• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I've got some considerable amount of cash prepared for FF III banner. I won't stop until I get Luneth.

By them I'll have enough lapis for a full week of daylies + 2 11 pulls without having to spend a dime. If even then I don't pull him, Gumi directors about to get richer.

I've got some considerable amount of cash prepared for FF III banner. I won't stop until I get Luneth.

By them I'll have enough lapis for a full week of daylies + 2 11 pulls without having to spend a dime. If even then I don't pull him, Gumi directors about to get richer.

I do really want Luneth but...idk, character doesn't do much for me.

Lyrian

Really hit a wall with the game after the last event. I feel like the game consists of nothing more than performing the same attack pattern over and over and hitting repeat for 95% of the content. If you aren't lucky with the REM you don't have much of a shot.

Of course now that I'm about to delete the app because it is constantly crashing, I pull Cecil.

Kind of curious to hear why everyone keeps playing?

Hi J0dy77, from PAD-GAF!

It's kind of strange of you to say that REM luck is needed for success in the lategame, because isn't that the exact same thing in PAD? Or any gacha based game for that matter?

In terms of using the same strategy over and over, perhaps I can restate the situation in PAD terms. Here, in FFBE, the game is at the same place PAD was in its early meta days. The game is in the phase where the best course of action in the lategame is to simply pile up as much damage as possible per round, which is usually in the form of elemental spell chains. The game hasn't yet implemented counters yet, such as overdamage shields, to enforce any hard strategy yet. At best, the game is barely entering a phase where a decidated tank unit/card is needed (Cecil) is needed for the end-most-game dungeons and nothing else yet.

Over time, I highly expect the enforcement of strategies to be needed, which is where this game has some significant potential to shine.

I play this game, partly because of FF nostalgia, but also of it's potential to be a much deeper game down the road than PAD. In PAD, every unit is fixed in its role, with the only modifications being split evolutions, or inherited skills to try to mix things up slightly. Yet, at the end of the day, Pandora will always be Pandora in PAD. Here, if I want Tellah to be a black mage today, then I can complete gear him out in mage gear and abilities. If I want him to be a white mage today, I can do that also. The ability to fundamentally alter a base unit/cards raw function brings so much more value to FFBE than in PAD.

-- On crashes, are you on Android? If so, the game still has has a memory leak in it that makes it unstable. Like JP-PAD vs. NA/EU-PAD servers, Global here is waiting for the patch to make the slow trek across the oceans to fix the bug in a future update.

If you are on iOS, is your storage close to being full. There have been many reports of iOS scrubbing needed game files to maintain a minimum required free storage on a device while in game, resulting in crashes.

Whales

Banned
yall wanting to pull for luneth and that ugly emperor. meanwhile over here I will using ALL of my money until I fuckin get Tidus and Rikku

insert tidus HAHAHAHA.jpg here

Kouriozan

Sadly my tickets count is down to 13 (from 37) thanks to Cecil not wanting to drop.
Guess I got Kuja/Garnet/2 Rosa/Donkey Kong Cecil so I'm not mad.

tariniel

Finally got around to beating Golbez on ELT. I'd have killed him 2nd try if paralyze didn't get literally all of my party; my mistake for forgetting to put on Jeweled Bracer. 3rd try went really smoothly.

Now to do as much TM farming as I can before the event inevitably sucks all energy for 2 weeks.

Considering dropping my Trust Moogles onto Luna to get barrage faster, she's at around 30% now so I still have a ways to go either way.

Finally got around to beating Golbez on ELT. I'd have killed him 2nd try if paralyze didn't get literally all of my party; my mistake for forgetting to put on Jeweled Bracer. 3rd try went really smoothly.

Now to do as much TM farming as I can before the event inevitably sucks all energy for 2 weeks.

Considering dropping my Trust Moogles onto Luna to get barrage faster, she's at around 30% now so I still have a ways to go either way.

No.

No no no.

No.

scarlet

Don't use it on Luna.

Luna is common unit. Use your Moogle on rare unit like Zidane.

tariniel

No.

No no no.

No.

Who's deserving of Trust Moogles?

Don't use it on Luna.

Luna is common unit. Use your Moogle on rare unit like Zidane.

Don't have one yet, guess I'll sit on them for a bit.

Thanks both of you for stopping me from making a mistake (is it still a mistake if barrage is for Lightning?) The only units I have right now over 20% TM are Cecil, Shantotto, Kain, Miyuki, Luna. I have a bunch of others on the backburner but probably none that are super rare.

Folstern

Ludmille, Dark Knight Cecil and Chizuru are good choices. Most people would agree that Cecil is too. I am personally thinking about rotating Agrias up because Save the Queen is non-elemental and close to Excalibur in damage.

EDIT: Miyuki is a good choice too.

NomarTyme

Don't have one yet, guess I'll sit on them for a bit.

Thanks both of you for stopping me from making a mistake (is it still a mistake if barrage is for Lightning?) The only units I have right now over 20% TM are Cecil, Shantotto, Kain, Miyuki, Luna. I have a bunch of others on the backburner but probably none that are super rare.

Dual Wield.... I'm saving my trust moogle for him. He is the only one I would consider to throw my TM at right now with the current units out.

tuffymon

Insert FFBE marketing seeing this message and making Luneth be a not possible drop for you~

Zalasta

My daily pulls this week has been decent, 2x Edge, Kuja, Locke, CoD and a 4* Shantotto. 3 of them are new and the duplicates weren't too terrible. Still don't have Cecil though, may be forced to try my luck with a few tickets tomorrow. I haven't used a ticket for 2+ months,I have pretty good self-control, but really could use a tank. Stocked up on awakening mats with my 17000 auracites, no units to use it on though, lol.

Syntsui

My daily pulls this week has been decent, 2x Edge, Kuja, Locke, CoD and a 4* Shantotto. 3 of them are new and the duplicates weren't too terrible. Still don't have Cecil though, may be forced to try my luck with a few tickets tomorrow. I haven't used a ticket for 2+ months,I have pretty good self-control, but really could use a tank. Stocked up on awakening mats with my 17000 auracites, no units to use it on though, lol.
Get Cecil, GET CECIL.

Lyrian

Fourth this.

I can almost guarantee that you will never ever get a 10% chance to pull a strong 6* tank ever again (unless they do some kind of player's choice banner again, and even then...)

Throw tickets at this, it's worth it in the long run. Cecil is still at the top of the food chain, many months down the road.

-- I have a Cecil on my friends list using only muscle belts and HP +10/15% materia, who has SEVEN THOUSAND HP and ~400 DEF. Good gravy...

Folstern

Running the Phantom Forest with a full team at 100% TM has netted me so many Sacred Crystals. Unless Pro is the only place to get the new materials there is no way I'm stepping foot in the materials vortex again.

Finally took out Golbez after 7 tries. Got a run where my friend Lightning wasn't taken out by the 50% death spell. Time to grind some earth shrine until the next event.

Pejo

Finally took out Golbez after 7 tries. Got a run where my friend Lightning wasn't taken out by the 50% death spell. Time to grind some earth shrine until the next event.

Congrats! I bet it feels good to get that done right before the event closes.

I was reading some of the posts above, and it got me thinking; I don't really have any units left to really look forward to. I mean, there's some units I like (Setzer), and some that are super strong (Orlandu, Tilith), but I don't have anyone to go straight up crazy for like Chilly.

FFIV was my favorite, followed by FFVI, which already released most of the characters. I was really hoping for better representation from FFXI, because I put more hours into that game than any other game I've played, but the characters just added are a big "meh" from me.

I guess I can always sit back and hope that Jecht makes it in, as well as a good skillset for Red XIII and Vincent.

chrono01

I have two Cecil right now. Better try to get another one or save lapis for later?
It's up to you.

Personally, there are a lot of really nice banners coming up, so unless you're P2P, I'd recommend saving your Lapis/Tickets if you already have a Cecil. His TM is great, but I wouldn't advise pulling for more, in-place of new characters themselves.

At least, that's my take on it.

Shouta

Pulling for Cecil now is a pretty good idea considering his rate ups. He's the top tank because his overall kit lets him do multiple things at the same time in one slot (Support/Tank) which helps a lot. The other tanks are each a little different and don't do quite the same things. They're his equal in tanking ability but don't have his range in roles nor can they multiple things at the same time as well as he can. Here's a breakdown of the most viable tanks in JP right now so you know what you're going to get down the line.

- Cecil (FFIV) - The top tank in JP along with Warrior of Light. He covers Healing, Buffing, and Tanking very well because of the way he's setup. He gains Focus, a 20% Def trait, and Saint Wall.

His primary tanking ability is Cover which automatically procs at a 75% rate when he gets Saint Wall at max 6-star. Cover being an automatic ability means that Cecil has the ability to do other commands and still take damage for your characters, allowing you to do X and tank at the same time.

Basically, you can treat Cecil like a beefy White Mage glad in armor.

- Warrior of Light (FF1) - The other top tank. Where Cecil can buff Magic and Spirt, WoL buffs Attack and Defense. The thing with this though is that his buff is 45% and lasts 5 turns while Focus is 40% and only lasts 3 turns. WoL also gets 2 very powerful debuffs, Armor Eraser (-45% Defense/Spirit for 3 turns) and Arms Eraser (-45% Attack/Magic for 3 turns) that he can use on the enemy on top of Full Break. He's a more potent buffer/debuff than even Cecil overall.

The big thing with WoL though is that his cover ability is limited to Iron Wall which is a 30% proc rate. In exchange though, he has Brave Presence. While BP only lasts 1 turn, it makes the enemy target him 100% of the time. This synergizes with his Warrior's Pride skill which has a 30% chance of restoring 25% of his HP/MP when he takes a magic attack. He also has a 50% proc ability where he'll take the attacks for the entire team as well.

- Wilheim (FFBE) - In terms of pure tanking ability, he beats both WoL and Cecil. His HP and defense are just nuts. In addition, he gets General Command which increases Defense/Spirit by 45% for 5 turns raising the entire party's survivability. But here's the real kicker, he gets Indomitable which acts like WoL's Brave Presence but also gives Wilheim a 30% damage reduction for 3 turns. Pretty sick.

The reason he ranks lower than the other two is because he is pure tank where the other two have a bit of flexibility in their roles. Cecil can heal and WoL can debuff and also Raise your party in addition to self-healing skills.

- Rasler (FFXII) - A Jack of All Trades tank. He has some healing abilities, some attack abilities, and some buff abilities. However, he isn't specialized in any of them. That means he's a better fit for new players that don't have a more specialized tank or to fill in slots in compositions rather than be the main tanking force.

I like him quite a bit myself. He has Curaga, like Cecil, which none of other tanks do and he has much higher Spirit to boot. He also has Esunaga and the only tank that has it as a spell. Being able to cleanse your party is pretty nice. His attack power is high because of his passives and he has a 300% attack skill as well. Overall, he's a pretty usable unit. He also buffs Light Resist.

His biggest weakness aside from being a jack of all trades is the fact he's all light attacks. if you fight an enemy that resists light element, he's kinda boned as an attacker.

Emperor Soze (FFBE) - The attacker tank. He has a ton of offensive abilities and a very high attack power considering his role. He can only also buff your party defensively as well. Pretty rare combination of skills for a tank but he's pretty nice.

The big issue with Soze is that he doesn't get any of the Cover abilities which means he has to real on Taunt-style abilities to tank. It makes him a little harder to use and ends up limiting his ability to take advantage of his attack power. He also is purely Fire element which means his attack abilities can be nullified depending on the fight.

- Snow (FFXIII) - The Counter Tank. Snow has several of the key tank abilities but his claim to fame is his ability to counter attack everything. He has 2x the normal counter rate and has an ability with a 30% chance of countering upon getting hit with a magic attack. When you combine that with a taunt skill, he can get you a lot of LB gauge.

His biggest problem is his gear. He can't equip heavy armor and helmets like the other tanks so his gear options are kinda meh. This has kind of resolved itself a little in JP but it's still a little sad. However, he synergizes with Y'shtola well. He can stack on the HP and she'll be able to top him off Benediction easily and she has a damage reduction LB that he can give her quite often.

- Charlotte (FFBE) - The only 5-star tank and really the last one that's notable. She's basically a mini-Cecil because she has the Royal Guard skill which has a 50% proc rate and you Cover in guard mode. She also has a special equip in the Patriot Shield which acts like an Esunaga, making her the only other tank aside from Rasler that can do it.

However, while she has some solid tank stats, she's a 5-star which means she doesn't get the extra stat bump. In addition, she can't heal the party, so you can't use her like you would Cecil, unfortunately. She also doesn't have powerful attacks like Soze or Rasler or tricks like Snow's counter tanking. Pretty usable if you need a tank but still lacking a bit nowadays.

There are a few other tanks below Charlotte but they're not as useful from a tanking standpoint, IMO. These are the notable ones that you'll want to look out for as they come.

Rixa

There is no more message about maintenance in mail. But better to be ready for it.
This was earlier notification message:

RawaIXE.png

They are adding exclusive units, it may well be that MT will be longer than informed.

KeRaSh

Totally forgot about the Maintenance and tried to power through 60 energy for my TM grind. Had around 20 energy left when it kicked me out but got a decent amount of percentages.

Malakhov

Banned
man I hope Charlotte gets a 6 star, she's been my favorite unit lately, the backbone of the team.

Yeah I was leveling her on my main account to replace WoL since I loved her so much on my alt account. All ended for her when I pulled Cecil on both accounts this week, though.

Malakhov

Banned
I was looking to upcoming banners, Tilith and Refia are both base 4*, that's nice. At least they're somewhat possible to get, unlike base 5*.

So we can at least get a 6* tank in Cecil and a high-end healer in Refia or Tilith with some luck.

Syntsui

That moment you spend all obtainable Phoenix Down in the game and still couldn't beat Golbez (FUCK THIS BULLSHIT RNG).

I won't spend quartz for more, I hope we can buy it from the MOG King... This event is extremely tough without a Whale or a Raiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom