• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

This is very very light cheat, that may gacha games have this "feature".
Never will they ban anyone for this as It is just suspend and resume feature.

IF you want to dig deeper into cheating, you will find some ridiculous one.

It's fine. I don't think the GUMI police will be losing much sleep over it.

Didn't they actually banned users in JP for this? But it was enchanted maze, not trial.

tuffymon

I'm not going to side with either, or say what's right and wrong, everyone here should be 18+ (I think?) but as a curiosity... Do we know anyone who got banned in the maze exploit? If its a yes, I can see the same going in this situation too. Course, it could just be a matter of time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

leehom

Did a lot of people quit playing the coliseum? All the people at my current rank are strong. It's going to be difficult to reach 100 wins now =/ Couldn't even use my wimpy mage team anymore because I'm scared I'll get wiped if I don't get first turn. All the people at my rank are higher than .95, when before I could fight .6 and .7's.

Elza is a monster. Don't even have any TM's on her and she rips for 999 dmg a hit. Priority is going to be farming TM's for her stat.

linkent

Yes, because the perfect run reward was trust moogles, they could potentially have lost tons of money from this.
LB moogle, and yes it changing loot which company dont like.

Changing loot drop and restart resuming batte is different.
Do i get ban for accepting a call and the app close?

I'm not going to side with either, or say what's right and wrong, everyone here should be 18+ (I think?) but as a curiosity... Do we know anyone who got banned in the maze exploit? If its a yes, I can see the same going in this situation too. Course, it could just be a matter of time ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Bonkeng and others did it for a few times.
No ban.
Did a lot of people quit playing the coliseum? All the people at my current rank are strong. It's going to be difficult to reach 100 wins now =/ Couldn't even use my wimpy mage team anymore because I'm scared I'll get wiped if I don't get first turn. All the people at my rank are higher than .95, when before I could fight .6 and .7's.

Elza is a monster. Don't even have any TM's on her and she rips for 999 dmg a hit. Priority is going to be farming TM's for her stat.
I dunno why, there is no longer 1.50 opponent for me, even tho they are rank hundreds while i am thousands.

c-murph

Looking through the comments; apparently, you're fine if you're a whale.

Pretty sure people have gotten banned for restarting the app to get perfect runs during the maze event. This is kinda similar.

GUMI banned any one in NA for anything yet? Besides, It says people were apparently macroing out runs to maximize the amount they got. I can see how that results in a loss of income for the game. One or two resets - don't think any one is going to care.

Kouriozan

Having 5+ perfect labyrinth runs in a row while disconnecting a lot would sure seem fishy.
But I doubt anyone could get banned for reseting Maxwell attack pattern, it's not like you get repeatable rewards. Personally wouldn't do it, better safe than sorry.

leehom

Does focus and shellga stack? Trying to figure out a team for Maxwell.

Which two of the three is better, Vaan (full break, focus), WoL (full break) or Charlotte (shellga)?

linkent

You're a cheater and a snitch.
I wish i could, even with those "tricks" i couldnt beat Maxwell without a fullbreaker.
Slowly getting cactuars to level up my Vann. :(
If i still couldnt do it, i will feed all my TM to Zidane for DW. (waiting for Gilgamesh)
So is Lapis split between ios and android? On my phone I have 2k lapis, but when I log onto Nox I'm at 0.
It is splitted.
But you wont lose it upon switching devices(unlike Bamco Games)

Celegus

Yeah, I'm already tired of it. I don't even use my orbs anymore if I'm full, I just run it whenever. :/

I've kept up with it this far that I may as well try for the top 3,000 for the month. It'll be close though, but in the future I'll probably just stick with top 30,000 for the single moogle.

Acerac

Banned
I guess I can get my 4 star Cecil up now in hopes that he'll help me down Maxwell. Feels wasteful knowing I'm working on getting another one up when I have his LB maxed, but it is what it is.

I don't suppose double Cecil ever has any use?

Kouriozan

I just hope the Arena fights will be faster with 2 6* Exdeath dual casting meteor, currently everyone has Cecil and is blocking almost every attack thus each fight takes ages >.<
Too much people are refilling to try to be top 3000, too.

Could've had the perfect run -- summoned Diabolos, had friend CoD queued for LB -- but it fell apart at around 20% HP. Hell, nearly squeaked it out with one final CoD barrage: there was literally just a sliver of HP left.

Anyway, the key's going to be Holy Torches. Having Refia on dispel duty doesn't work (this would be so trivial if she had Dualcast, though), even if Lightning and Ramza are using Cura. Still though, with the Black Belt idea, I easily had full LB bars. It's just what the Doctor ordered.

bonkeng

LB moogle, and yes it changing loot which company dont like.

Changing loot drop and restart resuming batte is different.
Do i get ban for accepting a call and the app close?

Bonkeng and others did it for a few times.
No ban.

I did it a few times yes. But it's too much hassle to be worth the extra roots or quartz.

You're a cheater and a snitch.

Lol.

Anyway, for those that haven't cleared Maxwell yet, I tried it with my other account, and was successful. Reddit mentioned that Barrage drop more esper crystals. So i made a barrage team since I don't have Garnet.

Team:
Chizuru: Barrage every turn
WoL: Full Break, barrage
CoD: Omniveil, Barrage
Cecil: Dispel, Heal, Focus
Refia: Raise, Heal, Embolden

Friend CoD: Omniveil, Barrage

Used a lot of ethers and phoenix downs though.

I did notice Esper Crystal drops often with Chizuru barrage more than thr others, anecdotal maybe, but it got the job done. And also got the LB mission with Chizuru. Took me 5 tries for this.

Those with Lightning, use barrage on her to build up that summon gauge.

Lyrian

Anyway, for those that haven't cleared Maxwell yet, I tried it with my other account, and was successful. Reddit mentioned that Barrage drop more esper crystals. So i made a barrage team since I don't have Garnet.

Those with Lightning, use barrage on her to build up that summon gauge.

A bit more specific information from Reddit.

Each attack on a mob has a 35% chance of dropping an LB crystal. The number of LB crystals that can drop from a unit's attack is capped at a specific number per turn, which varies from unit to unit. Thus, somewhere in mid-combo, mobs simply stop dropping LB crystals for that turn from a single unit's attack (does not affect other units that attack later that turn).

In addition, each attack on a mob has a 10% chance of dropping a summoning orb. The number of summoning orbs that can drop per unit's attack is **unlimited** and can drop well after the mob stops dropping LB crystals that turn for a unit.

This is why Barrage and other multi-hit attacks are effective at filling the summon bar. The law of averages simply states that the more attacks that hit a mob, the greater the number of opportunities for summoning orbs to drop.

If Medius didn't suck so bad in combat, he would be godly in generating summoning orbs here.

bonkeng

A bit more specific information from Reddit.

Each attack on a mob has a 35% chance of dropping an LB crystal. The number of LB crystals that can drop from a unit's attack is capped at a specific number per turn, which varies from unit to unit. Thus, somewhere in mid-combo, mobs simply stop dropping LB crystals for that turn from a single unit's attack (does not affect other units that attack later that turn).

In addition, each attack on a mob has a 10% chance of dropping a summoning orb. The number of summoning orbs that can drop per unit's attack is **unlimited** and can drop well after the mob stops dropping LB crystals that turn for a unit.

This is why Barrage and other multi-hit attacks are effective at filling the summon bar. The law of averages simply states that the more attacks that hit a mob, the greater the number of opportunities for summoning orbs to drop.

If Medius didn't suck so bad in combat, he would be godly in generating summoning orbs here.

Lightning's barrage will have 40 chances of getting that Esper Orb, per turn.

How many attacks does Medius do? Never got him/her.

Maybe we can test a team with Medius + 4 defense-focused team and 1 OP friend. Just to get that Evoke Mission.

tariniel

Yeah, I'm already tired of it. I don't even use my orbs anymore if I'm full, I just run it whenever. :/

I keep doing it because I desperately want more burst pots to feed my Cecil, but it sucks because everyone worth fighting over 1.00 ratio is full of 6* and is a close battle that sometimes depends on who goes first. I also really hate that people put in troll leaders; Kefka leader with 2 Lightnings, Elza, Luneth? Alright I just lost. At least put one of the 6* units on the leader so I can adjust my expectations at least a little bit.

Even still I keep doing it. Ugh.

In other news, thanks again Valentus for that video. I got really close and would have won, except I deviated from your strat to try and get an LB kill and paid for it dearly. I know I can at least clear it now, but getting the bonus objectives is an entirely different story... I would really really like to at least get the character and the 10k Karma. This is gonna suck.

c-murph

I guess that makes sense on why I had no trouble filling the summon bar. My Cecil and WoL had Barrage; while Elza had DW/Madness Rush.

Muku

Just capped Ingus. Now to finish Refia. How sweet it was when I saw that he got Full Break on screen. :) First one!

chrono01

I've kept up with it this far that I may as well try for the top 3,000 for the month. It'll be close though, but in the future I'll probably just stick with top 30,000 for the single moogle.

I keep doing it because I desperately want more burst pots to feed my Cecil, but it sucks because everyone worth fighting over 1.00 ratio is full of 6* and is a close battle that sometimes depends on who goes first. I also really hate that people put in troll leaders; Kefka leader with 2 Lightnings, Elza, Luneth? Alright I just lost. At least put one of the DPS units on the leader so I can adjust my expectations at least a little bit.

Even still I keep doing it. Ugh.
Yeah, I haven't given up on it entirely, but if I log in and notice my arena orbs are full, I don't freak out. I'll just spend them and then go on with my business. I'll keep aiming for top 30k per week, which isn't difficult at all to maintain.

It got boring really fast for me, but the Moogle is worth it.

tariniel

FFFFFFFFFFUCK!

I evoked Diabolos, no one had died, and I had LB stocked on all 3 of my dps, and then I accidentally took it to 30% too fast and got owned by endless. Man this sucks.

I think I'm just gonna turn on TM/LB farming and try again tomorrow...

Lyrian

Lightning's barrage will have 40 chances of getting that Esper Orb, per turn.

How many attacks does Medius do? Never got him/her.

Maybe we can test a team with Medius + 4 defense-focused team and 1 OP friend. Just to get that Evoke Mission.

Reddit Wiki says 6 on a normal attack (12 with dual wield) and 12 with his LB. Crazy chainable though if a player has dupes of him.

For the Evoke mission, I didn't have much trouble filling the bar just chaining barrages and other basic multi-hit attacks.

tuffymon

Do check which version of Memu is being run, a 2.9.1 came out which fixed several crashes and SO far, has worked flawlessly (I got it today).

Lyrian

Yeah, I haven't given up on it entirely, but if I log in and notice my arena orbs are full, I don't freak out. I'll just spend them and then go on with my business. I'll keep aiming for top 30k per week, which isn't difficult at all to maintain.

It got boring really fast for me, but the Moogle is worth it.

The pots still seem to be incentive enough to farm the arena, although people are still throwing lapis to reack top 3k still.

Hopefully it will calm down soon as the shiny newness of it wears off.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The pots still seem to be incentive enough to farm the arena, although people are still throwing lapis to reack top 3k still.

Hopefully it will calm down soon as the shiny newness of it wears off.

Currently in the top 1k and no lapis thrown at it. /shrug

I'm just picking the lowest rank, highest ratio

robotuw

As with basically everyone, my first few trial runs with Maxwell were gruesome.

Now I'm gearing up. This morning I pulled my first 3* CoD and had 0 sacred crystals and 0 cactuars. Ten refreshes later she's lvl 53 6*. I can definitely max her out well before the trial is over. With her, I can replace Tillith and make the final team be: Lightning, CoD, Cecil, Agrias, and Refia. If I need to, I can also spend my moogles and get a dualcast for Refia instantly. I should be ready to try for real in a few more days.

Thanks to everyone helping out with strategies! I'll be sure to use them when the time comes.

Lyrian

Currently in the top 1k and no lapis thrown at it. /shrug

I'm just picking the lowest rank, highest ratio

Wierd. I've been doing the same and am only in the mid 4000's (although that number has been slowly creeping towards the top).

Must be doing something wrong?

I DID IT, I FUCKING DID IT, LIMIT BREAK AND ESPER IN THE SAME RUN BABY.

I went back to the Rydia method, RNG gods and hyper helped Rydia build up LB fast, I managed to stave off rune/buff combo by keeping her in the red thanks to friend Elza.

In the end Elza and Cecil were the only ones left standing, Cecil came through by guarding like he's never guarded before and thanks to counter he built up his limit break and helped Elza land the final blow with her limit break.

#feelsgoodman

Cecil
Refia
Cloud of Darkness
Rydia
Agrias
Whale Elza

the hall of fame team that beat the evil bitch.

Man that fight really was luck on my part, not like i did something drastically different on the winning run, just got lucky.

hitmon

Has anybody been able to get Maxwell with a full mage team? I don't have much physical dps on my team (still searching for CoD) so maybe I'm out of luck until then. I do have a Chiz, but her ATK is only in the 250s.

scarlet

Has anybody been able to get Maxwell with a full mage team? I don't have much physical dps on my team (still searching for CoD) so maybe I'm out of luck until then. I do have a Chiz, but her ATK is only in the 250s.

Mages and Chizu aren't strong enough to survive her attack.

What's your team? I also lack of dps.

I used agrias, wol, refia, cecil and bcl for diabolos and LB achievements.

2 edgar, cecil, wol, refia for no kill achievement.

Iceman829

I took a break during the day after getting angry with the game. I had the day off from work so I went to the gym and then got some thing done around the house I've been wanting to do. Played some of my new console games and tried out Pokemon Sun. After dinner I decided to try Maxwell another time just to try and beat her.

wdPHtTP

So I was lucky enough to squeak out a victory after a long fight. Sad part was no one was even close to having an LB and the esper gauge was at like 40% and this was after 10 or so rounds. I'll take my Dual Wield TMR and I guess retire from the challenge because I can't figure out a way of lasting with my squad long enough to build meters. I must be missing something because I have 4 6* characters (CoD, DKC, Refia and Cecil) and WoL for full break. The only bright side is it looks like people are quitting arena since my weekly rank is now close to 1k and my monthly rank is under 1k now and that's without any refreshes.

I'm back to farming karma since I have 2 materias I haven't purchased yet and since I picked up Garland and DKC I'll need additional 6* materials to not fall behind on upgrades. After the maxwell stuff has died down I could use a hand with figuring what I need to focus on to properly equip my units

Celegus

Wierd. I've been doing the same and am only in the mid 4000's (although that number has been slowly creeping towards the top).

Same here. I'm around 2800 now, never did a refresh on orbs and only miss one or two each night for sleep. Since the reset I only ever get 1.05 - 1.10 ratios though, before I would get 1.50s nonstop. Whole thing seems spotty to me, I'll be glad when this month is over.

hitmon

Mages and Chizu aren't strong enough to survive her attack.

What's your team? I also lack of dps.

I used agrias, wol, refia, cecil and bcl for diabolos and LB achievements.

2 edgar, cecil, wol, refia for no kill achievement.

I have Agrias, WoL, bcl, Charlotte max leveled. I just awakened refia to 5* and Cecil is only at 4* (was working on his LBs) so I have some work cut out for me there.

My equipment may not be great against Maxwell. I have 2 shining splendors, mighty hammer, Enhancer, Golden Axe, and Death Scythe for weapons.

Most of my offense up to this point has been purely magic with 2 Kefkas and an Exdeath.

I'm just trying to clear without an ally being KO'd and Evoke Diabolos. I was able to clear the mission and do an LB with a strong friendly Elza

scarlet

I have Agrias, WoL, bcl, Charlotte max leveled. I just awakened refia to 5* and Cecil is only at 4* (was working on his LBs) so I have some work cut out for me there.

My equipment may not be great against Maxwell. I have 2 shining splendors, mighty hammer, Enhancer, Golden Axe, and Death Scythe for weapons.

Most of my offense up to this point has been purely magic with 2 Kefkas and an Exdeath.

I'm just trying to clear without an ally being KO'd and Evoke Diabolos. I was able to clear the mission and do an LB with a strong friendly Elza

We have similar unit. Just maxed your Cecil and If you have dualcast on Refia, it would helps you a lot!

For no KO, it's kinda hard with that set up.

hitmon

We have similar unit. Just maxed your Cecil and If you have dualcast on Refia, it would helps you a lot!

For no KO, it's kinda hard with that set up.

Yeah, I figured it might be tough. I don't have dualcast yet, one of the TMs I'm grinding for when there isn't an event going on. Thanks for the advice.

What is gaf's thoughts on the weapons in the current event? Are they worth investing Karma towards?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got CoD up to 100 and gave it a try. Got Maxwell, but none of the other bits. Took about 20-30minutes.

Used Leanna and stuffed her with nothing but HP Abilities. Used all my Elixirs too and 4 PDs. Rest of the team was built to endure and survive.

It basically depends on when you start really. Since there is no decay, if you start earlier, you'll be ahead unless you spend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom