• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I would gladly spend small amounts of money regularly if they offered more reasonable deals more frequently

Instead the only worthwhile packages ask large sums up front. 75-100 bucks isnt happening

Get me to spend 1, 5, or 15 bucks here and there throughout a month or so ... Im game

I would agree that the game is still in whale-chasing mode and that's harmful to everyone.

I have no problem spending money on the game ( American ), but I want to wait until the rules guaranteeing a 4* and 5* base in a 11-pull are in place first.

There's the funny issue of precognition again. In this case, it is highly damaging to the game that Western players have a reasonably sound perspective on what will happen for the next 9 months or so.

Would you have been willing to 11 pull if there was no such knowledge of the gacha changes further down the road?

If you're too generous, you create a situation where you'll never be able to scale back and players will expect it. You do want to give enough to keep the F2P player base active. More players, the better it is and more for all players to play. The next goal should be converting those F2P to Paying customers. Either offering lower bundles, skins, etc. Maybe like a low cost monthly option. Something like a once a month, 1500 Lapis deal + 5 tickets for 10$. It won't offset the whales, but I think something like that which is a once a month deal will get a lot of players who haven't spent, to continually spend.

Basically, how I think is how can I take the MMO model into a F2P game. Because, clearly people do not have an issue with a 10-15$ fee. But once you push it, they'll squirm. So a generous 1/1 monthly deal is the ideal. Whales get a slight increase for their bang and suddenly a lot of players can rationalize that 10$ cost a bit more.

Good daily rewards are also needed. You want to hook all players. So I think they are on the right track with this. Bit more generous with the Lapis in the monthly and it would be perfect(maybe like replacing 50 with 100)

But I would also begin to add in other type of rewards too into the game. I.E. Stuff like this.

Once a month Lapis deal, for 300 Lapis, get half energy for 24 hours.
Introduce the 4* Tickets and offer one now on if you log in every day(Day 28). Or put one in if you buy the 100$ bundle.
For your first purchase every month, get a free 5 slot increase to your choice. If over 30$, get a free 10 slot increase of your choice instead.
Purchase over 50$ and get a 24 hour token for 2x Exp.

And if it was me, I would offer a progress bar for purchasing. The more money spent, the bigger the reward. One time only.
Like at 10$, 2 free tickets, 20$ 5 freeticket, 50$, 10 free tickets, 100$, 10 Free Tickets and a free 10+1 Pull. 150$, A free 10+1Pull and 5 4*+ Tickets, 250$ is a 10+1Pull, 10 Free Tickets, and 1 5* Ticket. , etc. These are just ideas. But I know enough where how people work. You give them the carrot and they'll chase it.

Offer overlay skins for the game. Want a FFVII overlay? 10$. Etc.

Generally, I agree here. These are good ideas.

As mentioned earlier in this response, the game is too busy chasing whales to notice the rest of the community right now.

I have to wonder though, if that the reason why these lower cost incentives are not in place is because Gumi thinks that this action would damage the rate and which whales are purchasing the mega packages (which apparently must be good at the moment).

As someone who in a past life used to pay the $15/month MMO subscription fee, the monthly surcharge fell quickly out of favor when F2P became a thing. Why pay $15 a month, when I can play for free? Only WoW and FF14 can get away with that anymore.

I do like the progress bar incentive for purchases. That is a good idea. Tie long-term purchasing goals to a guaranteed 4/5* base unit? Depending on how that's balanced, that might get me to break ranks for a change and pony up some cash.

Don't see the 4* tickets happening until the gacha changes though. Still not enough units in the pool to avoid needless and aggravating dupes and give a strong sense of variety in the available units.

I would agree that the game is still in whale-chasing mode and that's harmful to everyone.

There's the funny issue of precognition again. In this case, it is highly damaging to the game that Western players have a reasonably sound perspective on what will happen for the next 9 months or so.

Would you have been willing to 11 pull if there was no such knowledge of the gacha changes further down the road?

Generally, I agree here. These are good ideas.

As mentioned earlier in this response, the game is too busy chasing whales to notice the rest of the community right now.

I have to wonder though, if that the reason why these lower cost incentives are not in place is because Gumi thinks that this action would damage the rate and which whales are purchasing the mega packages (which apparently must be good at the moment).

As someone who in a past life used to pay the $15/month MMO subscription fee, the monthly surcharge fell quickly out of favor when F2P became a thing. Why pay $15 a month, when I can play for free? Only WoW and FF14 can get away with that anymore.

I do like the progress bar incentive for purchases. That is a good idea. Tie long-term purchasing goals to a guaranteed 4/5* base unit? Depending on how that's balanced, that might get me to break ranks for a change and pony up some cash.

Don't see the 4* tickets happening until the gacha changes though. Still not enough units in the pool to avoid needless and aggravating dupes and give a strong sense of variety in the available units.

In a sense the F2Play model could be Superior by offering the option of a monthly bonus

In the old MMO model you lose access to the game if you didnt pay up. F2Pmay gets around that by allowing the player to freely choose when to opt in for benefits

That said its clear that we arent sure what model is proving effective for them. They are clearly in whaling mode

CCIE

Banned
Any idea what the next banner is yet?

And I will do 11-pulls on the FFIII and FFXIII banners. I just won't spend for them right now. Without a guaranteed decent unit 4* base, the idea of spending $50 at a shot is terrifying. And I can afford it. Just think it isn't worth it to do so

You can put me in the 100% F2P bucket as well. I'm not there because I'm not willing to spend money, but because there aren't really enough options for me to drop real money on. At this point, I've put enough hours into this that I'm more than happy to pick up a reasonably priced bundle. But the only options of any note whatsoever are $25 and $75. I guess I could get the lapis for $10 (which I might do the next time I'm 1,500 lapis short of an 11 pull on a good banner), but that's essentially 3 pulls for $10... which just isn't all that enticing given that I have a more than decent chance of pulling utter shit for that $10.

It definitely feels focused on whales at the moment... which I guess is fine, since it allows me to play a game I enjoy for free.

You can put me in the 100% F2P bucket as well. I'm not there because I'm not willing to spend money, but because there aren't really enough options for me to drop real money on. At this point, I've put enough hours into this that I'm more than happy to pick up a reasonably priced bundle. But the only options of any note whatsoever are $25 and $75. I guess I could get the lapis for $10 (which I might do the next time I'm 1,500 lapis short of an 11 pull on a good banner), but that's essentially 3 pulls for $10... which just isn't all that enticing given that I have a more than decent chance of pulling utter shit for that $10.

It definitely feels focused on whales at the moment... which I guess is fine, since it allows me to play a game I enjoy for free.

I suppose if they catered the purchasing to a more accessible level they might feel forced to balance the game around said access to content

Id prefer the game be balanced around a majority of F2Play audience lol

Shouta

What does the price of Lapis even look like in Global?

JP gives you significant amounts of extra Lapis when you buy and it's more the more you spend. I spent 100 on the recent anniversary but it actually gave me about 150 dollars worth of Lapis. Pretty nice amount after a year of getting free tickets and Lapis, if I ignore the 40 or so I spent across the last 12 months. =P

Also, no Ramza or Delita from an 11 pull and about 15 tickets. RIP. I used all my luck on Orlandu.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

JP gives you significant amounts of extra Lapis when you buy and it's more the more you spend. I spent 100 on the recent anniversary but it actually gave me about 150 dollars worth of Lapis. Pretty nice amount after a year of getting free tickets and Lapis, if I ignore the 40 or so I spent across the last 12 months. =P

Also, no Ramza or Delita from an 11 pull and about 15 tickets. RIP. I used all my luck on Orlandu.

It's same principle.
100$ is 12k Lapis + 6k Bonus.

But it's simply too ritzy for International players is all.

Shouta

It's same principle.
100$ is 12k Lapis + 6k Bonus.

But it's simply too ritzy for International players is all.

That's even better than JP, lol.

100 bucks once a year isn't that bad. It's no different than doing small purchases every month. If I was doing Global, I'd probably do it after they implemented the Drop changes and during an anniversary banner or something that has choice units to pull from. Just gotta hang tough during that.

Acerac

Banned

I will never make an 11 pull until the rules are changed. I decided this before I found out that Japan's machine doesn't set up their players for disappointment.

Lyrian

Any idea what the next banner is yet?

And I will do 11-pulls on the FFIII and FFXIII banners. I just won't spend for them right now. Without a guaranteed decent unit 4* base, the idea of spending $50 at a shot is terrifying. And I can afford it. Just think it isn't worth it to do so

Not yet :/

The Halloween Deal is 10k lapis + 10 Tickets + 150 energy + 10k event corn for 75 USD.

In comparison, the standard lapis pricing is 8500 lapis for 50 USD and 18000 lapis for 100 USD.

Reddit has done some analysis of the general deals offered, and concluded that discounts happen. However, the general perception is that the discounts are slight and require spending north of 50 USD on a bundle for any real benefit to be obtained.

Thus, this has lead to the conclusion that Gumi is simply whale hunting so far in Global.

That's even better than JP, lol.

100 bucks once a year isn't that bad. It's no different than doing small purchases every month. If I was doing Global, I'd probably do it after they implemented the Drop changes and during an anniversary banner or something that has choice units to pull from. Just gotta hang tough during that.

I guess in the scheme of things, $100 isn't that bad if you think of it on an annual basis. But 18k lapis is three 10+1 pulls, which you can easily blow through in one banner. Even if you had patience and were able to use the 10+1 pulls on 3 separate banners, that ultimately doesn't equal an annual amount of lapis. I think you would have to do at least $200-300 annually if you wanted to have enough lapis to do 10+1 pulls on the major banners each year since the global pulls are nearly guaranteed to be mostly junk units, and that seems damn pricey.

If you were absolutely guaranteed to get a 4* minimum and an increased rate of 5* units, it kinda' sorta' starts getting into reasonable territory. But that $300 is basically my entire gaming budget for the year and would normally go towards 5-6 full console titles. So the idea of spending that on a F2P phone game seems absolutely absurd. I know that's me personally, so absolutely no judgement on my end for those that do it (and exponentially more).

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian,

I'm not sure if you guys remember, but I whaled hard for WoL when he came out - to the tune of $100, and I didn't even get him. I learned a hard lesson from that experience, and it is one I don't intend to repeat.

The paradigm will shift in a few months. You have to keep people interested to make money

Yeah i hate the idea of being asked to spend triple digits on a mobile game even if you only did it once a year

Id much rather have lots of smaller bundles to choose from every month so i can divesify based on my needs and dont feel screwed by doing 11 pulls with 100dollar lapis package.

Gawd it feels weird advocating for being nickeled and dimed lol

Shouta

Not yet :/

The Halloween Deal is 10k lapis + 10 Tickets + 150 energy + 10k event corn for 75 USD.

In comparison, the standard lapis pricing is 8500 lapis for 50 USD and 18000 lapis for 100 USD.

Reddit has done some analysis of the general deals offered, and concluded that discounts happen. However, the general perception is that the discounts are slight and require spending north of 50 USD on a bundle for any real benefit to be obtained.

Thus, this has lead to the conclusion that Gumi is simply whale hunting so far in Global.

Of course they'll be offering discounts for folks that spend 50 or more dollars. It's a F2P game. JP version whale hunts too but they don't even bother putting out deals like the Halloween one that was given to Global, lol.

Only thing that's really different is that JP is a bit more generous on the whole but that's because there's more market competition for them. In addition their playerbase is FAR more active and willing to participate in campaigns as well as spending a bit more here and there.

I guess in the scheme of things, $100 isn't that bad if you think of it on an annual basis. But 18k lapis is three 10+1 pulls, which you can easily blow through in one banner. Even if you had patience and were able to use the 10+1 pulls on 3 separate banners, that ultimately doesn't equal an annual amount of lapis. I think you would have to do at least $200-300 annually if you wanted to have enough lapis to do 10+1 pulls on the major banners each year since the global pulls are nearly guaranteed to be mostly junk units, and that seems damn pricey.

If you were absolutely guaranteed to get a 4* minimum and an increased rate of 5* units, it kinda' sorta' starts getting into reasonable territory. But that $300 is basically my entire gaming budget for the year and would normally go towards 5-6 full console titles. So the idea of spending that on a F2P phone game seems absolutely absurd. I know that's me personally, so absolutely no judgement on my end for those that do it (and exponentially more).

Well, 300 is a bit much for me in a year. 100 was fine considering how much time I've spent in the game and how much stuff they gave me especially after getting lucky with Tidus.

But you have to think about it more in regards to time investment rather than just whole titles. If you're putting 2-3 hours into the game everyday across a whole year, that's what, 700+ hours of play time, right? You might not even get that with 1-2 full console titles depending on what you get. I mean, yeah it's still a gamble as to whether or not you get the awesome units but eh, I still see it as supporting the game that I'm enjoying as well.

Yeah i hate the idea of being asked to spend triple digits on a mobile game even if you only did it once a year

Id much rather have lots of smaller bundles to choose from every month so i can divesify based on my needs and dont feel screwed by doing 11 pulls with 100dollar lapis package.

Gawd it feels weird advocating for being nickeled and dimed lol

It's either get screwed in small chunks or get screwed in big chunks, lol. Doing it during a big event like the anniversary isn't so bad, I think. I got lucky and picked up Orlandu, Prishe and a ridiculous number of Rikkus so it turned out in my favor!

Well, 300 is a bit much for me in a year. 100 was fine considering how much time I've spent in the game and how much stuff they gave me especially after getting lucky with Tidus.

But you have to think about it more in regards to time investment rather than just whole titles. If you're putting 2-3 hours into the game everyday across a whole year, that's what, 700+ hours of play time, right? You might not even get that with 1-2 full console titles depending on what you get. I mean, yeah it's still a gamble as to whether or not you get the awesome units but eh, I still see it as supporting the game that I'm enjoying as well.

I do tend to focus on longer SP games, so my 5-6 console games would probably net me more hours than I put into FFBE. Still, point taken.

I think it's the gamble part that is the biggest turn off for me. I completely and 100% understand that the entire point of these kind of games is rolling the dice and hoping for the best units with each pull, but if I'm dropping $100 on something, I want at least some sort of guarantee that I will get something I want. Or, at the very least, something that seems WORTH $100. As CCIE pointed out a few posts above this one, you can drop that $100 and get absolutely nothing out of it.

This sounds a lot more negative than I intend. To be honest, I'm happy with the game and am still enjoying it. But if they ever want me to drop money on it, there has to be some serious overhauls to the risk system and generally more tiers in which to throw my money. As it stands now, FFBE is one of the best F2P mobile games I've ever played, but it will remain F2P for me personally until things change.

And I'm fine with that, even if it can be a bit frustrating at times when you look at what the whales have.

Shouta

Well, when the drop changes hit and you're guaranteed a 4-star or above on the 11-pull, it'll be better. 5-star rates are still gonna be nasty as fuck but everything else will be nice. More 4-stars that can evolve into 6-stars will be in the game too.

My 11-pull from the 5000 anniversary lapis they gave me ended up with 3 Gafgarions and 2 Meliadouls. Even though I didn't get Ramza or Delita, I got TM farming Gafgarions now, lol.

Muku

Regarding the trying to get F2P folks to become paying customers... the only way at this point, for myself anyway, would be for them to fix this stupid Facebook linking crap. One, I don't agree we should have to link it to any social media. But it is what it is. Two, since they don't really tell you how it works (who the hell has it link from where ever, be it app or browser, to log you in?). I accidentally initially linked my alt account, during the reroll phase. Now that is screwed and I cannot link my actual main game to my main account. If they had a way to wipe a previous thing, especially since they don't make it clear, then yeah. I'd link it to my FB and potentially think about putting money into this game. However, since that isn't happening and I don't think ever will, they will never be able to get me as a paying customer.

On a second note, I'm in agreement, the only way I'd jump into as a paying customer, assuming paragraph one was dealt with, is the guarantee base. I'm not putting money into something to get a god damn troll yellow crystal. Because 99% of yellow crystals are trolls. I get enough of those with my free lapis. I sure won't be putting up with that as a paying customer. Today on my alt account a yellow came up. First thought in mind? "Troll." And sure enough Lani came out. Troll indeed. I want it like the Japanese system is set up. Otherwise there'd be no way in hell I'd be putting money down.

Lastly, their packages are too damn expensive. It's obvious they are still hunting the Moby Dick's of the gaming world, oblivious to the smaller fish.

SeanTSC

Woot, got my Shining Splendor cooking finally. Finished everything I wanted from the Halloween Event (everything but the 70k moogle + bought some extra mats and 4 spooky auras for Lid), did a bit of farming for the SS and Hero Rings 5 & 6, and all my Espers are 2* and all but Siren are 30+.

Feels really good to be caught up.

My OCD kinda wants me to max out my Espers - Siren 18, Ifrit 35, Shiva 30, Golem 35, Ramuh 34, Diabolos 30, but it feels like a huge drag at this point and I think I'd rather just let them fill out with magicite that I get from item farming/events than specifically farm it. So setup the Memu macros and started my TM farm instead.

Ludmille - 10.1%
Cecil (3*, L7 LB) - 3.3%
Cecil (6*) - 48.7%
Agrias - 6.6%
Miyuki - 2.0%

I think those are the best for me to start with, though I'd welcome any swapping suggestions. I also have:

Lenna, Tellah, WW Fina, BC Lid, Edge, 3x Mustadio, 5x Shantotto, 3x Luna, Gaffgarion, Golbez, Celes, Artemios, Charlotte, 2x Hayate, Cloud of Darkness, Rydia, Edgar, Xiao, Krile, Warrior of Light, Garnet, Kain, Maria, Galuf, and Cyan.

My 'main' party atm is Tellah, Lenna, Cecil, BC Lid, and Agrias.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to be doing an 11 pull anytime soon, taking away the 100 daily lapis has just made me a lot more stingy, only thing I'll use are tickets.

Lyrian

Lyrian,

I'm not sure if you guys remember, but I whaled hard for WoL when he came out - to the tune of $100, and I didn't even get him. I learned a hard lesson from that experience, and it is one I don't intend to repeat.

The paradigm will shift in a few months. You have to keep people interested to make money

I remember.

That actually keeps me from taking an 11 pull on anything, at least until the changes go in. Even then, I'm still somewhat dubious towards the proposition. But, I do understand that dreaded outcomes like what you experienced are definitely possible. There's nothing that will ever fully mitigate that outcome from occurring. Still, that's the nature of gambling at its heart.

Lyrian,

I remember that. That was a dark dark day.

The issue that I think it falls down to is if they have any intention of changing the drop rates any time soon.

Hell during the Lightning Banner I wasn't even pulling for her but for Lud and ended up having to pull nearly 33 times JUST to get two.

Ebb and flow.

Muku

Are we even going to get a good banner this week? Wish they would announce it sooner. I'm actually thinking of just stopping even the daily half pulls at this point. Today on main was Rydia (her Trust isn't even worth it, ugh). My alt account had a troll yellow with Lani. There's a few things I'd like to get, but they're rare. And it'd be a miracle to come out of the daily. Just wondering if saving would be better than trying to get something for Trust or something new.

Not that I feel like pulling a 10+1 would be much better though now thinking about it. Hm. :/ That could technically feel like a bigger slap in the face when it's full of Bedile and Shadow.

Did a last ditch hope 11 pull for Dracu Lasswell, it ended badly. Not a single gold crystal, all blues. No exceptional units either. On the other hand, I've done numerous 11 pulls which got me Lightning, 2 DKC's, and 2 Demon Rain's, and a Ramza. RNG has been very nice to me but for once it showed it's ugly nature as well. I just closed on my first home yesterday so no more "dolphining" for me outside of Orlandu and Trance Terra. Going to need to start stacking tickets and lapis. Not daily pulling either. I will drop a lil $5-$15 here and there if I really want something but no more $50 drops until that Orlandu banner.

Valentus

just 5% until the first brave suit.

I hope next banner could be snow, now that i have everything for my monster snow, i really want it to start farm those champion belts real fast.

I hope next banner could be snow, now that i have everything for my monster snow, i really want it to start farm those champion belts real fast.

I must ask this because you seem to get TMR's at an alarming rate. Do you use Lapis for refills while you are farming them?

Is there any reason to keep multiple BCL if I pulled 3?

Depends on your team comp, etc. Her TM is nice to have, I'm working on my second tm for her. You can build her to be decent/good dps using one of her skills and good gear. If you are one who's been unlucky with phys dps units she's a great 5* dps unit.

Is there a guide or do you guys have recommendations on how to gear out an Artemios? Still can't beat Brach (not sure if its even possible without full break) to get the good bow so he is using the kitchen knife. Team is/can be:

Cecil
Lenna
Tellah (380ish MAG)
Exdeath (305ish MAG)
Kefka (295ish MAG)
Artemios (220ish ATK)

Working on leveling Black Cat lid with the cactuar from friend summons, have a lot more to burn through just haven't had a chance so far. Other potential notables: Kain, Golbez, Garland, Celes

yes. the lapis supposed to daily pulls i use to refill.

better a TM than a shadow or a lani

Yeah that is true I may start doing that as well for awhile to at least cut the time in half. I'm not gonna try to get one in a week or anything but 15-20 days per 5 sounds reasonable instead of 30+.

Shouta

Anyone interested in playing JP FFBE want an account? I rerolled on Nox and ended up getting an account with Lightning, Agrias, Cecil, Amelia, Orran, and Cloud of Darkness, lol.

SeanTSC

Depends on your team comp, etc. Her TM is nice to have, I'm working on my second tm for her. You can build her to be decent/good dps using one of her skills and good gear. If you are one who's been unlucky with phys dps units she's a great 5* dps unit.

Yeah, I don't have any 6* DPS yet and BC Lid has been a great addition to my team. I use Killer Bow/Pestle on her, dps gear, and 3-4x spooky aura with a Killer swapped in sometimes and her Ultimate Blow is by far my best source of damage.

If your Snow will be even more of a beast than your Ramza then Jesus H. You're Ramza has been one of my primary MVPs for the Reaper.

Bless the Pro difficulty Reaper because despite having so little time for the event, I still bought everything I truly cared about. I snagged the Mask, Basket, all the tickets and all the SQs. I'll use the remaining time to grab at least all of the cheap, limited groups of 6* awakening mats. That should be enough for a couple awakenings or so in the future.

Xion86

Lyrian,

Yeah I did the same for WoL and eventually got him, did the same for Lightning and didn't, and I'm glad I didn't as after that I was like wtf did I just do, and now happy with Daily Pulls. I may do the odd one 11 pull depending on the banner though. Dark times. But hell with it, I love this game :D.

tuffymon

Woot, got my Shining Splendor cooking finally. Finished everything I wanted from the Halloween Event (everything but the 70k moogle + bought some extra mats and 4 spooky auras for Lid), did a bit of farming for the SS and Hero Rings 5 & 6, and all my Espers are 2* and all but Siren are 30+.

Feels really good to be caught up.

My OCD kinda wants me to max out my Espers - Siren 18, Ifrit 35, Shiva 30, Golem 35, Ramuh 34, Diabolos 30, but it feels like a huge drag at this point and I think I'd rather just let them fill out with magicite that I get from item farming/events than specifically farm it. So setup the Memu macros and started my TM farm instead.

Ludmille - 10.1%
Cecil (3*, L7 LB) - 3.3%
Cecil (6*) - 48.7%
Agrias - 6.6%
Miyuki - 2.0%

I think those are the best for me to start with, though I'd welcome any swapping suggestions. I also have:

Lenna, Tellah, WW Fina, BC Lid, Edge, 3x Mustadio, 5x Shantotto, 3x Luna, Gaffgarion, Golbez, Celes, Artemios, Charlotte, 2x Hayate, Cloud of Darkness, Rydia, Edgar, Xiao, Krile, Warrior of Light, Garnet, Kain, Maria, Galuf, and Cyan.

My 'main' party atm is Tellah, Lenna, Cecil, BC Lid, and Agrias.

I don't see any dual wields in the list (and no idea if you have one). With your current setup... I'd recommend swapping the 3.3 cecil for a mustadio (bcl can use this, assuming you want her around long term) or gaffgarion (dd in general for this)

SeanTSC

I don't see any dual wields in the list (and no idea if you have one). With your current setup... I'd recommend swapping the 3.3 cecil for a mustadio (bcl can use this, assuming you want her around long term) or gaffgarion (dd in general for this)

Sadly, I have no dual wields yet. I'm hoping to replace BC Lid eventually, but we'll see how my luck goes. Kinda really want Luneth, so I may blow some stuff on that. I want a Garland and Firion too. Maybe Bartz.

I think my "long term" pipe dream atm is Cecil/WoL/Refia/Luneth/Orlandu. ><

tuffymon

Sadly, I have no dual wields yet. I'm hoping to replace BC Lid eventually, but we'll see how my luck goes. Kinda really want Luneth, so I may blow some stuff on that. I want a Garland and Firion too. Maybe Bartz.

Alright, I wasn't sure. I don't know if your intending to have 2 excalibur's or merging them. I'd still recommend the gaffy then.

Lyrian

yes. the lapis supposed to daily pulls i use to refill.

better a TM than a shadow or a lani

Yeah that is true I may start doing that as well for awhile to at least cut the time in half. I'm not gonna try to get one in a week or anything but 15-20 days per 5 sounds reasonable instead of 30+.

I did the same when I was grinding Excal, Save The Queen, and Mag +30. Got tired of Gold Crystal Lani and Bedille.

If a player's rank is high, then refilling energy for lapis can be quite an effective tactic.

Players get 288 base energy per day, assuming maximum efficiency.

At rank 60 (70 energy), 3 refills generate 210 additional energy, most of a full day's supply.

It gets even better as rank approaches the cap. If a player is comfortable with their lapis supply, lapis refills towards TM farming is highly effective.

tuffymon

Wait... theirs a cap on rank?

Kinda disappointing realizing this... Kinda rare to have caps right? Usually games just keep spiking to slow the ranks.

Pejo

Yeah I did the same for WoL and eventually got him, did the same for Lightning and didn't, and I'm glad I didn't as after that I was like wtf did I just do, and now happy with Daily Pulls. I may do the odd one 11 pull depending on the banner though. Dark times. But hell with it, I love this game :D.

Oh god, that WoL banner. I threw like 180 bucks at it, all said and done, never got WoL. On one hand, it sucks, but on the other, I don't have to worry about doing that ever again, because it's easy to remember how bad I felt about flushing that much money down the drain at once for nothing.

CCIE

Banned
I just do dailies and tickets on the banners I like, and if all else fails will do an 11-pull if necessary later in the week. My new PRI account seems to be a lot luckier in this respect, and I am simply fitting in pieces around Lightning-san

I am hopeful to pull Snow, Hope, Arc, or Luneth in the next month. We'll see what an 11-pull and some major tickets can do in that respect. In the meantime, I think I might start putting dailies into refreshing lapis for TMR, like Valentus does. It's depressing not having a single one on my new PRI account.

I did get HP+10% this morning ;)

For example, I spent three days chasing BC Lid, drew Traffic Cone Fina instead, and just gave up. Sometimes the game won't even give you a simple 3* unit.

And Pejo, I spent more than $100 chasing WoL, but that is the amount I will admit...

Valentus

If your Snow will be even more of a beast than your Ramza then Jesus H. You're Ramza has been one of my primary MVPs for the Reaper.

Bless the Pro difficulty Reaper because despite having so little time for the event, I still bought everything I truly cared about. I snagged the Mask, Basket, all the tickets and all the SQs. I'll use the remaining time to grab at least all of the cheap, limited groups of 6* awakening mats. That should be enough for a couple awakenings or so in the future.

I calculated it like this:

Base ATK: 138
Rising Sun: 107
Kaiser Knuckle: 101
Black Cowl: 28
Brave Suit: 21
2x Champion Belts: 115,2
ATK+10%: 14
Lunge Combo: 28
Ifrit Esper: 51

Other materias: Dual Weild, Barrage

Total Stats

HP - 4986
MP - 200
ATK - 603,2
DEF - 407
MAG - 153
SPR - 161

If counter abilities stacks, i can even drop the ATK+10% materia and put a counter materia to have snow with 90% chance of counter attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom