• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

Got the mats for the Katana in the oven. Will grab the shield later today and got Alma from my daily pull. What's so special about her? Just her TM? Ultima?

Malakhov

Banned
I got the katana in the oven on both accounts but wondering what is so special about the shield? 36def but what is the undead repelling attached to it?

I got the katana in the oven on both accounts but wondering what is so special about the shield? 36def but what is the undead repelling attached to it?

It concerns your avatar, you should know!!

The shield has undead killer which grants a bonus versus undead enemies. Stacking it with a unit that already has undead killer (WoL) grants an additional boost!

Valentus

https://exviuswiki.com/Category:Armors

- Its the best light shield so far in the game (being light shield means that almost all the units except black mages can equip)

- Comparing with heavy shields, only Aegis Shield (Leo TM) and Golden Shield are ahead of it.

- It has undead killer ability which means the unit with the shield equipped does 50% more damage to undead enemies.

- It has great sinergy with Warrior of Light because WoL already has innate undead killer, plus the UK of the shield, WoL can do +100% damage to undead creatures.

Its a great shield.

bonkeng

Woah, just realized Delita's Moonblade is a 1hander. Excal is a 2hander, but only beats it by that 2 attack =o

No, Excalibur is also a 1-hander. That's why it's better than Moonblade.

Swords and Great Swords in this game are 1-hander. Dunno why though. Great Swords are supposed to be 2-handed.

CCIE

Banned
It stacks with Charlotte's Undead Killer as well. She is Godly as a maxed tank - Shellga is a game changer against strong magic foes like ELT Dungeon. She also protects EVERYTHING, even when she attacks most of the time

Lyrian

Do you have units you need to level up? lol

That is really FFBE, the real deal events finally have come, and all is uphill from here.

Are there units in my inventory that are at least 5* capable that are not maxed out? Then yes, there are units that need to be leveled up. :)

Chilly said:
ALMA GET!!

Daily pull - Gafgarrion ... I guess he goes in the queue to level up and see what he can do after the event.

Congrats Chilly!!!

Grats to everyone to on their pulls!

-- Daily pull: Gold again.... Vann? Um... I'm okay with this? Yes, I'll allow it.

Be careful with ADV C-1 Boss. If you dont take it down in first turn, next turn it can oblitarate you because it does 2 sweep attacks.

It is vulnerable to fire.

About to get there myself. Reddit notes that the big vulerability to exploit here is that unlike everything in ADV so far, the Roper does **not** have any status effect resistances. So, treat like Frost Dragon and blind/paralyze to victory.

Moving forward, this is probably an important concept to look out for. Most ADV bosses will probably require a very specific strategy unique to them in order to win.

Valentus

It stacks with Charlotte's Undead Killer as well. She is Godly as a maxed tank - Shellga is a game changer against strong magic foes like ELT Dungeon. She also protects EVERYTHING, even when she attacks most of the time

Charlotte is more more defensive than WoL. In fact you should equip a gold shield on charlotte to maximize defense. It doesnt stop you to equip barrage on charlotte and going. But WoL with full break makes him more suitable to a fight with an strong undead monster.

Valentus

Are there units in my inventory that are at least 5* capable that are not maxed out? Then yes, there are units that need to be leveled up. :)

Grats to everyone to on their pulls!

-- Daily pull: Gold again.... Vann? Um... I'm okay with this? Yes, I'll allow it.

About to get there myself. Reddit notes that the big vulerability to exploit here is that unlike everything in ADV so far, the Roper does **not** have any status effect resistances. So, treat like Frost Dragon and blind/paralyze to victory.

Moving forward, this is probably an important concept to look out for. Most ADV bosses will probably require a very specific strategy unique to them in order to win.

If you want advice, you should focus your gigantuars in leveling your thundaga mages, because it looks like the FFXIII event will require a lot of thundagas, just like this event is blizzaga land.

Grats Lyrian you son of a bitch!!

Valentus do you think I'll need more than one Doublehand?

If you want advice, you should focus your gigantuars in leveling your thundaga mages, because it looks like the FFXIII event will require a lot of thundagas, just like this event is blizzaga land.

Ah so that means that Kuja will come in handy!!

Mirari

Swords and Great Swords in this game are 1-hander. Dunno why though. Great Swords are supposed to be 2-handed.

Hmm, odd design choice. My gamer brain has been conditioned to think Great Swords would be 2handed. I guess that explains why there’s been folks dual wielding 2 Excaliburs... and here's me thinking it was some weird bug with the dual wield TM, haha.

Valentus

Grats Lyrian you son of a bitch!!

Valentus do you think I'll need more than one Doublehand?

Its hard to say. Because so far (in JP and GL) the only unit that really really benefits from Doublehanded is Garland.

Taking of example Delita 6star (that doesnt have innate dual weild):

With Doublehanded: 652 ATK (Sakurafubuki, black cowl, black belt gi, 2 bracers, 1 ATK+20%, 1 Fencer TM)

With Dual Weild: 675 ATK (Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, Black cowl, black belt gi, 2 bracers, 1 ATK+20%, 1 Fencer TM)

You see that the difference is not that big, but whats the catch: You need 2 bracers to get that little difference. If you cant have 2 Gaffgarion TM and only can access to hero ring, Delita's ATK with doublehaded goes down to 622 with 1 hero ring and 1 Bracer, and 592 with 2 hero rings (because doublehanded doesn work on percentual ATK modifiers) (with dual weild the ATK goes down to 660 and 645 respectively)

And the most important thing: with dual wield you can access to dual elemental attack (you can equip excalibur and the fire katana and your attacks will be both holy/fire element), and with doublehand your attack will be the element of your only weapon equipped.

I think that doublehand so far is a TM only garland can take full use of it. I suggest only get one if you can (and if you have access to get dual weild TM) and focus your grind time to other TMs.

Lyrian

Everyone that can cast Thundaga (that I have) is already maxed out. Sucks that I am still missing both CoD and Exdeath, but I should be okay as I alreadu have Golbez, Kuja, Tella, and Kefka maxed and ready to go for the next event.

Rixa

I guess I will grab some unit that wants 50k exp and do the ELT with this friend from my friend list.

Screenshot_20161002-193945.png
Screenshot_20161002-193954.png

Let the friend carry me :p

Edit: It was close, didnt expect them to resist Ice Blitz, so was the resist from weapons or from where?

Screenshot_20161002-194936.png
Screenshot_20161002-194940.png
Screenshot_20161002-195013.png

Rixa

Wooo! time to solo level some of my characters. Gonna need to wait for Valentus lightninging!

See my pics, it can be tough call. at 5/6 Loffrey didnt die first turn, my Golbez did die :p. Luckily Blade Blitz is ability so no harm from Silence but Loffrey did almost 3k damage at 5/6 wave...

Zafir

Man. I need some Lightning whales on my friend list so they can carry me through Elite.

I can't get through it on my own. :(

NomarTyme

See my pics, it can be tough call. at 5/6 Loffrey didnt die first turn, my Golbez did die :p. Luckily Blade Blitz is ability so no harm from Silence but Loffrey did almost 3k damage at 5/6 wave...

Yeah I'll be careful. Currently trying to level up Bartz, but have him at 5 star(50 lvl)

tuffymon

Yeah poor Golbez. Its the 5* dupe Golbez, going to max level it for the future magic events (that Thundaga).

I too have a 5 star dupe Golbez... just really trying to work on my Bartz, CoD, and Lenna to fill out my A team. So far every event I've had what could smash it, but a step behind with leveling...

That's not for a very long time on Global. JP only got that literally a few weeks ago.

sghgdahdghkaskdhgahsgjldasghas

Its hard to say. Because so far (in JP and GL) the only unit that really really benefits from Doublehanded is Garland.

Taking of example Delita 6star (that doesnt have innate dual weild):

With Doublehanded: 652 ATK (Sakurafubuki, black cowl, black belt gi, 2 bracers, 1 ATK+20%, 1 Fencer TM)

With Dual Weild: 675 ATK (Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, Black cowl, black belt gi, 2 bracers, 1 ATK+20%, 1 Fencer TM)

You see that the difference is not that big, but whats the catch: You need 2 bracers to get that little difference. If you cant have 2 Gaffgarion TM and only can access to hero ring, Delita's ATK with doublehaded goes down to 622 with 1 hero ring and 1 Bracer, and 592 with 2 hero rings (because doublehanded doesn work on percentual ATK modifiers) (with dual weild the ATK goes down to 660 and 645 respectively)

And the most important thing: with dual wield you can access to dual elemental attack (you can equip excalibur and the fire katana and your attacks will be both holy/fire element), and with doublehand your attack will be the element of your only weapon equipped.

I think that doublehand so far is a TM only garland can take full use of it. I suggest only get one if you can (and if you have access to get dual weild TM) and focus your grind time to other TMs.

<3!! thank you!

Lyrian

Ok, just got past the Roper in C-1.

Wow, that is no joke. That's a huge power creep over everything else. Makes Frost Dragon look like a pansy.

3x Sweep (AoE) per round for around 600-800 **each**, AFTER Cheer AND being Power/Full Broken (so, ballpark around 2100-2300 damage AoE each round).

Only reason I lived was that everyone had at least a HP+15% on and just barely made the thresholds for surviving each round. Ended up using Lenna --> Curaja + Tellah+WoL --> Cura (yes, triple heal) while Artemios was trying to land paralyze and Kefka blind.

Third round, paralyze stuck and the Roper went down very fast afterwards.

The Roper fight is a literal definition of being on the receiving side what we are doing to the knights in the FFT event, lol.

Wow, that is no joke. That's a huge power creep over everything else. Makes Frost Dragon look like a pansy.

3x Sweep (AoE) per round for around 600-800 **each**, AFTER Cheer AND being Power/Full Broken (so, ballpark around 2100-2300 damage AoE each round).

Only reason I lived was that everyone had at least a HP+15% on and just barely made the thresholds for surviving each round. Ended up using Lenna --> Curaja + Tellah+WoL --> Cura (yes, triple heal) while Artemios was trying to land paralyze and Kefka blind.

The Roper fight is a literal definition of being on the receiving side what we are doing to the knights in the FFT event, lol.

Lacking WoL Full Break seems like a game over for that fight :( You can't even restart it with lapis right? lol

I leveled lightning to 100 and yes she's absurd. I don't have any trust mastery stuff but just having dual wield is ridiculously over powered. I need to grind out my two zidanes some time.

Rixa

Excalibur is Light element. Loffrey and his buddy have 50% resist for Light.

Bastards :p

Mmm sounds nice. Iam at D4 so some fights before C comes :). Makes me wonder how hard & what tactics is needed for higher grade bosses :D.

Woah, just realized Delita's Moonblade is a 1hander. Excal is a 2hander, but only beats it by that 2 attack =o

yeah mean a Sword and a Greatsword. You can dual wield Excaliburs or any other weapon unless it says specifically you can't.

Edit: I'm super late lol.

Lyrian

Lacking WoL Full Break seems like a game over for that fight :( You can't even restart it with lapis right? lol

Power Break will work as an equivalent.
No continues in the Colosseum.

That said, you have a couple ways to approach this.

1) You can glass cannon this with chaining Firaga. It only has about 36k health at, PRO level defenses. Be warned though, though that if you go this route, either you or the enemy is one and done. If you don't kill it on the very first first round, gg.

2) Land paralyze (better) or blind to avoid Sweep. Paralyze is better, as there is a chance of Sweep still landing while blinded. It is unlikely that a blinded roper will land all 3 sweeps on the same unit. Bad RNG is a thing however, and if neither lands, you better have the HP and healing potential to get back to full every round to try again.

If the roper is not power broken, then nothing short of a maxed 6* or 5* tank is going to survive the first round. So... pray that paralyze or blind lands quickly if you go this route.

Power Break will work as an equivalent.
No continues in the Colosseum.

That said, you have a couple ways to approach this.

1) You can glass cannon this with chaining Firaga. It only has about 36k health at, PRO level defenses. Be warned though, though that if you go this route, either you or the enemy is one and done. If you don't kill it on the very first first round, gg.

2) Land paralyze (better) or blind to avoid Sweep. Paralyze is better, as there is a chance of Sweep still landing while blinded. It is unlikely that a blinded roper will land all 3 sweeps on the same unit. Bad RNG is a thing however, and if neither lands, you better have the HP and healing potential to get back to full every round to try again.

If the roper is not power broken, then nothing short of a maxed 6* or 5* tank is going to survive the first round. So... pray that paralyze or blind lands quickly if you go this route.

I'd be scared if I didn't have a WoL ; ;

I still need a fucking Vaan!! Aces that you got one today though! :)

Shouta

Lol. Only use for Delita is his sword, and it's not even the best. Excalibur trumps it by 2 attack :/

Alma's robe is currently the best robe, i think. I'll use tickets on the last day of this banner to try and get her.

Yeah, got Delita as my first 1/2 daily pull of this banner.

But aside from barrage, he doesn't seem too useful.

He has 40% Crit and one of his attacks has 160% attack modifier with a Ignore 40% defense ignore. He also has Barrage and his Debuffs are stronger and last longer than Full Break's if you can only debuff those stats or don't need to debuff the others. Unless someone has Lightning, Delita is easily a top unit in Global for now.

Muku

Feels good bros, Also I've ranked up twice in two days it's crazy.

Nice congrats! Getting close for enough mats... Should probably hit today. I want to upgrade Garland.

Second day in a row for an Alma pull. Can't complain. Keffka (wtf auto correct) and Lenna will be getting one I guess!

Still have room on my list for folks, if any one would like: 936 875 612

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom