• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I spent around US$150 since I started playing and never got what I wanted, so yeah, I'm done paying real money for this game for a while. I'll spend all my lapis for Luneth but if I don't get him, well fuck me.

SeanTSC

I spent around US$150 since I started playing and never got what I wanted, so yeah, I'm done paying real money for this game for a while. I'll spend all my lapis for Luneth but if I don't get him, well fuck me.

Ouch. I'm going to be dumping lapis and tickets on him too, I think. Hope we get lucky!

I kind of miss pull fever

FFT banners were my highlight as far as my luck goes

Hoping to see all the jubilation and strife on display when the next big banner hits

Part of the fun of this thread lol

Xion86

Oh god, that WoL banner. I threw like 180 bucks at it, all said and done, never got WoL. On one hand, it sucks, but on the other, I don't have to worry about doing that ever again, because it's easy to remember how bad I felt about flushing that much money down the drain at once for nothing.

Yup exactly that! You definitely remember haha, but there is always that sense of "one more time..", "okay no, this is the last time..", "third time lucky? Last try to finish off..."..

CCIE

Banned
Is it me, or did they up the difficulty on the Reaper? I'm doing the same things I did yesterday, with the same units, and it takes even longer to kill him. Even had a couple of close shaves today where I had to use a flask, even with a 500+ Lightning friend with Excalibur.

tuffymon

Hrm, even if I get a DWer and more units that would use them?

Just remember theirs a difference in what you currently have (making 3 swords, when only 2 can use them), vs what you want ideally. You can always swap if necessary if your pulls change the current setup.

Although, I just realized only Cecil can use Miyuki's, for some reason I was thinking her TM was something else. Swap her out instead.

Is it me, or did they up the difficulty on the Reaper? I'm doing the same things I did yesterday, with the same units, and it takes even longer to kill him. Even had a couple of close shaves today where I had to use a flask, even with a 500+ Lightning friend with Excalibur.

Seems the same to me, not having any more/less trouble with him.

No idea

Seems same or easier actually since im using 3 edgars lol

CCIE

Banned
I don't have any Edgars, unbelievably... I'm using Lightning, Cecil, Agrias, and 2xExDeath, and then some whale friend that usually has Excalibur equipped. Occasionally, it seems like my ExDeaths are basically doing nothing. Other times it is pretty quick.

Weird

SeanTSC

Just remember theirs a difference in what you currently have (making 3 swords, when only 2 can use them), vs what you want ideally. You can always swap if necessary if your pulls change the current setup.

Although, I just realized only Cecil can use Miyuki's, for some reason I was thinking her TM was something else. Swap her out instead.

Ah, yeah, good idea. Went ahead and did that. From 2.1 Miyuki to 1.0 Gaffgarion.

I don't have any Edgars, unbelievably... I'm using Lightning, Cecil, Agrias, and 2xExDeath, and then some whale friend that usually has Excalibur equipped. Occasionally, it seems like my ExDeaths are basically doing nothing. Other times it is pretty quick.

Weird

Well he has resist on all element sooo ex death isnt the best option

Full break every round with Agrias and just doulbe crushing blow

Maybe chains are what the difference is

Lyrian

Wait... theirs a cap on rank?

Kinda disappointing realizing this... Kinda rare to have caps right? Usually games just keep spiking to slow the ranks.

Global rank cap is currenty 100. Later on, there will be a patch that raises the cap to 150. That said, the additional 50 ranks are quite difficult to obtain and require absurd amounts of rank xp to obtain (R100 = 34k to rank up, R150 = 106k to rank up) and only yield one additional energy every other level (energy cap increases from 110 to 135).

I just do dailies and tickets on the banners I like, and if all else fails will do an 11-pull if necessary later in the week. My new PRI account seems to be a lot luckier in this respect, and I am simply fitting in pieces around Lightning-san

I am hopeful to pull Snow, Hope, Arc, or Luneth in the next month. We'll see what an 11-pull and some major tickets can do in that respect. In the meantime, I think I might start putting dailies into refreshing lapis for TMR, like Valentus does. It's depressing not having a single one on my new PRI account.

I did get HP+10% this morning ;)

For example, I spent three days chasing BC Lid, drew Traffic Cone Fina instead, and just gave up. Sometimes the game won't even give you a simple 3* unit.

And Pejo, I spent more than $100 chasing WoL, but that is the amount I will admit...

I'm tentatively tempted to throw an 11 at the FF13 banner, depending on how I do with the daily and ticket pulls.

I don't think the Reaper became harder. However, I can't beat the Reaper without 500+ ATK Lightning/Ramza without an Excalibur and Barrage without using flasks. I've wiped too many times on close shaves trying to clear it without using a flask. At this point, I've started per-emptively burning a flask on Lightning to buy enough time to avoid sub 5% life Doom wipes. Better to lose 20 corn on a flask than 2150 on a wipe.

I'll post my party again and what I do to kill pro reaper flawlessly every time. I'm sure many of you can copy my set up.

Lightning - crushing blow
WoL - Full Break
Cecil - Focus
Lenna - Cheer
Kefka - Hyper drive
Friend unit Lightning - crushing blow.

I set all those on first round and spam the repeat button. Obviously the Cheer , focus, full break, units can be swapped for others that do the exact same thing. Kefka hyperdrive honestly doesn't seem to matter much. If you have lightning that's key. Depending on the friends lightning attack and equipment sometimes the boss goes down in two turns. Otherwise he's always dead before the party death turn takes place.

Syntsui

I'm afraid of the amount of CoDs I'll get trying to pull for Luneth, I already have 5... No matter how good she is, I just don't fucking want more.

I'll post my party again and what I do to kill pro reaper flawlessly every time. I'm sure many of you can copy my set up.

WoL - Full Break
Cecil - Focus
Lenna - Cheer
Kefka - Hyper drive

I set all those on first round and spam the repeat button. Obviously the Cheer , focus, full break, units can be swapped for others that do the exact same thing. Kefka hyperdrive honestly doesn't seem to matter much. If you have lightning that's key. Depending on the friends lightning attack and equipment sometimes the boss goes down in two turns. Otherwise he's always dead before the party death turn takes place.

I use a variation on this. It's Lightning, Ramza, WoL, Exdeath, Kefka, and Lightning/Chizzy. It's Crushing Blow x2, Full Break, Hero's Rime, and 2x Thundaga for giggles. Dies in 2-3 turns 100% of the time.

I use a variation on this. It's Lightning, Ramza, WoL, Exdeath, Kefka, and Lightning/Chizzy. It's Crushing Blow x2, Full Break, Hero's Rime, and 2x Thundaga for giggles. Dies in 2-3 turns 100% of the time.

Right on.

I should also note my lightning is nothing special. Just her own kick ass self. 453 attack.

I calculated it like this:

Base ATK: 138
Rising Sun: 107
Kaiser Knuckle: 101
Black Cowl: 28
Brave Suit: 21
2x Champion Belts: 115,2
ATK+10%: 14
Lunge Combo: 28
Ifrit Esper: 51

Other materias: Dual Weild, Barrage

Total Stats

HP - 4986
MP - 200
ATK - 603,2
DEF - 407
MAG - 153
SPR - 161

If counter abilities stacks, i can even drop the ATK+10% materia and put a counter materia to have snow with 90% chance of counter attacks.

90% counter would be crazy haha

WoL - Full Break
Cecil - Focus
Lenna - Cheer
Kefka - Hyper drive

that's my team except i have Agrias instead of WoL, no wait didn't see that 1st Lightning, I have Chizz. Boss still goes down in 2 turns most of the time.

UrSuLeTzU

I'm afraid of the amount of CoDs I'll get trying to pull for Luneth, I already have 5... No matter how good she is, I just don't fucking want more.

I wouldn't mind 5 CoDs since I managed to pull a whooping 0 of her so far. That lb+1 TM is good stuff too if you wanna set up a lb farming party.

H3xum

I wouldn't mind 5 CoDs since I managed to pull a whooping 0 of her so far. That lb+1 TM is good stuff too if you wanna set up a lb farming party.

How does his TM work? Is it the same as Bart's skill? Just gives your lb gauge to someone else?

Syntsui

By the time I farm for that I would have a maxed 25lb Cecil though, I just can't find a reason to be happy with 5 of them :(

Valentus

Speaking of materials we need to buy from this event, are the Lucky Seedlings and Bizarre Boxes necessary?

the first unit that uses lucky seedlings and bizarre boxes to evolution is Shine that is part of the Marie batch, that comes after the Orlandu batch, so aprox next year?

So unless gumi did some fuckery in the release order, you are good.

How does his TM work? Is it the same as Bart's skill? Just gives your lb gauge to someone else?

Every turn the unit's lb fills by 1.

How to use it: equip a unit (cecil for example) with auto limit materia, a regen ring, and a elemental weapon, and face a boss with the same element as the weapon.

attack, no damage because absorb element
enemy attacks, you cure with the auto regen
auto limit fills the lb slowly
cast limit break.
repeat.

In that case, just hit "auto" and leave the fight goes on for a entire day. then defeat the boss with a magic and watch how you go from lvl 1 to 10 without effort.

H3xum

If you had to choose between the following people, how would you prioritize these TM farms:

Kaiser Knuckle (have a Bartz)
2nd Mag +30 (have two maxed Kefkas)
Gungir (have a, uh, Bartz?)
Ultima (about 60% on a dual cast)
Leo's Shield (have a 500 D max Cecil)

Valentus

If you plan to get champions belt later (Snow TM) then go for the knuckles right now.

If not, go for the shield and dual cast to your cecil. (yes, dual cast on cecil for double cura, or double bar-protections)

Acerac

Banned
This team I'm working on feels ridiculous, Lenna/Vaan/Edgar/Edgar/Cecil. Til I get dual wield or some 6 star offensive units I guess it is just the logical path for how I should approach the game.

Thanks again to those who made this silly comp possible.

This team I'm working on feels ridiculous, Lenna/Vaan/Edgar/Edgar/Cecil. Til I get dual wield or some 6 star offensive units I guess it is just the logical path for how I should approach the game.

Thanks again to those who made this silly comp possible.

Doing Edgar chains is like a damn minigame

Still trying to figure out if ill be more effective with 2 or 3

The bonus maxes out at 3X and only if the hit lands on a 10+ chain. Easier to do with 3 edgars but you lose out on potential damage...

Still working out the kinks. The highest single target damage ive hit is 30K+ from an Ultima and 25K from the following hyperdrive on Pumpkin Pro

Not too shabby but thats with 3 Edgars and not exactly guaranteed

If you had to choose between the following people, how would you prioritize these TM farms:

Kaiser Knuckle (have a Bartz)
2nd Mag +30 (have two maxed Kefkas)
Gungir (have a, uh, Bartz?)
Ultima (about 60% on a dual cast)
Leo's Shield (have a 500 D max Cecil)

That depende on your main squad composition. If mainly magic, mag 30. If mainly melee then Gungnir and kaiser.

Kouriozan

Now that I'm fully back on TM farming, not much is happening, maybe appart that I'll soon own premium TMR, current party :

Cecil 33,3%
Zidane 72.8%
Ludmille 58,4%
Chizuru 89;4%
Lenna 95,2%

Soon I'll replace Lenna with Dark Knight Cecil for his sword, still got times before Refia is released and by that time I should have got Dual Cast.

scarlet

Doing Edgar chains is like a damn minigame

Still trying to figure out if ill be more effective with 2 or 3

The bonus maxes out at 3X and only if the hit lands on a 10+ chain. Easier to do with 3 edgars but you lose out on potential damage...

Still working out the kinks. The highest single target damage ive hit is 30K+ from an Ultima and 25K from the following hyperdrive on Pumpkin Pro

Not too shabby but thats with 3 Edgars and not exactly guaranteed

Teach me once you done. I use 3 Edgar's and somehow using auto give me more chains than manual.

Teach me once you done. I use 3 Edgar's and somehow using auto give me more chains than manual.

Auto works likely because it pops the edgars instantly sometimes?

For Using Ultima though I have to Rapid tap in succession once the Ultima bubble hits like 50% or higher

As far as hyperdrive goes you can just pop it right after the last edgar

Ive personally have had more success with manual but the timing is hard to get consistent considering this game doesnt run consistent lol

Celegus

Finally got enough lumber to make Shining Splendor and also happened to get the Blood Sword in the oven at the same time. Yay pointy things!

Lyrian

I really should figure out how to wield this power properly (thanks EVO MAG materia)....

HFR3iCh.png

1.75 million pre-chaining. I should probably see what I can get this up to with a nice ice chain over the coming days, lol.

Finishing up on the last batches of awakening components and then I am have finished cleaning house with the Mog King for Halloween. That should give me ~2 days of TM farming and messing around with taking Rydia on real fights for more realistic damage numbers.

Syntsui

I really should figure out how to wield this power properly (thanks EVO MAG materia)....

HFR3iCh.png

1.75 million pre-chaining. I should probably see what I can get this up to with a nice ice chain over the coming days, lol.

Finishing up on the last batches of awakening components and then I am have finished cleaning house with the Mog King for Halloween. That should give me ~2 days of TM farming and messing around with taking Rydia on real fights for more realistic damage numbers.
I can't wait to see what she is capable of in though fights, good work on her!

Lyrian

I can't wait to see what she is capable of in though fights, good work on her!

Haven't ran the Greater Demon trial yet (was waiting on Cecil). That should be a reasonable measuring stick at what that kind of damage actually translates to on a current high end encounter.

Muku

I need a full break unit so bad!

Do I know the feeling. Main account is still waiting for a FBer. I think I'm done with daily pulls until a good banner on it in order to save. Maybe we can get one during a banner and I can get lucky enough
lol probably not since I couldn't even get Agrias
to pull them.

I guess game is like STFU and be happy you got Cecil so you can shut up about tanks. But now i'm like yeah okay but I still need that FB damnit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You wanna talk tanks? I have 4 Cecils, 2 General Leos, and 2 Charlottes. But no top upper tippy-top tier of DPS. You deal.

Aside: Saved up 4500 lapis after getting sucked into chasing this dumb halloween banner. Gimme that sweet FFXIII banner y'alllll

bonkeng

HFR3iCh.png

Wow, and to think that your Rydia is only 4*. Wait till she gets Evo Mag +30 at 5*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom