• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Okay, CoD is now L100, so she has a measly attack of 322 with some tinkering with Diabolos. I'm ready to take yet another shot at Maxwell. I just want to see what Valentus does differently so I can learn how to play the game better. It is humiliating not being able to clear this content, when I have good units. My biggest issue is that there are certain units that would be great to have, that the game has declined to give me.

Like WoL. I'd still really like to pull him one day

DrRob - that would be a great idea, if I actually had counter

heres the vídeo ccie

If you dont make the mistakes i did, like using garnet revive instead of full Life, or replenishing late cod's mp, you can beat it easier.

If you fail the first or second time, please dont give up, you can do It. I cleared it in the same condiciones you should have So you can clear it too

heres the vídeo ccie

If you dont make the mistakes i did, like using garnet revive instead of full Life, or replenishing late cod's mp, you can beat it easier.

If you fail the first or second time, please dont give up, you can do It. I cleared it in the same condiciones you should have So you can clear it too

Im convinced counter will make a huge difference for those running Garnet/Rydia strategy

Get that summon faster and then rush down for the kill

Caim

Looks like I need to start leveling WoL and Refia ASAP.

Thank goodness the dunes are here.

Although, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get Maxwell plus I loafed this whole BF event because of work.

ExVicis

Keep losing with: Lightning, Cecil, Refia, WoL, Kefka, and a friend CoD/Elza.

I don't really have anyone better than Kefka to put there. Just about my only options are Vaan, Tellah, Exdeath.
Wouldn't Tellah with the Extra Rez be really a lot more useful?

Oh yeah fun tidbit to report. My rank in colosseum is higher than Valentine's rank!

Eidjinn

Megan, you can do it, just dont get frustrated and prepare your units if you must with the dunes.

Took any OP elza friend and follow this:

Turn 1

You: Cheer, Full Break, Omni Veil, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: Genesis, end turn. Genesis with onmi veil is a joke, so not worry here. If Maxwell cast any other thing but Genesis is because you drained her much HP and activated her HP thresholds.

Turn 2

You: Provoke, Curaja, Call of the Void, Enfeebling Slash (VERY IMPORTANT), ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: 2-3 Destiny, 3-4 normal attacks. End turn. Enfeebling is the ace here, with that you must disease max. If you do it, you have the upper hand to win the trial in the next 4 turns.

Turn 3

You: Cura/full break, Cheer/Curaja, Omni Veil, Madness Rush (Enfeebling again if Max is not diseased) ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: Probably meteor, or sacred song and normal attacks

See if you need to cure or refresh the buffs.

Turn 4

You: DISPEL, Full Break, Cheer, Call of the Void, Madness Rush, ATTACK ATTACK (or use items to heal like X potion or even elixirs)

Maxwell: probably meteor or resurrection and genesis and normal attacks

At this point you should trigger any of maxwell's HP thresholds and avoid Rune (that is the attack that game over your party)

Turn 5:

Go all out with full HP

Maxwell: Endless (if you can give her HP to 30%)

Nothing to add here, its you or she

Turn 6:

Go all out again to kill her

Just keep trying and you will make it girl.

THAT WORKED!!!!!

Did not get the summon... maybe acumulating summon orbs is pure RNG?

Team:
Cecil lv. 100
CoD lv. 100
CoD lv. 100
Refia lv. 100
Vann lv. 80
Elza (Valentus)

Actually... it was easy and I don't know why.

CCIE

Banned
Valentus - your videos are very helpful... have the newest one yet? <Wink,wink>
And no, I don't have 30 SQ. I bought a second pair of earrings a couple of days ago

I'm beginning to think that having L100 CoD is all the difference here. I haven't had that yet. If so, an important lesson about attempting things before being ready

Valentus - your videos are very helpful... have the newest one yet? <Wink,wink>
And no, I don't have 30 SQ. I bought a second pair of earrings a couple of days ago

Nooooooo

:(
Go 11 pull some sabins

The only other sources right now are daily login and arena... Or very rare cactuar spawns in exploration

You are on your alternate account now right? Maybe you have more in the story to claim?

heres the vídeo ccie

damn this doesn't help me with the esper problem, don't have dual cast either but beating her was never my problem

I can do every thing here up until the ressurection combo and she attacks me A LOT more than what I saw in your vid, she also goes up my ass with destiny.

The problem is reaching turn 8 because i have to keep holding out for the esper bar and she ends up going up full Rune/Sacred Song or Endless on my ass and at that point its go for the kill or quit because the damn esper bar still isn't full.

UrSuLeTzU

No KO, does that mean no KO at all or no KO by the time she is defeated?

No KO at all. I managed to get that the second time I tried it. My Rydia is almost done and I have 3 maxed entrust units in Ramza, Butts and VLC Fina but how the hell do I fit them all in for that lb kill?

Syrus

Banned
I dont have CoD or a Full breaker.. im screwed on this right?

I was able to kill Maxwell and get the materia but no chance of taking it slow and getting a summon...

Zalasta

Wiped on my 2nd attempt in trying to do the missions. I was doing fine by turn 3, got esper to about 40% this time. However, I think I didn't slow down fast enough and triggered Endless which basically killed 4 units.

UrSuLeTzU

I dont have CoD or a Full breaker.. im screwed on this right?

I was able to kill Maxwell and get the materia but no chance of taking it slow and getting a summon...

Thing is that I do have a CoD but it's only 5* and I don't even think I can fit her in. I'll have to try something like this: WoL(only 5.5k hp :() with cura, 476MAG Ramza, Refia(dualcast only at 40% :(), dual-meh-wielding Butts for entrust#2, Rydia and a Nomidor Elza. That should work if I use a shellga item and maybe a hyper, hmmm.. any thoughts or suggestions?

tariniel

I have 15 tickets... worth it for trying to get CoD? I also wouldn't mind Gaff or DKC but those are pipe dreams. Maybe I should just stick to daily pulls. These tickets always tempt me.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
5 More levels till I max CoD.

Then need to bring Refia up from 70 to 80, Evolve then 1 to 100.... Q_Q

At 70, she has more HP than my Leanna... -_-

CCIE

Banned
Damnit, I followed the instructions to the letter, but still was demolished... I'm not doing enough damage. My fights are going into round eight and above, and cannot win that way

Valentus

Tariniel
screenshot_2016-11-189tb6u.png

Uploading the video now

Damnit, I followed the instructions to the letter, but still was demolished... I'm not doing enough damage. My fights are going into round eight and above, and cannot win that way

dont give up, check the equipment and find replacements for the items you dont have. Like i said before, dont give up in the first or second try, it will come eventually.

ExVicis

Damn, so I guess check equipment then and make sure that's all up to snuff.

CCIE

Banned
I came WAY closer using Celegus CoD... so I will keep at it. Void is a game-changer for a 500+ attack CoD. My little CoD is just plain pathetic in comparison. I'll get it one of these times

Kouriozan

I did it, woohoo!
Took me 3/4 tries to get the feeling of the battle, then completed all but "don't get a ko" mission and now it's done.

xzPemGrl.jpg

Yeah it was hard but I do like some challenges, this trial will probably returns for Brave Frontier part 2 but with her 4 millions HP.

Valentus

Heres the vídeo tariniel

So here's the thing.

You dont have CoD or Elza or Tilith, so the thing i thought is that is more convenient for you to go with a powered cloud of darkness, like mine lol, and do a fast takedown to maxwell.

- Whats the trick: YOU MUST CHAIN CALL OF THE VOID WITH CRUSHING BLOW. That way, cod's void will do massive damage to maxwell.

- You see that i dont equiped Kefka with MAG+10, instead i used HP materias. Do it, so Kefka wont be glasscannon.

- If you have cura materia, equip it to your WoL, it will help to Refia in the turn you have to embolden.

- YOU CANT replicate this damage with Luneth's Cut Through because with luneth you dont have the +125% damage to humans that CoD has.

There you have it. Good Luck!

NomarTyme

^^^ good idea to practice chain in the earth shrine.

Honestly I thought it was a really fun trial. A little taste before we get Gigamesh. Took more than 6 tries before I got all the stuff.

Pejo

Hmm, just made a fresh attempt at Maxwell. Lasted 6 rounds, barely had half a bar of esper meter. I need to play around grinding cactuars to see what builds orbs. I had 3 out of my 6 units doing multi hit attacks every round, and got her all the way down to the Endless whatever thing that killed everyone but Cecil, which was as good as a wipe.

There has to be something that gives better % of orb return.

chrono01

Whhhhheeeeewww baby

Got Maxwell first try

How damn this is a tough one

Didnt get the LB kill or the no deaths (lol)

Umm totally doable though. Valentus may want to consider dropping Diablolos for Ifrit. Your Elza is a monster but WAYY too squishy

Ok I think I might have some tips for you guys. Double Tank. 2 DPS 1 healer and One breaker
Congrats!

Holy Shit :eek:

Wasnt even going to do a Daily pull this time because i already have CoD/Garland and the chance of getting DKC is too low. I didnt see this coming at all.

Damn....so close yet so far - but at least you know you can get him. But i agree it sucks how much RNG is involved when it comes LB and Esper meter.
Oh man, nice job. I want Zidane so badly.

To all the people that is having struggle with Maxwell, please take note of those things:

1.- this the first trial where you really are in "if you dont have XXX unit you are fucked" situation. Get used to it, all gacha games has some trials like this.

2.- FOLLOW MAXWELL PATTERN:

Turn 1: Genesis
Turn 2: 7 or 8 attacks (alternate between normal attacks and Destiny)
Turn 3: Sacred song + attacks
Turn 4: RUNE - YOU ARE FUCKED

And she repeats that pattern.

When Maxwell gets to 60% HP threshold mark: Meteor - YOU ARE FUCKED IF SACRED SONG IS ACTIVE

When Maxwell gets to 50% HP Threshold: Revive and normal attacks

When Maxwell gets to 50% HP Threshold: METEOR AGAIN - FUCK YOU ALL

When Maxwell gets to 30% HP Threshold: ENDLESS, YES, ITS THE END FOR YOU SCRUB CHIZURU.

Tips to get it done:

Full Break and Elemental resistance are imperative. Genesis, Destiny and Rune are holy element attacks, and WoL and Cecil with elemental def up can endure it like a champions.

When Maxwell cast Sacred Song, DISPEL HER SHIT, you cannot survive her massive ATK boost that gets with sacred song.

Defend with your weakest units in the turn of Rune.

DONT THROW DISEASE ON TURN 1, YOUR PARTY CAN ENDURE GENESIS. Disease her in turn 2 so you can have that extra crucial turn of maxwell with disease.

This isnt a fight where you can win with auto unless you have a monster party.
Thanks for these tips, I'll have to remember them when I try again.

I think this fight was atleast 10 turns.

- @Valentus Elza was mostly attacking normally (except in the end it was Ravaging) (Died 2 times btw)
- Vaan was Full Breaking or making normal attacks
- Pestle CoD was barraging
- Weaker CoD was Omniveiling, normally attacking and feeding Turbo Ethers to Refia
- Refia Dual Casted Full Life & Curaja
- Cecil had another Dual Cast Curaja jobbing when Refia was Full Lifing

So frustrating to finish turns with five units attacking and getting 0 Esper orbs.

BUT FUCK YEAH! I DID BEAT THE FUCKING BULLSHIT RNG \o/.

Screenshot_20161118-152556.png
Screenshot_20161118-152632.png
Screenshot_20161118-152701.png
Congrats!

Well holy shit...I did a daily thinking a 2nd Gaffgarion would be nice...and it was my first Daily Rainbow and I got DKC!!!! My luck right now is absurd...also won't be going for Maxwell till later in the week Cactuar Dunes is much priority atm.
\o/!

Grats! And some good tips. I have only managed to beat Maxwell so far. Going to try and get Rydia up to 80 and see how that goes.

I was expecting a troll but daily pull rainbow was better than expected! My two base 5*s are both FFT and I couldn't be happier. Have the entire crew now. Orlandeau, you're next.
Yet another 5*. Congrats to you, as well.

OMG. my first base 5* after 2 times of painful troll rainbow.
Decide to pull because I can't even beat maxwell with super strong friend. I thought at least I can get CoD now that her banner is up. Nearly disappointed when i don't find any green monster. But then realize there is DK Cecil.

What is the right way to build him?
My DW TMR is right around the corner (88%), but Excalibur and Sakurafubuki are still pretty far.
See above. (Congrats!)

OMG SO LUCKY.

On the previous turn I used Ravaging Blow on Elza and got the last stupid esper orb. Then I was lucky enough to live through 3x Genesis with Elza (70 hp left). At this point I just had to pop Diabolos with Cecil and end it with Elza's Madness Rush.

Thanks Valentus for carrying my ass through this trial (again).

My 2 gil for the trial: Rune is a killer ability. On turn 3, cast Omni-Veil with CoD or similar. Make sure buffs are up. The longer you can keep her breaked and unbuffed, the longer you will live and the more chances you have on getting those orbs.
Nicely done. I can't wait to get this thing over and done with. I just need to wait until I see Valentus and his Elza as being available.

Dispelling Sacred Song is key of you're trying to obtain enough esper gauge to summon Diablos. Otherwise that shit is going to wipe you out.
I think this is what got me last time. Something insta-killed my entire party from full health, so that kind of explains things.

So, here's my team.

First Turn: Fullbreak, Focus, Omniveil, rest attack

2nd Turn: Garnet defend, Cecil heal, rest attack. Almost all LB crystal went to Garnet, maxing her LB.

3rd Turn: Garnet LB, evoke Diabolos

The rest is a matter of defend, fullbreak, focus, dispel, heal, omniveil. Cecil's LB also really helped a lot.

And done.

I used Celegus' CoD. Call of the Void dealt 100k damage each hit. Although Valentus' Elza and tuffy's CoD will also be equally important.
If I don't have a viable Cecil (since he's at 4*), think I could use Charlotte for Shellga instead? Also, if I'm using Rainbow Veil with Tilith, is it worth using Omniveil with CoD? Do they stack?

Damn i decided to pull 5 tickets on the dark destroyer banner since i have nothing but garland and out popped my first rainbow!! (Been playing since march)

I prayed itd be the banner rainbow and not troll and...out comes ramza.

My first five star, ill take it!

Edit: anyone have a big CoD i can use to try to win this event?
Congrats on the Ramza!

surely maxwell is coming back, because it isnt in gumi releasing limited free units and then not releasing ever again (and it would be a less impact update where only a few people can evolve her maxwell to 6star and much other new players wont have access to it)

If maxwell would have her 6star upgrade right now, i will tell you that maybe she wont coming back, but now i think she will return in 4 months with tilith and vargas 6star update.
Yeah, I really hope Maxwell makes a return (if I can't beat her this time). I should be able to, since people with lesser units seem to be managing, but RNG is still a factor for the most part. :(

This is all kinds of shit... I now HATE this game. I get whale units - doesn't matter. I buff the crap out of EVERYTHING. Yet somehow, someway even when I defend at full health and buffed to the fucking moon, I lose Agrias every damned time in the fourth round ( and no, she doesn't have the Diabolos Esper). The Maxwell bitch goes after her, specifically. Which is truly terrible, because she is the full break unit.

Which means that even if I dispel at the start of the fifth round, the Maxwell bitch is so strong without being broken that without a magic break capability she one shots my defending party. It's happened five times in a row now.

I'm stuck in some kind of BS RNG loop from Hell. I give up. I'm going to level my units, and just run TMR. Because I cannot beat this bitch. And now I'm getting torn up in the Arena to boot.
Sorry. :/

Just take a break and go back at it later. She'll be here for a while more, just take a breather and try again later. I'm sure you'll be successful eventually, just keep at it!

1XvM6ill.png

8Qtb9wXl.png

Yesss!!!! What a fight!! I got both the achievements at one go!! Kept Elzas limit break on hold to the end of the fight whilst the summon bar was filling up (so damn slowly), it seemed to fill the most when Cloud of Darkness was using Barrage. When the Esper bar was full, I realised my Elsa friend didn't have Diablos set!! But it was good in a way as I was able to use Diablos on Luneth and Elzas limit break at the same time as the very last moves, which did it!! Wow.

Team:
Warrior of Light
Cecil
Cloud of Darkness
Refia
Luneth
Elsa (friend)

I was not nervous about her killing me, I was not nervous about accidentally killing her before using the limit break...I WAS NERVOUS ABOUT THE DAMN GAME CRASHING!!!

The game crashed twice, both times I had the Esper bar around 75% and was doing okay. When loading back into the game, it would crash loading, then when it eventually got in I would have to start the fight from scratch. It was a slow and steady battle, had to limit the moves so he didn't die.

Needed to use 2 Elixers.
Congrats on the Maxwell clear!

Megan, you can do it, just dont get frustrated and prepare your units if you must with the dunes.

Took any OP elza friend and follow this:

Turn 1

You: Cheer, Full Break, Omni Veil, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: Genesis, end turn. Genesis with onmi veil is a joke, so not worry here. If Maxwell cast any other thing but Genesis is because you drained her much HP and activated her HP thresholds.

Turn 2

You: Provoke, Curaja, Call of the Void, Enfeebling Slash (VERY IMPORTANT), ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: 2-3 Destiny, 3-4 normal attacks. End turn. Enfeebling is the ace here, with that you must disease max. If you do it, you have the upper hand to win the trial in the next 4 turns.

Turn 3

You: Cura/full break, Cheer/Curaja, Omni Veil, Madness Rush (Enfeebling again if Max is not diseased) ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: Probably meteor, or sacred song and normal attacks

See if you need to cure or refresh the buffs.

Turn 4

You: DISPEL, Full Break, Cheer, Call of the Void, Madness Rush, ATTACK ATTACK (or use items to heal like X potion or even elixirs)

Maxwell: probably meteor or resurrection and genesis and normal attacks

At this point you should trigger any of maxwell's HP thresholds and avoid Rune (that is the attack that game over your party)

Turn 5:

Go all out with full HP

Maxwell: Endless (if you can give her HP to 30%)

Nothing to add here, its you or she

Turn 6:

Go all out again to kill her

Just keep trying and you will make it girl.
Thanks for these tips (and your Elza). :)

I did it, woohoo!
Took me 3/4 tries to get the feeling of the battles, then completed all but "don't get a ko" mission and now it's done.

xzPemGrl.jpg

Yeah it was hard but I do like some challenges, this trial will probably returns for Brave Frontier part 2 but with her 4 millions HP.
Congrats!

CCIE

Banned
Valentus - what if I used Lightning, and chained CB with Celegus CoD Call of the Void? Wouldn't that do massive damage as well for me? My problem is that I'm not getting enough damage by end of round four to avoid RUNE

Do you have the video to help me?

tariniel

Heres the vídeo tariniel

So here's the thing.

You dont have CoD or Elza or Tilith, so the thing i thought is that is more convenient for you to go with a powered cloud of darkness, like mine lol, and do a fast takedown to maxwell.

- Whats the trick: YOU MUST CHAIN CALL OF THE VOID WITH CRUSHING BLOW. That way, cod's void will do massive damage to maxwell.

- You see that i dont equiped Kefka with MAG+10, instead i used HP materias. Do it, so Kefka wont be glasscannon.

- If you have cura materia, equip it to your WoL, it will help to Refia in the turn you have to embolden. The community for this game is top tier.

- YOU CANT replicate this damage with Luneth's Cut Through because with luneth you dont have the +125% damage to humans that CoD has.

There you have it. Good Luck!

Thank you! I will check it out and try to replicate :)

Do you think I can do all the mission objectives with my layout?

I can't believe you went through all that trouble to record that for me. You're the best, for real.

Valentus

Valentus - what if I used Lightning, and chained CB with Celegus CoD Call of the Void? Wouldn't that do massive damage as well for me? My problem is that I'm not getting enough damage by end of round four to avoid RUNE

Do you have the video to help me?

I changed my leader yo CoD, that does 250k per void chained.

Try this

Lightning
Agrias
Refia
CoD
Cecil
CoD Friend

Do the same i do in the second video, but your own cod (not friend) keep her with Omni Veil active, and then try to chain your 2 voids plus crushing blow.

chrono01

Andvary

LiyE06ul.png

Got her! It was my first try, that's Valentus' CoD btw. (Thanks Valentus!)
The fight lasted around 10 turns.
Refia died a couple of times, I used 2 phoenix down, an elixir and a turbo ether.
I managed to evoke diabolos, so I'm just missing the no K.O. and Limit burst trophies.

Maxwell down in 3 turns (no Esper though) with Luneth, Lightning, WoL, Refia, and Ramza the MVP for Cura, Cheer, and Magic/Weapon Break.

... and I of course forgot to use a Limit Burst. :|

At least I know I can beat her now. God only knows how to do Esper invoking, though.

tuffymon

LiyE06ul.png

Got her! It was my first try, that's Valentus' CoD btw. (Thanks Valentus!)
Refia died a couple of times, I used 2 phoenix down, a elixir and a turbo ether.
I managed to evoke diabolos, so I'm just missing the no K.O. and Limit burst trophies.

Congrats, but at least you got the most important one right?

scarlet

CCIE your team is way much better than me. Technically you can do it.

Good luck

Yes, nobody has to die during the fight.

Yeaaaah there's no way I can get that no KO mission lol

And I keep all my LB for the last strike. Never used it in the middle of fight.

Thinking to bring maxed Maxwell against herself.

CCIE

Banned
Scarlet - that is my frustration. I should have been able to do this, but for some reason. Bad RNG, whatever, it just hasn't worked for me so far. But I'm getting a LOT closer. If fact, now that I know a 500+ attack CoD can chain the void move with Lightning CB for massive damage, I think I can do it

It just sucks waiting for Valentus, Celegus, etc... to come around again. I have to wait a few hours first. In the meantime, I will run the Dunes for Arc now. I've probably spent close to 1500 lapis on this event between it, and leveling CoD up to L100.

NomarTyme

CCIE your team is way much better than me. Technically you can do it.

Good luck

Yeaaaah there's no way I can get that no KO mission lol

And I keep all my LB for the last strike. Never used it in the middle of fight.

Thinking to bring maxed Maxwell against herself.

Yes you can. Nomidor's COD is a one person wrecking crew. Just got to have full break, cheer, and imperil to smash through that defense while the other defend.

scarlet

Scarlet - that is my frustration. I should have been able to do this, but for some reason. Bad RNG, whatever, it just hasn't worked for me so far. But I'm getting a LOT closer. If fact, now that I know a 500+ attack CoD can chain the void move with Lightning CB for massive damage, I think I can do it

It just sucks waiting for Valentus, Celegus, etc... to come around again. I have to wait a few hours first. In the meantime, I will run the Dunes for Arc now. I've probably spent close to 1500 lapis on this event between it, and leveling CoD up to L100.

I tried Udca's, Valentus's, Cybrwzrd's, and Tuffy's CoD every 3 hours. I did it in the 9th hour! Patience is the key, still have a week, don't focus on getting every missions in single run

Glad my CoD has been helping you guys! I still haven't tried it yet because CACTUARS!

Can I add you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom