (I have Zidane, but haven't capped him yet, plus only going to use him for hunting materials.)

I'm also curious if 6* mats will be available.

Edit: Is a caster heavy group going to be good for this event as well?

bryt

I really want 1 Cecil and I have 6k lapis. I already blew all my tickets trying to get him. Should I do an 11 pull or do 500 lapis single pulls hoping I get lucky and get him in less than 10 pulls?

Iceman829

Time for the Frost Dragon ADV battle. I'm going to give it a shot with my current team. If it doesn't work I'll have to bring Golbez back in for paralyze. Here goes nothing.

Edit: Wow that was much easier than expected. Also at 50% hp I nailed him with blind, paralyze and silence at the same time. It was a walk in the park. Time for ADV S-5!

Muku

I really want 1 Cecil and I have 6k lapis. I already blew all my tickets trying to get him. Should I do an 11 pull or do 500 lapis single pulls hoping I get lucky and get him in less than 10 pulls?

Oh god, please don't say that. I was just thinking of using a few to try to get. ;_; I want just 1 but can't seem to get him either.

Daily pull wise we have tomorrow still left to get Cecil, correct?

Syntsui

Oh god, please don't say that. I was just thinking of using a few to try to get. ;_; I want just 1 but can't seem to get him either.

Daily pull wise we have tomorrow still left to get Cecil, correct?

Tomorrow is the banner, Friday is the dungeon. I think today is the last day for ''easy'' Cecils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom