• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Got CoD up to 100 and gave it a try. Got Maxwell, but none of the other bits. Took about 20-30minutes.

Used Leanna and stuffed her with nothing but HP Abilities. Used all my Elixirs too and 4 PDs. Rest of the team was built to endure and survive.

That's how I slugged it out. Went pure defense and just slugged it out for the long haul.

If I decide to chase the other achievements later in the week, I could probably forward a more aggressive build next time around.

Whizkid7

Reddit Wiki says 6 on a normal attack (12 with dual wield) and 12 with his LB. Crazy chainable though if a player has dupes of him.

For the Evoke mission, I didn't have much trouble filling the bar just chaining barrages and other basic multi-hit attacks.

Oh, this is good to know, cause I was really struggling with the evoke mission. Dunno if I have enough time to, but maybe if I grind enough I can get that Barrage TM and slap it on Luneth...Him + CoD spamming barrage on top of maybe a friend CoD would certainly work.

Syrus

Banned
Holy Shit!!!! After all day of trying different strong friends. Got all but 10,000 Karma.

CoD friends are best to kill Max and Kill without KO.

Whizkid7

Please don't be another troll, please don't be another troll, please don't be another troll...

Uhhhhhhh WELL that not Elza but I'll take it! Oh man do I have enough gear to get him ready for Maxwell...

Funny enough this was a pull on the Brave Frontier banner.

tuffymon

If you dont get esper gauge drops , exit out of your game will reset your turn and you can redo it til you get the drops and test skills.

I think exiting out also resets his Destiny and Rune timers , he never used them vs me.

I had to exit out a shit ton lol. My last two round were nerve wrecking. I got lucky but was able to summon diabolos before endless and lightning survived it with 1300 of 6104 life and was able to finish the milimeter thin life left. Never been so thrilled to win a battle.

With luck , a good tank , a good healer and super strong friend this is doable...and lots of game exits.

You just openly said you cheated and condoned that way of play to others. You also say its doable without certain units, but you just played the battle like save states on an emulator... congrats

Syrus

Banned
You just openly said you cheated and condoned that way of play to others. You also say its doable without certain units, but you just played the battle like save states on an emulator... congrats

Is it cheating? I did it to get the esper orbs.

Either way I edited my post. Didnt know its cheating. I just read you can redo turns for esper drops.

Do you use macros? Thats cheating more of a way then i did purely for esper drops. But I love all my macro friends lol. I cant macro , only on phone. Sorry for offending you

UrSuLeTzU

Maxwell complete(I beat him without dying on my first) on my 3rd try!
capture
image ru

I can't believe how easy it was with a bit of preparation and without Rydia or Garnet.
I went with WoL, Butts(entrust+dual wield), Ramza(471MAG+entrust+breaks), Vaan(focus, dispel&lb kill), Refia(still without dual cast :C) and the real MVP: dat OP Nomidor CoD. I even did libra in this run cuz Vaan was running out of stuff to do, lol. Hardest fight in the game for sure but it was the most fun as well! If anyone can do a similar setup(the first pic is from a previous win) and wants some tips I would be happy to answer your questions :)

Abylim

Can I get someone with a sick CoD or something to kill Maxwell, pretty please? I cant quite get her with my group.

My lead is a 491 atk Luneth, if that helps.

tuffymon

Is it cheating? I did it to get the esper drops , I didnt know it reset her turn moves.

Either way I edited my post. Didnt know its cheating. I just read you can redo turns for esper drops.

Dont you use macros? Thats cheating more of a way then i did purely for esper drops.

Correct, I do use macros. I decided to use them when we were given the green light that it was ok to do so. Anyone is welcome to tell me if that has since changed.

The outcome was manipulated by the user, in a setting beyond normal gameplay. Which is usually in some form... cheating. Now, the turn reset I kinda feel is their fault, they should have coded it so that doesn't occur.

In before phone calls interrupting gameplay. Sure once or twice is totally plausible, but 6+~ times? Sounds like you're too busy to be trying the Maxwell / gaming anyways.

Syrus

Banned
Correct, I do use macros. I decided to use them when we were given the green light that it was ok to do so. Anyone is welcome to tell me if that has since changed.

The outcome was manipulated by the user, in a setting beyond normal gameplay. Which is usually in some form... cheating. Now, the turn reset I kinda feel is their fault, they should have coded it so that doesn't occur.

In before phone calls interrupting gameplay. Sure once or twice is totally plausible, but 6+~ times? Sounds like you're too busy to be trying the Maxwell / gaming anyways.

I didnt think it was a big deal for esper orbs , i didnt know about turn powers. If it makes it better. I killed her easily just the damn orb challenge.

So now that most of my friend units seem to be CoD I am guessing its the best unit to beat maxwell?

I have my maxed Garnet as shared unit. shall i change it to 6 star CoD ?

UrSuLeTzU

I didn't reset turns on my LB kill&esper run but the fucking game crashed twice, once when I summoned and the other time near the end. So until Gumi fixes their broken ass code I can't judge anyone doing an odd reset or 10 :/

linkent

abusing game mechanic ≠ Cheating

everyone have their own idea, so just let people have their own fun.
when RNG is involved, people will try to get some help to improve those RNG.

OPTC - bad orbs roll? just restart and try for better orbs.
DBZ DB - enemy super this turn? restart and seal that super.

it is there to be abused. dont want those? fix it.
why does crashing in Arena = auto lose, while crashing in quest is resumable?

now doing OHKO/Godlike hack is consider cheating which should be easily bannable if the developers want to.

leehom

FFFFfffFFFF, Elza had limit break and Maxwell kills her. At least I got the mission for LB, but didn't get the no KO. I guess I'll have to do each one separately, lol. Otoh, my esper gauge doesn't go up at all. I guess I need to use Rydia??

tuffymon

abusing game mechanic ≠ Cheating

everyone have their own idea, so just let people have their own fun.
when RNG is involved, people will try to get some help to improve those RNG.

OPTC - bad orbs roll? just restart and try for better orbs.
DBZ DB - enemy super this turn? restart and seal that super.

it is there to be abused. dont want those? fix it.
why does crashing in Arena = auto lose, while crashing in quest is resumable?

now doing OHKO/Godlike hack is consider cheating which should be easily bannable if the developers want to.

Because some people would do the EXACT same thing that they are doing to Maxwell, to the arena. Oh noes, I had a bad round, reset, oh wait... crippled, reset... reset... It makes sense.

Acerac

Banned
FFFFfffFFFF, Elza had limit break and Maxwell kills her. At least I got the mission for LB, but didn't get the no KO. I guess I'll have to do each one separately, lol. Otoh, my esper gauge doesn't go up at all. I guess I need to use Rydia??
Barrage characters also work if you have them.

linkent

All of this arguing over Maxwell and "cheating". Come on guys, we're all friends here. Besides, Maxwell is ridiculously easy, anyone can beat her. Hell, this guy/gal beats her in one turn. Difficult? Pfft!

https://youtu.be/rn1wnAoU5gQ

Damn.. that will be me one........ i mean never.

Because some people would do the EXACT same thing that they are doing to Maxwell, to the arena. Oh noes, I had a bad round, reset, oh wait... crippled, reset... reset... It makes sense.

my point is, it is there to be abused because the developer choose to let them in.
if you dont like it, you can either dont use it or just ignore people who use it.
complaining about people who use it here does nothing, you can complain to Gumi tho.

Japan has stacking doublehand to make op character, is that cheating?
Japan has trial boss that can be osmosed to only auto-attacking, is that cheating?

I cant beat this maxwell. Any one got a good idea how to beat with with the following Units?

I have:
Maxed Garnet
Maxed Lennah
6 star lvl 88 Cod
Maxed vaan
maxed Cecil

No TM.
No provoke
No imperil Unless I switch one of my units for Bartz that is maxed

Used Nomidors Cod, got killed :(

leehom

I cant beat this maxwell. Any one got a good idea how to beat with with the following Units?

The Lightning I used, we were able to kill him in two turns. First turn took him down to about 25% hp. Find an extremely OP friend unit, over 600 atk with dual wield and deathbringer.

linkent

I have:
Maxed Garnet
Maxed Lennah
6 star lvl 88 Cod
Maxed vaan
maxed Cecil

No TM.
No provoke

first thing should max that CoD.
should be doable with only Garnet and switch that Lenna to some hard dps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5dpyoq/a_f2p_guide_to_all_of_maxwells_achievements/

gonna follow this guide, cant wait to max my Vann.

bonkeng

I have:
Maxed Garnet
Maxed Lennah
6 star lvl 88 Cod
Maxed vaan
maxed Cecil

No TM.
No provoke

Max CoD first. She's the MVP of this event.

What other units do you have beside that 6?

tuffymon

my point is, it is there to be abused because the developer choose to let them in.
if you dont like it, you can either dont use it or just ignore people who use it.
complaining about people who use it here does nothing, you can complain to Gumi tho.

Japan has stacking doublehand to make op character, is that cheating?
Japan has trial boss that can be osmosed to only auto-attacking, is that cheating?

Not every bug or issue is known without reporting it and yes, some things they won't ever care about. My bottom line is, we don't know IF at some point penalties could occur for blatant cheese of this specific mechanic. If you feel safe doing it, by all means do it. If you don't or feel you can beat it legit, theirs that too. Overall, I don't care if YOU/anyone cheats, but don't advocate it to others.

To answer the 2 other questions...
I'm iffy on the first one, clearly its well known, but considered a feature for Japan, while removed for global. Why isn't it the same for both? I can have a gripe with that.
The second one is totally not cheating, that's just poor design on whoever made the boss.

Xion86

Damn my team is just destroying others in the Arena by repeating the same moves again and again...last fight was 3 Lightnings, Cecil and Refia, went down in 3 turns. Picking the top player in the list each time and on a 40 streak so far!

Using:
Luneth
Cecil
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka
Refia

But, where the hell are my Weekly Arena rewards from last week?! Is it just me that didn't get anything come through or what :/ was in the top 3000...

Dandte

Crap i messed up.

I managed to awoke Diaoblos, my lb gauge was full, but looks like i activated it too early and i didn't got the checkmark...but at least maxwell.

If i use the LB after the overkill sign, does it still count?

Also:
  • Decided to do a daily....still hunting for elza
  • Pulling
  • Recognize it isn't BF rate up
  • Blue Crystal
  • Waiting for Duanne to show up
  • Garland...my first one and i wanted to have him since forever :D

today is a good day :)

Xion86

Crap i messed up.

I managed to awoke Diaoblos, my lb gauge was full, but looks like i activated it too early and i didn't got the checkmark...but at least maxwell.

Also:
  • Decided to do a daily....still hunting for elza
  • Pulling
  • Recognize it isn't BF rate up
  • Blue Crystal
  • Waiting for Duanne to show up
  • Garland...my first one and i wanted to have him since forever :D

today is a good day :)

I had one instance where I used the limit break at the end (Elzas) with another move and it didn't register. When I eventually did it my last two moves were both Diablos and the limit break at the same time to finish him off which was quite lucky to get two in one :D

For those who missed the post, I used:

Warrior of Light (Full Break and random attacks)
Cloud of Darkness (element buff / Barrage)
Reifa (Dual Cast Full Revive and cure spells)
Luneth (cut through, random attacks)
Cecil (Provoke, buffs, cures, random attacks)
Elza (attacks and disease spell)

linkent

How do we osmose an enemy of all their mp? The character spells I have barely do anything, is it the esper trait?
Some abilities take physical damage and drain much more mp than usual osmose.
That is why when Elza lance us in Arena, it always empty our mp instantly.

Crap i messed up.

"
Did some quest by limit breaking after overkill sign.
So it should count.

Razmos

Zera's Lightning with Deathbringer and Crushing Blow was the closest I've gotten to beating Maxwell.. until she healed herself and spammed her strongest moves.

Fucking hate this fight. Just can't do it at all.

I really need Dual cast for Refia but alas I failed to pull a single goddamn Ludmille despite many many pulls on the Lightning banner

Alkez

Well I asked for a challenging fight and I got it. Congrats to everyone who has managed to obtain Maxwell so far. I'm nearly there, it's just coming down to rng on crystal drops and allocations now. Just hoping to get lucky so I can return to TM farming.

Shouta

JP just announced part 2 of the 1st anniversary campaign. Another set of free daily summons, user selection rate ups on the best units, raid event featuring the Mog King, special subquests in the moogle world, the legendary 12 armaments are going to be announced, and a new challenge boss called Aigaion.

New challenge boss gives out a 145 damage claw weapon and the reward for summoning Ramuh during the fight is Martial Mastery, the great sword mastery equivalent for claw weapons. My Prishe is going to be fucking LIT.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I spend like 3 hours on this shit yesterday - but i finally was able to clear the Diablos Challenge, but i was so tired at the end that i forgot to screenshot it lol.

My Team:
max1h5uhb.jpg

Shit was just ridiculous - the most important thing was just RNG and luck. From the runs earlier i knew that it would likely take me at least 25 minutes to get it done - if i had Cecil instead of Charlotte and Dual Cast on Refia this would have been a way smoother ride. But Shellga and Provoke on Charlotte was enough to help me get through.

Didnt use Full Break/Cheer in the first couple turns because this would end in too much damage from my damaged dealers, since you need to spam Barrage for the Esper bar to fill a bit. Also the reason why Elza didnt work for me - she just hits too hard.

Edit:

Also as expected i feel not having Cecil will be quite the issue going forward - dammit. 30 pulls and the sucker didnt drop. Hope Charlotte gets 6* version at some point.

bonkeng

JP just announced part 2 of the 1st anniversary campaign. Another set of free daily summons, user selection rate ups on the best units, raid event featuring the Mog King, special subquests in the moogle world, the legendary 12 armaments are going to be announced, and a new challenge boss called Aigaion.

New challenge boss gives out a 145 damage claw weapon and the reward for summoning Ramuh during the fight is Martial Mastery, the great sword mastery equivalent for claw weapons. My Prishe is going to be fucking LIT.

There's also a free 6* unit right? Mog!!!

Valentus

It wasn't doable with his Elza? lol

I guess Call of Duty has all the resistances makes it a better candidate.

Elza hits like 30k per hit, with a total of 180k per skill

My cod hits 250-300k per call of the void. Its more fast to kill maxwell with my cod.

im reading in reddit that the other reward is full break materia??????

CCIE

Banned
Finally!!! Valentus, thanks for the assist! And thanks to everyone on here for their support. Daily - another CoD
So glad to be done with that one. And now I can add Maxwell to the TMR team with Gaffgarion. My Lightning will be pretty good in a month or two. Right now, she's just "not scrub" status ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom