• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally was able to kill maxwell with a limit break this morning, and when I did it i didn't even realize until afterwards that none of my characters died.

Done with maxwell!! Back to cactaurs and then farming for karma (almost done with materia but now with maxwell I'm feeling going after that trust moogle)

Zafir

Think I'm gunna have to try and power level my Cecil over the weekend to get the Diablos challenge on Maxwell.

I don't see myself doing it with my current team that doesn't have a tank. Can beat Maxwell, but dragging it out long enough to be able to summon is just impossible without my team dying.

Syntsui

the popularity banner in JP:

This is amazing. Gilga more popular than old man and laughing man

And the shantotto and zidane thrist is real
Amazing.

Great unit with the best TM in the game >>> Great unit. Can't wait for more popularity banners here, there has to be one by Black Friday/Christmas/New Year's

Zera's Lightning with Deathbringer and Crushing Blow was the closest I've gotten to beating Maxwell.. until she healed herself and spammed her strongest moves.

Fucking hate this fight. Just can't do it at all.

I really need Dual cast for Refia but alas I failed to pull a single goddamn Ludmille despite many many pulls on the Lightning banner

I'm 9% away from finishing Black Cowl which will give my Lightning more attack. It will be done before the day is done. Either my Lightning, Valentus Elza/CoD, or a few others can get you guys through this. Just keep trying. The fight does have some RNG to it but you have to on your shiz with dispelling and keep your full break/buffs/debuffs up. You'll get it!

Not about Maxwell (omg!) but I just noticed even equipped items contribute to your used slots. Seriously? That's kinda unprecedented in this kind of game

Syntsui

My Refia will be ready by the end of the day. I hope the RNG can bless me so I can summon Diablos with no problem. If my party survived Rune with Shellga alone, I don't see how I can possibly fuck this up lol.

Kouriozan

Finally!!! Valentus, thanks for the assist! And thanks to everyone on here for their support. Daily - another CoD
So glad to be done with that one. And now I can add Maxwell to the TMR team with Gaffgarion. My Lightning will be pretty good in a month or two. Right now, she's just "not scrub" status ;)
Gratz!
Really glad you managed to do it.
Hopefully the rest of GAF will follow shortly.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I've learned to let others be the pioneers, and I will follow along. I spent close to 1500 lapis leveling CoD, and running that damned trial. Now I am can run cactuars the rest of the weekend, and level my cutie Arc

Should have maxed CoD first...
Should have been a little more patient. I just wanted to add Maxwell to my TMR team

With Gaf, Cecil, and Maxwell on my TMR team, I'm hopeful that my Lightning can break the 600 attack barrier in a month or two. Then I will work on maxing out one of my mages. Valentus was right that one whale unit can make all the difference.

Valentus

Finally!!! Valentus, thanks for the assist! And thanks to everyone on here for their support. Daily - another CoD
So glad to be done with that one. And now I can add Maxwell to the TMR team with Gaffgarion. My Lightning will be pretty good in a month or two. Right now, she's just "not scrub" status ;)

Congratz! im really happy that you finally did it. Now that the hardest hurdle is passed (beating him) try to get all the rewards. You can do it.

Rixa

Huoh. I was thinking, ok I have this nice CoD friend. Lets do the no KO Maxwell...
Maybe later, I went to Cactuar dunes. Atleast I got 3 Jumbos.
.eJwVxcsNwyAMANBduBcwf2eNDlAhgiBSAhF2T1V3r_ou7yPe6xSb6Mw3bUrtB5W5dkk8V25VtjnbWfN9kCzzUpk5l37VwaQAPfoYEUOCmHzyQRmH3sZonEWrg3Ea1LOsWgf1yS-jIQAAPv5pkPdo4vsDyBAnVw.CkC1hKepENnVEVn3CWH7QCoQkjg

CCIE

Banned
Oh yeah, I can crush her for the last two rewards now. The hard part was trying to get the Evoke in, so I didn't go balls to the wall the entire fight. Your CoD can get me through it again with no KO, and a limit break with probably not much of an issue.

Chaining Lightning with your CoD is downright lethal. Gratifying to watch her HP come off in big chunks

Woot! I did it and managed to last long enough to evoke Diabolos!

I didn't get the no KO or the limit burst bits, but that's because I complete forgot about them after getting so frickin' excited with the evoke that I didn't want to screw anything up.

Phew. Now I can go in with a more aggressive approach and hopefully get the other pieces at some point this week. Very exciting!

The only real change I made was taking along a second tank instead of just one. Charlotte and Cecil made a great combo to absorb the vast majority of the damage. With my "still with the new car smell" CoD did great, and Lyrian's Elza did the heavy lifting in terms of damage, but my team pulled through respectfully with only one or two deaths. Not too shabby.

My CoD is nowhere near as useful as the big'uns on this board, but if anyone needs something specific from my units, just let me know and I will share them. I have a decent Arc if you need a mage, Agrias if you need a FB unit, and a maxed Cecil if you need a tank ready to go.

Syrus

Banned
Can you guys add me?

Will have 6 star ex death next month. Currently maxwell for gaia. Normally kefka or soon 6 star cecil.

Kouriozan

Chilly is playing... his Refia was one of the top units on my FL. Maybe he's sick or something.
If you look at your friend list, you see his Refia and last playing 2 days ago.
I blame Tilith. Chilly we miss you!
Woot! I did it and managed to last long enough to evoke Diabolos!
Another one, nice!
Can you guys add me?

Will have 6 star ex death next month. Currently maxwell for gaia. Normally kefka or soon 6 star cecil.
Request sent!

Valentus

the thing i love is that even more friends here are bulking their units, so the community has a more wide spectrum of choices to try beating hard content.

Keep doing the good work guys. Exvius GAF is the best GAF

the thing i love is that even more friends here are bulking their units, so the community has a more wide spectrum of choices to try beating hard content.

Oh for sure

GAf Friend summon pool has made king mog events so much easier

Thanks bros!

Ill have a monster to share soon enough. For now i just have my bargain bin Luneth up

Pejo

Yeah, I've learned to let others be the pioneers, and I will follow along. I spent close to 1500 lapis leveling CoD, and running that damned trial. Now I am can run cactuars the rest of the weekend, and level my cutie Arc

Should have maxed CoD first...
Should have been a little more patient. I just wanted to add Maxwell to my TMR team

With Gaf, Cecil, and Maxwell on my TMR team, I'm hopeful that my Lightning can break the 600 attack barrier in a month or two. Then I will work on maxing out one of my mages. Valentus was right that one whale unit can make all the difference.

Congrats on the Maxwell fight! I'm really happy for you!

Just woke up and tried again myself, and did it! (I kinda sorta fell asleep waiting for NRG to refill). A few notes that might be helpful to those still trying to do the Diabolos challenge -

- Barrage is the MVP with generating orbs. It's worth a loss of damage to bring a barrage unit or to throw barrage on a unit that you're bringing. (just make sure you have a powerful friend to push phases/finish the fight).

- Second best orb generator for me was Cecil with Black Belt equipped. I originally didn't want to lose the muscle belt on him, but it ended up not being a big deal, and countering every round was key in giving extra orbs. You get it from the Kolts fat chocobo.

- As much as I hated to admit it, Full Break is absolutely necessary. I lucked out in that I just maxed out my WoL and got my first Barrage TM this week, so I put it on him for extra orbs between full break rounds. My thoughts going into this were that without a 6* full breaker, and considering their native skillsets, it was a waste of space to bring them. Since this challenge is a turtle challenge though, it really is worth it. If you do have a barrage TM, throw it on this character though, no matter who it is.

Other than that, I still feel there is a fair amount of RNG in this fight that's going to determine if you win or not. I tried 3 times, and this last time, she just flat out didn't attack as many times per round, and didn't target Refia. I burned about 1800 lapis doing refreshes to max level my WoL and brand new Elza for this fight, but it was totally worth it.

H3xum

i dont understand how last week i was 5k-6k in the arena but this week i am hovering between 12-15k doing the same amount of arena play.

Are people really paying that much to refill arena?

Syrus

Banned

I agree , you all have helped me ao much.

Valentus you have helped me so many times , never delete LanceX , id cry lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I didn't really use barrage much. Rather I kept with auto attacks and low level multi hit AE like bladeblitz. Basically, all I did was slowly wear him down. When i had enough to summon Diablos, I had him down to about 1/3 of his health. Then it was nuke him into obilivion.

But as I said, I built my team to survive foremost. Between Leanna, WoL, and Cecil. I could add 3k+ HP to all my units in one turn. I also used Elixirs on Cecil, Leanna, and CoD. The ones who continually buffed my team.

windfish

Gratz to all of you who finished the maxwell trial!

My Tilith is almost done, maybe I can try her later if I get a bit lucky with my cactuars.
After the initial shock and pessimism I start to get a good feeling about this fight.
Pulls on the new banner have been okay too, second CoD, fourth Garland and a new Leo, not too bad... just wanted to pull once but yeah I just can't resist...

c-murph

Elza hits like 30k per hit, with a total of 180k per skill

My cod hits 250-300k per call of the void. Its more fast to kill maxwell with my cod.

Is that with Diabolos Man-Eater attached? Does the effect stack?

If you look at your friend list, you see his Refia and last playing 2 days ago.
I blame Tilith. Chilly we miss you!

Oh no, that's more time than most people give before removing a friend

i dont understand how last week i was 5k-6k in the arena but this week i am hovering between 12-15k doing the same amount of arena play.

Are people really paying that much to refill arena?

Yes. I play when I have available orbs and I can't even break 10K.

Rixa

Oh for sure

GAf Friend summon pool has made king mog events so much easier

Thanks bros!

Ill have a monster to share soon enough. For now i just have my bargain bin Luneth up
I hope that in 1 month time I can contribute something to DPS side of game. MAG side is ok, but dont have great things for DPS. After these I will:

.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBduBcw4ees0QEqRBBESgBh51R19773Fc-6xC4a86RdqeOkPNYhicdKtcg6Rr1KmifJPG6VmFNud-lMCtChCwHRRwjRReeVseis1hYjuOg3g1698yqlUxv8MRo8AOALvDGblrNX8fsDyeknaQ.0MmhhPyATNjUCphtRk1nkrYRXuY

If nothing else, my single wielder CoD will have nice ATK. After those I think I do 2x Gaff Bracer :p

I have 3 trust moggles, who should I give them too? I have no TM rewards so far

Keep them in inventory (remember to Lock them). There is no rush to give them to your Zidane (if you happen to pull better unit)... I have 80% worth of Moogles in inventory and no units to give them. Maybe someday...

Xion86

Yey!!! :D nice one, really happy you did it, hated seeing you stressing over it so much haha.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

This was def. a nice reality check for most players here - def. trying to be more prepared next time. Honestly i didnt even know we were getting Maxwell so soon.

So I will have 10 Trust Moogles at the end of the month if I hold serve in the top 3k of Arena which I am somehow doing without refills. They will all be going into a hopeful Gilgamesh pull.

Edit: Shit I will actually have 11 I forgot about the two 5% ones from Maxwell.

Xion86

Can anyone else confirm if they got last weeks Weekly Arena awards? Still waiting :/

Also I have a question I'm curious about...

So I have my maxed Cecil I'm currently using, but I have another Cecil which was 3 stars which I used to max his limit break and then awaken to 4 stars. I'm still getting his limit break bar up using pots when we get them before he gets awakened again. Now that second Cecil will eventually be my main one, so don't want to use Arena pots on the maxed out Cecil. If I use the pots on the 4 Star Cecil, would that carry across fine? I'm just hoping I don't have to wait until that Cecil hits 6 stars, then start boosting the stats using the pots from that point onwards.

Rixa

Now I remember why I was saving 5 Lanis and feeding rest:

FFBE JP said:
Final Fantasy V - New Characters:
* Gilgamesh - 5-6☆ Trust: 10% ATK/INT + Dual Wield - Accessory
* Mercedes - 4-6☆ Trust: +125 ATK - Water Element - Axe
* Faris - 3-5☆ Trust: Aqua + Dragon Killer - Materia

This was 6½ months ago in JP. As for TM's Faris sucks but Gilgamesh & Mercedes wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom