• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Rixa

Triple Edgar chain into Ramza Ultima.... Sooo good

Making Colloseum grind more tolerable

Timing can get messed up sometimes when im doing pro with a friend unit and that boss is way more resistant

Kefka is better to bring than Lightning. Her hits fuck up the chain lol

Iam hoping to pull 2 more Edgars (35% TM the one I have). In nearish future will slap 4 abilities to some mage:

- 2x30% MAG
- Ultima
- DualCast

H3xum

Woo finished Excalibur, my first TM...

But....

I don't have a good unit to put it on :( Feels bad.

Best option is Bartz. Chiz and BCL are my only other physical damage dealers. I guess I could put it on Cecil...but meh

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Figured announcement will be tomorrow, but I was hoping for today.

I also wish they would just make Crystal Chambers a standard one.

I'm kinda wanting Snow now.

I know the feeling

SantanaHOT.gif

:p

ExVicis

Woo finished Excalibur, my first TM...

But....

I don't have a good unit to put it on :( Feels bad.

Best option is Bartz. Chiz and BCL are my only other physical damage dealers. I guess I could put it on Cecil...but meh

Don't have Garland?

Lyrian

58185cc8a0c14.png

Trophy grind was totally worth it. :')

*realizes the lack of megacrysts and cries self to sleep*

Congrats on the 30 trophies!

I see that you realize what comes next....

The real Demon's/Dark Souls.... begins now :)

Seems like Snow is already inserted in global.

UGUUUU

Don't want the FFXIII banner, even with Snow Daddy.

BLARGH

Welp, that's a pretty strong sign that the next Mog King event is going to be FF13. Still, it can't be this coming weekend, as the Mog King will still be allowing trade in on candy corns.

--- On that note, did anyone see the giant laundry list of admitted bugs that will be patched on Friday? Good list to fix (especially the double MP consumption with dual wield and using abilities), but one really caught my eye:

*** Pumpkin Rider is admittedly broken and harder than designed (the fire weakness that shows up on the scan is not implemented). Issue won't be fixed before the end of the event.

Really wondering how the compensation for that one is going to be. Hrmm....

tuffymon

Mmmmm, that moment you realize you brought your TM team into the latest story mission... but turned out ok cause you brought a badass...

robotuw

Bye daily 100 lapis. I really thought Gumi would figure out an excuse to always have it from here on out but I guess not. That was the feast and this is the famine. At least the daily login rewards this month are pretty good. No useless crap like usual and 8 tickets.

Pejo

Not a fan of Snow as a character so I will never use the unit but the TM seems nice if you want to use Knuckles.

I wish they'd have gone with his suited up design from LR, with the axe.

Anyways, I don't know what to think about what the next banner will be. XIII? III? BF? Either way, I'm ready for this Halloween banner to be gone. I think most of the fun I have with this game is playing the RNG slot machine and usually getting disappointed.

Lyrian

Bye daily 100 lapis. I really thought Gumi would figure out an excuse to always have it from here on out but I guess not. That was the feast and this is the famine. At least the daily login rewards this month are pretty good. No useless crap like usual and 8 tickets.

Ehh... give it a few days or a week.

It's November, which means (at least in the USA), Thanksgiving bountiful harvests. I'd expect something like a Cornucopia of Wealth or something like that to resume daily lapis payouts as Thanksgiving approaches (it's on the 24th this year).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If they make the dailies better, I feel like they don't really need to do the bonus 100. This month you'll get 1100 Lapis, 8 Tickets, 8 SQ. If they gave just a bit more Lapis, I'd be pretty content with it.

Foremost, I think they should fix their pricing. I get we don't deserve as many freebies, because we spend less than Japan. So rather than more freebies, Give an ample amount, but lower the cost of Lapis. Something like 1$ per daily pull is what they should aim for. With cheaper pulls for more bought.

Vashetti

Banned
I've said before, but they should increase the reward of 50 lapis for completing all 6 daily quests. 50 lapis is far too low for doing all of that.

Also, add me pls!

Level 80 Vaan

Syntsui

If they make the dailies better, I feel like they don't really need to do the bonus 100. This month you'll get 1100 Lapis, 8 Tickets, 8 SQ. If they gave just a bit more Lapis, I'd be pretty content with it.

Foremost, I think they should fix their pricing. I get we don't deserve as many freebies, because we spend less than Japan. So rather than more freebies, Give an ample amount, but lower the cost of Lapis. Something like 1$ per daily pull is what they should aim for. With cheaper pulls for more bought.

Well, we will actually receive the same amount of pulls + 8 SQs, so it's indeed better.

CCIE

Banned
November has some NICE daily login rewards. I'm trying to decide what 6* mats to get.. Could pull any number of units in the next few banners, so I think I'm just going to shoot for 50 of each at this time. I think that is doable before Friday maintenance.

November has some NICE daily login rewards. I'm trying to decide what 6* mats to get.. Could pull any number of units in the next few banners, so I think I'm just going to shoot for 50 of each at this time. I think that is doable before Friday maintenance.

Ill be shooting for at LEAST 40 of each and 60 if I can make it happen

having mats to 6 star 2-3 characters seems nice

CCIE

Banned
Looking at the typical six star, divine crystal appears to always be 5... therefore 30 of those will be fine, and I will shoot for 60 of each of the rest.

Lyrian

It's well known that Western players spend far less on gacha games, so they need additional persuasion to part with their cash. I'd partially blame it on advertising and consumerism culture. We want to see a deal and won't buy at full price without something to weaken our defenses. By giving generous freebies to players, those players craft themselves a more positive attitude towards the game and then become willing to buy that one more 10 + 1 pull.

Of course, this does create a situation where it becomes F2P players to be self-sustaining, which is what gacha games do not want. On the other hand, Americans (surely the largest target Western audience here) are infamously well known about not having patience in regard to money or purchases, so that's probably not a significant issue if 1% of the player base can live well off frugal lapis spending.

Lyrian

Well, we will actually receive the same amount of pulls + 8 SQs, so it's indeed better.

800 daily lapis + 200 bonus end of month lapis (29th + 30th) + 8 tickets * 500 lapis per = 5000 net lapis value.

That's roughly the same as last month, given the 2 tickets there, the daily lapis logins and the 3000 "prepare for 6*" daily lapis mails.

An interesting change of perspective this month, though. How would the player base act when 80% of the lapis rewards are pre-locked to ticket pulls instead of direct lapis rewards. Perhaps Gumi thinks that the straight lapis rewards (the most flexible type of reward) was a bit too generous (as shintoki alludes to in a previous post).

CCIE

Banned
I have no problem spending money on the game ( American ), but I want to wait until the rules guaranteeing a 4* and 5* base in a 11-pull are in place first.

It's well known that Western players spend far less on gacha games, so they need additional persuasion to part with their cash. I'd partially blame it on advertising and consumerism culture. We want to see a deal and won't buy at full price without something to weaken our defenses. By giving generous freebies to players, those players craft themselves a more positive attitude towards the game and then become willing to buy that one more 10 + 1 pull.

Of course, this does create a situation where it becomes F2P players to be self-sustaining, which is what gacha games do not want. On the other hand, Americans (surely the largest target Western audience here) are infamously well known about not having patience in regard to money or purchases, so that's probably not a significant issue if 1% of the player base can live well off frugal lapis spending.

I would gladly spend small amounts of money regularly if they offered more reasonable deals more frequently

Instead the only worthwhile packages ask large sums up front. 75-100 bucks isnt happening

Get me to spend 1, 5, or 15 bucks here and there throughout a month or so ... Im game

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

If you're too generous, you create a situation where you'll never be able to scale back and players will expect it. You do want to give enough to keep the F2P player base active. More players, the better it is and more for all players to play. The next goal should be converting those F2P to Paying customers. Either offering lower bundles, skins, etc. Maybe like a low cost monthly option. Something like a once a month, 1500 Lapis deal + 5 tickets for 10$. It won't offset the whales, but I think something like that which is a once a month deal will get a lot of players who haven't spent, to continually spend.

Basically, how I think is how can I take the MMO model into a F2P game. Because, clearly people do not have an issue with a 10-15$ fee. But once you push it, they'll squirm. So a generous 1/1 monthly deal is the ideal. Whales get a slight increase for their bang and suddenly a lot of players can rationalize that 10$ cost a bit more.

Good daily rewards are also needed. You want to hook all players. So I think they are on the right track with this. Bit more generous with the Lapis in the monthly and it would be perfect(maybe like replacing 50 with 100)

But I would also begin to add in other type of rewards too into the game. I.E. Stuff like this.

Once a month Lapis deal, for 300 Lapis, get half energy for 24 hours.
Introduce the 4* Tickets and offer one now on if you log in every day(Day 28). Or put one in if you buy the 100$ bundle.
For your first purchase every month, get a free 5 slot increase to your choice. If over 30$, get a free 10 slot increase of your choice instead.
Purchase over 50$ and get a 24 hour token for 2x Exp.

And if it was me, I would offer a progress bar for purchasing. The more money spent, the bigger the reward. One time only.
Like at 10$, 2 free tickets, 20$ 5 freeticket, 50$, 10 free tickets, 100$, 10 Free Tickets and a free 10+1 Pull. 150$, A free 10+1Pull and 5 4*+ Tickets, 250$ is a 10+1Pull, 10 Free Tickets, and 1 5* Ticket. , etc. These are just ideas. But I know enough where how people work. You give them the carrot and they'll chase it.

Basically give them the a wheel to get on the pay end. Think about it. "Hey, I'm only 10$ away from another 10 tickets. Guess I'll buy another 2000 Lapis". "Damn, they got a good 50$ bundle this month... and if I get it. I'll get a free 10+1 Pull plus 10 tickets". This will help drive new users and whales alike

Offer overlay skins for the game. Want a FFVII overlay? 10$. Etc.

I have no problem spending money on the game ( American ), but I want to wait until the rules guaranteeing a 4* and 5* base in a 11-pull are in place first.

Yeah, I won't be spending another cent other than a 1k lapis buy here or there for refill purposes during events until this change either.

robotuw

Oh what? I just realized the 8 million download rewards are just the monthly login bonuses. That's lame as hell Gumi. You were going to do that anyway. They better not pull that crap when the 10mil mark hits.

tariniel

So I have everything from this event except for the cactuars, and knife, and more spare awakening mats. I bought 20 of each of the new Kain upgrade ones, and all of the 6* mats that cost 140 already (I have ~30 of each 6* mat by now).

So is the Knife worth spending 8000 on? I might keep running PRO to get some cactuars and rank exp but I don't have much unit space unless I just throw them onto random units I haven't finished leveling yet.

I remember reading certain ability equips that stacked for more damage don't work in global like it did in Japan. My question pertains to double hand. The TM bartz gives. Will that stack with Garland's inherent double hand?

The facebook share campaign was a big flop by the way, only 72 shares /1000 for the first reward.
No words on event dungeon clears campaign.

Event Clear is at 2 Million

https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN/status/793363130906648576

I remember reading certain ability equips that stacked for more damage don't work in global like it did in Japan. My question pertains to double hand. The TM bartz gives. Will that stack with Garland's inherent double hand?

You cant stack Materia copies. You CAN stack from different sources

So for example. If you grind out 2 doublehand materias from Bartz TM's you cant fill two slots and get both bonuses

HOWEVER you can stack it if the character has INNATE DoubleHand (Demon Rain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom